5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

OK, so let's do an update. Girls are all coming back around nicely. They look alive again.... :) . So far I have fed 2 feedings with just Core A & Core B. The 2nd feeding was when I overwatered. So then it took about a week for them to recover from that; so they didn't get fed. This caused a deficiency & made the leaves on all 4 plants get real pale green.
So after a week of drying out the pots, they perked up & were ready to take on their next feed. So I fed Week 1 Veg Nutes. Within a few days the plants all started to Green Up. Yesterday they got their 2nd feeding of Week 1 nutes. Each plant is being fed about 24 oz. around twice per week. Since I'm planning a longer Veg time on these girls I will be doing 1.5 - 2 weeks at each Veg feeding stage (2 weeks Week 1 Veg, 2 weeks Week 2 Veg, etc.). I'm looking for a minimum of 8 oz. per plant this grow.... so it will take a longer Veg to accomplish it.
This weekend I will be Topping the 4 OG's & Cloning the Tops I cut off. I just can't bring myself to tossing the tops. They will be such nice, big, healthy clones that it would be a waste to toss them.
The "Medic Grow Fold 8" seems to be doing a very nice job so far. I'm considering selling my 10 Bar light & buying a 2nd one. But I'll hold off just a little longer to see if things keep growing as well as they are doing at the moment.
So here's some pics of how they are doing at this point. Enjoy !
13-223.JPG
13-224.JPG
13-225.JPG
13-226.JPG
13-227.JPG
13-228.JPG
13-229.JPG
13-230.JPG
13-231.JPG
13-232.JPG

Took these pics yesterday right after feeding. the OG-1 looks droopy in these pics.... but looks just fine this morning.
The spots on the lower leaves wont clear up.... which will drive me crazy till I can cut them off. But I wont cut them till the branches have grown out enough. All the New Growth is looking good though.... so, No Worries.

Looking loads better now buds
Things are starting to come around. I am really surprised I over watered. Not like me not to check the pot weight first.
Being in a rush got me in trouble. There's a good lesson on what "Not to Do" for all of us. Do not water without checking pot weight or you may end up wasting a week or so of grow time like I just did.
I'm pretty impressed on how bright this Medic Grow Light is. I'm only running on 60% & the plants seem to be loving it.

OK, so let's do an update. Girls are all coming back around nicely. They look alive again.... :) . So far I have fed 2 feedings with just Core A & Core B. The 2nd feeding was when I overwatered. So then it took about a week for them to recover from that; so they didn't get fed. This caused a deficiency & made the leaves on all 4 plants get real pale green.
So after a week of drying out the pots, they perked up & were ready to take on their next feed. So I fed Week 1 Veg Nutes. Within a few days the plants all started to Green Up. Yesterday they got their 2nd feeding of Week 1 nutes. Each plant is being fed about 24 oz. around twice per week.
These are looking SO much better! I think it was a combination of the over watering and week off from feeding combine with the time they have been in FFOF they would have used up what was amended into that mix. They are back on track and getting bigger, you might need to go up to full strength in a few weeks when they start taking off!

We had a DM exchange but I'm going to post it here as well in case other readers are using the same media.. With FFOF or other peat based mixes you can use a FEED, FEED, WATER rotation if desired but keep track of the plants and you can also feed every time if you want to. For coco coir you should absolutely feed every time.

These are looking SO much better! I think it was a combination of the over watering and week off from feeding combine with the time they have been in FFOF they would have used up what was amended into that mix. They are back on track and getting bigger, you might need to go up to full strength in a few weeks when they start taking off!

We had a DM exchange but I'm going to post it here as well in case other readers are using the same media.. With FFOF or other peat based mixes you can use a FEED, FEED, WATER rotation if desired but keep track of the plants and you can also feed every time if you want to. For coco coir you should absolutely feed every time.
Thanks for the feed info. I asked several others & nobody knew for sure. Most were feeding every time & some did Feed, Water, Feed, Water. This should help clear up the recommended feed pattern.
I doubt it was the soil running out of nutes. I've been using it for years & almost always go 3 weeks before starting to feed. Overwatering & not being able to feed during week 4 hurt for sure. But now we are on week 5 & things look better so it's all good to go.
I'll be feeding 1 more dose of Week 1 Veg Nutes today. Next feed I'll up it to week 2 nutes. Splitting 1 gal. between the 4 plants so 1 qt. each. Pretty sure that will give me run off still.
Digging out the DIY Bubble Cloner for this weekend when I top them.

Feeding is done & Bubble Cloner is ready. Been running my AC on 80 F. So Tent Temps get as high as 83 F before AC kicks on & 77 F before it kicks off during lights on. Monitor says 77 F - 80 F during lights out. From what I've seen, plants grow bigger in slightly higher temps during Veg. I think because the pots dry faster & you have to feed more often. Just a theory.
I've got the RH set for 65% on the Saturn 4. I've pretty much been staying at 56% steadily though. The Humidifier is only running on low. But when I put it on high it goes over the 65% & kicks off & on with ever changing Humidity Levels. I think it's better off leaving it on Low & keeping the RH relatively the same all the time. Again.... Just my opinion.
Never grew in a 7 gal. pot before. Just opened them up to see the size. Too big for my Drain Pans; so checking the Hydro Store & other places this week for 16" wide Drain Pans.
Also, turned the "MEDIC GROW FOLD 8" up to 80% now. Most likely will stay there most of Veg.

