5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

Yea ! totaly understand - some time one need to "take-a-break" and again stop all - together (sometimes I juggle with this myself) as one get older it takes more engery to grow and as one ages one's "thinking" changes due to ones' ever changing life issues _________Keep the Faith _________________Peace
I'm considering just getting a 2x4 tent & 2- Mars Hydro TS1000's to grow 2 plants at a time.... just for a hobby. Then only grow Auto's so I don't have to close the tent up & I wont need AC to cool it. Just a good exhaust. Cost would be much cheaper & it would be less time consuming. Between Electric, Nutes, Soil, etc. I think it runs me about $800 per grow x 3 grows per year = $2400. Might be different if I was a seller & could get some of my money back from it... but I don't sell.
Too scared to ask anyone if they're interested. The judge put in my court records that if I get another felony I was to get hit with the habitual criminal act which is a minimum of 25 years. Been to prison 3 times & have 9 felonies. All for stupid shit like breaking in a Soda Machine & selling a car someone else stole. Cost me 10.5 years already & that's enough for me. Haven't even gotten a speeding ticket since I got out 1 day after Thanksgiving in 1999.

Hey Buds :)

My advice, not that you asked lollllllll

It is normal after loss to become flat in mood, and become disillusioned at life. Sounds to me like you are going through the process of grief. Hang in there. I am sending you sunshine and smiles.

I want you to consider this. Opening your heart and your home to a rescue dog. You might just find you get to rescue each other. That car is way too purdy not to have a ride or die in the passenger seat along side you.

Take a breath. Remember why you grow. If the real reason is because you grow magic, then continue. The only grow contest that matters is your personal growth and healing.

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy eating turkey and cranberry sauce from a can OMG a can? Seriously? What is wrong with you people?! and turning a pumpkin into a pastry dessert which sounds absolutely fucking vile

Hey Buds :)

My advice, not that you asked lollllllll

It is normal after loss to become flat in mood, and become disillusioned at life. Sounds to me like you are going through the process of grief. Hang in there. I am sending you sunshine and smiles.

I want you to consider this. Opening your heart and your home to a rescue dog. You might just find you get to rescue each other. That car is way too purdy not to have a ride or die in the passenger seat along side you.

Take a breath. Remember why you grow. If the real reason is because you grow magic, then continue. The only grow contest that matters is your personal growth and healing.

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy eating turkey and cranberry sauce from a can OMG a can? Seriously? What is wrong with you people?! and turning a pumpkin into a pastry dessert which sounds absolutely fucking vile
If they wouldn't spay & neuter rescue dogs (pure breeds at least) I'd get one. I did get me another Pekingese about a month ago. I got pretty lucky on this one. The people I got him from were losing their home & in bankruptcy due to covid. They paid $3600 for him at a pet store. Both parents are AKC so I have the paperwork to file to get him papered too. I got him for $650. He looks just like the last one that I had to put down.
1.JPG
2.JPG

I named him Weezer / Nickname Wee-Wee. I told my 20 year old son without a girlfriend he should take the dog to the park. Then when some girl said he had a cute dog he could say.... "Wanna pet my W__ - W__".... lol. Kid is so shy he turned red in the face. He gets embarrassed real easy so it's fun to mess with him at times.

Anyway, I'm wondering if any of you do a defol after the 2 week stretch ? I usually do. But I think @InTheShed said he doesn't defol once he starts flower. Not positive he said that; but I think it was him. But I'm at 2 weeks from flip so debating on a defol or just let it go. So what do you do ?

If they wouldn't spay & neuter rescue dogs (pure breeds at least) I'd get one. I did get me another Pekingese about a month ago. I got pretty lucky on this one. The people I got him from were losing their home & in bankruptcy due to covid. They paid $3600 for him at a pet store. Both parents are AKC so I have the paperwork to file to get him papered too. I got him for $650. He looks just like the last one that I had to put down.

I named him Weezer / Nickname Wee-Wee. I told my 20 year old son without a girlfriend he should take the dog to the park. Then when some girl said he had a cute dog he could say.... "Wanna pet my W__ - W__".... lol. Kid is so shy he turned red in the face. He gets embarrassed real easy so it's fun to mess with him at times.
Oh you have a new friend! I’m so glad. And here’s me turning your down post into an Oprah Winfrey episode trying to get you in touch with your grief LOLLLLL

I am a huge supporter of rescue dogs. Both of mine are neutered males. I don’t believe in viewing breeds as “pure” to me they are all just dogs who need loving homes. I support our local animal refuge here, look ‘support’ is prolly an oversell. I donate around $20 of dog food each week.

Weezer is a pretty boy. And tell your son to walk him and the girls will come. I can’t walk past a dog without saying hi.

Here is my Billy. He is between 16-20 years old and he is basically a grumpy old man now. One of my favourite things to do is take RIP pics of him as he sleeps.

CA03D7F1-B911-4AB2-971F-76F6A2D8932D.jpeg
CF076E30-E9D3-4E6D-A987-F41B15E3CBAE.jpeg

Anyway, I'm wondering if any of you do a defol after the 2 week stretch ? I usually do. But I think @InTheShed said he doesn't defol once he starts flower. Not positive he said that; but I think it was him. But I'm at 2 weeks from flip so debating on a defol or just let it go. So what do you do ?
I defol.

I’m not sure exactly when. My advisers usually tell me.

I like to see their legs. I think it’s usually 1/3. Look I made that up, I’m not sure how much I take. But I do know I take popcorn and any smaller branches.

