1gal

14ml iguana juice bloom
9ml calmag
6ml overdrive
4ml liquidcarboload

pH 6.

SLH1 1.9L

SLH2 - 1.9L

The SLH got their first feeding of overdrive!

I snipped a very low branch off of TWI3 and hung it up to dry. I should be able to test it on thursday or friday and we will see how she is. The twilights and superskunk will get their last late bloom feeding tomorrow on Day 52, and then begin flush on day 54-55... I have read a lot about overdrive and how it lengthens the end of bloom and adds a week or so to the cycle and from by all the looks of it, the twilights and superskunk still have another 10 days to go I would say. Some of the lower buds on all of them are starting to ripen up but still the main colas show bright white hairs and continued growth, as well as clear trichs. They are really starting to frost up though, and the smell is also increasing rapidly.

Here are some pics before the lights came on for DAY 51 FLOWERING

Twilight 2

2012-09-24_07-12-22_647.jpg

Twilight 3

2012-09-24_19-00-03_892.jpg

2012-09-24_19-00-23_233.jpg

Super Skunk

2012-09-24_19-01-14_888.jpg

What do you guys think? Surely just by their appearance alone they could go another 10-14 days? I'll be watching the trichs closely.

Feed Log:

Tuesday 9/25 - 10:30pm DAY 52 FLOWERING

2gal water

29ml iguana juice bloom
15ml overdrive
9ml liquidcarboload

pH 6.5

TWI2 - 2L

TWI3 - 2L

SS1 - 2L

BG1 - 1L

So, I have given them their final bloom feed as tomorrow will mark day 14 of Overdrive. They should be ready for the axe come Day 65 or so. I am excited to see how that TWI3 branch I cut does, as it should be ready to test on Thursday, or Friday at the latest. Still a few areas on the twilights and superskunk (moreso on the SS) where theres bright white new pistil/calyx formations, but I am seeing a lot of swelling of the calyxes so I know the time is nearing. Still a good amount of clear trichs, but the cloudy trichs are continuing to develop. The buds are really starting to swell and moreso the lower buds on colas, starting to really finish up and begin looking 'ready'.

I haven't decided on how exactly I am to flush with AN's Final Phase in soil. I've done as much reading as I can and it seems like everyone has a different method in soil. I will have something figured out by then, but I would love to hear anyone's input regarding flushing with Final Phase in soil. The directions say to use 2ml per litre during the last week of the flowering phase.

:Namaste:

Feed Log:

Saturday 9/29 - 9pm - DAY 56 FLOWERING

2gal RO Water

16ml AN Final Phase

pH 6.4

TWI2, TWI3, SS1 - fed to saturation.

I was instructed by the Advanced Nutrients hotline to make a mix of the final phase and feed to saturation the plants you are entering into flush. He then said to wait 6 hours, and then run regular RO Water through the plants and get about 20% runoff. Then wait till they are dry and use regular RO water till you chop them. So it appears I won't have to be doing any of this standard arduous 3x the pot size flush of regular water. I am very excited about that as it would have been an extreme pain in the ass to get them hoisted above a big container to collect the runoff. Still appears to be on schedule for a chop sometime next weekend. I'll keep a close eye on the trichs! In the mean time, I will wait around till about 2am to then run regular RO water through the pots! Shouldn't take too much as they are already saturated a good deal.

1gal

14ml iguana juice bloom
9ml calmag
6ml overdrive
4ml liquidcarboload

pH 6.4

SLH1 1.9L

SLH2 - 0L (She was still rather moist from her feeding Monday. I am not exactly sure why. She will probably be ready on Monday.)

Hey Darkpiece just read your entire journal so far and everything looks awesome. Super healthly!

Have you thought about lollipopping? For your next grow that is... Pulling off all lower stuff so the plant uses all the energy it has stored on all the upper tops in the light. Those gorgeous ladies are going to yield regardless but just a thought!

Thanks Sphnx.... yes, I did a terrible job at lollipopping for the most part. I just simply didn't know what to expect and what would become what. I will definitely focus on cutting growth that won't amount to anything for my next run.

I just ran some pH 6.5 RO water through the TWI2, TWI3 and SS1 and got some considerable run off.

I will only feed pH 6.5 RO water to saturation from here until chop.

So, some valuable information I learned. WHEN you run the fan sucking ALL the ducting HAS to be run in a straight line. if NOT it will cause then suction of the fan to pull the light sideways.....Yep, valuable info

I found that out with my new fan this round haha

Feed Log:

Monday 10/1 - 9PM DAY 58 FLOWERING

1gal

14ml iguana juice bloom
9ml calmag
6ml overdrive
4ml liquidcarboload

pH 6.4

SLH2 1.9L

The superlemons still have quit a bit of clear trichs.

The twilights and superskunk and bagseed are mostly milky, a few clear, and a I actually only spotted 1 amber trichome on TWI3.

They are definitely about to hit that peak harvest time. I think I am right on track with a friday harvest of the twilights, bagseed and superskunk. Very exciting stuff!!

I'll throw some pics up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Surprisingly... I squeeze a random superskunk bud and I get little to no aroma even though she is frosted in milky trichomes. Just a hint of spice. I am not disappointed though as I don't particularly need aromatic buds. :)

Any pulling it does is very slight and shouldn't come with headaches. It all comes down to efficiency guys. :)

I wouldn't call 3 inches slight
Now i go from a straight light to a light with the front end jacked and now i have to figure out how to get it back into place with the fan running. Had I known this i would have done it differently

Feed Log:

Wednesday 10/3 - 10pm DAY 60 FLOWERING

1gal

14ml iguana juice bloom
8ml calmag
7ml overdrive
4ml liquidcarboload

pH 6.5

SLH1 1.9L

Here are some PICS right before lights came on for DAY 60 FLOWERING

One of the lower colas on TWI3

2012-10-03_19-01-59_423.jpg

What became the predominant cola on TWI3

2012-10-03_19-02-09_848.jpg

A top on the bagseed plant... looks pretty awesome for bagseed, we will see how she smokes, she should be ready any day now.

2012-10-03_19-02-36_884.jpg

Here is an underneath shot, which I have never done. What an odd arrangement they have, but it is best for the canopy!

2012-10-03_19-03-28_714.jpg

Wide shot

2012-10-03_19-04-44_859.jpg

TWI2 top

2012-10-03_19-05-27_415.jpg

TWI3 top

2012-10-03_19-06-37_213.jpg

SLH1, that just got fed today, probably her last feeding of overdrive before she goes into flush. I am thinking about another 16 or so days for the SLH. So frosty.

2012-10-03_19-07-21_461.jpg

2012-10-03_19-07-56_328.jpg

And SuperSkunk 1

2012-10-03_19-08-28_17.jpg

Well out of the 3 that are soon to be chopped, I would say TWI3 looks most ready, with SS1 next, and TWI2 looks like it will take a little longer to finish up. This is mainly based on the hairs/calyx growth. I plan to spend a good amount of time looking at trichs tomorrow and I can narrow my decisions a little more based on that.

As for the super lemons, I think they have maybe 15 or so days left, so I will begin flush for both of them in about 5 days or less.

Feed Log:

Thursday 10/4 - 11:30pm DAY 61 FLOWERING

2gal RO Water

9ml Liquid CarboLoad

pH 6.4

TWI2 - saturation

TWI3 - saturation

SS1 - saturation

Looks like TWI3 will be the first to go... like 90%milky, 10% clear... no amber in sight.

She looks prime for a day 64 harvest really.

TWI2 still has a boatload of fresh white hairs, and a good amount of new growth. She is looking to finish several days later, and about on par with the SS1.

Once I chop TWI3, I can actually get to the end of the closet and inspect the trichs on TWI2 and SS1 a little better. I know they won't be done for a few days so I am not to worry. But TWI3 has a majority amber hairs, and her trichs just look ready. She just needs to level off the last bit of her newest calyx growth and she will be ready from top to bottom!

I am going to be drying in my bathroom, as the closet will not be available to dry.

The RH in my bathroom is a constant 30% unfortunately. I will be getting a humidfier to kick it up to 45% RH and I can easily keep the bathroom 72 F....

I plan on doing a rough trim of useless no trich covered leaves that protrude from the buds, just to aid in the manicure process. I will leave as many main fan leaves on through the hang dry as to slow the process. Main fans are ez to trim anyway when dry. I am hoping I get a good 5-7 hang dry and then I will manicure and jar.

Sorry, been really busy!

I chopped TWI3 on Sunday night (right before lights came on for DAY 64 FLOWERING).

I'll get some pics up when I get home later.

SS1 is probably coming down tonight or tomorrow, thursday at the latest.

I also began flush on the 2 remaining SLH. They were flushes on Sunday, day 64.... and should be ready to chop in about 10-12 days.

When Air cooling lights, should you push or pull your airflow?
We recommend to push the air through your air cooled lights to avoid overheating your fan and to create a positive air pressure in your ducting and light hoods.

Approximately 150 - 200 CFM is required to air cool a 1000W Bulb.

that's from the can-fan website....type can-fan how to cool your lights in g**gle and click on their website

hey sphnx... im not quite sure what to expect.

I guess I 'hope' for an avg of 2-3oz per plant...

This is all personal so I am quality of quantity in every aspect here. And I go through about an 8th every 7-10 days so a little goes a long way for me.

Although any farmer would be lying to you if he said he wasn't concerned with his yield... of course every farmer wants to have big yields, and exceed their expectations.

And UG, I could only suspect CanFan would say that to maybe reduce the wear the heat has on their fans, given they have a 5 year warranty covering that.

Again, you are not going to convince anyone that knows what they are talking about that pushing air through hoods is more efficient than pulling air through hoods. It is just not possible... and that is all I am getting at.

Back
Top Bottom