420 Magazine's Plant of the Month: November 2011

Vote for Plant of the Month - November 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • I.play.4.keep

Oh wow! Those colors are amazing! That is seriously the coolest thing I have seen. I am guessing the temps have caused the color change?

That is correct my friend. I have a blueberry kush that is a little purple and a jack Herrer that's is turning deeeep purple not bright purple like this one is. I have more pictures of that plant and like a closeup cola shot if you're interested in seeing more. Thanks for your kind words my friend :)

Ok since i am usually the last to enter and last time i was too late:tokin: i'm gonna mix things up a bit and surprise you all by starting it off this time. This is my exclusive cherokee bubba kush at 60 days. Done 100% vegan using homemade soil mixes and teas resulting in a pure unadluterated dankness.

Vegan? So you plant is a cannibal??!! I mean is dung vegan? Animals poop anyway it doesn't hurt them to pick it up. Im so confused.

Skunk :smokin:

Skunk39.JPG

Skunk_1_1.JPG

Vegan? So you plant is a cannibal??!! I mean is dung vegan? Animals poop anyway it doesn't hurt them to pick it up. Im so confused.

yes Vegan and in a sense i guess you could say they are cannibal besides the fact they aren't eating their specific genus. And i have done many organic grows using guanos with good results i just prefer the vegan approach using fermented plant materials which are more bio-available to the plant thus are used more with no residual leftovers that occur from organics. I have taken plants down with no flush before that still burned to a complete white ash like it was flushed for 2 weeks and tasted better than any flushed organic or synthetic grow. But as i said I don't hate or dog organics its just different sttrokes for different folks you know I personally have been growing for 13+ years and grew up on an organic farm and just have found that this is my preferred style. Its all good if its done with care and compassion. Peace and Jah Bless you all and your beautiful plants. :Namaste:

My fav plant in the garden at the moment. This is the lovely Pineapple Express growing in 2L bottle, coco coir & hydroton mix, hempy SOG, 420fied style. Using Blue Planet Nutrients. This is my 2nd run with this strain and I have to say I'm loving it. High bud to leaf ratio, sticky, smelly (fruit), and very dense (more so than the previous grow).

MG_2143.jpg

Alaska Lady ~ Very lovely plant! Curious to know did Matanuska Valley helped you with the picture? I like the low key, mysterious feel to it. :welldone:

she ask me to show her how I make the black background in my photos a while back...
She takes her own pics, didn't know until now she enter. cool with me. she has to help me in my room now all the time...
My back hurts me and the weight from the buckets is just to much 4 me...
I am so glad she is there to help...:love:
I hope that answer your Question Twelve12.:Namaste:

MV... :popcorn:

Hay how much bud you get off that plant i.play.4.keep...?
By the look of the plant pic wasn't very much lot of time to put in a plant for so little weight but it looks really cool...:thumb:

MV...:popcorn:

Shes hang drying right now so I'm not sure. But I didnt put much time into her at all. I germinated the seed and kept it under cfl's until my cabinet brokedown on me and i had to throw 2 God's Gift Clones that i just bought, and this seedling outside until i could fix the cabinet. Basically i said eff the cabinet and just let them all finish outside. Its not much of a harvest but i had never gotten anything to survive outdoors before lol. So i was pretty happy they lived. Next outdoor season I'll be ready so maybe i can have a real big harvest. I have another seed of this White Widow x Ice strain and I have a bunch more seeds Ill grow and hopefully ill get huge plants that look this cool :)

DP Blueberry

006_bb_d34f1.JPG

008510.JPG

Grown in ebb n gro with 600w light. Smells like blueberries. I have grown this before and the high is very strong. I haven't tasted this one cause she's still a week or 2 from finishing. Second time I bought the strain cause I really like blueberry. 1st pic is day 34 and second is day 44.

Blueberry is my absolute 2nd favorite strain. I just cut down a blueberry kush from outside, and my lanta does it smell right on. I have some curing in a jar right now so hopefully ill be enjoying some soon :) :tokin:

Shiva Shanty II (Sensi)

Hi,

I almost forgot to enter again. LOL! There are some nice pics up ahead of me. :) The prizes look awesome, all sorts of items I could not afford to buy. It's certainly worth a try to win them! It was not physically possible to get my entire plant into the photo, so here's the middle part with the most buds in view. :welcome:

Nov11Shiva_Shanti_II_contest_pic.jpg

Siva_Shanti_II_close_to_harvest1.jpg

This is the one strain a have that thrived in the summer heat, despite a tough start. She looks like a Sativa, but according to Sensi Seeds, she's 100% Indica. This monster started off as a sad little clone I took while in full bloom. She ended up thriving, until I had to move and moved all my plants outside too early, which made them bloom again. In July I hacked off all those blooms so they could reveg before November harvest, but Shiva Shanty bounced back each time and grew like a weed!

The bud photo was taken 20 days before the plant photo. It's another 6 inches long (like all the buds) but had to be cropped to fit in the photo. :) Unfortunately, It got cold and rainy here too soon and I had to chop her right after the plant photo was taken. The plant is actually planted on the right side of this dog kennel. I chopped most of the buds on the right side to fit and tied the tall ones down and spread them out when I ran out of options to raise the roof. Despite that, she's over 9 feet tall and 7 feet wide if I untie her! All the other plants in that garden went through the bloom and reveg in July and they never grew above me waist, then were too dense to thrive. This is the perfect high yield beginner strain, the unsinkable SSII.

If anyone else knows of more Indica strains that love this hot dry climate, let me know. This summer, I learned the hard way that large, short, dense buds are a disaster outdoors and longer thinner buds are good. These aren't air buds, just dense and narrow and sticky like fly paper. :) This was my only plant untouched by mold after the early rain. Even the plants I tossed in the pool last year were unharmed. lol

This is only my second outdoor grow and I made all sorts of mistakes, but not as many as last year, thank heavens. She is a very forgiving strain for beginners, a high yielder that I use to make hash for edibles, pills, and tinctures. I hope everyone likes her!

TY!
:cheer:

Twelve12 - I see why they call it Pineapple express. Those Bud clusters look like ridges from pineapples! Impressive man
iPlay4Keep[z] - Exotic colors and can appreciate the spacing, does make for gnarlier buds.
Mr Smith - That's some big shit
Stoned4Daze - That's some lush outdoor
Janja - That's some hardy kush
Lusi - That bud looks Identical to my Island Sweet Skunk when it was flowering but grew in long clusters like my white widow lol. Check my journal if your curious, ISS is in NOTM ATM.

PB116603.JPG

"We gotta give the people what they waaannntt!.."

:smokin:

I absolutely :green_heart: the colors! Kind of reminds me of BassPlayer's Medijuana. :grinjoint: Definitely glad we got a second pic! :thumb:

:allgood:

I absolutely :green_heart: the colors! Kind of reminds me of BassPlayer's Medijuana. :grinjoint: Definitely glad we got a second pic! :thumb:

:allgood:

Thank you! Im hoping she can pull off a W but the competition is way tough!
I wish I had kept a grow journal for her. I definitely will 2nd time around. I'm thinking a video journal.

Back
Top Bottom