600W LED Grow

re: GLH 600W LED Grow

Ordered one a month ago.. Just waiting on the shipment...lol...

Dogsnova, you got no idea how comforting that is to me. Same story. I think I got the reassurances I need to sit back and wait.... =) and smoke :ganjamon:

I'm wondering if my L=2.8 foot W=2' H=5' space will be happy with two cramped plants and the 180 (240 actual) I ordered. Or if the addition of some extra CFL watts might be needed. I'm keen to do two plants in this space, but I am a bit of a noob and tried cramming 4 in there each with more than a month veg on my current run using 600+ actual watts of CFL. xD

It was a bit of a mess but first real indoor attempt and I have more than something to show for it. Dying to see what this panel will do for me with less than half the wattage. :yummy:

Sorry to jack yer thead irish, I've been lurking this whole time and its good to finally interact with you folks. Needless to say, best community I have come across.

Dogsnova, you got no idea how comforting that is to me. Same story. I think I got the reassurances I need to sit back and wait.... =) and smoke :ganjamon:

I'm wondering if my L=2.8 foot W=2' H=5' space will be happy with two cramped plants and the 180 (240 actual) I ordered. Or if the addition of some extra CFL watts might be needed. I'm keen to do two plants in this space, but I am a bit of a noob and tried cramming 4 in there each with more than a month veg on my current run using 600+ actual watts of CFL. xD

It was a bit of a mess but first real indoor attempt and I have more than something to show for it. Dying to see what this panel will do for me with less than half the wattage. :yummy:

Sorry to jack yer thead irish, I've been lurking this whole time and its good to finally interact with you folks. Needless to say, best community I have come across.

no worry bro say whatever you want on my thread, thats what its here for. i think any light you add is only gonna help. the more light the better. have you ever thought about doing a SCROG in that space? i think that would be your best bet IMO.

Hmmm, so I understand that you do like what the LED's are able to do.

If you were going to do an 8 plant grow in a 4x8 space I am guessing it would be best to use multiple 300w LED's. I glanced at your other LED grow journal and noticed that the lower power LED was performing better 126 vs 180.

Which companies LED's would your use. Like you I have an issue with the summer heat and if I am going to be putting out 700-1000w I would at least like to save some on air conditioning.

Hmmm, so I understand that you do like what the LED's are able to do.

If you were going to do an 8 plant grow in a 4x8 space I am guessing it would be best to use multiple 300w LED's. I glanced at your other LED grow journal and noticed that the lower power LED was performing better 126 vs 180.

Which companies LED's would your use. Like you I have an issue with the summer heat and if I am going to be putting out 700-1000w I would at least like to save some on air conditioning.

personally i would only use the GLH lights, so far these are the only ones welcome in my grow room as of now, never had much luck with the other company's. i am not sure how you see the lower power led from my last grow doing better then my current grow? i can say thats not the case at all. i think those other lights i was using were missing something, like certain spectrum's that this light has or something. but yes i would go with multiple 300w lights IMO

Oops, sorry to give the impression I was comparing your previous grow and this one. I had meant to talk about the difference in the quality of lights from your previous grow, and the quality of the light from this grow.

Regardless, you did answer my question. Going to look at the GLH lights now.

Thanks

Oops, sorry to give the impression I was comparing your previous grow and this one. I had meant to talk about the difference in the quality of lights from your previous grow, and the quality of the light from this grow.

Regardless, you did answer my question. Going to look at the GLH lights now.

