A Lovely Lady And A Grumpy Old Man Growing In Newfoundland Fall 2023

Day 156 – *Final* update

Well it’s all over. The balance was chopped and hung on Friday Feb 9. Even though she was still drinking I don’t think she was getting any bigger or denser. It was time. The nugs on the second portion of the harvest weren’t near as dense as the first batch. Most were lower in the optimal light zone so it was to be expected I guess. Hung her up in the tent with controlled environment at 55% RH and temp. 21 Deg C. for 9 days. When I trimmed up the second batch before putting it into the jars I found a lot of seeds. I definitely got 50+ seeds out of the plant and I expect to find more as I grind it for smoking down the road. I was curious if this was going to affect the quality of the high/smoke so I snuck in a smoke of her yesterday and it was pretty good. Wasn’t harsh on the throat and it burned well considering it hasn’t cured yet. The buzz/high I got from it was noticeable almost right away. I smoked a joint approx. ¾ of a gram in size and I had that nice heady feeling and up lifted buzz for about ½ hour. I did notice that it didn’t last all that long. At least not the heady high, but for an hour or so I could still tell I had smoked. It was short and sweet. I’m hoping once cured for a while the high will last longer.

It was an up and down grow. Lost 2 plants that hermied on me. And this one has lots of seeds too. Hopefully some of the seeds are viable. They look ok. I made some mistakes along the way and would definitely do a few things differently next time, but not bad. I am looking forward to one day being able to afford products to get my set up dialed in with a controller unit and products to use with it to maintain the ideal environment at all times (heater, humidifier etc). She produced 5 oz of good looking buds so I’m happy. Nowhere near a pound, which is my one day goal, but I didn’t try to push her. And for untested seeds it was alright. A new Journal is coming soon thanks in part to @CoastalMarySeeds . Stay tuned.

IMG_6419.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg

Day 156 – *Final* update

Well it’s all over. The balance was chopped and hung on Friday Feb 9. Even though she was still drinking I don’t think she was getting any bigger or denser. It was time. The nugs on the second portion of the harvest weren’t near as dense as the first batch. Most were lower in the optimal light zone so it was to be expected I guess. Hung her up in the tent with controlled environment at 55% RH and temp. 21 Deg C. for 9 days. When I trimmed up the second batch before putting it into the jars I found a lot of seeds. I definitely got 50+ seeds out of the plant and I expect to find more as I grind it for smoking down the road. I was curious if this was going to affect the quality of the high/smoke so I snuck in a smoke of her yesterday and it was pretty good. Wasn’t harsh on the throat and it burned well considering it hasn’t cured yet. The buzz/high I got from it was noticeable almost right away. I smoked a joint approx. ¾ of a gram in size and I had that nice heady feeling and up lifted buzz for about ½ hour. I did notice that it didn’t last all that long. At least not the heady high, but for an hour or so I could still tell I had smoked. It was short and sweet. I’m hoping once cured for a while the high will last longer.

It was an up and down grow. Lost 2 plants that hermied on me. And this one has lots of seeds too. Hopefully some of the seeds are viable. They look ok. I made some mistakes along the way and would definitely do a few things differently next time, but not bad. I am looking forward to one day being able to afford products to get my set up dialed in with a controller unit and products to use with it to maintain the ideal environment at all times (heater, humidifier etc). She produced 5 oz of good looking buds so I’m happy. Nowhere near a pound, which is my one day goal, but I didn’t try to push her. And for untested seeds it was alright. A new Journal is coming soon thanks in part to @CoastalMarySeeds . Stay tuned.

IMG_6419.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg
Congratulations 👌👌 some nice looking stash you have there! I'd love to grind one of thos buds up 🤤 how's your curing game?? I have had flower not get me too high or just not as long become a solid smoke after a long cure.. also grove bags were night and day for me 👍 since I went from jars to grove bags my flower was far far better. I still have jars but I hit the bags first untill my bud is exactly how I like it then jar it up for storage.

Congratulations 👌👌 some nice looking stash you have there! I'd love to grind one of thos buds up 🤤 how's your curing game?? I have had flower not get me too high or just not as long become a solid smoke after a long cure.. also grove bags were night and day for me 👍 since I went from jars to grove bags my flower was far far better. I still have jars but I hit the bags first untill my bud is exactly how I like it then jar it up for storage.
Thanks. I haven’t tried the bags. Maybe one day. It’s all in jars, been burped steadily since. 2 or 3 ounces will cure for 3-4 months before smoking. The rest I’ll probably start smoking after a 4 or 5 weeks. I have a jar of BB that’s almost at 6 months now. Popping her open for smoking in March. Can’t wait.

Back
Top Bottom