• Smoke2Js (Super Lemon Haze)

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Janja (Bubba Kush)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • grant0890 (HAWGS BREATH)

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is great, I am so happy to see so many peeps being proud of their home spun... I'M LOVIN IT! :cheer:

Fratdog is right, I see a few peeps down playing their work... tisk tisk... wasn't so long ago we (well... most anyways) were buying something off the street w/no real knowledge of how it was produced... my how spoiled we have become... LOL

Best of to each and every one of you... you are already winners in Caps book!

I'M LOVIN IT I TELL YA! :Namaste:

Well i better get in here!
here is my entry for the month
my "AK" - no mercy clone, Grown under 10 Cfls totaling in just over 16,000 lumens. grown with Vital Earths Organic Liquid Grow,bloom,and Bio pac, Tropical organics cococat, and G.O. calmag.
shes a beast that has taken to leaning on the wall no matter how much i try to tie her up. still sitting at mostly clear and cloudy with some amber on her fans. Sandra D as the wife named her is literally dripping with trichomes, covering every leaf. she has a strikingly sweet fruit smell with an underlying woody smell. i can wait for her to finish up. so with out further ado:popcorn:
My entry: thats a half gallon jug
plantofthemonth2.JPG

Plant_of_the_month1.JPG

good luck to all of the wonderful entry's and growers that have entered!
there are some great plants coming from the many growers here
:high-five: keep it up

shaggie, you obviously didn't get the memo: You can't grow huge buds under cfls.

:bravo:

Good thing you deleted that memo before you read it.

:rofl:

please dont be hating on cfl's because i can guarentee that the majority of the people on this forum has used them in the past weather or not they admit it. but the point is all flouro lights including cfl's produce a different typ of nug. which growth in veggative mode is so much faster because the light it produces has minimal heat if u know how to control it. the only down side of using fluros is that theres not a very big yeild. i have used t5's, t8's, t12's, cfl's, led, mh, and hps. i found out that they all have their strength and weaknesses. for example led is good on growth and low on heat but there is not very much intensity to the lights at all so when you harvest you loose allot of size because the nugs are just filled with water weight instead of the caelyx's being extremly plump with plant matter. led's are also great for small gardens that space is limited but the veg growth makes them all weird looking which bugs me because the leaves grow in all differant directions trying to soak up all the differant spectrums as possible. all the flours including cfl's are the best in my opinion for vegitive/clone development. i use t5's for my veg and mother room and i use my 90 watt pro grow from ------------------- for clone devolpment. oi found out that all fluor's if you know how to control height then you can get decently sized flowers. but they are best for veg i like t5's better then mh for veg because you dont need that much light in veg and it takes alot to control the heat from mh. now about hps all the hype is true if you know what your doing. i live in a desert and i keep my room running 2 1000 watts hps's and 1 400 watt hps at 72.5-75.8f on a daily basis. all forms of light will work but it is a matter of what you want to do with it. breeders dont use flouro's or led for nothing they use hps and mh. except by one breeder out of seattle that bread northern lights to be used speciffically under flouro lights. then peeps started using hps's to breed and grow with mh in the veg so all in all if you can control your plants and the side effects from doing cetain things then you can get any where from a decent closet grow to a medical commercial crop its just the matter if time and money. so please o' please dont be ragging on peeps that just not be able to afford better lights.

I think it was meant more as a joke and compliment to shaggie.

There is ample evidence on this site that proves cfl bulbs are an efficient way to grow quality buds. With enough of them and a grower who knows what they're doing, good-sized plants can also be achieved as shaggie has displayed for us.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I got to admit i like the simplicity of cfls for a small grow.. they do well its all about picking the right spectrum of light....(7500-2700k) 7500 and 5000 for veg and 3500 and 2700k for bloom... i get a great Gram/watt. ive grown with Hps and MH and will go for them hands down when i have the space...and power.
ive seen very good grows with Leds that in no way, were they wispy strange buds... they were powerful heavy sticky buds.... i got to tell you it doesn't matter what i grow under........its more about the care that i give them...... the amount of light is important for the density and potency, but if you don't care for them properly it wont matter if your running 35 1000 Watt Hps and 15 1000 watt MH with the room sitting at 74.2-79.8F or a box with 3 27 watt Cfls and a fan. (grown in both situations)
i feel that this plant will grow well under ANY type of light Given that it is just a weed and naturally will strive for survival... its not the light its the care.
i also know alot of breeders that use Floros. includeing myself...... why would i want to waste a HPS or MH on a Male plant when i can get what i need off of a male grown under a single CfL...... one 27 watt light on 12/12 setting will give me a healthy enough male to get as much pollen as i need for my breeding.... i have a 5 generation cross as proof.

