420 Motoco Memorial Grow - Community Journal - Tribute

Oh boy, I get it. Sometimes at this time of night, the medication really starts to take over. :rofl:

I see what you mean and what I'm learning is: keep my veg cabinet stocked with multiple strains at multiple stages and pull out what's needed at any given time. I've had some girls that have been begging for 2 and a half months that I keep clipping clones off of and I have others that don't veg for more than 6 weeks then their out of there and in the flower room.

I'm pickin up what you're dropping down now Oiler and yes it helps to keep all the girls regulated and about the same size then they head off together as pairs.

I'm still learning lots about my own operation that I've still got much to do before it's a smooth one.

:thumb:

Oh boy, I get it. Sometimes at this time of night, the medication really starts to take over. :rofl:

I see what you mean and what I'm learning is: keep my veg cabinet stocked with multiple strains at multiple stages and pull out what's needed at any given time. I've had some girls that have been begging for 2 and a half months that I keep clipping clones off of and I have others that don't veg for more than 6 weeks then their out of there and in the flower room.

I'm pickin up what you're dropping down now Oiler and yes it helps to keep all the girls regulated and about the same size then they head off together as pairs.

I'm still learning lots about my own operation that I've still got much to do before it's a smooth one.

I understand this too. :)
I do have a question on the big topping you will do to the tall one. If you top it that much, does that affect having any main big colas on the root stock plant as it continues into flower? Or will all the buds generally be the same size? (other than popcorn-ish stuff)
I ask this because the Blue Blood that I'm going to top will be the two main tops from the original topping. I'll have a pic tomorrow, but they are going to be tough to deal with and keep that plant with an even canopy of any kind.

I have indicas that will finish as quickly at 45-50 days in flower and I have sativas that can take as long as 70-80 days per the breeder so I figure add a week to each of those... I do understand what you are saying I think... If I start with a indica and a sativa and top the indica.... it will slow it down for a bit so they will end up both taking about the same time if I don't top the sativa... Is that correct..:confused:....:circle-of-love:

Ding....Ding....Ding.....Yes, I'm not good at explaining myself, thank you Dennise:love::love::cheer::love::love:

Thanks for hanging in there Pigeon :drool::cco::drool: sloppy tack....and that's my story & I'm sticking to it:high-five:

I understand this too. :)
I do have a question on the big topping you will do to the tall one. If you top it that much, does that affect having any main big colas on the root stock plant as it continues into flower? Or will all the buds generally be the same size? (other than popcorn-ish stuff)
I ask this because the Blue Blood that I'm going to top will be the two main tops from the original topping. I'll have a pic tomorrow, but they are going to be tough to deal with and keep that plant with an even canopy of any kind.

Your Blue Blood is a very special plant, are you sure you want to cut her in half? :thedoubletake::love:

:rofl:

You got it! There won't be just one cola there will be a few roughly the same size. :slide:

This was close to what I did with my Carnival, wasn't it Pigeons? I topped her at about 12" or so, bent branches and tucked for a few days and had a sweet flat canopy of 12 good, solid, dense colas and no popcorn to speak of. (I gave her a bikini wax before she got flipped and I maintained it like that to the end.). Given more time she would have yielded more, but at better than 2 ounces for my first photoflowering plant, I thought I did rather well.

This is exactly what I have in mind.

Everytime I speak of the technique I remember what you told me about Greytail's method.(is it an "e" or an "a") Anywho.

The plants turn out wonderful and it's a great way to maximize space amongst other things

"He ain't old....he's my brother......."

{{sing it now.....}}

:rofl:

{{Sing along with me}}.............She ain't heavy.....she's my..............Sista..............:thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::rofl::rofl::rofl::smokin::love::love:

This is exactly what I have in mind.

Everytime I speak of the technique I remember what you told me about Greytail's method.(is it an "e" or an "a") Anywho.

The plants turn out wonderful and it's a great way to maximize space amongst other things

Its with an "a". Don't feel bad. He once accepted my apology of the same oversight with grace and kindness and explained it's a common mistake he's grown used to. Not that we should persist, and I'll expect you to avoid making that mistake ever again. LOL!

It's my favorite method with photo girls. The canopy is so controllable. You've seen the inside of his grow spaces haven't you? Inspirational. He drives me do better. What a great mentor and an even better friend. :circle-of-love:

Hey Pigeon, if you top much sooner and more often, you'll end up with way more tops and twice the weight than topping that plant after it's gotten that tall (wasted growth unless you root as clone).

Untoped, our fav plant looks like an equilateral triangle with the pointy end up (typical Christmas tree shape).

Toped early and often, our babies turn out looking like that equilateral triangle with the pointy end down.

Pick off all the popcorn buds early and you have a sea-of-green with all colas equidistance from the light and equally FAT.

Also be sure to pick off all the buds that grow against the stocks below the colas (more popcorn) to help avoid mold and let more light and air through the plant (I fight mold constantly...and win!).

And air from the fan can, and should, hit the plants, but oscillating, not constant, and best if from different directions (more than one oscillating fan). This will grow stronger stems and help avoid broken branches near harvest when the buds are FAT.

If you already know all this stuff......sorry, sloppy tacking, big bad bong, and volcano vap vamp......yep, that's the story I'm sticking with!!!

I really enjoyed your vid, buddy. Thank you very much!

Pigeons420:passitleft:JohnnyOilseed

What I'm thinking is: Indica 9 weeks
Sativa 12 weeks
Indica "Big time topped" now 12 weeks, same as a Sativa. All times relative.

Thoughts, anybody?

No. Radical topping (cutting the main stock in half) will NOT extend the time to flip and then harvest much at all but will result in a smaller plant and less bud weight. Small pinches (toppings) waste less growth, spur quicker branching, with far more resultant tops.

No. Radical topping (cutting the main stock in half) will NOT extend the time to flip and then harvest much at all but will result in a smaller plant and less bud weight. Small pinches (toppings) waste less growth, spur quicker branching, with far more resultant tops.

This is what I normally do to keep an even canopy, the small toppings along with LST. However, this particular plant (Not an Auto) is a bit strange. I may have done something a bit wrong from the get go...dunno LOL

I'll have a pic in a bit, the time change makes me wait longer to get into the grow rooms.

Hi Johnny! :)

Supergroomer, how is yours doing?

:circle-of-love:

Okay, here's what I got:

Blue_Blood_5.jpg

Blue_Blood_4.jpg

As you can see, she didn't follow my suggestions of keeping a low top like the rest of the proper canopy girls. :laugh:

So, I want two clones off her anyway...is it going to hurt much to take those two stretchy tops?

I think I see. You mean with a photo, how much longer will you have to wait for it to catch BACK to it's pre-rad topping size to flip. Or?

How much longer for it to reach the size it would have reached at flip had you not topped it? Well, it'll grow bigger than if you hadn't topped but take x longer. X depends on light, food, water, love, music, co2, humidity, temp, bugs, mold, love, you.

Never mind, I don't know.

Say goodnight John.

Goodnight all.

Okay, here's what I got:

Blue_Blood_5.jpg

Blue_Blood_4.jpg

As you can see, she didn't follow my suggestions of keeping a low top like the rest of the proper canopy girls. :laugh:

So, I want two clones off her anyway...is it going to hurt much to take those two stretchy tops?

Nope. But clones from the top don't have as much growth hormone as clones taken from low on the plant. Probably not enough to matter much.

I laterally laughed out loud with "say good night John" "Good night everyone" :rofl:

I'm in a rush out the door getting my garden in order this morning so I'd like to answer back John. Probably around noon.

:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom