5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

Well that Booster shot has been nothing nice. Was sick as all hell for 3 days. Sick feeling went away; but the night sweats are still in full force. Not sure why this is hitting me this way. I wont take another one. That's it for me.
On the bright side being sick has helped me quit smoking weed. I think I've only smoked 1 joint per day since I got sick & didn't really enjoy it. It's my chance to break the habit & quit smoking. I'm taking it ! Time to get the brain working again, as I smoke so much it makes me stupid.
So it looks like this is my final grow & I'm done with it. Selling off all my equipment after harvest (if something doesn't change my mind).
I did take pics last night & I'll try to post them after work today. Have to get all 4 new tires mounted & balanced & an oil change done on my Mustang first though.... so hope there's enough time.

Well that Booster shot has been nothing nice. Was sick as all hell for 3 days. Sick feeling went away; but the night sweats are still in full force. Not sure why this is hitting me this way. I wont take another one. That's it for me.
On the bright side being sick has helped me quit smoking weed. I think I've only smoked 1 joint per day since I got sick & didn't really enjoy it. It's my chance to break the habit & quit smoking. I'm taking it ! Time to get the brain working again, as I smoke so much it makes me stupid.
So it looks like this is my final grow & I'm done with it. Selling off all my equipment after harvest (if something doesn't change my mind).
I did take pics last night & I'll try to post them after work today. Have to get all 4 new tires mounted & balanced & an oil change done on my Mustang first though.... so hope there's enough time.
Tell me your not packing it in completely? :(
Stay safe.
Bill

I'm seriously ready to give it up. If I'm not smoking I see no since in growing. I'll just end up with a bunch of weed to give away at my cost. I very seldom sell any; as I don't know but 3-4 people who smoke & they are lightweights. I'm pretty much a loner. Don't drink at all so don't go to bars. I hate getting up in the morning to find out I have to mix nutes & feed the plants in a big hurry so I wont be late for work. It probably runs close to $1000 per grow when you count the high electric bill. Average monthly bill is $400 / Which I believe is 60% grow cost. Add in Nutes, Soil, seeds, etc... & it's $1000 per grow. So many things I could put that money to better use for, I'm finding it hard to justify growing any more. If by some chance I do keep growing it will be in a small 2x4 tent & just 2 plants so the cost wont be so high.
You see, I really only grow for personal use & to get nominated into the contests & I'm unable to grow a winner apparently. Kind of takes the fun out of it for me after 4 years of trying. Besides, I feel the contests are sort of rigged in a way. Not by staff or intentionally. But anyone who is really popular on this site & enters a contest will win whether their plant is the best or not. They have the followers so they get the vote. So when someone popular with 12 titles next to their name enters I ignore their entry & only chose between the others. I mean how many prizes do they actually need to win. Give someone else a chance. You should only be able to win any contest once per year so others get a chance too. Being able to enter every 3 months = means you can enter a plant every grow. They need tiers of grow levels for their contests. Put the Master Growers against each other (those that have won 5 contests or more) & leave the rest for the average growers. I'd love to see a contest where In The Shed, Emilya, Mr. Sauga, Virgin Ground, Sunny Skies, & the other great growers face off against each other. That would be a fair contest. Most of us don't stand a chance against them (even if we do grow a better plant).
But that's only part of my reason for wanting to quit growing. I think about the job I just landed & do not want to lose.
A dirty UA & that could happen. I don't know if they do randoms or not; but don't want to chance it. I found a job paying $24 per hour which is damned good for AZ. They pay 100% of my medical insurance. 100% company match on the first 3% & 50% match for anything between 4% - 7% on their 401K. It also pays every week instead of Bi-Weekly. I only have to run 3 machines, where at most companies it's double that.
So my priorities have changed. Not smoking for the past week has cleared my head enough to see all this & it's been a rude awakening.
So my answer is still yes, I plan to quit growing once I harvest. OG-1 goes in the trash today. It was the 1 dispensary seed I grew & it's a male. The other 3 & the Re-Veg are females. Still trying to get pics posted; but been really busy since I work Fri, Sat., & Sun. at another job plus the other things I need to do. I figure if I spend more time working & less time growing I can have the Harley I want in the next 6 months & then start saving for a Ford Raptor.
That's my new goal. So I may just pack the grow stuff up & store it for a while. Maybe go back to it at a later date when I have the things I want. I only have 4.5 years till I retire & need to get what I want before that time comes because I'll be living on a budget when it does come.
Wow, how much better my mind works when I'm not smoking. Time to get ready for work. Sorry for the rant. Just stating my reasons for giving the grow game.... for a while at least. I'm guessing at least a year. Maybe for good. Just don't know yet.

I'm seriously ready to give it up. If I'm not smoking I see no since in growing. I'll just end up with a bunch of weed to give away at my cost. I very seldom sell any; as I don't know but 3-4 people who smoke & they are lightweights. I'm pretty much a loner. Don't drink at all so don't go to bars. I hate getting up in the morning to find out I have to mix nutes & feed the plants in a big hurry so I wont be late for work. It probably runs close to $1000 per grow when you count the high electric bill. Average monthly bill is $400 / Which I believe is 60% grow cost. Add in Nutes, Soil, seeds, etc... & it's $1000 per grow. So many things I could put that money to better use for, I'm finding it hard to justify growing any more. If by some chance I do keep growing it will be in a small 2x4 tent & just 2 plants so the cost wont be so high.
You see, I really only grow for personal use & to get nominated into the contests & I'm unable to grow a winner apparently. Kind of takes the fun out of it for me after 4 years of trying. Besides, I feel the contests are sort of rigged in a way. Not by staff or intentionally. But anyone who is really popular on this site & enters a contest will win whether their plant is the best or not. They have the followers so they get the vote. So when someone popular with 12 titles next to their name enters I ignore their entry & only chose between the others. I mean how many prizes do they actually need to win. Give someone else a chance. You should only be able to win any contest once per year so others get a chance too. Being able to enter every 3 months = means you can enter a plant every grow. They need tiers of grow levels for their contests. Put the Master Growers against each other (those that have won 5 contests or more) & leave the rest for the average growers. I'd love to see a contest where In The Shed, Emilya, Mr. Sauga, Virgin Ground, Sunny Skies, & the other great growers face off against each other. That would be a fair contest. Most of us don't stand a chance against them (even if we do grow a better plant).
But that's only part of my reason for wanting to quit growing. I think about the job I just landed & do not want to lose.
A dirty UA & that could happen. I don't know if they do randoms or not; but don't want to chance it. I found a job paying $24 per hour which is damned good for AZ. They pay 100% of my medical insurance. 100% company match on the first 3% & 50% match for anything between 4% - 7% on their 401K. It also pays every week instead of Bi-Weekly. I only have to run 3 machines, where at most companies it's double that.
So my priorities have changed. Not smoking for the past week has cleared my head enough to see all this & it's been a rude awakening.
So my answer is still yes, I plan to quit growing once I harvest. OG-1 goes in the trash today. It was the 1 dispensary seed I grew & it's a male. The other 3 & the Re-Veg are females. Still trying to get pics posted; but been really busy since I work Fri, Sat., & Sun. at another job plus the other things I need to do. I figure if I spend more time working & less time growing I can have the Harley I want in the next 6 months & then start saving for a Ford Raptor.
That's my new goal. So I may just pack the grow stuff up & store it for a while. Maybe go back to it at a later date when I have the things I want. I only have 4.5 years till I retire & need to get what I want before that time comes because I'll be living on a budget when it does come.
Wow, how much better my mind works when I'm not smoking. Time to get ready for work. Sorry for the rant. Just stating my reasons for giving the grow game.... for a while at least. I'm guessing at least a year. Maybe for good. Just don't know yet.
That's heartbreaking to read.
I enjoy talking to you and seeing your beautiful ladies. :green_heart:
Is this what getting dumped feels like.
I fully understand and can appreciate where your coming from.
Opportunities like that don't come every day.
I hope everything works out for the best Amigo ,Toys, money, retirement everything you deserve.
We will always be here when you decide it's right for you.
I'm sure I'll talk to you lots before you go.
Stay safe.
Bill

Mate you grow some amazing plants beasts I wouldn't sell I'd keep back buds for when time rite for you and got more time on your hands you are a damm good grower I'm always looking through your journal don't comment much more of a watcher chase your dreams mate will be here still for when you back

Hey Buds! Sorry to hear that. Smoke/tolerance break aint never bad.
I guess suddenly stopping the smoking could and will cause dejection/depression (if youve smoked for a long).. Everything feels kinda shit and could imagine that the first thing to pop in mind is quit growing, especially if there has been any adversity or it feels burdensome.
Obv I read that you had your reasons, but you grow damn amazing weed and you should be proud of it.

Gl with the mustang anyway :) would like to see pic of it. U just swapping new tires or whole wheel/rims?

Hey Buds! Sorry to hear that. Smoke/tolerance break aint never bad.
I guess suddenly stopping the smoking could and will cause dejection/depression (if youve smoked for a long).. Everything feels kinda shit and could imagine that the first thing to pop in mind is quit growing, especially if there has been any adversity or it feels burdensome.
Obv I read that you had your reasons, but you grow damn amazing weed and you should be proud of it.

Gl with the mustang anyway :) would like to see pic of it. U just swapping new tires or whole wheel/rims?
Just the tires. I just have stock rims from a California Special on it; but I like them. Unfortunately they broke a TPMS sensor when they put the tires on so I have to buy new ones. Of course they'll never admit to it though.
It's a little different now as I added the rear window louvers, SRS Exhaust & a bunch of Chrome Covers on the engine. With the exhaust & CIA it's about 438 H.P.

Thanks you guys for the support & nice comments. I may store the stuff as I will need a hobby when I retire. But I think lighting & stuff will improve over the next 5 years & I'd be behind the times if I used what I have. That's why I'm leaning toward selling instead of storing it. I figure I could use the money from the 401K to buy new equipment after I retire.
Anyway, I will still pop in once in a while on my days off to check things out.

Here are some pics taken on the 21st. It's been 2 weeks since switching to 12/12; but it appears they are still stretching some. They really haven't gotten all that tall. This is the "SKYWALKER OG". Pistils are starting to show.
I've kept the light on 80% & they seem to be handling it just fine this time. I've also increased the Big Data to 6 ml. per gallon on the Prescription Blend Nutrients.
13-563.JPG
13-564.JPG
13-565.JPG
13-566.JPG
13-567.JPG
13-568.JPG

Here's the "OG KUSH". She's still my favorite looking plant; but the SKYWALKER OG looks really nice too.
13-569.JPG
13-570.JPG
13-571.JPG
13-572.JPG

This is the "FIRE OG". Hard to keep this girl fed. She eats up the nutes really fast. I can feed to 20% run off & in about 1.5 days she wants more. The others all last 2-3 days before they start to droop.
13-573.JPG
13-574.JPG
13-575.JPG
13-576.JPG
13-577.JPG
13-578.JPG

Then there's the Basic Stuff such as a pH pen & PPM meter. I'm one of those who always pH's his nutes. They say it's not necessary in soil.... but I do what works for me. I will probably be using my light meter this grow & I occasionally check leaf temps with a Laser Thermometer. After all, it's the leaf temps that really matter & not the room temp. Your room can be 81 F & your leaf temp could still be 77 F. Once my plants get big enough I mix 4 - 5 gallons of nutes at a time so I put this spout in a 5 gallon bucket to make mixing & feeding a little easier. This grow I'm planning to oxygenate my water. Haven't done this before so going to give it a shot.
13-26.JPG
13-23.JPG
13-24.JPG
13-13.JPG
13-25.JPG

If I need to add Humidity to this little germination closet I have a 1 gal. Humidifier for that & some clip on fans. Area is maybe 2' x 3'. Waiting on the light to arrive to finish that up & post pics.
13-21.JPG

I'll be bouncing back & forth between my 2 journals as I have updates to do there too. But all this should be ready to roll on Sunday.
for a 5 gallon bucket - what size bubbler should one use - making brew's ( air stone or bubbler)

Yea ! totaly understand - some time one need to "take-a-break" and again stop all - together (sometimes I juggle with this myself) as one get older it takes more engery to grow and as one ages one's "thinking" changes due to ones' ever changing life issues _________Keep the Faith _________________Peace

Back
Top Bottom