Steve buddy i saw the memo on it back in 2007 and set to prove it wrong.... i Grew some stanky herb and used the memo to roll with!!

I'm starting to feel left out! My entry was vegged under CFLs, and my mother is under CFLs! and I can buy a 5 pack of them at Costco for $0.99 with the instant rebate they have from the power company.:)

I'm starting to feel left out! My entry was vegged under CFLs, and my mother is under CFLs! and I can buy a 5 pack of them at Costco for $0.99 with the instant rebate they have from the power company.:)
Frattdogg,
Sorry you didn't get the memo, let me see if I can find it. Oh, here it is:

You can't grow MMJ with a CFL!

It was next to the other memo:
LEDs are a waste of money and can't produce sticky buds.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I find using the big 250w cfl's for growing works amazing, they sell them in blue spec for veg and red spec for flowering, they produce 19500 lumines an then 2 other 100w cfl all spec on the sides so all the plants have light and just grow 2 under them, an they grow amazing.
It is obviously more about the grower and the care he gives to the plant, more than the light you use, as long as the lights right spec.
I grown a plant 2 year ago under a 50w halogen disco light, lol. It stretched like fuk to reach the light, but when it was budding it went pretty mental for a wrong, small, shitty light. wouldn't recommend I just used it because i had no lights but still wanted a plant and it did the job mostly lol.
BUT CFL'S ARE SICK GET THE RIGHT SPEC.
I know no one bad mouthing them, i just love the big 250's and wanted to stand in their corner lol! But serious with all your guys help an love, we all grow sick plants...........
What a great grow TEAM! I'll be back in Sep to win the comp hhaa, joke,
Peace an love everyone, Good luck:adore:

first i would like to start off this post with a special :happy-birthday: to myself!!! my first birthday spent here with all you fine people!!! so now a special :thanks: to all of you, keeping my interest here, giving great advice, or asking questions, cus when there is a question that i dont know, i go research it, then i learn as well!!! so again :thanks: to all and happy growing!!!

:goodluck: everybody!!!

totally meant as a compliment to Shaggie, I would however suggest you switch to the Firefox browser from Mozilla (it has built in spell check). Not hating though.

i dont use a computer since i dont have one i just use my cell phone to take pics to post these pictures in my gallery then i use my ps3 for posting pics in the threads that it why the pics dont look the greatest but tonight i am going to post up some pics in my journal that will look way better then all of these but yes i am a poor folk so i cant afford my child support payments and a computer all is well just as long as we are all on the same page but we are lol check out my journal if you want its called washington state mmj should have new pix up tonight or tomorrow

i dont use a computer since i dont have one i just use my cell phone to take pics to post these pictures in my gallery then i use my ps3 for posting pics in the threads that it why the pics dont look the greatest but tonight i am going to post up some pics in my journal that will look way better then all of these but yes i am a poor folk so i cant afford my child support payments and a computer all is well just as long as we are all on the same page but we are lol check out my journal if you want its called washington state mmj should have new pix up tonight or tomorrow

A FELLOW GROWER WITH A PS3!!! hey man do what you have to do!!! as long as your here spreading the good word of cannabis awareness!!! look me up on your PS3!!! A_STONR_420 is my gamertag

:peacetwo:

Hi Everybody,
This year I am nominating my girl, "Pineapple Punch" (Pineapple Kush X AK47). I purchased the seeds from a California Company called, "Sanctuary Seeds". I put her outside mid June as a baby, and she stands about 3-1/2ft tall. She has been grown organically under the huge HPS in the sky. This Pic was taken on Monday 8/8/11, pretty far along for this early in the year huh?
Pineapple_squatty.jpg

Pinky.jpg

Hyp.... maybe im the only one feeling this way..... i dont know....
Please dont come on to a Contest thread and trash talk others plants.... if your plants "look way better than all of these" than by all means ENTER!
in my opinion every one on this site can, is, or has the ability to grow very good meds.
alot of people on this site do "poor man grows" they do well, alot do a normal grow with Hps etc... i support them all.... its about spreading the knowledge of cultivation, learning!

:420: is all about supporting your fellow grower.
working together to show the world that Medical Marijuana is a truly PEACEFUL medicine that helps with many different ailments.
everyone on here came to gain something.... Knowledge..... i know that if i myself thought that i knew everything that there was about this plant i wouldn't be on this site any more.

i hope you enter the contest i would like to see what you go going on!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom