A Four Strain Barney’s Farm Grow

Good morning, it feels good to have another grow going. I’m always amazed at how fast this plant grows. They literally change before my eyes. Or so it seems. Day 10 :)
Looking good stinker!
I’m making an effort to finish off some older cured bud to make some room, less jars. It’s funny but it’s always some of the best bud that makes it to the end. Here is some White Widow from early 2021 that needs to be smoked now. I'll suffer through.
That's funny, I'm doing the same, I just decarbed some 2 year old White Widow to use up some stock!
I've just got into making hash with some of the weed I've got hanging around. I'm enjoying some lemon AK hash as I type.
Hey Listers, if it can be a quick response as I don't want to burden you with a long one, but what was the approach you took to make hash, and did it turn out well?

Looking good stinker!

That's funny, I'm doing the same, I just decarbed some 2 year old White Widow to use up some stock!

Hey Listers, if it can be a quick response as I don't want to burden you with a long one, but what was the approach you took to make hash, and did it turn out well?
I've got a trim tray for frozen dry sift to make keif*
I tried three processes to make the keif into hash.
1, was just to rap it in clingfilm and put it in my shoe....by far the easiest, results are not consistent, sometimes good hash others just pressed pollen like Lebanese.
2, frenchie canoli style (think that's his name) rolling the keif with a hot water wine bottle. Good results, but...very time consuming and dangerous.

My favourite going forward
3, Afghanistan black hash style..simply heating the keif in a pan with a couple ml of water, then massage/work in your Palm to activate oils..
By far my favourite...easy and tastiest.
I found a video online of some Afghan bloke doing it for real...if I can find it again I'll pm it to you stunger.
Sorry stinker for the takeover, seems I'm not good at short answers.

I've got a trim tray for frozen dry sift to make keif*
I tried three processes to make the keif into hash.
1, was just to rap it in clingfilm and put it in my shoe....by far the easiest, results are not consistent, sometimes good hash others just pressed pollen like Lebanese.
2, frenchie canoli style (think that's his name) rolling the keif with a hot water wine bottle. Good results, but...very time consuming and dangerous.

3, Afghanistan black hash style..simply heating the keif in a pan with a couple ml of water, then massage/work in your Palm to activate oils..
I found a video online of some Afghan bloke doing it for real...if I can find it again I'll pm it to you stunger.
Thanks for the answer Listers. I'm sure stinker will be good with the discussion. After all, we are all backing the same horse!

I similarly saw a vid of I think someone Afghani who was gently heating kief in a pan and hand working it where it got all nice and pliable. That looked very appealing.

I think I will get one of the those dry sift trays for the future, as they work well for collecting the kief when trimming. I currently have a saved marble sized bit of scissor hash that I was thinking to try with the clingfilm in the shoe. Or else put it in my Ardent decarb machine and decarb it with some weed. Cheers.

Hahaha suffer through.....your funny, those nugs look awesome. But yea I love growing I couldn't agree more....when you see them day to day you can see the even the slightest growth and it rewarding.

But your doing great keep it up.
Thank you Happy. It needs to be done... I love watching them grow
So tasty...
rosin press sounds like a great idea.
Rosin looks so Clean. I need to get on getting one. :cool:
Looking good stinker!
Thanks Stunger. I have a jar of mostly lower bud and good trim that I will be decarbing. I started adding some older bud but decided to smoke the last of this Widow. I will add another good oz from last years outdoor and make a strong batch of infused oil.
Cool, I would be interested as well.:ganjamon:

No problem. Info and discussions are always welcome ...

:passitleft:

When I lived in the states I made dry ice kief with the excess and pressed that into hash. Towards the end I was slow heating it dry in a double boiler, and then pressing. Good stuff.
-------------

Its been hot and we don't have air. Being hotter than optimal, watering habits were adjusted and the soil was kept wetter than normal. Tomorrow they will be slow watered and fed to runoff. Hopefully Friday - day 14, Sat. at latest the best 8 will go into their final 2 Gal bags.

IMG_1663.JPG

This way of getting kief looks so efficient. Looked into it myself years ago but the dry ice was quite hard to get in England . You had to go through theatres and such...alot easier now, I may revisit.
Bubble bags looks the next efficiency, the dry sift I do seems less efficient but less messing around than bubble bags.
Dry Ice works great if you can find it.
Thanks for the video.

Today I prepped & filled the 2 gal grow bags with soil, covered the tops and brought them inside so as to retain as much moisture as possible. Its hot outside, there could also be bugs. The soil was prepped and bulk bagged a couple weeks ago. ID tags were made today from a milk carton. I’ll transplant the best 2 of each strain in the morning for 8, with a bonus Mimosa x. The Mimosa was started a few days after the rest as an afterthought, it will go in a 1 gal. The plan today for all is a short 21 day veg with little to no training.

I'm looking forward to watching these grow out - Kush Mintz, White Widow, Blue Gelato 41 & the Critical Kush.

Happy grows :peace:

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

Its raining and humid today. Earlier this morning I uppotted the 9 and labeled the bags. I'm getting too old to be doing this stuff on my knees. Its time to make a workstation. :cool:

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

Hello, I haven't been feeling well for a couple days. Yesterday afternoon and last night were rough. I just took a Covid test and Its positive. This is nasty, back to bed now. Hopefully I start feeling better soon. :peace:

Hello, I haven't been feeling well for a couple days. Yesterday afternoon and last night were rough. I just took a Covid test and Its positive. This is nasty, back to bed now. Hopefully I start feeling better soon. :peace:
Take it easy stinker, I hope you're soon feeling much improved!

Take it easy stinker, I hope you're soon feeling much improved!
Me too. Thank you Stunger!

Plants look good, nice roots too. I hope the rona doesn't knock you around too much.

Thanks, JJ. I'll be flipping this weekend. This virus hits hard. But, I had to check the plants, check in and now go back to bed. :peace:

IMG_1677.JPG

I'm starting to feel a little better today. :ganjamon:

Today everything received the 2nd full watering with food. Yesterday I decided to keep the 3rd White Widow and uppotted it to a taller, narrow 5 liter hard pot. The Mimosa x was treated the same as the others, being 5 or 6 days younger she is showing some stress, I believe it is due to the light distance and intensity. Light Stress! It should recover soon. The light is now now at 85% and 20". I like @Mars Hydro :cool: Will be flipping to 12/12 on Saturday, tomorrow is the last day of 18/6. :peace:

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

I am glad you're feeling better. I recently caught covid for the first time after years of, well you know, and it was like the weakest cold I ever had. I was over it in 3 days and only had some body ache. I have seen more people test positive for covid in the past few weeks than I have over the entire last few years. Strange times indeed...

Your plants have awesome structure and tight internodal spacing. I predict densely packed buds in your future.

I am glad you're feeling better. I recently caught covid for the first time after years of, well you know, and it was like the weakest cold I ever had. I was over it in 3 days and only had some body ache. I have seen more people test positive for covid in the past few weeks than I have over the entire last few years. Strange times indeed...

Your plants have awesome structure and tight internodal spacing. I predict densely packed buds in your future.

Thanks, EZ. I expected worse, I think. I did my best to avoid it but still got sick. Wish I felt better now. :)

A few of this batch are super tight and bursting with lower growth. All growth at the first node's was removed early. I try to leave the single blade as long as pos, it keeps the nodes tight. Sometimes they droop too low and touch the soil.

Good morning. Its been a few days since the flip and the tent is filling up fast now. The 2 gal. bags are now getting 1.5 liters every 3rd day.
Another grow, another squeaky fan. These clip fans don't last me very long at all. I'm thinking of mounting a box fan horizontally at the top of the tent. :peace:

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

Good morning. I get fungus gnats after uppotting and the first couple full waterings. It starts slow but they multiply fast. Lately I treat with Solbac :rip:, a BT product.

The plants have a nice green color now and are filling out the tent. When flipped I thought they looked rather small. Now I see they will be a good size. Another full tent for sure. :)

The bags were nearly dry this morning and were given some water to hold them over. After tonight's lights on water/feed/solbac treatment we will transition to a 48 hr water/feed cycle. Other than some defoliation, this is a no training grow. The plan is to shoot for big main colas.

Happy grows :peace:

IMG_1695.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

I hate fungus gnats. I use diatomaceous earth. Have you ever tried using it? After watering and the top soil becomes dry I will sprinkle DE over the entire surface of the soil. If any wets spots appear sprinkle some more. Then wait until the soil is completely dry and plants just start to wilt, water again and repeat. Usually the completely dry soil will drive them out and once they touch DE...ded. I also use the yellow sticky monitoring traps with squares on them placed around the top soil. Its awesome to watch the daily numbers of gnats drop just by using DE.

Back
Top Bottom