A thread for the users of Mars-Hydro lamps

Absolutely. You only need 2. Using 4 is just my personal preference

Oh I see. So with the wire it comes with and a pair of yoyos should be suffice?

Hey everyone, I have the mars II 400 that I'm planning to use in a 60x60x170cm tent. Would adding a mars II 700 be overkill or even an additional 400? Just wanting to make sure I have enough watts!

As the Mars II 400 is giving you around 250 real watts (compared to HPS) you would have a total of 500 watts in the tent with an additional Mars II 400. I don't think that will be overkill. It is plenty though

Hey everyone, I have the mars II 400 that I'm planning to use in a 60x60x170cm tent. Would adding a mars II 700 be overkill or even an additional 400? Just wanting to make sure I have enough watts!

As the Mars II 400 is giving you around 250 real watts (compared to HPS) you would have a total of 500 watts in the tent with an additional Mars II 400. I don't think that will be overkill. It is plenty though

Thank you, DeVille! How many plants do you think I could get away with growing if I added an additional mars II 400?

I do believe you should consider their Pro-series over Mars II though :) Mars II are not bad lamps at all. I'm just saying if you want the little extra - a little more speed and just a little bigger buds the Pro series are more efficient. Perhaps a Mars pro II 80 instead of the 400? It gives around 200 real watts but I believe those 200 watts will give you happier and healthier plants compared to a Mars II. They're also easier to fix at home if they should break. You only need a screw-iron and they'll guide you through the entire process

001_big_bud.jpg

in a 60x60? Think I would do 2 plants with scrog. Either that or 4-6 small plants in a more sea of green like thing. It depends a little on your training techniques and so on. What are you thinking?

Thank you, DeVille! How many plants do you think I could get away with growing if I added an additional mars II 400?

Due to the limited size and height of your tent I would strongly recommend to consider 2 plants in a scrog system. That would maximize potential yield from your setup.

I did the same in an 80x80x160 with 2 plants. Got around 350 grams from that with the first pro series (160)

Due to the limited size and height of your tent I would strongly recommend to consider 2 plants in a scrog system. That would maximize potential yield from your setup.

I did the same in an 80x80x160 with 2 plants. Got around 350 grams from that with the first pro series (160)

I was wanting to go with 2 plants, and I still think that's the plan. I will be using auto seeds for my first grow and eventually would like a bigger tent and to experience different growing techniques! The pro epistar series does look nice. Could always use it in the upgraded tent later on as well. I'm definitely set on getting another light just have to make a decision!

WARNING! Parts of this post is a duplicate from my journal :) Just felt the theme fitted in both threads. The text is however modified to be more lamp related, non lamp related info have mostly been removed and the text is slightly more informational in the version for this thread.

I keep hitting refresh on the keyboard and I saw today that my 4x Mars Pro II 80's have finally entered the country and are now on their way to me
:) That's so nice. So exited right now, think I'm hitting refresh like 5 times per hour or so. Last time I hit F5 they were about a 3,5 hours drive away from me.

I have been growing with and therefore also been a fan of the Mars Pro series lamps since they released the first one with the famously buggy remote controller. That one is still running as good as when it was brand new and after I figured out a hack for the remote controller, it's a true pleasure of a lamp. I find this one to be such a delight because I can adjust the lamp to very specific needs like cloning, seedlings and so on. I love being able to adjust the spectrum myself. I do think they have plans to put this functionality back in future lamps. Maybe Sara can comment on that? If I remember correctly you were talking about a lamp you can control with your telephone?

Anyway - I am extremely exited. The reason for my excitement is that I know the 80's have the same quality components as the lamps I already own. The lamps that produced so much high quality cannabis for me the past 2-3 years. I honestly can't remember which year the Pro series came, but I know that the difference between the first and second pro series is that the remote controller was replaced with vegg and bloom buttons. I do however love them both to death for the amazing results they keep giving me.

What I love about the new member of the pro series, in my case the 80's, is the extra flexibility they give the lamps with the U-connector system. Very smart, very flexible and can fit into any growroom shape.

Take a look at these example photos:
pro_80_-_1.jpg
pro_80.jpg

Then you have the 4x Mars bar 48 - I sadly won't receive those with this package. They will arrive a little later in a separate package. I think the ones I receive will be the 60cm light-bars. The 120cm ones were sold out. They are mainly for the sides of the tent and I am hoping they'll make a big difference even if they're only pulling 50 watt each (60cm and 120cm both have same wattage). You see - All in all the 8 lamps will pull a total of 1000 watts from the wall. That's really perfect for a 120x120x200 tent. Should also be the perfect setup for scrog I believe. Am very interested in finding out how much difference these side-bars can make. I have big hopes.
bar_48.jpg

I can think of a million other uses as well for these bars - for example to attach them on the top of the windows in the house - for keeping your house-plants green and alive during the winter. I bet these bars would do that perfectly. They're also full spectrum which means they can be used for any stage of growth. The bars would also easily fit inside a closet, so I guess they'll work fine for cloning as well. That I intend to test of course. To make a little cloning station and try to root them under the bars. Think they'll do a fine job on that. Anyone know anyone who ever tried to use these for rooting clones?

WARNING! Parts of this post is a duplicate from my journal :) Just felt the theme fitted in both threads. The text is however modified to be more lamp related, non lamp related info have mostly been removed and the text is slightly more informational in the version for this thread.

I keep hitting refresh on the keyboard and I saw today that my 4x Mars Pro II 80's have finally entered the country and are now on their way to me
:) That's so nice. So exited right now, think I'm hitting refresh like 5 times per hour or so. Last time I hit F5 they were about a 3,5 hours drive away from me.

I have been growing with and therefore also been a fan of the Mars Pro series lamps since they released the first one with the famously buggy remote controller. That one is still running as good as when it was brand new and after I figured out a hack for the remote controller, it's a true pleasure of a lamp. I find this one to be such a delight because I can adjust the lamp to very specific needs like cloning, seedlings and so on. I love being able to adjust the spectrum myself. I do think they have plans to put this functionality back in future lamps. Maybe Sara can comment on that? If I remember correctly you were talking about a lamp you can control with your telephone?

Anyway - I am extremely exited. The reason for my excitement is that I know the 80's have the same quality components as the lamps I already own. The lamps that produced so much high quality cannabis for me the past 2-3 years. I honestly can't remember which year the Pro series came, but I know that the difference between the first and second pro series is that the remote controller was replaced with vegg and bloom buttons. I do however love them both to death for the amazing results they keep giving me.

What I love about the new member of the pro series, in my case the 80's, is the extra flexibility they give the lamps with the U-connector system. Very smart, very flexible and can fit into any growroom shape.

Take a look at these example photos:
pro_80_-_1.jpg
pro_80.jpg

Then you have the 4x Mars bar 48 - I sadly won't receive those with this package. They will arrive a little later in a separate package. I think the ones I receive will be the 60cm light-bars. The 120cm ones were sold out. They are mainly for the sides of the tent and I am hoping they'll make a big difference even if they're only pulling 50 watt each (60cm and 120cm both have same wattage). You see - All in all the 8 lamps will pull a total of 1000 watts from the wall. That's really perfect for a 120x120x200 tent. Should also be the perfect setup for scrog I believe. Am very interested in finding out how much difference these side-bars can make. I have big hopes.
bar_48.jpg

I can think of a million other uses as well for these bars - for example to attach them on the top of the windows in the house - for keeping your house-plants green and alive during the winter. I bet these bars would do that perfectly. They're also full spectrum which means they can be used for any stage of growth. The bars would also easily fit inside a closet, so I guess they'll work fine for cloning as well. That I intend to test of course. To make a little cloning station and try to root them under the bars. Think they'll do a fine job on that. Anyone know anyone who ever tried to use these for rooting clones?

I wanted to get one of the bars as well. Seems to be a nice addition to a grow setup I'm hoping they have more in stock soon!

Not sure how autos would work in scrog. They kinda flower when they feel like it independent of how filled the net is. You could also do for example 8-12 really small autos in small pots. Then you would achieve that sea of green effect and perhaps get a very good yield. I don't know. Autos are a little outside of my area of knowledge. Just recently began experimenting with those

I was wanting to go with 2 plants, and I still think that's the plan. I will be using auto seeds for my first grow and eventually would like a bigger tent and to experience different growing techniques! The pro epistar series does look nice. Could always use it in the upgraded tent later on as well. I'm definitely set on getting another light just have to make a decision!

What kind of Mars-Hydro gear do you own?

I have

1x Mars Pro Epistar 160 (2015) 400 watt
The one and only series with remote controller, adjustable spectrum and all sort of fancy stuff. Works perfect if you remember to remove the batteries from the remote-controller after programming the lamp. If you don't you'll get a surprise when the batteries run out of power :) Your lamp will reset and your plants possibly re-vegg. Love this lamp for mother-plants, cloning and other tasks that need an adjustable lamp like this. Highest I've been able to produce was 350g with scrog in a 80x80x160 tent. The "Remote controller hack" work for all the first generation pro-series lamps - Just a little tip if this has been frustrating you

3x Mars pro II Epistar 320 (2016) 800 watt
The workhorses for my main grow-room. Two is installed permanent, one is spare. Produce beautiful and consistent results round after round. You can check out how they perform in my grow-journals

4x Mars Pro II Epistar 80 (2017) 200 watt
Still not used

4x Mars Bar 24 (2017) 50 watt
Still not used

1x Mars grow-tent 120x120x200cm (2017)
Being set up as we speak

Think I'll have to buy a 5th Mars Pro II Epistar 80. I don't feel safe unless I have a spare lamp. Especially during flowering it's essential

Hi :) I'm DeVille, and I am a happy user of several Mars-Hydro products. Right now I own 4 lamps and am waiting for 8 more. I am Pro series user and I have had fantastic results with this series of lamps. In my subjective view they did outperform HD/HID lamps in the same setup. So I bought more of them and never looked back!

I own:

3x Mars Pro II Epistar 320's

They pull around 800 watt each from the wall and they perform amazing. Sturdy produced and they do have a good quality feel to them.

1x Mars Pro Epistar 160
This was their first pro series lamp. It came with a remote controller that allows you to adjust the light to your own preferences. That makes this lamp perfect for anything from rooting clones to flowering plants. Sadly this lamp had one faulty part, and that was the remote controller. I do not know if it's a bug in the software or what it is, but it keep changing the programs now and then. And that's not good if you use it for flowering. There is a simple workaround though which I am using. After I program the lamp, I remove the batteries from the remote controller. That way the lamp will work perfect and keep your program. This lamp has been running continuously here for two years now and it's still performing as when it was new.

I am currently waiting for the following gear to arrive in the post:
This is gear I did not pay any money for, but instead won in a 3 month long growing contest. I won the third Mars Hydro cup in the category "Best grow journal" This is however a prize for a contest I won - in other words not sponsored but hard earned stuff!

4x Mars Pro II 80's

4 of these are the same as one of the 320's. The cool thing about this series is the flexibility. You can put them together into one big lamp or keep them as separate entities. I have yet to test the 80's, but I know they have the same chip and bulbs as the other lamps I am using so I can already guarantee my own happiness with them.

4x grow bar 24 LED
These I never tested. I do believe they are full spectrum and that they are using Epistar bulbs. I am extremely curious to see how they perform in real life. I want to test how much more yield you get out of putting 4 of these into a tent on top of your normal lights.

1 grow tent 120x120x200cm
The Mars-Hydro tents are affordable and I see they use steel where most use plastic, so I have a good feeling about it. The company's engineers are always open to hear ideas from us growers in order to keep on improving their products. When it comes to their tents, never tried one. But I already have been sharing some ideas with the company they will look into if it's possible to solve.

Been using another brand for tent who I am uncertain of when it comes to sponsoring 420, so I am not going to mention that company's name. I am however very happy with that tent as well, so it will be a pleasure to compare them to each other and see what's what! Here's the Mars-Hydro tent I am waiting for in the mail now.

1 pair of LED grow light glasses

Kinda have never needed sunglasses when growing, but I am hearing that with side-bars in the tent it becomes so bright you can't look at it directly without glasses. We'll see :) The cool thing about these glasses is that you can take photos through them and then the colors will look normal instead of purplish. Great for those who don't know how to set the white balance on their camera's. The best thing about them however is that they fit on top of my regular glasses so I can wear them both. That's great! I could't have used them otherwise.

I also own some of their YoYo hangers. Strong good products that keep your lamps elevated indeed - but frankly There's nothing special about them. They're the same as every other yoyo hanger out there. They are sturdy and I like sturdy, so I will use them.

What kind of Mars-Hydro gear do you own and how do you like it? What's good/bad about it? Tell us all about it. But don't turn it into a Mars-Hydro hater thread. I would like this thread to be for and by users of Mars-Hydro products and not a thread for haters of LED or Mars Hydro as a company. I would like this to be a place where we talk about the lamps, give each other tips and tricks about them and in general help each other pick the right kind of lamp.
'
I feel it is extremely important for me to add that I am in no way afflicted with the Mars-Hydro company and I am writing this of my own free will. I have nothing to gain from writing this.

Why? I simply like the products because they have a good prize/quality ratio and they do perform very well. Therefore I think growers should know about them before they waste their money on something that doesn't deliver as promised. I feel another thing is also important to add - I can only speak for the pro-series with the Epistar bulbs. That is the only ones I have ever tried frTom Mars-Hydro. I love them!

Fantastic review, gonna pass this thread along lot of good info.

The MH-Powerhouse is halfway up and running now. Have to re-pot these two into autopots and hang up the two remaining 80's. Then I hope the bars will be here soon so I can add those as well.

01_setup.jpg
02_setup.jpg

Is there anyone here using the Mars grow-bar lights?

Back
Top Bottom