Thanks

oh, i thought you were saying my last set of buds were better then these ones.lol. i couldn't figure out how u seen that.lol.

the thing i have learn over the year i have tested different leds is not any led is alike from each company. you must do your homework when thinking of buying leds, witch i can see you are doing since you found my led thread. my personal opinion is i think the GHL lights seems to be the best for me, you get the biggest bang for your buck more watts for less money then any other led company i have see/found. plus i think the high power leds with 3w leds are the way to go, the 90 degree leds seem to be a perfect mix, Ive used 60 degree and its too narrow of a mix and the led spectrum's dont mix too good IMO. ive used the 120 degree and think there useless, all it do is spread the light way out and you hardly have any penetration. plus i think the 11 spectrum's is the way to go. instead of 5 ban most company's use. the GLH warranty is better and longer 5 year Hassle free warranty and 120 Day Money Back Guarantee where most other company's offer a 30 day return and 3 year warranty witch isn't shit, either you can veg with that or flower half way, the only reason why they do that 30 day warranty is because they dont want you to be able to finish a whole grow with their lights IMO. 120 day is more then enuff time to finish a grow and see how the light truly works. i am having great results with my plants right now, so these are some of the reasons why i will only use the GHL lights as of now. i hope some of this info could help you? just do your homework and pick the company that works best for you. good luck

Irish are you going to do your famous pre-trim... If so take some pics after the pre-trim for me if you don't mind..

Thanks.

Irish are you going to do your famous pre-trim... If so take some pics after the pre-trim for me if you don't mind..

Thanks.

i dont think i am gonna do that this time, i kinda want to test some theory of my out this time. but maybe if i get real high i will do it and not notice i did it.lol. you like that pre-time i do?lol.. i should have did it a few days ago to make it really work like it did before. but next time i might do it if i do see a differences.

Wow I can't keep up dude with this thread...so whats with the no glass on the units now? Explain that one, and what is this pre-trim stuff? lol

Can't wait to see the individual ladies! I need some perspective!!!

Lovin' it bro!

-Go

what is this pre-trim stuff? lol

LOL...Irish knows what I'm talkin bout... It's when he trims all the fan leaves off and get the flowers looking real pretty just before he chops them.. I do this technique all the time.. It defiantly makes for some good pics. Not sure if it helps yield or anything.. Also it makes the trim party a lot easer..

Yah green things go fast around here..:ganjamon:

Wow I can't keep up dude with this thread...so whats with the no glass on the units now? Explain that one, and what is this pre-trim stuff? lol

Can't wait to see the individual ladies! I need some perspective!!!

Lovin' it bro!

-Go

some of us took out the glass of our lights and feel it gives you more intense light. mike was the first to figure this out, and i agree its way better. just break the glass with a spark plug like you would do a car window.

the pre-trim is where you strip all the fan leaves off of ur plants a little before you harvest and it makes ur lower buds ripen faster from the more lights and can cause stress to make ur buds get more resin this is just my opinion though, but the main resin why i do this is because i feel by taking the leaves off i get rid of the stored nutes so when i pull them it is allot smoother smoke with pure white ash i also leave them in the dark for a few days to make the plant realse it store starches down the roots into the sol for even better smoke. every time i have done it this way its been the smoothest smoke i ave had. this is just my way of doing things and it works great for me.

EVERYONE CHECK BACK LATTER TONIGHT I WILL HAVE SOME PICS OF EACH GIRL!!! IT WILL BE THE LAST SET OF PICS U WILL SEE UNTIL THEIR HARVESTED

I do the exact same thing. lol Crazy!!!!! I swear by it....I won't do things any other way...pre-trim, dark period, chop, hang, jar. enjoy. repeat.

Thanks for the glass info, why don't we just start asking for them to be made that way? I am sure it is fine, but I would be worried about breaking out the glass...is it a structural piece of the unit? I think your right though, why do we even need the glass? Does it protect the diodes from damage?Water? Etc?

Can't wait!!!!!:welldone:

some of us took out the glass of our lights and feel it gives you more intense light. mike was the first to figure this out, and i agree its way better. just break the glass with a spark plug like you would do a car window.

the pre-trim is where you strip all the fan leaves off of ur plants a little before you harvest and it makes ur lower buds ripen faster from the more lights and can cause stress to make ur buds get more resin this is just my opinion though, but the main resin why i do this is because i feel by taking the leaves off i get rid of the stored nutes so when i pull them it is allot smoother smoke with pure white ash i also leave them in the dark for a few days to make the plant realse it store starches down the roots into the sol for even better smoke. every time i have done it this way its been the smoothest smoke i ave had. this is just my way of doing things and it works great for me.

EVERYONE CHECK BACK LATTER TONIGHT I WILL HAVE SOME PICS OF EACH GIRL!!! IT WILL BE THE LAST SET OF PICS U WILL SEE UNTIL THEIR HARVESTED

Regarding heat, LED vs. HID, 1000W of LED light will output more heat into an enclosed space, i.e. a grow space, than 1000W of HID. It is a simple matter of energy conversion and efficiency.

The large difference between LED and HID is the path of heat transfer from the heat generator (the light generating device) to the ambient air, where all the heat will eventually end up. With LED, for all practical purposes, you can say all the heat generated by the LED die is 'conducted' from the die -to- the heat sink -to- the air via the 'convective' action of the fan(s). With HID (assuming an un-ventillated reflector), some of the heat is conducted (the glass bulb, socket, etc. gets smoking hot) and is dissipated -to- the air via air currents in the grow space , and some of the heat is radiated in the form of short wave IR, which then strikes objects, such as the leaves at the top of the canopy, heats them up, and is re-emitted as long wave radiation into the ambient air. Again, if un-ventillated, all the heat load will eventually end up in the grow space in the form of elevated air temperatures regardless of the path it takes.

Irish- your test will be an excellent trial of the impact of the IR radiated emissions common to HID lighting on the plants, as the LED will be largely void of this IR emission profile.

HERE SOME PRE-TRIM PICS OF MY HINDU SKUNKS. THE BAD NEW IS I COULD'NT GET PICS OF MY XJ-13 BECAUSE ONCE I TOOK OFF THE STINGS HOLDING THE BUDS THE PLANT FELL TO THE GROUND FROM TOO MUCH WEIGHT. SO I JUST LEFT THEM ALONE.

ENJOY THE TRIM PIC OF MY HINDU SKUNKS THESE ARE BY FAR THE BEST PIC I HAVE TAKEN. CHECK OUT THE COLA COMPARED TO MY FRIENDS HEAD.

BEFORE_HARVEST_003_450x600.jpg

BEFORE_HARVEST_004_450x600.jpg

BEFORE_HARVEST_002_450x600.jpg

BEFORE_HARVEST_001_600x498.jpg

BEFORE_HARVEST_005_600x457.jpg

SKUNK#2

HINDU_SKUNK_2_001_600x449.jpg

HINDU_SKUNK_2_002_600x449.jpg

HINDU_SKUNK_2_003_600x449.jpg

HINDU_SKUNK_2_005_600x543.jpg

HINDU_SKUNK_2_004_600x569.jpg

HINDU_SKUNK_2_006_600x534.jpg

HINDU_SKUNK_2_007_600x571.jpg

dont you love when you have mad weight? the only thing keeping her off the ground is she is lying on the other plant for support, there is no way i am taking the string off of the back one its the biggest plant of them all. but this is why i cant take her out for a single pic, these buds are rock hard i just keep that air moving for i dont get bud rot/mold from them being so dense.

XJ-13_004_600x449.jpg

XJ-13_001_600x449.jpg

XJ-13_002_600x449.jpg

Yep, those are the best pics yet. Thanks for taking the plants out of the tent for the update.

you know how some plants just look "heavy" with buds?

like if you bumped them the buds would swing back and forth like pendulums?

;)

Dude my XJ-13 buds make these plants look small. once i took the string off all the branches just fell on the ground, i realized their is no way to take her out for pics, witch pisses me off because i wanted to put her in plant of the month, damn!! i will have to harvest on branch at a time. i love it. my whole house just reeks now like a dead skunk. so frosty. i mean where my friend in the pic?lol

are you freakin serious!!!! Man honestly I cant believe what im looking at, this grow has by far surpassed all of my expectations.

Mad respect irish.. you did a awesome job..

thank you.

:welldone: :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom