5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

So here is the last of the 4 that got a leaf trim & LST.
13-313.JPG
13-314.JPG

So let's move on to our clones.... 3 out of 4 have rooted so those got potted in 1 gal. pots this morning. The "SKYWALKER OG" wasn't ready yet.... but should be in a day or 2. I had numbered my Bubble Cloner 1-6 & wrote down which Clone went in which spot.
13-315.JPG

So here are a few pics of each of the 3 Clones that got potted. This 1st one is the "OG KUSH". Her roots look like a porcupine.
13-316.JPG
13-317.JPG
13-318.JPG
13-319.JPG

Clones in Veg with their Mother's.
13-328.JPG
13-329.JPG
13-330.JPG

And the "CHERRY ON TOP" Re-Veg. So let's start with a couple of shots of her in her 3 gal. pot.
13-331.JPG
13-332.JPG

Here's a clear shot of the break I've been talking about.
13-333.JPG

Too much trouble to roll the bag down so I cut both sides for easy transplant.
13-334.JPG

And here she is in her New 7 Gallon pot. She also got some more LST to fill in the hole & level out the canopy on her.
13-335.JPG
13-336.JPG
13-337.JPG

After seeing how big these 7 gallon bags are I doubt 5 will fit in this tent. I have to either move the Re-Veg out to get the 4 OG's in 7 gallon. Or... Keep the Re-Veg in the tent & only go to 5 gallon bags on the 4 OG's. The Clones will get moved to the 3x3 for Veg once everything gets too crowded in this tent. I'm putting my grow shed back together over the next week & putting my 10 Bar light + my 3x3 tent set up out there. It will all be ready to plug & play if I need it.

Here is the "CHERRY ON TOP" Re-Veg
First pic is of the new growth on the branch that broke off. I also cut off all the old growth.
13-350.JPG
13-351.JPG

Also, trimmed her up some more & did more LST. Almost got her rounded out. I'm cutting off any twig branches I don't want to grow out. Only leaving the thicker branches. I think she'll be ready to Flower in 3 weeks at best. Most likely will move her to another place for Flower. I think she will be a big fat bushy girl by time this is done.
13-352.JPG
13-353.JPG
13-354.JPG

And I'll complete this update with a group shot.
13-355.JPG

Here is the "CHERRY ON TOP" Re-Veg
First pic is of the new growth on the branch that broke off. I also cut off all the old growth.
13-350.JPG
13-351.JPG

Also, trimmed her up some more & did more LST. Almost got her rounded out. I'm cutting off any twig branches I don't want to grow out. Only leaving the thicker branches. I think she'll be ready to Flower in 3 weeks at best. Most likely will move her to another place for Flower. I think she will be a big fat bushy girl by time this is done.
13-352.JPG
13-353.JPG
13-354.JPG

And I'll complete this update with a group shot.
13-355.JPG
Loving that re-veg. I'm interested to see what she produces.

Did not get an answer on the Fire OG plants Mg. def. I tried google but got several different answers on how to use Epsom Salt for a Mg. def. So I just added 1 tablespoon of Epsom Salt to 1 quart of warm water & shook it up in a spray bottle. I Foliar sprayed the Fire OG with it last night. Not sure if I mixed it right; but can't wait forever for answers. Things only get worse waiting. I guess I'll know in a few days if I did good or not.

Anyways, it seems to me people are getting bored with my journals. I don't attract 1/2 as many growers as I used to.... when I needed help constantly.... lol. That's OK though. To be honest I'm getting tired of doing journals & could use a break. This is my 13th journal in a row without stopping. So I will make this my last journal; for a while at least. After this grow I'll have almost a years supply so I think I can take 6 months or so off from growing. I'll still be around checking things out on 420. But I want to do a lot of Bruce Bugby studying as I find his videos really interesting & I just might learn a few things. I also want to figure out this nute calculation stuff @MrSauga does for me so I can do it on my own. What is the NPK value you shoot for Mr. S ? I had a perfect grow with it & would like to keep that ratio in the future.

I have to say this "MEDIC GROW FOLD 8" is the most powerful light I've used. Still only on 60% & plants love it. I'm buying a 4x4 tent for this light once this grow is complete. It's became my favorite light to date & I've owned at least 20 different lights.

