420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick

How do you form the pucks?

It’s funny. I almost took a photo of my little rig while I was doing this yesterday, but I thought to myself what are you doing you donkey do you really think anyone wants to see that? :cool:
:passitleft:

The prototype for my home made pollen press was a penny in a pipe. It is essentially the same.
What we have is a tube, a plug, a blank and a clamp. And some baking paper.

I drop these spacers down the back of it and gently tap the puck out using the heel of the clamp.

That’s why I leave a gap along that side of the paper when I am putting the stripes on.

It tastes fantastic!

Too many pictures, I know, but there we are that’s how I do it.

:headbanger:

Never ever ever such thing as to many pictures hello yellow making dd mellow !!!! What does it smell like!

It smells like sweaty toffee in a sock with a wet mouse and a lamington too close to a fire.

Too many pictures yet? :rofl:

It smells gorgeous. It tastes delicious. It smells like kilocalories, that’s what it smells like. It smells like a lot of sweet things are going to keep you on the couch instead of working it off :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have been enjoying the consistently high quality of these cookie concentrates. I’ve really been getting a lot out of it ;) (I haven’t squished #3 yet. I haven’t had the need with everything else coming through). Rosin from GSC #4 is the best yet.

Still under the Mars Hydro FC3000 is
GSC #5

With just a few weeks to go until she gives up her secrets.

Cuckoo for Cookies (to misquote I Am The Walrus.) FTR I am not a walrus.

Keep it super real.
Stay safe.
:peace: :love:
The next harvest is coming. :thumb:

The prototype for my home made pollen press was a penny in a pipe. It is essentially the same.
What we have is a tube, a plug, a blank and a clamp. And some baking paper.
Very cool.

The clamp I have. Are the other parts readily available at a hardware store or are we talking specialty items?

Very cool.

The clamp I have. Are the other parts readily available at a hardware store or are we talking specialty items?

Cheers, Azi.

The diameter of my pucks is 28mm.
When I was casting about for useful pieces of scrap I looked for stainless exhaust tubing* for an inch and a quarter bore. That would have been just over 31mm.
I’ve had a quick look. IDK where you are, but based on ‘hardware store’ I guess USA? A usd half dollar coin is about the perfect size being close to 30mm.
You want an inch and a half or two inches of pipe with a half dollar hole.
A general engineering workshop will have scrap. I’m sure if you ask nicely - here - wait for smoko, the smokers all gather together outside. For a couple of buds you can get what you need.
If you get a piece of pipe with a seam in it you either need your chap or chapess to drill/bore it just quickly or use a wooden slug for pressing. Chop a bit off a broom handle or something the right size. Forcing it through a few times the seam will cut an indentation in the side of your slug. The blank I use at the base of the rig is similarly just a piece of scrap. Give your new best friend the engineer an ounce he’ll spin you up a gorgeous stainless steel thing with a fancy screw or spigot in the base for easy use.

I used to compress an ounce into a small cigar tin believing this made it less conspicuous in my airport carry on. That was daft but I did find you can compress this material well enough by hand if you want to. You still need your short piece of pipe for a mould, but that’s all you need. Take just 5g and press it in with your thumb just as tight as you can. Bolts, bits of dowel, anything that can fit down that hole and better still take a hit with a hammer will do for you. See how bad you can beat up that half dollar.

Let us know how you get on?

*edit: the stainless exhaust tube would have been favourite because it is seamless. It might be worth checking out an exhaust fitter’s round smoko time?

Hey cookie kooks

Just up with a few photos of my last GSC standing. She still has two or three weeks to go I would think.

She had her last feed today of the @GeoFlora Nutrients
I was sorry to hear this week of the passing of the people who originated this gear. It really has been fantastic to use in the garden. I’m sure if their business survives them they will have left a legacy to be proud of. :rip:

I’ll repost these stickers in the community thread.

I hope you’re all doing well.

Stay safe.

Girl Scout Cookies

UPDATE FROM THE STABLE

GSC #5 - our last - is just starting week eight. I give her another two, three maybe.

GSC #4 keeps producing the most delicious golden rosin at an impressive 19.5% by weight.

We couldn’t be happier with this whole project.

Thanks again 420 Mag!
:ciao:

Cookies! Crazy for cookies. :morenutes:

I am getting through my GSC #3 flower. It is most enjoyable as an all day go-to and even better with rosin from my GSC #4.

Sharing this at the end of the day with @Sugarleaf watching the light fade out of the hills around us she has reminded me how special GSC #3 is. (She is off her face!) I’m hoping for roots on cuts any day to see she carries on.
I almost thought the first two were CBD which is ludicrous. Best rosin ever with #4. Consistently 19.5% by weight without trying and it tastes ridiculous!
I’m hoping GSC #5 will be as good for rosin as #4. She has a lot in common so far.

She’s starting to look done. Earlier than the others.

I hope you’re all having fun out there, folks.
Stay safe n’ stuff.
:headbanger:

The Last Cookie In The Jar

She is drip drying from being washed. I will clip her down for paper bags in the fridge for another low and slow dry and cure starting tomorrow.

She’ll make a couple of curtain calls for weights and rosin. Otherwise, we are almost at the end of this project. I hope to have good news soon in roots from cuts of GSC #3 our keeper.

Easing in to the weekend here with sticks of GSC #4 rosin in our GSC #3 roll ups.

It’s a treat. If you haven’t tried it yet go to Weed Seeds Express dot com and get some.
:snowboating:
Stay lit, if that’s your thing.
Be safe.

Cookie Crumbs

There can’t be many of these comparative journals still open. Here in the Stable we have jarred the last of five plants grown, reaping 2.8 oz from her for a total of 14.2 oz from the whole run.

I have been squishing everything I can for, let me think.. at least a year and this is my favourite for a flavour and effect that just punch you in the face.

I just had a quick look back through this journal to check we had the exchange about bovedas here. I’ll be trying to dehydrate a few using desiccated rice some time during the coming week just to close that conversation.

While having a look back for that I was reminded that at the outset I laid some goals for pain management and sleep achievement. With the caveat that the persistent pain I get is jolly intractable let me say I haven’t found GSC good for either pain or sleep but it’s a lot of fun anyway!

As already stated a plant has to hit pain or displace the best of my back ups to get a place in the Stable. Well the GSC, it turns out, doesn’t need to do either of these things. I’m going to build a hemp canoe so I can paddle it up a river of this rosin!

The loudest on the palette and the most fun of all five to smoke was GSC #3. This is why I haven’t made any rosin from her, she’s been providing sterling service in the background.

We’ll catch her rosin on the next go around.

And so, barring the boveda refresh, we’ll be bringing this GSC journal to a close soon.

It really has been a terrific thing to be a part of. Thanks again to Rob @420 , @Weed Seeds Express , @GeoFlora Nutrients :rip: @DYNOMYCO, @DabPress, @Mars Hydro and all our other fabulous sponsors some of whom we know stock the dynavap, at least one of them must have bovedas too, surely?

Thank you guys, sponsors, for supporting 420 Magazine and its members to achieve better levels of cannabis awareness :high-five:

And thank you, readers for reading. I hope it’s been a rewarding enough ride on the donkey express. What are you still doing reading this? Go to the weed seeds website and get up in some feminised Girl Scout Cookies seeds. The rosin is a ripper!

You’ve survived two years of a global pandemic. It’s just xmas now. See you on the other side.

:green_heart:

Cookie Crumbs

There can’t be many of these comparative journals still open. Here in the Stable we have jarred the last of five plants grown, reaping 2.8 oz from her for a total of 14.2 oz from the whole run.

I have been squishing everything I can for, let me think.. at least a year and this is my favourite for a flavour and effect that just punch you in the face.

I just had a quick look back through this journal to check we had the exchange about bovedas here. I’ll be trying to dehydrate a few using desiccated rice some time during the coming week just to close that conversation.

While having a look back for that I was reminded that at the outset I laid some goals for pain management and sleep achievement. With the caveat that the persistent pain I get is jolly intractable let me say I haven’t found GSC good for either pain or sleep but it’s a lot of fun anyway!

As already stated a plant has to hit pain or displace the best of my back ups to get a place in the Stable. Well the GSC, it turns out, doesn’t need to do either of these things. I’m going to build a hemp canoe so I can paddle it up a river of this rosin!

The loudest on the palette and the most fun of all five to smoke was GSC #3. This is why I haven’t made any rosin from her, she’s been providing sterling service in the background.

We’ll catch her rosin on the next go around.

And so, barring the boveda refresh, we’ll be bringing this GSC journal to a close soon.

It really has been a terrific thing to be a part of. Thanks again to Rob @420 , @Weed Seeds Express , @GeoFlora Nutrients :rip: @DYNOMYCO, @DabPress, @Mars Hydro and all our other fabulous sponsors some of whom we know stock the dynavap, at least one of them must have bovedas too, surely?

Thank you guys, sponsors, for supporting 420 Magazine and its members to achieve better levels of cannabis awareness :high-five:

And thank you, readers for reading. I hope it’s been a rewarding enough ride on the donkey express. What are you still doing reading this? Go to the weed seeds website and get up in some feminised Girl Scout Cookies seeds. The rosin is a ripper!

You’ve survived two years of a global pandemic. It’s just xmas now. See you on the other side.

:green_heart:
Excellent finish Mr D.

Good to see that you got yourself a keeper from this. I'd have liked to have kept one of mine but I'm just about to move home. I'm not bringing my weed plants with me like I did when I last moved home lol. That was an entertaining evening.

Good job bud and if I don't hear from you before, I'd like to wish you a merry Crimbo.

Ps. Get some glass for your dynavap. Game changer!

New Stable "Rules." I like it. :goodjob:

Congrats on the successful grow, Donkey! I'm happy you're loving the rosin despite it not helping with pain.

Back
Top Bottom