5x5 tent, 4 plants, veg time?

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone i hope we are all in fit health.

So lets get down to it, im getting a 5x5 tent and will be running a 1000w hps under a panabolic shade.

Going to run 4 plants, im thinking 20L pots or should i go for bigger?

How long should i veg for? i was thinking 6-8 weeks, trained but not topped, just tied down to a screen "like a scrog".

I will be running coco/perlite mix, canna coco or coco bricks? i no canna is great but im thinking of price a little but im open to alot of answers (not soil).

I will be running a 6"x600mm filter aswell as a 6" intake.

My main priority is the environment i always stick to 25c so i would like the same in this tent too, i will run a humidifier in veg and a dehumidifier 2-3 weeks into flower.

Any one with any suggestions on how they use there 5x5 tent it would be greatly appreciated i know a lot of CA users are only allowed a 5x5, what strains have you grown that is a high yield but for novice growing, yield is also a main priority as i pay for my electricity and i also cure my bud up to a year so even when i could be sat on 50oz of bud i really dont like to touch it till i know its had every bit of care put in to it so yes yield really helps, started making oil and i never realised how much flower goes in, but its worth it as its helping me with toothache at the moment and i am very much petrified of dentists.

Thanks everyone for taking there time to read my post.

A lot of your answers are strain dependent. They can veg and will definitely finish flowering at different rates if you make this a mixed strain grow.

If I was to do this from the start again, I would use 16 (4 pots by 4 pots) in a 5x5 tent. I like 3 gallon fabric pots. You don't need so much space in coco, or in hydro in general.

Veg under a 4000k T5. 3 would cover it at 4ft each, but that depends how much light you want to squeeze in there. A cheaper option is to stick with a MH. If you're vegging at 600w, flowering at 1000w with your HPS won't frighten the girls, but if your ballast is dimmable I would increase the light over a few weeks.

Veg for 3-4 weeks, as long as I hadn't shocked them or stunted growth during or prior to this. This is about 7-8 weeks from seed.

Leave the plants as they are and let the plant grow naturally. MAYBE top once any taller growing sativas or supercrop some main stems if they got too tall too fast. It depends on the strains again.

You might not need a humidifier and dehumidifier but you will find out. You'll be watering most days in coco/perlite especially once they get bigger so this can keep up the humidity.

I don't know what coco to suggest for you I am not from CA.

Think about the strains you like then look them up on a seed bank. It usually says if they're suited to novice growers. This means they will be more hardy and not so prone to shock or deficiencies. They may clone easier too. Ideally one would do all the same strain to keep it simple, from clones, even better. But it's fun to mix it up and grow different strains. It's hard not to!

You'll need to decide on a nutrient line as well.

I hope this helps.

Hello buddy and thanks for the reply!

I like to keep less plants as it helps me with he environment aswel as the up keep s 4 is more than enough for me, i was pulling 20oz + with a 4x4 tent and 600w so i was hoping to either double that amount or up to 50oz, iv just pulled 45oz out of a 4x8 under 2 600w hps lights.

For strains i should of put this in the thread, i will only be running 1 strain as multiple strains can have separate harvest times and i like to keep everything set to the one date, id like a indica dominant strain, iv ran norther lights for years and its looking like that strain again.

I will be vegging with a 4 bar T5 then after 2 weeks from seed i will move to a 600w mh bulb with a dimmable ballast starting from 250w up to 600w over the following 2-3 weeks, then i will keep the ballast when i enter week 1 flower then use the 1000w ballast to so on.

For my nutrients i will be running the canna line (A+B, CANNAZYM, BOOST & PK) aswel as the advanced nutrients line (BIG BUD, BUD CANDY AND OVERDRIVE) then finally i will be using terpinator.

Haha, it sounds like you're all over it!

Just veg them longer. Blue Cheese by Barney's Farm might be a good option. Plenty of yield! Plenty of indica!

Hi higherthehigh. I'm new here and to growing. I have a 5x5 myself and I'm very new to growing. So I'm interested in way your getting. I'm only going to do 4 plants in 30ltr pots. How much did you yield after. All input will be brill. Thanx

Hello Kenny .

I usually yield around 10-20oz per 4 plants, 20L pots, in a 4x4 under a 600w hps, veg time is a good 6-8 weeks.

I'm growing in my 4x4 at the moment doing SOG grows which is just basically rows of buds, 9 plants, 20L pots, topped at the 5th node creating 10 main stems totalling 90 plus main colas, will be using a 600w but if the canopy looks dense and even then I may add another 600w hps in.

Back
Top Bottom