The "PRESCRIPTION BLEND NUTRIENTS" are really to soon to access just yet. I pretty much been doing a lot of Topping, Trimming & LST so far & the overwatering at the start didn't help. So to be fair I need to wait a couple weeks to see how things do.
As you know I did get a Mg. def. on the Fire OG. This strain is listed as Hard To Grow. But I have grown it before.
The OG-1 looks a pretty dark green to me but not at the point of N toxic.
The OG KUSH has a decent green color & seems to be looking better every day.
The SKYWALKER OG is absolutely perfect. Hope they all come around to look like her.

I think the hard part for me using these nutes is how to feed since I'll be vegging close to 8 weeks. Can they go 8 weeks in Veg on week 3/4 nutes ? I'm use to nutes increasing little by little over each week. But these nutes have 1 setting & then you add Big Data during Flower. I'm honestly puzzled on how this can work without increasing nutes a little at a time over the weeks. I guess I'll find out soon though. Sure is different than anything I've used in the past.

Yeah, I mixed it to strong. But the leaves already look greener after just one application. I'll be dumping out 3/4 of the bottle & adding water in case I need it again. I did also add 1 ml. of Cal Mag per gal. to the nutes this time. So far it looks like the plant is improving. First time using these nutes. A little trial & error to be expected.

I add epson into my soil when I amend it, about 1/2 cup per 10gal of soil. Then as the plant grows I will add a tea spoon to water reservoir in my wicking pot about once a month. Seems to do the trick.

I'm going to do another update because I have @MrSauga coming to take a look at this plant. Looks like a Mg. def. to me. But I would like his thoughts first.
I can see the damage on the larger fan leaf, but I don't see it as an Mg def. Is it happening on the new growth, or just that large fan leaf?
If anything it looks more like a Ca def. What type of calmag are you using? Have you had a chance to talk with PB or @Virgin Ground ? Before adding calmag, maybe wait to hear from her as she may have a workaround with the products you are using.
What is the NPK value you shoot for Mr. S ?
I don't actually calculate my NPK value. I try and maintain a ration of 10 parts N, 1 or 2 parts P, and 10 parts K.

Anyways, it seems to me people are getting bored with my journals. I don't attract 1/2 as many growers as I used to.... when I needed help constantly.... lol.
I don't think it matters whether you ask for help or not. There are many lurkers that come and go, and the information you provide, or the help you ask for, helps others out as well.
Nothing wrong with taking a break, but don't think it's quiet because you're boring.

Doesn't look like mag def to me either.
I've been using 1 TBL /gal epsom with my Prescription Blend for mag def.
This looks more like P def.
P def can be accompanied by cal def. It's often misdiagnosed because of this.

Yeah, I think a lot of the people I use to talk with are gone now; Only leaving the new newbies. Sure miss PW being around.
I can see the damage on the larger fan leaf, but I don't see it as an Mg def. Is it happening on the new growth, or just that large fan leaf?
If anything it looks more like a Ca def. What type of calmag are you using? Have you had a chance to talk with PB or @Virgin Ground ? Before adding calmag, maybe wait to hear from her as she may have a workaround with the products you are using
I use GH Calimagic 1-0-0. I thought the reddish rust color meant Mg. def. ? It was on the 3 largest fan leaves. 2 of the leaves curled up & started getting crispy. I'm not sure if it could have been due to too much light. The leaves on this plant Taco'd when I put the light on 80%. The other 3 were OK. I had to put the light back to 60%. I was thinking this could be another possibility.

From the pics I found on 420 I think you hit the nail on the head. Sure wish I'd quit mixing up the Red Stems with reddish spots on leaves thinking it's a Mg. def. My memory isn't what it use to be. I can't seem to remember much at all any more. Drives me crazy at times since I use to remember everything.

I didn't think P def would be an issue with the plants at that stage. Is there not much P in the PB line?
Would you increase the amount of feed or change/add to his lineup of nutrients.

Well I don't know what I did but this plant looks pretty good today. I've only fed 32 oz. of nutes + 1 ml. of Cal Mag (mixed at 1 ml. per gal.). I also misted that plant 1 time with 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt per quart. I highly doubt 1 feeding of 32 oz. with Cal Mag fixed the issue. I'll post some pics in a few so you can see the difference. I up-potted her to the 7 gal. this morning when I seen she looked good.

Back
Top Bottom