Oh and I defs defol after I flip. Maybe 3 weeks, look again I made that up. But I do know it’s under 4 weeks.

Oh you have a new friend! I’m so glad. And here’s me turning your down post into an Oprah Winfrey episode trying to get you in touch with your grief LOLLLLL

I am a huge supporter of rescue dogs. Both of mine are neutered males. I don’t believe in viewing breeds as “pure” to me they are all just dogs who need loving homes. I support our local animal refuge here, look ‘support’ is prolly an oversell. I donate around $20 of dog food each week.

Weezer is a pretty boy. And tell your son to walk him and the girls will come. I can’t walk past a dog without saying hi.

Here is my Billy. He is between 16-20 years old and he is basically a grumpy old man now. One of my favourite things to do is take RIP pics of him as he sleeps.

CA03D7F1-B911-4AB2-971F-76F6A2D8932D.jpeg
CF076E30-E9D3-4E6D-A987-F41B15E3CBAE.jpeg
I have had 2 rescue dogs in the past. They were Cocker Spaniels. Both were great dogs. Just wish they could have pups. Around where I live a Pekingese pup sells for $850 - $1500 without papers. With papers around $2500 unless you go to a pet store. Then it's $3000 +. So I'm looking for a couple of Females now so I can afford to buy a motorcycle.... CASH.

I defol.

I’m not sure exactly when. My advisers usually tell me.

I like to see their legs. I think it’s usually 1/3. Look I made that up, I’m not sure how much I take. But I do know I take popcorn and any smaller branches.

Oh and I defs defol after I flip. Maybe 3 weeks, look again I made that up. But I do know it’s under 4 weeks.
I think I'll defol the 2 real bushy ones today & let the other 2 grow & see what the difference is. Probably the best way to decide which way is better.
By the way, you are one of my favorite people on this site. Why? Because you speak freely & say what you feel no matter what. Thanks for just being you !

I think I'll defol the 2 real bushy ones today & let the other 2 grow & see what the difference is. Probably the best way to decide which way is better.
By the way, you are one of my favorite people on this site. Why? Because you speak freely & say what you feel no matter what. Thanks for just being you !
You spoke too soon.

I hate the thought of you making money from your dogs puppies. Lollllllingggg

I hate the thought of breeding dogs for money. There are too many dogs in rescue centres needing homes. I hate puppy farms with a passion.
You rarely see a Pekingese in a shelter. Hard to even find one on the internet locally. These are really popular dogs with older people because they are easy to train. These are the dogs you see jumping through hoops of fire at the circus. They learn tricks easy. I had one that always seen me wipe my feet when we came in for a walk. He started doing it too.... lol.

You rarely see a Pekingese in a shelter. Hard to even find one on the internet locally. These are really popular dogs with older people because they are easy to train. These are the dogs you see jumping through hoops of fire at the circus. They learn tricks easy. I had one that always seen me wipe my feet when we came in for a walk. He started doing it too.... lol.
Mine is a Maltese cross Shitzu I think. Shitmalts or Multishits, or something like that. Frank the younger one has an extra bit of something something coz his tail is almost as long as his body! Billy has the more typical pigs curl tail.

We got Billy when he was 4-8 years old. He was used for the sole purpose of a breeding male. He was malnourished and obviously abused. These dogs can be sold for $1000 here. Usual breeding practice sire owner gets first pick of the litter. He was untrainable really. We did teach him to trust and allow and receive love. Frank on the other hand was a pup. He will sit, stay and heel using sign. He also walks off the lead and stays at your ankle. They are both characters and my sunshine on a cloudy day.

I am dropping them off at the Doggie Motel for a week today. I will defs cry all the way to the airport lollll

Not sure if you tagged me because you wanted my opinion or not (or if only my opinion is welcome but not my once in 3-years POTM entry), but I take branches and weak buds after stretch (flip + 21 days). I do not take the fans adjoining those branches or buds. I leave as many fans in flower as I possibly can.
Please don't take things the wrong way. I have nothing against you entering contests at all. I just think they should have different levels of contests. Like anyone on this site with under 5 years exp. should be in level 1 contests & 5-10 years level 2 contests, etc. & at the end of the year in Dec. all the winners compete against each other. Or maybe once they've won a contest they move to level 2 & can only compete against level 2 growers. It would kind of open things up for some less experienced growers to win some prizes too. Kind of like the playoffs so to speak. A person with 1 year experience should not have to compete against someone with 10 years experience. Some of you guys are just too good to compete with. You, Professor Flora, Backlip Slide to name a few all grow beautiful plants that the majority of us can't compete with. It sucks for us ! I know you've put in the time & deserve to win contests too. But it would be nice to have a contest for amateur's & one for the pro's like yourself.
I know I'm not the greatest at saying what I mean & people take the things I say the wrong way because of it. Been that way all my life. Maybe I'm just an A-Hole... I don't know. I don't mean to be though. I'm really sorry if I offended you because I didn't mean to.

I haven't entered a POTM since 2018 because most of my plants look like crap at the end! I happened to have a good looking plant last month with nice back lighting in the sun.

I've only been growing for four and a half years and you've probably grown more plants than I have so I'm not sure how you define "experience." I have only won two contests related to actually growing. And I know it's not a popularity contest because I have no idea who a lot of the members who voted for me are.

I don't grow or journal to win contests or complain when I don't. I'm here to help folks out and journal my own grow. If I win a contest that's great, and I have gifted most of the prizes I've won to folks who need them.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom