420's Soil Ppm Charlie Grow Journal, 9/2021

Here are some pictures of the flowering tent from today. It is Day-21 of the flowering cycle and 3-days since the second full leaf denuding event. As you see, the leaf foliage is returning vigorously. Bud growth is robust.

4.png

Flowering - Day-21. Three days since full leaf denuding. Northern Lights and Fruity Pebbles.

2.png

Northern Lights.

3.png

Northern Lights.

5.png

Northern Lights.

6.png

Northern Lights.

8.png

Fruity Pebbles.

9.png

Fruity Pebbles.

9.9.png

Fruity Pebbles.

12.png

Northern Lights.

Thanks for coming by. Smoke a Fatty, ppm Charlie.

@Krissi1982 , @Bill284 , @Paul Squiggle , @West Hippie , @oldmanjj , @420 Ceasar , @Nev
It's going to be one heck of a harvest.
Hope you have help to trim when the time comes. :rofl:
Looking good my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Here are some pictures of the flowering tent from today. It is Day-21 of the flowering cycle and 3-days since the second full leaf denuding event. As you see, the leaf foliage is returning vigorously. Bud growth is robust.

4.png

Flowering - Day-21. Three days since full leaf denuding. Northern Lights and Fruity Pebbles.

2.png

Northern Lights.

3.png

Northern Lights.

5.png

Northern Lights.

6.png

Northern Lights.

8.png

Fruity Pebbles.

9.png

Fruity Pebbles.

9.9.png

Fruity Pebbles.

12.png

Northern Lights.

@Krissi1982 , @Bill284 , @Paul Squiggle , @West Hippie , @oldmanjj , @420 Ceasar , @Nev
Omg those are going to be some amazing colas!

But yes trim jail is going to suck hard! Lol

4.png

2.png

Northern Lights.

3.png

Northern Lights.

5.png

Northern Lights.

6.png

Northern Lights.

8.png

Fruity Pebbles.

9.png

Fruity Pebbles.

9.9.png

Fruity Pebbles.

12.png

Northern Lights.

Hello Charlie.
Happy Birthday my friend. :happy-birthday:
Hope you have a great day.

Stay safe
Bill

It's going to be one heck of a harvest.
Hope you have help to trim when the time comes. :rofl:
Looking good my friend.

Stay safe
Bill
No, it will just be me in "trim Jail". As you well know, "the trim" is when the "real" work begins. I am trying to teach the dogs the "art of the trim" but they are heavy-handed and complain that working for liver snaps is not a "living wage". LOL!

IMG-1463.jpg

@Bill284 , @Chrisx510

Just an update from this evening. Pics for your enjoyment from the flowering tent.
12.png

Fruity Pebbles (front) & Northern Lights (rear) Day-23 of flower.
Five days after leaf denuding showing vigorous bud & leaf growth.

4.png

Northern Lights.

5.png

Northern Lights.

7.png

Northern Lights.

8.png

Northern Lights.

9.png

Fruity Pebbles.

11.png

Fruity Pebbles.

Thanks for coming by. Pics from the veg and clone/seedling tent follow.

Here's the evening update from the veg and seedling/clone tent. The Fruity Pebbles & Northern Lights clones shown below need a little work. I am trying to bring them along slow but sure. They are a bit yellow.

Veg tent looks 420 below look hardy and include Candy Kush and Fruity Pebbles/OG and Northern Lights/skunk crosses.- I will be transferring the six Candy Kush to the flowering tent this weekend.

2.png

Newly assembled Seedling/clone tent.
Two newly installed @Maxsisun MF1000 dimmable & remote controlled LEDs.

3.png

Newly assembled Seedling/clone tent.
Two newly installed @Maxsisun MF1000 dimmable & remote controlled LEDs.

13.png

Veg tent Candy Kush 420, et.al. I am using @GeoFlora Nutrients on this veg crop. Very Healthy 420.

14.png

Veg tent Candy Kush 420, et.al. I am using @GeoFlora Nutrients on this veg crop. Very Healthy 420.

That's all folks...thanks for coming by! ppm Charlie

Just an update from this evening. Pics for your enjoyment from the flowering tent.
12.png

Fruity Pebbles (front) & Northern Lights (rear) Day-23 of flower.
Five days after leaf denuding showing vigorous bud & leaf growth.

4.png

Northern Lights.

5.png

Northern Lights.

7.png

Northern Lights.

8.png

Northern Lights.

9.png

Fruity Pebbles.

11.png

Fruity Pebbles.

Thanks for coming by. Pics from the veg and clone/seedling tent follow.
Thank you very much @Emilya . It means a lot to me to have your kind approval. I took your advice and lowered the pH of the water/nute feedings to counteract higher then normal pH in the growing media. It has really made a satisfying and positive difference. I also reviewed your discussion forum thread on watering technique and have incorporated those lessons into my approach. Thank you very much for your experienced and thoughtful help. I am a still novice but continue to grow each day when surrounded by all the talent here at the 420 website!

Charlie!!!!

They look so flipping great! All 170 of them!!! And I am so sorry I missed your birthday!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :happy-birthday:

I hope you had a fantastic day my friend!!!

Charlie!!!!

They look so flipping great! All 170 of them!!! And I am so sorry I missed your birthday!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :happy-birthday:

I hope you had a fantastic day my friend!!!
No probs, at my ripe old age it is just a number on the calendar. Ate a good steak and potato dinner for my b-day. I got to spend the day the way I chose. Communed with nature a bit and worked on the indoor garden. I received all sorts of nice b-day greetings here at the website and beyond. What else can a guy ask for? The simple pleasures are always the best. Good friends, family and good cheer! Thank you very much, you are very thoughtful @Krissi1982 .

No probs, at my ripe old age it is just a number on the calendar. Ate a good steak and potato dinner for my b-day. I got to spend the day the way I chose. Communed with nature a bit and worked on the indoor garden. I received all sorts of nice b-day greetings here at the website and beyond. What else can a guy ask for? The simple pleasures are always the best. Good friends, family and good cheer! Thank you very much, you are very thoughtful @Krissi1982 .
May just be a number but it's a number on a calendar that gave us you!! Sounds like a perfect day! Happy to hear it C, you are most welcome!! :green_heart:

@ppm Charlie happy belated birthday pal hopefully it was filled with joy and some great 420. The happening in the tents are amazing the denuded girls bounced back quite nicely I see and your seedling/clone girls look fabulous as well keep it up you'll be a master grower in no time with your tenacious nature :happy-birthday::bravo::yahoo:

@ppm Charlie happy belated birthday pal hopefully it was filled with joy and some great 420. The happening in the tents are amazing the denuded girls bounced back quite nicely I see and your seedling/clone girls look fabulous as well keep it up you'll be a master grower in no time with your tenacious nature :happy-birthday::bravo::yahoo:
Thank you kindly, @420 Ceasar , my b-day was a nice time. And thank for for visiting here. I need to put more work into the clones, the flower and veg tents have kept me hopping recently. I do not know if I will be a "Master grower" any time soon, but with help from you and all those other great grow-heads at the 420 website, I can possibly make good progress toward that goal.

Thank you kindly, @420 Ceasar , my b-day was a nice time. And thank for for visiting here. I need to put more work into the clones, the flower and veg tents have kept me hopping recently. I do not know if I will be a "Master grower" any time soon, but with help from you and all those other great grow-heads at the 420 website, I can possibly make good progress toward that goal.
I think you are well on your way C!!! Look at these wonderfully healthy girls!

For your visual and viewing pleasure, it's ppm Charlie's weekend update - flowering tent pics.
Day-25 of flowering - Four Fruity Pebbles and Three Northern Lights.
Seven days since leaf defoliation.
2.png

The Fruity Pebbles clan.

4.png

Northern Lights.

5.png

Fruity Pebbles.

6.png

Fruity Pebbles.

7.png

Northern Lights clan (right side three 420).

8.png

Fruity Pebbles.

3.png

Fruity Pebbles.

Thanks for dropping in - weekend greetings to all. ppm Charlie

News from the Flower Tent

Three Northern Lights - 5-gal fabric pots,
Four Fruity Pebbles – 10-gal fabric pots
Day-32 of Flower Cycle - Mid-Bloom
14-days since Second Leaf Denuding

It has been 7-days since my last update. Here are the vital statistics for the flowering tent at Day-32 of the flowering cycle. The following stats are for the past couple weeks.

