9 Plant 1000W Aeroponic Caramelicious From Seed

many old growers will leave a male around til the last minute, they believe the presence of a male will reduce the tendency of the females to turn hermie, in the absence of males, to save their genetics.
some will even top the male and pinch off pollen sacs to keep it from dropping pollen. - corse this is all outside where your not paying for sunshine...

i first learned about that idea in Jamaica and then was later reinforced by some of the spyrock crew.

Hey MBS, I just got caught up. I'm not sure what your growing goals are regarding the decision on the males. Are you growing just for medicine or are you doing some for seed or breeding too?

well, medicine but I would like to throw the male into soil in his own room for seed. after i clone for awhile i'd like to start over and possible breeding later down the road.

i will deffinetly be spraying them before moving. Great idea. Thanks!

just checkin in to ur grow, a ? on your feeding schedule, you say your at 5/30, have you considered going to 1/5 so heat in your res will be kept to a min.?

Dr.G

Those ballsy guys gotta go, unless you're growing for seed. Seeded weed is just as good, but you get less of it when the female puts her energy to making seeds. Seeing those fat indica looking leaves, and the fast production of balls makes me think: Why cut back the light now to 12s, what's the hurry? I doubt that they will suddenly shoot up tall and will flower regardless.
All choices in your grow are yours. Knowing your options counts when making plans. PotPie gave you good scoop, as I try to do but... We're not there

Hey Gator, yeah all males will go but i was wondering bout height as i only have 7' ceilings and trying to keep girls from a bad burn. i been keepin light at about 28" from tallest girl and it seems to be ok. i see those leaves getin bigger every day and have not yet switched. your right though no hurry just a matter of available space.
if my math is right i can max out 20" but i'm gonna scrog so Hmmm.

the plan is to set up scrog at 12" above the tubes so the girls will be 12" and hit the screen. i guess i'll have to fill the screen before switchin to 12/

but if they double in size when i do the flip won't they be like over 30" out of the screen. i could LST at that point but rather not.

MBS

many old growers will leave a male around til the last minute, they believe the presence of a male will reduce the tendency of the females to turn hermie, in the absence of males, to save their genetics.
some will even top the male and pinch off pollen sacs to keep it from dropping pollen. - corse this is all outside where your not paying for sunshine...

i first learned about that idea in Jamaica and then was later reinforced by some of the spyrock crew.

those technics sound a bit too advanced for me as of now. But it makes sense.
this is my first grow so i'm leavin the tricks to a minimum. after this grow i'll
try somthin new if all goes well with this first one.

i'm trying to keep the stress on the girls to a minimum and that should hopfully keep hermies at bay.

thanks for info.

MBS

just checkin in to ur grow, a ? on your feeding schedule, you say your at 5/30, have you considered going to 1/5 so heat in your res will be kept to a min.?

Dr.G

Doc, I'm at 5/20 as of two days ago and 1/5 is my target. i started at 1/5 when they were babies and they wilted and stressed like crazy and stopped growing till i figured out/read that babies don't need food but i started with waaay too many nutes.
now the tallest is 7" at 4weeks tommorow sunday starts 5th week they should be so much taller but we learn from our mistakes. (Hopefully).

Today was rez change cleanout day and i misscalculated the nutes again. I wanted under 900ppm at .5 conversion and ended up with 1050. But at a .7 conversion i'm at like 1400 or higher. My meter does both so not sure which to use.

Using Fox Farm GrowBig and BigBloom. You know about these conversions?
does it depend on who's nute you use?

OH! and thanks about the info on temp being affected by water circulation or lack of it.

MBS

although you will get conflicting opinions, i would go with Botanicare products when in a nft setup, although FF is great in a soil grow, i would say checking into the Botanicare line would be worth your time.

Botanicare | Botanicare

Dr.G

Veg systems:
125ml Cal-Mag Plus
175ml Liquid Karma
550ml Pure Blend Pro Vegetative Formula

Flowering Systems:
250ml Cal-Mag Plus
250ml Sweet
175ml Liquid Karma
550ml Pure Blend Pro Bloom

This whole mix will take an 18 gal reservoir to 2900 PPM.

Mix all the nutrients in a recycled gallon milk container. Add water and shake well.

Add about half of the mix and check your PPM. It will be low so you will have to keep adding nutrients until you get it to the appropriate PPM for its age.

It is easy to add more nutrients but hard to take them out. If you go over you have to drain some nutrients /water from the res and add more plain water.

That's why you want to take it slow at first.

Fill the res with water and start adding the nutrient formula until it reaches the correct PPM.

Always adjust your PH after you set your nutrients PPM.

about your brown gunk in ur res.

did you rinse your hydroton off 10-15 time in a strainer before you set it?

Veg systems:
125ml Cal-Mag Plus
175ml Liquid Karma
550ml Pure Blend Pro Vegetative Formula

Flowering Systems:
250ml Cal-Mag Plus
250ml Sweet
175ml Liquid Karma
550ml Pure Blend Pro Bloom

This whole mix will take an 18 gal reservoir to 2900 PPM.

Mix all the nutrients in a recycled gallon milk container. Add water and shake well.

Add about half of the mix and check your PPM. It will be low so you will have to keep adding nutrients until you get it to the appropriate PPM for its age.

It is easy to add more nutrients but hard to take them out. If you go over you have to drain some nutrients /water from the res and add more plain water.

That's why you want to take it slow at first.

Fill the res with water and start adding the nutrient formula until it reaches the correct PPM.

Always adjust your PH after you set your nutrients PPM.

Ahh!Doc! thanks for the receipe. I was just readin up on CAL-MG.
they are showing signs of deficiancy and I learned that bottled water and RO
are missing calcium and mag.

gonna get them on proper diet.

thanks,
MBS

although you will get conflicting opinions, i would go with Botanicare products when in a nft setup, although FF is great in a soil grow, i would say checking into the Botanicare line would be worth your time.

Botanicare | Botanicare

Dr.G

good timming as I'm almost out of FF nutes. gonna check out your suggestion
and get schooled

MBS

about your brown gunk in ur res.

did you rinse your hydroton off 10-15 time in a strainer before you set it?

I did rinse maybe not enough. I let it sit overnight to loosen any grit then
washed and strained a few times not more than 8 times. that could have been
a cause combined with high water temps big flux in PH.

now it no longer a prob. I guess is all washed away now after a month.

i tell you i dont like rockwool. alge growin so i'm H2O2 with a week solution to keep it away. seems to work and not harming plants. plus i have plant base coverd with black 4mil plastic.

MBS

Ok guys and gals if any out there. they all seem to be doing fine except for a cal-mg "deficiancy"(is that spelled right?) probably not.
Anyway, it seems that this strain does not like 5.6PH so i'm head to 5.8 to see if thats what they want as they are also showing signs of over feeding not to be confused with over watering.

water level are droping but ppm's are climing fast. So to day i added 2.5gal of water and brought ppm's down to 900@.5 conversion.

this is what confuses me as my meter does both (.5 and .7) which to use?
guess i'll figure it out but i would listen if anyone had knowledge on this subject.

i been getting rid of a few new fan leaves. only one's that seem to be covering potential bud sites. i've been keepin top of canopy open to let in as much light as possible. it seems to work but i'm sure it's slowing vert growth. I guess I'll veg as long as need to scrog this grow.

will post new px soon,

MBS

Pick a scale and stick with it. 'EC' is probably significant, the rest less so.
Such a deal :smokin:
PPM-EC-C2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom