GrowStealthLED 600w ProBloom - White Widow - AK47 - Amazon Aeroponics

Re: GrowStealthLED 600w ProBloom: White Widow - AK47 - Amazon Aeroponics

also i was just wondering...... sense the leds do not have alot of heat couldnt you lower your light to make it so they have a higher penetreation of light... not that you need it....
i had read that LEDs will begin loseing penetration after 3 FT do you know if this is correct? if not maybe GSL does....

also i was just wondering...... sense the leds do not have alot of heat couldn't you lower your light to make it so they have a higher penetreation of light... not that you need it....
i had read that LEDs will begin loseing penetration after 3 FT do you know if this is correct? if not maybe GSL does....

Well Shaggie, lowering the lights is just not really needed with these true 3watt diodes. Now sure a few years ago when running 1 watt or less, you needed to be say within 5-6 inches to get an ok result.

Now if you were to put that unit 4-5 inches away you will defiantly get bleached buds "TOO MUCH LIGHT" It really has nothing to do with the heat. Like you said led's are much cooler so as long as the plants can handle the light they can get as close as they like without burning.

As far as losing penetration, yea with any light every 12" or so you lose alot of the intensity, still there so intense even 3ft down, you still getting buds...

Hope this helps!:bong:

looking really good LED!
careful with the ph up/down as you found out it just takes a little... another note is add a little and wait.... give it time to fully mix as if u dont you will come back and find your rez at 4.0 or below..... also only ph once as the more ph up/ down you add the more of the good stuff you will make inactive for the plant. so only ph after the nutes have added.... (you might be doing this i just wanted to make sure)
also dont plan on it beint the same amount of PH every time... it wont. sometimes a drop will do it. we run 60 and 100 gal rez at work and its amazing how temperamental they can be witht he ph up/ down
good luck brother the girls look green love the look of the WW!

hi dude, yey...... its nice to have some feedback i was thinking i was the only guy on this forum! hehe

ye its very tricky the ph even more for me i think as im completley new to hydro and the smallest error could destroy my nice green garden :(

im using silicon+ to naturally raise my ph rather than a ph up. i have ph down and thats the one that catches me off guard :D but im learning just a ml or so at a time

the amazon takes about 45-50liters, oh while i remember i forgot to take some pictures of the modification i made to the amazon i fitted a aqua tap so i could drain it easier than pumping out. and my next mod im goin to make a viewing window to see the roots when i need to, as ill be scrogging and once i have the net in place i cant really move the amazon.

any more advice dude im all ears :D

thanks man

Be interesting to see a grow using a GSL vs a GSL Quantum. That would certainly put a damper on the naysayers as to the importance of adding some green (~500nms) to the light.

I replaced a competitor's light with a GS300 Pro-Bloom in my current grow. So far, I'm impressed. Gearing up for a side-by-side LED Shootout.

LEDBaby, keep 'em green! :high-five:

Be interesting to see a grow using a GSL vs a GSL Quantum. That would certainly put a damper on the naysayers as to the importance of adding some green (~500nms) to the light.

Actually they all are QUANTUM Led Grow Lights.. The Pro-Bloom has the 730-750nm IR range. thats the only difference in our models "besides size"

Re: GrowStealthLED 600w ProBloom: White Widow - AK47 - Power Plant - Amazon Aeroponic

well scrub that i just checked the ppm of my cloaner and its at 420 ppm ive just added nearly 2 litres of water and its brought it down to 380 so ill aim for around that number! the plants are doin well at the current ppm so should be ok

i checked the ppm of my tap water and thats 260ppm

OUCH the tap ppm is way too hot to dial in nute ratios. Especially with this much water you should have an RO system (google Merlin). Get a report from your water department that shows the various ppms that make up the 260. Probably a good bit of it is Mg. You do not want to add any more and probably less.

As to your roots and rez. You probably won't have any major problems until you go to flower. This is when the plant's hormones go crazy making bud sites. Monitor your pH and ppms daily as soon as you flip and within 5-10 days watch it skyrocket.

Imagine what that will do to the roots, and ultimately the plants when the roots are soaking in a toxic environment 24/7. Be a good idea to drain and replace with fresh nutes weekly after the 2-3 week of flower.

Seeing how conscientious you are with everything going on above the root chamber, when you do the same below, you should have consistently awesome results without battling 'deficiencies' or plant health issues. hth

to scrog........... or....... not to scrog.

is the question!

to scrog........... or....... not to scrog.

is the question!

For a first grow? I like letting 'em grow 'au naturale' and see how the strain reacts...your mileage may vary ;)

I agree let em grow out,but I would flip em soon. Grew a hybrid nft/aero bench 20 + years ago grew like f'n crazy hard to control those sob's. I'm in for the ride as I'm a gadget guy and wanted to research everything you are using for this grow. So thanks for giving me a free test ride.

For a first grow? I like letting 'em grow 'au naturale' and see how the strain reacts...your mileage may vary ;)

its my first official grow my last was a disaster, i had no intake, i got thrips and loads of other shizzle.

that was scrog and i did ok off it to say it was a horrible first time grow the plants looked really unhealthy and had brown barkey stems

Re: GrowStealthLED 600w ProBloom: White Widow - AK47 - Power Plant - Amazon Aeroponic

OUCH the tap ppm is way too hot to dial in nute ratios. Especially with this much water you should have an RO system (google Merlin). Get a report from your water department that shows the various ppms that make up the 260. Probably a good bit of it is Mg. You do not want to add any more and probably less.

As to your roots and rez. You probably won't have any major problems until you go to flower. This is when the plant's hormones go crazy making bud sites. Monitor your pH and ppms daily as soon as you flip and within 5-10 days watch it skyrocket.

Imagine what that will do to the roots, and ultimately the plants when the roots are soaking in a toxic environment 24/7. Be a good idea to drain and replace with fresh nutes weekly after the 2-3 week of flower.

Seeing how conscientious you are with everything going on above the root chamber, when you do the same below, you should have consistently awesome results without battling 'deficiencies' or plant health issues. hth

ok been on water suply website and heres what they say
Water quality report
Substance
Typical value
UK/European limit
Unit

Calcium
mg Ca/l

Magnesium
mg Mg/l

Residual chlorine - free
mg/l Cl2

Residual chlorine - total
mg/l Cl2

Coliforms
no/100ml

E-coli
no/100ml

Aluminium
µg Al/l

Colour
mg/l Pt/Co Scale

Conductivity
µS/cm

Fluoride
mg F/l

pH (Hydrogen Ion Conc.)
pH Units

Iron
µg Fe/l

Manganese
µg Mn/l

Nitrate
mg NO3/l

Nitrite
mg NO2/l

Sodium
mg Na/l

Turbidity
NTU

Copper
mg Cu/l

Lead
µg Pb/l

Report period: January 2010 - December 2010

Water hardness type: Hard

Water hardness average: 103.5mg/l calcium

i just thought with the small amount of space i have which is like1.1m2 roughly (1.2mx1m) the best way to get most yeild for my area is a scrog! dont get me wrong id like to do a normal au natural grow as its alot less effort but then id always be thinking what if id scrogged. last grow was a bomb shell to be honest and i managed to pull 7 oz dry from 3 rubbish plants in a .75m2 area without amazon and vegged on a cfl blue with no intake and bugs!

i dunno ill see how they strech in next few days

and im taking 1 plant out so be doing 6 not 7, the 1 plant was a backup plant for if any died, and my friends going to have her :D

whats best way to transfer to soil from hydro with big ass roots?

Make a mound or sort of a cone of soil in the pot. Spread the roots out in a fan or laterally coming out from the main stem. Your main stem should sit on top of your cone/mound of soil. Hold plant erect with one hand and gently sprinkle soil in until your pot is full.I have done this many times with 100% success going from Aero
/hydro to soil. If you need visual aid,Google "planting bare root roses" that should give you a pic to follow.And don't forget to give them some Superthrive ,if available. That stuff is great for transplanting, reviving sick plants. :D

Make a mound or sort of a cone of soil in the pot. Spread the roots out in a fan or laterally coming out from the main stem. Your main stem should sit on top of your cone/mound of soil. Hold plant erect with one hand and gently sprinkle soil in until your pot is full.I have done this many times with 100% success going from Aero
/hydro to soil. If you need visual aid,Google "planting bare root roses" that should give you a pic to follow.And don't forget to give them some Superthrive ,if available. That stuff is great for transplanting, reviving sick plants. :D

cheers dude sorted it with your guide, looks fine for now anyway :D see how it looks in the morning

will update pics in next few hours this will be week 2 veg

ok this is week 2 veg,

took 1 plant out the middle so just 6 now

IMG_12016.JPG

IMG_12007.JPG

IMG_12026.JPG

IMG_120310.JPG

IMG_12047.JPG

IMG_12059.JPG

IMG_12068.JPG