A Grow Trailer Is No Place For A Kitty - First Outdoor Grow

tokampstra

"A dope trailer is no place for a kitty"

Well it's legal to grow in Oregon now so here goes!
:tokin:

I'm doing an outdoor grow for a larger yield, and because this is my first time growing cannabis and I didn't want to be too overwhelmed with the added cost of indoor and the steep learning curve with all the nutrients, temps, humidity, etc. I want nature to do most of the work and I'll help where I can and learn about the cannabis plant along the way. That, and everyone does indoor and I am the type of person that likes to do things differently then what is popular.

Plus it would be dope to have some massive trees in my backyard:morenutes:

I have recently done a lot of work in my backyard to clean it up and make raised beds veggie gardens and an herb garden.

here is what I'm working with...
IMG_321013.JPG

IMG_321217.JPG

IMG_321114.JPG

I only have 2 clones right now. They are White Ice, and Vortex. My internet search on them came up with mixed results so if anyone can clarify what these are that would be great. I'll post my findings later. I have transplanted them into 1 gallon plastic pots for now, and have 10 gallon felt bags once they get root bound in the 1 gallons. I am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, and Supernatural Gro Terra 20-20-20 for nutrients. I plan on getting more nutrients as I research and get an idea of what I want to do.

I bought my clones on 4/20/16, and no that was not planned, but I did celebrate...
20160420_184139.jpg

This is the White Ice after transplanting to 1 gallon pots.
20160507_225227.jpg

20160507_225256.jpg
20160507_225304.jpg

This is the Vortex
20160507_225353.jpg
20160507_225345.jpg
20160507_225319.jpg

Just watering them now. The guy at the Indoor Grow Depot on Mcloughlin Blvd told me that the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil will have enough nutrients for 3-4 weeks. He also suggested the Supernatural Gro Terra. I told him this was my first grow and that I didn't have a whole lot of knowledge other then what I have heard my friend HowsJosh talk about for years. He has a grow journal on this site also Howsjosh's First Grow

20160516_202730.jpg
20160516_202746.jpg

Some pics from the other day. I also found a lady bug in my kitchen so I moved it out to the plants :goodjob:
IMG_319312.JPG
IMG_319213.JPG
IMG_31919.JPG
IMG_319014.JPG
IMG_318912.JPG
IMG_318817.JPG
IMG_318717.JPG
IMG_318613.JPG
IMG_318514.JPG
IMG_318417.JPG

I also topped both plants. The White Ice is the one I put the lady bug on. It is bigger and bushier than the Vortex. It looks like the White Ice may have been topped before I got it. The White Ice has two tall main branches and two smaller branches perpendicular to the taller ones. I topped the two taller ones in hopes that the other two smaller ones will catch up to the bigger branches. Once they catch up I will top them also giving me 8 tops. I am going to let them heal for a day or two and then start some Low Resistance Training (LST) where I will tie down the branches to expose the inner flower sites.

The vortex is pretty symmetrical with one main branch that goes straight up so topping that was pretty straight forward.
:welldone:

I did some LST today and got my main two branches on the White Ice pulled down about 30°
IMG_319414.JPG
IMG_320015.JPG
IMG_319713.JPG
IMG_319614.JPG

I noticed that the leaves were getting a little yellow so despite the rainy weather I decided to do a light feeding with a dab of molasses mixed in. The plants stay mostly out of the rain by being under the roof and the soil drains really well so I am not too worried about over watering.

Also trying to figure out what this is... they have been a day or two with no sun because of the shitty weather. We are supposed to get some sun tomorrow but then rain and clouds for the rest of the week.
IMG_319811.JPG

IMG_319811.JPG

So I was trimming some of the very low leaves off of the White Ice the other day and one of the ones I cut off was big enough that I thought maybe it might clone. I did not have high hopes for it surviving but its been almost a week not and it looks great. there is something about how the stalk of it looks also. it looks like it has grabbed a hold of the soil or something. Time will tell I guess.
IMG_320411.JPG
IMG_320314.JPG
IMG_319014.JPG

I'm not sure what to do with this little branch on the White Ice. It must branch off of the main branch under the soil. Should I cut her off and turn her into a clone? or just leave her on there? My concern is that it will never get as big as the rest of the plant and will need to be cut later on anyways so why have the plant waste energy on it. Maybe I should wait and see how it does...
IMG_320910.JPG
IMG_320812.JPG

nice I like your grow journal pretty detailed and you made the top look all cool and stuff... The great thing about outdoor is when you take a picture you don't have this bright purple light in it... I liked that you dropped my link in there that was cool... as for the little branch on the back of the white ice, I have one of those on my cookie-fi and I just weighed it down the opposite way of the top one... but I have the exact same thought... should I turn this into a clone... I guess I'll wait and see lol...

Back
Top Bottom