- Tent Temps: 81 to 85 deg F
- RH: 32% to 50%
- Water/Nute pH: 5.6 to 5.9
- Nutes: General Hydroponics (GH) Flora Pro series, Mid-Bloom Stage, Aggressive Feed
- Nute Supplements: liquid yucca, liquid kelp, liquid silica, instant compost tea, recharge, signal
- Water/Nute Overflow Waste: approximately 20%
- Lights: Four Maxsisun PB2000, 12/12 light cycle

During the last couple weeks, tent temps have been maintained at 81 to 85 deg F.

RH has varied a bit because of wider-spaced intervals of water/nute irrigation. Water/nute irrigation has been decreased from every 3 days to every 4 days (depending on media dryness). Some quart-sized volume approximate pH=6 straight water irrigation of one or two particularly dry Northern Lights in 5-gal pots are noted during this time. RH was fairly steady during the first week-and-a-half since my last reporting. Late last week, however, RH fell to a low of 32% to 35 % in the late afternoon of the 420-daylight cycle.

There seems to be a 3% to 5% RH variation from one end of the 4 X 8 X 7.8-foot flowering tent to the other. Also, during times of falling humidity, at day-3-1/2 (since last irrigation), the flowering tent RH was significantly lower (32% to 35%). I believe one 6-liter humidifier is not big enough to adequately maintain optimum humidity level during drying out of the 420 media over the space of the large flowering tent. I have ordered a second 6-liter humidifier to place at the dryer end of the tent. Hopefully, this added humidifier will keep a more precise 40% to 50% RH throughout the tent during times of media dry-out cycles.

Water/nuter pH was lowered to between 5.6 and 5.9 since my last reporting on the advice of @Emilya . This change was undertaken to counteract perceived higher than "normal" media soil pH. All flowering 420 seem to be responding well to the lower water/nute pH regime.

I continue to water/nute with the GH Flora Pro series, mid-bloom stage, aggressive feed. Some additional supplements have been added, as indicated above. Overflow-to-waste water/nute has been approximately 20%. Four Maxsisun PB2000 led's power the flowering tent and are arranged in height from 12 to 16-inches above the canopy.

Below are tonight’s pics from the flowering tent for your visual enjoyment, For all you smell-o-vision fans (i.e. @Krissi1982 ), it smells sooooo lovely, sweet and skunky. All those sticky fragrant perfumee buds make my mouth water! Yours too?

2.png

Northern Lights.

3.png

Northern Lights.

4.png

Northern Lights.

5.png

Northern Lights.

6.png

Fruity Pebbles.

7.png

Fruity Pebbles.

8.png

Fruity Pebbles.

11.png

420 Flowering Tent - Fruity Pebbles (foreground), Northern Lights (background).

9.png

Flowering Tent 420 - Fruity Pebbles (foreground), Northern Lights (background).

10.png

Flowering Tent 420.

Thanks for coming by - smoke a fatty. ppm Charlie.

@Krissi1982 , @West Hippie , @420 Ceasar , @Paul Squiggle , @Nine Toed Hippie , @Bill284 , @InTheShed , @Maxsisun

News from the Flower Tent

Three Northern Lights - 5-gal fabric pots,
Four Fruity Pebbles – 10-gal fabric pots
Day-32 of Flower Cycle - Mid-Bloom
14-days since Second Leaf Denuding

It has been 7-days since my last update. Here are the vital statistics for the flowering tent at Day-32 of the flowering cycle. The following stats are for the past couple weeks.

- Tent Temps: 81 to 85 deg F
- RH: 32% to 50%
- Water/Nute pH: 5.6 to 5.9
- Nutes: General Hydroponics (GH) Flora Pro series, Mid-Bloom Stage, Aggressive Feed
- Nute Supplements: liquid yucca, liquid kelp, liquid silica, instant compost tea, recharge, signal
- Water/Nute Overflow Waste: approximately 20%
- Lights: Four Maxsisun PB2000, 12/12 light cycle

During the last couple weeks, tent temps have been maintained at 81 to 85 deg F.

RH has varied a bit because of wider-spaced intervals of water/nute irrigation. Water/nute irrigation has been decreased from every 3 days to every 4 days (depending on media dryness). Some quart-sized volume approximate pH=6 straight water irrigation of one or two particularly dry Northern Lights in 5-gal pots are noted during this time. RH was fairly steady during the first week-and-a-half since my last reporting. Late last week, however, RH fell to a low of 32% to 35 % in the late afternoon of the 420-daylight cycle.

There seems to be a 3% to 5% RH variation from one end of the 4 X 8 X 7.8-foot flowering tent to the other. Also, during times of falling humidity, at day-3-1/2 (since last irrigation), the flowering tent RH was significantly lower (32% to 35%). I believe one 6-liter humidifier is not big enough to adequately maintain optimum humidity level during drying out of the 420 media over the space of the large flowering tent. I have ordered a second 6-liter humidifier to place at the dryer end of the tent. Hopefully, this added humidifier will keep a more precise 40% to 50% RH throughout the tent during times of media dry-out cycles.

Water/nuter pH was lowered to between 5.6 and 5.9 since my last reporting on the advice of @Emilya . This change was undertaken to counteract perceived higher than "normal" media soil pH. All flowering 420 seem to be responding well to the lower water/nute pH regime.

I continue to water/nute with the GH Flora Pro series, mid-bloom stage, aggressive feed. Some additional supplements have been added, as indicated above. Overflow-to-waste water/nute has been approximately 20%. Four Maxsisun PB2000 led's power the flowering tent and are arranged in height from 12 to 16-inches above the canopy.

Below are tonight’s pics from the flowering tent for your visual enjoyment, For all you smell-o-vision fans (i.e. @Krissi1982 ), it smells sooooo lovely, sweet and skunky. All those sticky fragrant perfumee buds make my mouth water! Yours too?

2.png

Northern Lights.

3.png

Northern Lights.

4.png

Northern Lights.

5.png

Northern Lights.

6.png

Fruity Pebbles.

7.png

Fruity Pebbles.

8.png

Fruity Pebbles.

11.png

420 Flowering Tent - Fruity Pebbles (foreground), Northern Lights (background).

9.png

Flowering Tent 420 - Fruity Pebbles (foreground), Northern Lights (background).

10.png

Flowering Tent 420.

Thanks for coming by - smoke a fatty. ppm Charlie.

@Krissi1982 , @West Hippie , @420 Ceasar , @Paul Squiggle , @Nine Toed Hippie , @Bill284 , @InTheShed , @Maxsisun
Oh Charlie they look like denuding queens...just basking away...as for the smell, I love the tantalizing fruity smells but man oh man do I love the smell of some good bud cooking up in the tent. Even G smells so good to me-in fact, I was imagining what your NL must smell like. That is a wintery bud of choice for me, I love that earth funk it gives off. I can wait to see full flower on Fruity Pebbles though...you know I love my eye candy, too. These girls, included of course

Oh Charlie they look like denuding queens...just basking away...as for the smell, I love the tantalizing fruity smells but man oh man do I love the smell of some good bud cooking up in the tent. Even G smells so good to me-in fact, I was imagining what your NL must smell like. That is a wintery bud of choice for me, I love that earth funk it gives off. I can wait to see full flower on Fruity Pebbles though...you know I love my eye candy, too. These girls, included of course
The Northern Lights are a delight in skunkiness and earthiness. However, I am most impressed by the Fruity Pebbles. Sweet, fragrant and skunky with a sticky perfume that is to die for. I was working in the tent and brushed a Fruity Pebbles with my arm - I smelled it, and smelled it and smell it- over-and-over- again. So sweet, tangy and delicious. I suggest you try a Fruity Pebbles grow - it is delightful. A sativa-side phenotype - MARVELOUS!

The Northern Lights are a delight in skunkiness and earthiness.
Absolutely!!!
However, I am most impressed by the Fruity Pebbles. Sweet, fragrant and skunky with a sticky perfume that is to die for. I was working in the tent and brushed a Fruity Pebbles with my arm - I smelled it, and smelled it and smell it- over-and-over- again. So sweet, tangy and delicious. I suggest you try a Fruity Pebbles grow - it is delightful. A sativa-side phenotype - MARVELOUS!
Oh man Charlie! That sounds unbelievable! I thought of you today at Walmart when I almost picked up a Fruity Pebbles cake mix to make with my son (ended up with Cosmic cupcakes instead but....)!! I could go back and look, but who are her parents??

Back
Top Bottom