5 OG's, Medic Grow Fold 8 LED, Prescription Blend Nutrients & Me!

A couple Group shots.
13-356.JPG
13-357.JPG

The FIRE OG today.
13-358.JPG
13-359.JPG

Compared to how she looked 2 days ago she looks great.

P def can be brought on by large temp fluctuations, especially ones teaching 60° or below.
Compact soil,root crowding and overwatering can also show P def. Overabundance of other nutes can also cause it.
I agree that it isn't common in veg plants if they are being fed correct amounts of fertilizer.
There is the possibility that she is just a bit of a P hog compared to the other plants too.

Since he transplanted and is seeing signs of improvement I don't have much to advise. If the plants were in the same pots I would say to leach the soil to ensure good P uptake and change the nutes slightly. Add a little extra P.

P def can be brought on by large temp fluctuations, especially ones teaching 60° or below.
Compact soil,root crowding and overwatering can also show P def. Overabundance of other nutes can also cause it.
I agree that it isn't common in veg plants if they are being fed correct amounts of fertilizer.
There is the possibility that she is just a bit of a P hog compared to the other plants too.

Since he transplanted and is seeing signs of improvement I don't have much to advise. If the plants were in the same pots I would say to leach the soil to ensure good P uptake and change the nutes slightly. Add a little extra P.
I doubt it was temps as everything is automated & I use AC. Really doubt it's compact soil as I've added 35% Perlite to FFOF. The overabundance of other nutes is sure possible. But the most likely cause to me would be overwatering. I know I overwatered pretty bad at the start of this grow & it took nearly 2 weeks for things to look better. Also the FIRE OG strain says it's kind of fussy & hard to grow.

Hi VG, The adding of one specific nute is something I really struggle with. For example adding a little extra "P". I don't have a clue on how to accomplish this. Not sure if they sell just "P" or not. I just recently found out from Shed & Mr S I could buy "N" by itself. This nute stuff & the Mr S calculations are something I'm very interested in. I wish he'd do a tutorial on how he does it. I can read the info on the calculation site; but once you get stumped you have nobody to ask the question you have. His calculations worked great for my last grow. But I can't count on MC being the same every time because they change it as much as a babies diaper. Therefore, can't count on the calculations being correct for what ever version they are on now. That's why I'm trying out these Prescription Blend Nutes.

@Buds Buddy seeing the pic a page or so back it certainly looks like a P deficiency but I do not think its anything to worry about your environment or anything like that. We had a few DMs about alternating water into the regiment and when to start feeding.

I think @Virgin Ground had some good insights but knowing what you and I discussed I have something else to add. Since you have only fed them a few times, the situation has improved since transplant/feeding and it's only one variety.. I don't think you should make any change to your mix but I do think that you should use a Feed every time approach instead of alternating in water. They were in the FFOF for a while without nutrients and it seems like they will be bouncing back now getting fed consistently.

I didn't see your journal had been updated or I would have gotten back sooner.

@Buds Buddy seeing the pic a page or so back it certainly looks like a P deficiency but I do not think its anything to worry about your environment or anything like that. We had a few DMs about alternating water into the regiment and when to start feeding.

I think @Virgin Ground had some good insights but knowing what you and I discussed I have something else to add. Since you have only fed them a few times, the situation has improved since transplant/feeding and it's only one variety.. I don't think you should make any change to your mix but I do think that you should use a Feed every time approach instead of alternating in water. They were in the FFOF for a while without nutrients and it seems like they will be bouncing back now getting fed consistently.

I didn't see your journal had been updated or I would have gotten back sooner.
I have only fed nutes every time & never just water (with the exception of the 1st 3 weeks as seedlings). Fox Farms has enough nutes in it's soil to last 3-4 weeks. No need to feed till you start week 4 if you ask me. Been doing it this way for a good 4 years now; so it's not because they weren't getting fed. I'm wondering how long I can stay on week 3/4 Veg Nutes. I'll be up-potting the rest this weekend & then vegging another 2-3 weeks before starting flower. Yes, a lot of what VG said made perfect sense. I believe it was due to overwatering & the light too bright. I wasn't able to feed for quite a while when I overwatered since I had to wait for the soil to dry out.
I am going to continue feeding every time but I'm adding 1 ml. per gal. of Cal Mag.

I'm wondering how long I can stay on week 3/4 Veg Nutes
You can repeat veg week 4 feed as long as you want to keep them in veg, just move onto the flower feed when you transition.
I wasn't able to feed for quite a while when I overwatered since I had to wait for the soil to dry out.
I am going to continue feeding every time but I'm adding 1 ml. per gal. of Cal Mag.
Ok, I see that I missed that info when reading the thread. Glad to see that they are responding well now that they are getting fed again and have more room for roots.

Plants are doing pretty good. The OG Kush is starting to get yellowish spots on the leaves now. The Fire OG did a complete turn around & is the best looking plant now. Up-potting all into 7 gal. today so pics tomorrow.
Making some Fudge today with RSO :p . I love chocolate almost as much as weed... lol.

Pretty much the same. These just wont get as much LST as Quad lining.
I'm looking to do this again.
6-432.JPG
12-Afghan.JPG
14-Afghan.JPG

Just a little bigger this time since I'll be in 7 gallon. Those were in 5 gal.
How long do you veg for including seedlings stage buds

No certain amount of time. Just when they look big enough or I get tired of waiting... lol. I still have to up-pot the Skywalker before I post pics. Ran out of time before lights out so I'll do it tonight.
I want to try get that sorted yield least it will last me abit longer I'm going to try go 6 weeks veg then 10 weeks flower on next one will be starting journal end of the month I hope I get monster's like them lol

I want to try get that sorted yield least it will last me abit longer I'm going to try go 6 weeks veg then 10 weeks flower on next one will be starting journal end of the month I hope I get monster's like them lol
Those were in 5 gal. pots. I'm doing 7 gal. this time; so a little longer Veg to fill things out. Should be going to Flower in 2-3 weeks. I'm trying to pull 10 - 12 oz. per plant. I'll be posting the pics I took later today.

OK, here we go.... ! So here are a couple of pics of the 4 OG's & the Re-Veg. Looks like they're ready to take off now.
13-360.JPG
13-361.JPG

Here we have the "FIRE OG" in the 7 gal. & the "OG KUSH" in the 3 gal. Just 1 week in the 7 gal. made a pretty big difference.
13-362.JPG
13-363.JPG
13-364.JPG

The "OG KUSH" is the plant I mentioned in an earlier post that is now getting the yellowish patches. Here's the pics.
I'm trying a Cal Mag Foliar feed on this one to see if that helps. If not I'll use the Epsom Salt mix again as it did miracles for the "FIRE OG". Only sprayed 1 time with it & that plant is now the best looking one.
13-372.JPG
13-373.JPG
13-374.JPG
13-375.JPG
13-376.JPG

Here is the "OG KUSH" after her up-pot. We'll see how she looks in a few days. Hopefully, no more yellow spots.
13-377.JPG
13-378.JPG
13-379.JPG

We now have 2 in 7 gal. pots. Now you can really see the difference just 1 week made in a 7 gal. Plant on the right is the FIRE OG I up-potted last week.
13-380.JPG

Here's the "OG-1" after her up-pot.
13-381.JPG
13-382.JPG
13-383.JPG

And here are 2 shots of all the plants. Ran out of time so had to up-pot the "SKYWALKER OG" when the lights came back on.
13-384.JPG
13-385.JPG

And here we have the "SKYWALKER OG" after her up-pot. This is the Tri-Leaf gal so she required some extra bondage.
13-386.JPG
13-387.JPG
13-388.JPG
13-389.JPG
13-390.JPG

And some pics of all 4 + Re-Veg all in 7 gal. pots.
13-391.JPG
13-392.JPG

And the "CHERRY ON TOP RE-VEG" is really filling out. She's almost ready to flower again.
13-365.JPG
13-366.JPG
13-368.JPG

The Clones all took & are / were doing well. Last time you will see the clones. Yesterday, I sold a 3'x3' tent set up & the guy asked if I had any seeds or clones. He offered $25 each for the clones so they are gone. I wasn't turning down $100 for a few little clones. I can take more anyway if I want... so why not.
13-369.JPG
13-370.JPG
13-371.JPG

I didn't have room for 5 of the 7 gal. pots under the "MEDIC GROW FOLD 8". So the 4 OG's are under the Medic Grow & for the moment I have the Re-Veg off to the other side of the tent with a SF-1000 on it. I may put a TSW 2000 on it in Flower. I wont be mentioning the other lights again or showing photo's of them as this journal is about what the "MEDIC GROW FOLD 8" can do. Next week I'll be trying 80% brightness again.

Took me a while to realize you can make these plants grow in any shape you want them to with just LST. Sure helps to LST each branch in the direction you want it to grow. I think I could write your name by LST-ing the branches if I wanted to. Hmmm, ideas rolling round in head... lol.

6-129-jpg.2074106

Here is how big the Afghan Kush was the day I started 12/12 Flower; so I'm looking at 12' - 18" of upward growth before flipping this time.

Thanks gives me a size to get to first with same training as you pretty much will be doing quadaling your abit more lst an toping wich I want to try also thanks again buds for taking you time answering my questions

Back
Top Bottom