Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Kronnoisseur

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • tennvol

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
re: Nug of the Month Contest: October 2010

Cool if the contest is extended this month then Here is my Purple Mr. Nice grown 100% organically indoor in soil. Flowered for 70 days and cured for 2.5 months. She tastes like grapes or purple fruit with chocolate undertones. Very heavy

P1010002_1280x958_.jpg

and another photo just for good measure

P1010003_1280x958_.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys as much as my patients and i do.
Peace and Jah Bless:cool:

re: Nug of the Month Contest: October 2010

These buds are so perfect I could never smoke one. I would want to encase it in clear resin to last forever.

I have some thoughts, but no real suggestions.

On growing vs. buying your nug: It saddens me that a person who grew their own nug can lose to a person that has never grown even an onion simply because that person happens to both live near and have access to a dispensary (and have the money to buy a nice-looking bud). Yes, we have a plant of the month contest, but it is a fact that there have been plants that were in no way standouts - which still had some nice buds. Unfortunately, I don't know any real way to guarantee that entrants would all be home-grown (even if everyone agreed with me).

On submitting the same nug/plant photo in multiple contests: My problem with this is that, well, does the member still have that nug/plant? Plants get harvested, buds get toked, yet pictures rarely go up in smoke. Odin gave a good example of another contest, and in that case it is much less of an issue - but people tend to keep their vehicles for (relatively) longer periods of time and use them every day; once you use your bud, it's just a memory. If a member wishes to submit a plant this month, and submit the same plant next month (and it is still alive and growing), that would be a different story; as would submitting the same nug twice if the member still possesses it. The difficulty, IMO, is in knowing if the member still has the nug/plant or if he/she only has the picture.

On working your ass off: We all know that both you and Soniq420 (and the rest of the staff) do a lot around here. When someone is unavailable and you cover for them, you are not trading your workload for his - you are adding his duties to your pile. Allowances must be made for the human factor. Besides, you're doing a pretty good job of it, lol, and Soniq probably appreciates it even more than we do.

On bringing back the member of the month contest: I for one appreciate it. It was a great way to show my appreciation for members who went that extra step in trying to help others. Not everyone's circumstances allow them to grow (or buy) a choice nug or plant, and not all of those who do feel comfortable enough to post pictures. But almost anyone can help others, whether it's by sharing their knowledge, helping members use the site properly, finding others' answers to members' questions... or even by making us laugh - or think. It is a contest that anyone can win, even a fairly new member (even I won it once). And it is a contest that the "entrants" do not enter themselves in but, rather, are nominated by others who feel that they deserve the chance to win. It gives us a chance to recognize good in others - and to thank them for sharing it with us.

On changing contests, their formats, and changing/adding/removing rules: It is your site and obviously you can do what you wish to do. I greatly appreciate the fact that you allow us to voice our opinions and consider our input when you make decisions. But might I respectfully suggest that in the future you either wait to make changes until a contest is over (even if it means that there will be a delay between contests) or that any changes that are made apply only to future contests and not ongoing ones?

I have some thoughts, but no real suggestions.

On growing vs. buying your nug: It saddens me that a person who grew their own nug can lose to a person that has never grown even an onion simply because that person happens to both live near and have access to a dispensary (and have the money to buy a nice-looking bud). Yes, we have a plant of the month contest, but it is a fact that there have been plants that were in no way standouts - which still had some nice buds. Unfortunately, I don't know any real way to guarantee that entrants would all be home-grown (even if everyone agreed with me).

I always assumed because of that factor, thats why only the POTM has an actual physical prize, because a high majority of people that enter the POTM are actually entering their plant. Where as it seems to me a a higher percentage of people entering the NOTM are entering purchased nugs, not home grown nugs.

On submitting the same nug/plant photo in multiple contests: My problem with this is that, well, does the member still have that nug/plant? Plants get harvested, buds get toked, yet pictures rarely go up in smoke. Odin gave a good example of another contest, and in that case it is much less of an issue - but people tend to keep their vehicles for (relatively) longer periods of time and use them every day; once you use your bud, it's just a memory. If a member wishes to submit a plant this month, and submit the same plant next month (and it is still alive and growing), that would be a different story; as would submitting the same nug twice if the member still possesses it. The difficulty, IMO, is in knowing if the member still has the nug/plant or if he/she only has the picture.

Yeah, my example of the truck contest is not really applicable here. The plants I entered in the POTM contest the last two months were plants I grew last year. However I only became a member here in June of this year. I was extremely proud of the pictures I had because besides people on 420, pretty much no one else got to see these besides my girlfriend and a very select few individuals. I even made sure to note it was not a current grow, and that it was from last year. I was totally stoked to win with those entries and it really made my hard work pay off. Its tough growing something and not being able to share it with everyone you see, ya know? I would be pretty bummed if I had been DQed with my entries because it wasn't current, because I am still extremely proud of those plants. Best weed I ever grew.

One thing I have definitely noticed about this site is indoor growers far outrank the outdoor growers. Since indoor can be started and finished any time, it gives the indoor growers more opportunties to enter the contest than the outdoor growers, especially if it was required to be a current grow. The last few months since I joined up have seen pretty minimal POTM entries, however the last month tons more outdoor growers are posting up their plants because of the time of year.

I think its pretty much silly to think you could ever really know if the person has that plant alive still, or still has those nugs. This is a very honest site with good honest people, but like you said, you'd never REALLY know. I made sure to mention it each time I entered my plants and nug, but it was also not stated in the rules at the begining of the post, so I didn't think much about it. I've thought a lot about it and I am really okay either way. I think its fair to allow multiple entries if the person doesn't win, or 1 entry per plant/nug is also fair. Is there any type of forum program that you guys could impliment to make the job easier on you? To keep track of who has entered what, etc?

I just think if you start saying "Okay, well if its still alive, or you still have the nugs, you can enter again" its going to open up more confusion and more work for the mods. Either unlimited entries (unless you win) or one time only... I think its a bad idea to start making it more complicated with "do you still have it, is it still growing" etc etc. I just don't think it should be limited to a nug you currently have, or a plant that is still in the ground growing. If that was the case, I would think bought, not grown nugs should be DQed as well because then it would only be fair to the people who worked so long for thier nug entry.

On working your ass off: We all know that both you and Soniq420 (and the rest of the staff) do a lot around here. When someone is unavailable and you cover for them, you are not trading your workload for his - you are adding his duties to your pile. Allowances must be made for the human factor. Besides, you're doing a pretty good job of it, lol, and Soniq probably appreciates it even more than we do.

On bringing back the member of the month contest: I for one appreciate it. It was a great way to show my appreciation for members who went that extra step in trying to help others. Not everyone's circumstances allow them to grow (or buy) a choice nug or plant, and not all of those who do feel comfortable enough to post pictures. But almost anyone can help others, whether it's by sharing their knowledge, helping members use the site properly, finding others' answers to members' questions... or even by making us laugh - or think. It is a contest that anyone can win, even a fairly new member (even I won it once). And it is a contest that the "entrants" do not enter themselves in but, rather, are nominated by others who feel that they deserve the chance to win. It gives us a chance to recognize good in others - and to thank them for sharing it with us.

On changing contests, their formats, and changing/adding/removing rules: It is your site and obviously you can do what you wish to do. I greatly appreciate the fact that you allow us to voice our opinions and consider our input when you make decisions. But might I respectfully suggest that in the future you either wait to make changes until a contest is over (even if it means that there will be a delay between contests) or that any changes that are made apply only to future contests and not ongoing ones?

Agreed. There are lots of people I would like to submit for MOTM, still trying to figure out who exactly I am going to nominate. :smokin:

I'm a lil late and it's late, just wanted to say I know what Odin was talking about earlier, it's was a lil confusing, but on the other hand, if it's won once I don't think it has to go another round to be voted the best, we know half of how good it was already, the other half is from loadin that puppy up! As for the 15th 420... That'd be really cool I think we'll even get a lot more submissions as some people are harvesting their outdoor now. Then you get the late harvesters coming for another round next month too. ;) I'll catch up on this more later there's a lot of reading! :ganjamon: Oh and TorturedSoul, it just give's us something to aim for, you can't tell me the nugs are better manhandeled all the way to there and back... Janja's got my attention with Purple Mr. Nice that's some fine stuff right there buudday can't wait to try mine out!

zhummingsig.jpg

I give a lot of credit to those that grow, as I have only tried (and failed) twice in all my years of smoking. In light of that, I would like to respectfully step down from this months contest...I'll leave it to those that can grow...besides, while high quality medical grade bud, mine have not done very well in the past several months...

:peace:

I think the pics should be allowed as long as they haven't won yet. I highly doubt any of these nugs last more then a day or two after the pics are taken. Nice pics Odin.

Much respect Ncal-Cyclist, I'm a bicycle riding night rider lol! Always love reading your reviews. As for the growing man, advanced nutrients has a A + B program for grow and bloom which is already pH adjusted for Cannabis plants! Just a thought. Got my help anytime neighbor I do good at getting people up to speed, as long as you can water. ;) But yeah you may have some of the highest quality bud man, but growers can pick through pounds of nugs sometimes just to do competitions like this. :yummy: But that's funny MountainHigh, and i'm with molotov, but there needs to be a limit of posting the same picture, I personaly don't wanna stare at the same nug a whole year! Maybe limit to reposting it no more than once more, the time they do is up to that person. Any thoughts? :rollit:

zhummingsig.jpg

looking good people wow jungelkid you are a contender and ncal every month with top notch keep it up

If they wish, yes. ;)
Soooo does the winner get the title, "Nug of the Month and 1/2" title?

We already decided that members can enter the same nug until they win or until we reach 25 entries and have to revisit the policy. You may find more of the discussion in the Plant of the Month thread explaining it all. Thank you.
but there needs to be a limit of posting the same picture, I personaly don't wanna stare at the same nug a whole year! Maybe limit to reposting it no more than once more, the time they do is up to that person. Any thoughts?

If they wish, yes. ;)

We already decided that members can enter the same nug until they win or until we reach 25 entries and have to revisit the policy. You may find more of the discussion in the Plant of the Month thread explaining it all. Thank you.

Right on! :bongrip:

zhummingsig.jpg

i dont know but there can be only 1 winner an its who by the poll wins i seen great nugs lose old nugs new nugs this is a head scratcher so i think i will just go back to looking an not voting which was 1 reason which i joined the forum to vote but 420 kicks butt an im sure ya will get it streamlined

Back
Top Bottom