• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
re: Nug of the Month Contest: October 2010

1st post, long time grower

My submission is some NL 5 I harvested last December
P4210156test-1.jpg

Very nice! :bravo:

We're getting down to the wire, would anyone else like to enter?

:popcorn:

Wish I could enter but it wouldnt really be fair since they are all photographed by MV! lol

I was told that you are not allowed to enter the same nug in two contests, so I deleted your entry and asked the mod team to send you the proper advisory. You should have a pm soon, sorry for the delay. ;)

I was told that you are not allowed to enter the same nug in two contests, so I deleted your entry and asked the mod team to send you the proper advisory. You should have a pm soon, sorry for the delay. ;)

Well, you should make that clear in the rules at the begining of this post. I entered the same two pics the last two months in a row, and this was the first time any mention was made that the same picture/strain entry was not allowed beyond its first posting. Unless I am reading this wrong....

Nug-Month_new.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

Once all nominations are in, we will begin voting for a winner. The contest will be open through the last day of the month.

Each winner will receive 100 rep points and the title "Nug of the Month Winner". Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print edition.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

If there are rules beyond what is posted, I think its only fair entrants be notified of these rules. I was under the impression only winning plants/nugs were barred from re-entry.

Okay brother, we'll work it out, let me ask Be Irie, he is the one who told me it was not allowed. I assumed it was in the rules somewhere, been moving grow journals for hours and got busy and didn't follow through, my fault. Yet one more reason I don't normally do this stuff, but we are short staffed right now so I am wearing 420 hats. Give me some time to get him to chime in and we'll sort it out. This mess is because I am trying to take over where Soniq left off, so please work with me guys, I am human too, thank you. ;)

Okay brother, we'll work it out, let me ask Be Irie, he is the one who told me it was not allowed. I assumed it was in the rules somewhere, been moving grow journals for hours and got busy and didn't follow through, my fault. Yet one more reason I don't normally do this stuff, but we are short staffed right now so I am wearing 420 hats. Give me some time to get him to chime in and we'll sort it out. This mess is because I am trying to take over where Soniq left off, so please work with me guys, I am human too, thank you. ;)

420 My friend, I am not worried. Its doubtful I would win anyway. ;)

I just want the rules to be clear for everyone. This is my third time entering this nug and up until this point I thought unless you won, you were allowed unlimited entries. Keep up the good work and please, let this be the least of your worries. I had no idea why my entry was deleted hence my concern... you are obviously quite overstaffed and I know how that goes. I was a little irritated at first but I see now I was being hasty. Please tend to your priorities and if my entry breaks the rules, just make sure you ammend the main post so others are aware of the limitations of the contest.

Good luck with your extra duties and I hope the overtime is either well paid, or short lived, depending on what works best for you. :grinjoint:

Thanks for your understanding and support my brother.

I spoke to Be Irie and he thought it was a rule already as well, so we are just now beginning this discussion in the back.

What does everyone think about prohibiting the submission of a photo more than once in a contest?

Personally I think variety is the spice of life and this contest is just about showing our girls off in their final phase before they become SMOKE or VAPOR or munchies...:)

But I see no reason to limit how many times a single nug is entered...:tokin:

At least until we have somewhere close to the maximum of 25 entries especially. I just like seeing the variety myself and wish I could visit all your grows and admire and swap test doobies so we can compare notes and it could make all of us better growers...might take a few tests too....:passitleft:.

I say let Odin post it again, all in good fun right?

:peace:

VERY good points on the contest entry submission limit, I agree with you, however would like to hear from a few more people before we make a decision. Thank you brother MountainHigh! ;)

While we are waiting for more feedback, I had an idea to make the contests all align properly, while also simplifying my workload associated with it.

How do you guys feel about extending this and the plant of the month contest for another 2 weeks of submissions, then start voting on the 15th?

This way I can start the Member of the Month contest now and all contests can begin running concurrently.

To make up for it I will include some extra prizes to make it a bit more exciting. ;)

Is that cool with you guys?

We will miss a month, but gain extra prizes and organization. :cheer:

sounds good

i think unless they win they should be allowed to post the same one over and ovefr but obviously if they win that nug shouldnt be allowed again jus my 2 cents

Well, sure looks like this sparked some conversation...... It is being worked out. IMHO I gotta say though, it makes no sense to me that someone be able to post the same pics month after month.. :smokin:

i see wat your sayin maybe allow them to post the same pic only 2 times or something for pple who dont grow as much as others or something

It really doesn't matter to me. Clarity in the rules is all I am asking.

For example on another website with contests I am a member of (automobile site) you submit your vehicle to a pool of yearly contestants, and the team of moderators vote and choose each month who is going to be the "Rig of the Month".

You can submit your vehicle as many time as you'd like (same or different pics) until you are chosen. Then you can only compete for "Rig of the Year", with the same requirements.

Obviously this is a different style contest. But my point is, you can submit as many times as you like, as long as you haven't won with that vehicle before.

I only entered the nug I have entered twice before because there was a serious lack of entries this month. I figured why not, I got some good votes before, why not try again?

It makes sense to me either way. Just seems to me, especially with the plant of the month, if you can only enter one plant once, and you lose by two votes... then you have to wait an entire year to be able to enter again with a different plant (if you grow out doors say for example). Instead of pitting your plant that barely lost last month against the fresh new photos next month.

It seems fair either way. That said, it seems like even more work for the Mods to sit and try and figure out if that plant was entered last month, or last year, etc. Keeping track of WINNERS vs ENTRIES is an entirely diffferent ball park. It also seems the 25 entry limit is rarely reached in either contest. Thats why I waited until the end of the month, I wasn't going to enter again unless there wasn't much to choose from. Just trying to add some variety :)

I think this calls for a new post, with a poll. :popcorn:

It's all good Odin, there is no poll needed, I have already decided to allow the same entry over and over until we get to 25 entries per month, then we will revisit this and do a poll, sound good brother?

It's all good Odin, there is no poll needed, I have already decided to allow the same entry over and over until we get to 25 entries per month, then we will revisit this and do a poll, sound good brother?

Yeah I am not trying to be a whiner about all this. I see a lot of people barely lose and I would be disapointed if I lost by two votes and wasn't able to enter again until I had something new or different. Seems fair to me and I think the majority of members here feel the same way. Sounds good 420! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom