• VapeDogg223

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Vick074

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • OG1969

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i do hope that we members get a new way to put people in the limelight if this new method sticks....
just talking from my own habbits i dont partake much in plant and nug of the month. i love pot but im a commoner not a connaisseur and one plant looks much the same as another to me...im here for the people. if you take when i nominated fishcake for example..that is a classic case of showing respect to the man and had very little to do with actual gardening. it didnt matter if he won or not, the respect from member to member was given at the moment of nomination.

it doesnt have to be an award or anything, but there should be some sort of thread dedicated to paying homage to people who stand out.

Well said Gigabane.

I haven't been around too long yet, but I can appreciate the 'popularity contest' feel of the old rules. I'll be watching this months contest closely to see how this all plays out.

My question is this... Where are some nominees? In previous months, we would have the first nominees within hours of the thread opening. It's been 3 days! I'm assuming we will still be allowed to discuss the nominations and the relative merits of the nominees? It would be nice if the voters had as much time as possible for that discussion.

indeed...where are some nominations please 420! discussing the nominees is the lions share of the excitement =)

oh and while im on my soap box.

why dont we have a sponsor of the month? they dont need a reward, the title is HUGE kudos

i would definatly like to see more cross networking of 420 and the sponsors.
like links on BPN website to bpn grows on 420 and the reverse, like the above sponsor of the month.
and ive seen jd lighting grows and jj bones-perfect gardens has provided the stuff for more than a few grows.

would like to see more of 420 on them too.

i could be elaborate on how this can drive the market but im sure all can see how this improves synergy and growth for all =D

Edit:sorry for going on a bit and off track..my new smoke seems to be a bit creative ;)

We are working on it guys, please give us a little time as we are extremely busy with a very limited staff. :thumb:

Great idea thanks, however we're not adding any new contests until we get these running smoothly. :thanks:
:Namaste:

I'm pleased to find out about the experimental rule changes. This may give certain members of the site an actual chance to be nominated, and hence a chance to rightfully win MOTM.

Interested to see how this goes.

Cheers all!

We are going to need some help from the staff if this is going to work.

Each nominee will need some kind of write up describing what they are all about. When the members nominated people, they usually told people why they nominated the person and why they would deserve it. I think the staff should be able to explain why the person was nominated. Because I won't vote for someone I know nothing about.

The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month. Please bear with us, should the thread need to be locked during the nominating period.

Here you go Muttt.

We're still working on it guys. Thought this was going to be easier, however since we've only received one suggested nominee from the members so far we're having to search them out ourselves which is taking a lot longer. We'll get a routine down eventually and this process will run smoothly, just like everything else we set our minds and energy to. Staff is in the process of discussing 3 possible prospects at the moment and we'll post them here as soon as we are decided. Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful. :Namaste:

So whats going on with this MOTM? Any good nominees yet! :popcorn:

Alright, everyone! We have the first 2 nominees! :cheer: We're still discussing some others so hopefully I'll have a couple more to add tomorrow.

The first nominee is JJ Bones! He works pretty tirelessly as far as answering questions, especially with newer members and growers. His advice is sound, to the point and he doesn't limit his time to grow journals. I see him answering many questions in the FAQ section, for example. He seems to understand the mission and represents his company and 420 Mag professionally and respectfully.

And the second nominee is VapeDogg223! He is a super solid guy who is always polite and helpful in his journals. He welcomes new members, showing them around the site and also reports guidelines violations.

Thank you all for your patience while we figure a routine for this new contest. Sorry it's taking so long. :Namaste:

YAY thanks for the update 420 Girl!

both great nominations!

i see VapeDogg helping people ALL the time and so far to my knowledge ive never seen him lose his cool...unlike myself :rofl:

and the same with JJ bones. who ironically im brainstorming with as we speak. JJ takes monumental efforts for his business, his role as a sponsor, and his care for 420 and its members. uness the 420 staff throw a curve ball with an exceptional nomination, JJ has my vote =D

We're still working on it guys. Thought this was going to be easier, however since we've only received one suggested nominee from the members so far we're having to search them out ourselves which is taking a lot longer. We'll get a routine down eventually and this process will run smoothly, just like everything else we set our minds and energy to. Staff is in the process of discussing 3 possible prospects at the moment and we'll post them here as soon as we are decided. Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful. :Namaste:

Alright, everyone! We have the first 2 nominees! :cheer: We're still discussing some others so hopefully I'll have a couple more to add tomorrow.

The first nominee is JJ Bones! He works pretty tirelessly as far as answering questions, especially with newer members and growers. His advice is sound, to the point and he doesn't limit his time to grow journals. I see him answering many questions in the FAQ section, for example. He seems to understand the mission and represents his company and 420 Mag professionally and respectfully.

And the second nominee is VapeDogg223! He is a super solid guy who is always polite and helpful in his journals. He welcomes new members, showing them around the site and also reports guidelines violations.

Thank you all for your patience while we figure a routine for this new contest. Sorry it's taking so long. :Namaste:

I have to hand it to you guys. I know its alot of work running these type of sites. :bravo:

2 great nominees so far :)

Back
Top Bottom