5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

Hey All, I've got some pics to post from 3 days ago. Been so busy at work & going to the doctors I just haven't had the time to post. I'm off work today so I'll be doing some work on the plants & taking fresh pics to post later. But for now... Just some pics of the girls since they were topped.
Here's a couple group shots.
13-265.JPG
13-266.JPG

And here's a single shot of each of the 4 OG's. That Super Silver Haze OG I stuck out on the porch. Still alive. Only 1" tall though... lol.
13-267.JPG
13-268.JPG
13-269.JPG
13-270.JPG

And here goes the Re-Veg Cherry on Top. I think I need to decide which branches I want to let grow & remove the rest. She's getting kind of bushy.
13-271.JPG
13-272.JPG

And last of all we have the 4 Tops from the OG's being Cloned. Should start seeing nubs or roots by the weekend.
13-273.JPG

Back later with a fresh update.

Well I'm ready for an up to date "Update". Pics taken less than an hour ago.... so this is how these girls look.
So I did some trimming & topping to all 4 of the OG's. Here's what I did. First of all the 4 main branches all have to have 3 nodes to do this. So, I strip off the nodes closet to the main stalk on all 4 branches. Then on the 2nd node (middle node) I cut off the node that grows outward. I leave the one that grows toward the center of the plant. It will grow upwards once LST'd. The one that grows outwards ends up with the leaves in the soil during LST. That's my main reason to get rid of it now. After that, I top the plant on all 4 branches. Now I should get 8 main branches that I will strip during flower to produce all large colas. That's my process of topping & starting LST.
Here's some before the Top & Trim of the "FIRE OG". Also a pic of the tops & nodes / leaves I trimmed off.
13-274.JPG
13-275.JPG
13-276.JPG
13-277.JPG

A couple pics after the trim job.
13-278.JPG
13-279.JPG
13-280.JPG

Now for the "SKYWALKER OG". This is my Tri-Clops plant. So she had 6 branches to Top & Trim. So 12 main branches to work with on this one.
2 B4 pics & 3 After.
13-285.JPG
13-286.JPG
13-287.JPG
13-288.JPG
13-289.JPG

I use Metal BBQ Skewers to do my LST. I can cut them down to whatever length I want with wire cutters. They come 13". At 12 for $1 it's hard to beat & they work great. Only thing I used through my whole last grow. However, that was in 3 gallon pots.

This last pic is of the total trim I removed from all 4 OG's.
13-293.JPG

I'm currently feeding the Week 3 / 4 Veg Nutes Courtesy of : PRESCRITION BLEND NUTRIENTS.
Week 3 / 4 Nutrients consists of:

5 mil. Bio-Si
10 mil. Core A
10 mil. Core B
5 mil. Kelp-Ful
5 mil. Precursor 1

I'm planning to keep them at this level for as long as possible. I'm feeding at about 32 oz. every 3-4 days with the exception of the "FIRE OG". She is drinking like a fish so every 2-3 days for her. The ppm of this nute mix came out to 940 ppm on my cheapo meter. Doubt it's accurate.

Pretty much the same. These just wont get as much LST as Quad lining.
I'm looking to do this again.
6-432.JPG
12-Afghan.JPG
14-Afghan.JPG

Just a little bigger this time since I'll be in 7 gallon. Those were in 5 gal.
Geeeeeez that's some nice plants with massive buds I'm going to try this I think thanks

OK, well that bushy "CHERRY ON TOP" Re-Veg aint so bushy any more ! I did a trim job on her.
Before the Trim.
13-294.JPG
13-295.JPG

The Trim job took a little time & thought. It was so bushy I wasn't sure where to start. I finally decided I should start from the bottom inside & work my way out. So I trimmed off any growth that was growing within an inch or two of the branch it was growing out of. That cleared up how to trim it for sure. I proceeded to cut off all short branches & only left the longer ones. Those branches I LST'd the best I could. Unfortunately, in the process of LST I snapped a branch completely off. I've duct taped it back on... but doubt it will survive. Never had a break that bad before.
Here's some pics of after the Trim & LST.
13-296.JPG
13-297.JPG
13-298.JPG
13-299.JPG
13-300.JPG

Here's what I removed.
13-301.JPG

And here we have our 4 OG Clones. Just barely seeing some nubs now. Probably by the weekend.
13-302.JPG

The "MEDIC GROW FOLD 8" is a very powerful light. I was running it on 80% for a few days & my leaves were taco-ing. I'm 36" away at the Canopy. I turned it back down to 60% & they seem to love that. I'll bet this light does a hell of a job in Flower !

I believe the smallest one was 9.5 oz. & the largest was 11.1 oz. The other was 10. something. @InTheShed was the one who guided me through that process. Many Thanks to him.
I can only dream of yields like that well impressed mate really am

I'm planning to keep them at this level for as long as possible. I'm feeding at about 32 oz. every 3-4 days with the exception of the "FIRE OG". She is drinking like a fish so every 2-3 days for her. The ppm of this nute mix came out to 940 ppm on my cheapo meter. Doubt it's accurate.
940PPM is close to the target for week 3/4 feed, I think your meter is doing alright. The garden is looking great and these certainly have a nice color.

Hey All, I've got some pics to post from 3 days ago. Been so busy at work & going to the doctors I just haven't had the time to post. I'm off work today so I'll be doing some work on the plants & taking fresh pics to post later. But for now... Just some pics of the girls since they were topped.
Here's a couple group shots.
13-265.JPG
13-266.JPG

And here's a single shot of each of the 4 OG's. That Super Silver Haze OG I stuck out on the porch. Still alive. Only 1" tall though... lol.
13-267.JPG
13-268.JPG
13-269.JPG
13-270.JPG

And here goes the Re-Veg Cherry on Top. I think I need to decide which branches I want to let grow & remove the rest. She's getting kind of bushy.
13-271.JPG
13-272.JPG

And last of all we have the 4 Tops from the OG's being Cloned. Should start seeing nubs or roots by the weekend.
13-273.JPG

Back later with a fresh update.
That re-veg looking awesome

That re-veg looking awesome
Too bad I broke the one branch while trying to figure out how to trim her up. It's taped up; but was a really bad break.
Not so sure it will heal itself; but giving it a shot anyway. The leaves on that branch are wilted today. I expected that.
In a week or so things should look better if it heals. If not, I'll remove it & train some branches to fill that area in. All I can really do.

High there Weed-kateers ! Just doing a little report on things. All 4 of the OG's are doing pretty good. 3 out of 4 already have the 2 branches starting to grow out where I topped them the other day. Time to let them grow other than some minor defol here & there & LST of course.
I've completed all my harvesting so only have this journal to tend to after today. Well, in a little over 4 years of growing I haven't found a better way to get a good yield than in the pics I showed above of 3 plants from a previous grow. A SCROG Grow didn't even produce more. I spent close to 6 months on a SCROG & got 10.5 oz. Not very good for a 10 gal. pot SCROG in my book. I can do that in 4 months doing the large cola method; so that is the way I plan to grow from now on.
Still not sure if the broken branch on the Re-Veg will take. Old leaves are wilted; but it almost looks like I might be seeing new growth starting out. A little too soon to be sure. I'll be up-potting her to a 7 gal. this weekend. She's been in that 3 gal. pot for 5 months; so she is probably getting root bound.
The Clones all have tiny white roots just starting to come out. They may get potted this weekend also.
Pretty much all I've got for now. Pics & update by Sunday night. (After the Cardinals Game...lol.)

Well, well, I got today off after all. That gave me some time to get this here update ready. Are YOU Ready ???
So let's star out with a couple of groupie shots so you can see the before & after photo's.
13-303.JPG
13-304.JPG

Today I removed any fan leaf that was pointing inwards toward the center of the plant. My reason for doing this is because I believe those leaves block the light to the bottom growth. Now 1 nice solid branch should grow up from each of the 4 branches to fill in the center. Let's see if it works as I think it will. I also LST'd the branches out a little more.
13-305.JPG
13-306.JPG
13-307.JPG
13-308.JPG

FIRE OG has a mag def. so adding some Cal Mag next feed. Here she is after her trim & LST.
13-309.JPG
13-310.JPG

13-311.JPG
13-312.JPG

More to come....

Back
Top Bottom