The other day I was smoking a joint & I got to thinking I should apply for a job at NASA. I'm sure I've been way Higher & more Spaced Out than any astronaut. Doesn't that make me qualified ? The things we come up with when stoned can sure give us a good laugh at times.
Back in the day me and my 2 best friends called ourselves the Ozone brothers. Still friends although 1 has passed away

Well I got impatient yesterday & topped my 4 OG's. This "MEDIC GROW FOLD 8" & "PRESCRIPTION BLEND NUTRIENTS" are just what the Doctor ordered. Both of the Sponsored Products are doing an excellent job so far.
Well the plants were all getting a little on the tall side, so thought it was time to Top & Clone them.
So let's start out with 2 group shots.
13-236.JPG
13-237.JPG

Now 2 Pics of each Before & 2 Pics of each After the Topping.
13-238.JPG
13-239.JPG
13-240.JPG
13-241.JPG

13-242.JPG
13-243.JPG
13-244.JPG
13-245.JPG

13-236.JPG

13-238.JPG

13-239.JPG

13-240.JPG

13-242.JPG

13-243.JPG

13-244.JPG

Pics Continued....
13-246.JPG
13-247.JPG
13-248.JPG
13-249.JPG
13-250.JPG
13-251.JPG
13-252.JPG
13-253.JPG

Earlier in the grow I stripped Nodes 1 & 2 from the plants. So my growth starts at Node 3. Plants don't look happy after the Topping, but then they never do. They'll be OK in a couple of days. On a couple of the plants you can still see the spotted, funky looking leaves at the bottom. Waiting for the branches to grow out some before they will get removed. New growth all looked good & healthy though.

So here's a couple Pics of the Re-Veg Cherry on Top. Still debating what to do with her. I know I want to take Cloned before Flowering. Just considering trying out SOG for the 1st time. I was thinking of maybe 25 Clones in the 3 x 3 tent.
Root them & go straight to 12/12. Not sure yet. Just a thought at the moment.
13-254.JPG
13-255.JPG

13-246.JPG

13-247.JPG

13-248.JPG

13-249.JPG

13-250.JPG

13-251.JPG

13-252.JPG

13-254.JPG

I wish there was a way to just delete the double picture post & only leave the one you intended to post.
I had this happen to me. I had to delete both image in the post and the one below the post and start over. I think it it is doubling up at the bottom.

double image.jpg

Looking really Nice! The reveg in looking Awesome.

Let's try to finish up my post from the other day. Hopefully, the pic issue is fixed.
Anyway, Here's how I do my Clones when there's only a few. First off I made a DIY Bubble Cloner; Coutesy of @Emilya Tutorial on how to make one. It's Cheap & Quite Simple to make. Works Great ! Every Clone I've done in it has rooted.
21.JPG

I keep a Pan of water & trimmers handy for the job; along with a little Clonex in a Shot Glass.
22.JPG

Then I take my Cutting from between the 4th & 5th node of the Plant. I trim off the bottom growth & cut all the leaves in 1/2.
23.JPG

From there I cut the stem at a 45 degree angle.
24.JPG

Then soak the cutting in water a few minutes, before I shake off the excess water.
25.JPG

After that, it's ready to roll the bottom of the stem around in the Clonex.
26.JPG

Place it in the Clone Collar & insert into the Bubble Cloner.
27.JPG
28.JPG
29.JPG

You can see in the pics it bubbles pretty good & I'm only using the small 1/2" Air Stones.

Just a little info for anyone who would like to try Cloning for the 1st time on the cheap & be 100% successful. I can't guarantee your success; but I can say it's so easy it's hard to fail.

27.JPG

28.JPG

Still doing the extra picture thing. Wish they'd fix it already. Those bottom 2 pics in my last post just popped up again when I clicked post reply. Weren't there until then. @Teddy Edwards , can you tell me what's going on with this. It started on Thursday & it's still doing it today. @Morda Grown had the same issue yesterday. Weird how it picks random photo's & adds them to the end of the post.

Still doing the extra picture thing. Wish they'd fix it already. Those bottom 2 pics in my last post just popped up again when I clicked post reply. Weren't there until then. @Teddy Edwards , can you tell me what's going on with this. It started on Thursday & it's still doing it today. @Morda Grown had the same issue yesterday. Weird how it picks random photo's & adds them to the end of the post.
I sent a report about in and the webmaster Mark messaged me yesterday about it. I hope I was able to explain it well enough for him. So they are aware of it and looking into it.

Looking Good too!

@Buds Buddy The image issue should be fixed. I did a test for Marc and it is working as it should for me.

Back
Top Bottom