Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

I don't know if they sell Voltcraft PH meters over in the US, they do excellent quality units at very reasonable prices. :)

I am trying to stick with it BAR, if i do start over, I will start over with same light set up. I am just worried that due to all my screw ups may no longer be valid test.

I am determined to get some more info on LED vs LED. I feel it a big need in the MMJ growing community, none of us want to get taken advantage of :) We need some more trailblazers like Ronnie and I trying these side by sides, Ronnie is putting me to shame now though :(, his side by side is rocking it! But I understand why people are not, it is a PITA.

Honestly not looked around much on other sites, but so far his and mine only ones I found that are direct side by sides. Only other direct comparisons I have seen between LED and LED is just PAR readings and the such. That is great data, but the ultimate test will always be how the plants respond.

Edit: One learns MUCH more from failure then success, so all good in the hood:)

Yea going to grow store across river this weekend running out of nutes, these bigger reservoirs really make you go through them fast. My bank account is starting to hurt, been on 32 hour weeks for 6 months now and starting to catch up to me, so was going to try and avoid it, but think it necessary.

any recommendations on good pH tester <$100?

with the larger res you can go longer between res changes , with a 10 gal res for one plant I'd do a change every 14 days.

I had a Hanna that was <100 but I didn't like it . so I got a blu lab that worked great.

It was this one on Amazon:

Bluelab pH Pen for Plant Germination : Meter Ph

ronnie660.jpg

$80 bucks out of my bank account....but Blue lab pH pen on the way. I have heard good things about them before.

Thanks Ronnie, + reps for good recommendation!

No problem brother, blu lab has great warranty service , don't even have to ship old one to them , just one phone call new meter in the mail. Thanks for the reps :)

No problem brother, blu lab has great warranty service , don't even have to ship old one to them , just one phone call new meter in the mail. Thanks for the reps :)

I know you have one that stays in water whole time now, but with pen should i use the storage solution when not in use?

going to be using it basically every day, so seems like waste?

I know you have one that stays in water whole time now, but with pen should i use the storage solution when not in use?

going to be using it basically every day, so seems like waste?

no just keep the sponge in the cap wet , instructions will walk you through everything. :)

You've made a good choice with blu lab, just make sure you keep it clean (wash with de-ionised or distilled water after every use) & don't let the tip dry out. :thumb:

Re: Advanced LED vs TopLED side by side comparison Hawaiian Snow and Brainstorm

Photo update flower day 38

Not much change since last update, pH been stable for HS, ppm ~700, just watered Blueberry with gallon of RO water and 1.5 grams of shooting powder, seeing if i can get some bud swell, so far not much. As you can see some parts of plants not getting good light, the HS got out of control. And the BB is so far from light because of it, can not judge the lack of bud swell.

anyhow Top LED on left Advanced on right.
DSCN21636.JPG
DSCN21644.JPG
DSCN21655.JPG
DSCN21666.JPG
DSCN21672.JPG
DSCN21682.JPG
DSCN21692.JPG
DSCN21702.JPG

After pictures I cleared out lots of the lower junk on the BB.

If I run this test again, probably just one plant.

Crawdaddy,

That looks awesome. You have waaaaay to much time on your hands to do this. I barely have time for my girls.

Maui

Crawdaddy,

That looks awesome. You have waaaaay to much time on your hands to do this. I barely have time for my girls.

Maui

LOL wish I had more time. But since growing weed will not pay the bills have to work for a living :( Maybe in the coming years it will, seeing how the whole legalization things plays out here in WA, I really hate they way they doing it compared to CO.

I feel that the question of what LED panel is best for the money is a VERY LARGE unanswered question in the growing community, leaving us open to scammers making inflated claims to justify their high price points.

Crawdaddy, I am with you. I have to work as well. Kinda sucks but oh well.

Washington state is easy to explain..... the people want it to happen and the legislators don't. So they are going to try and tax it to death and make it virtually impossible to sell out of a store. The people will finally get their fill of these legislators that forget that they are there for the people, not the other way around. They think all citizens are sheeple and need to be led. Well I for one don't do so well with that. I would love to see every incumbent get the boot. That would send a clear signal that we the people are pissed.

As for the different LED's on the market, it would be great if I or someone else that could actually have 2 tents growing for a better comparison. My hat is off to you for growing them the way you did. Quite frankly I am not so sure that I am that smart. That was a hell of an idea for the divider.

I have bought the Mars II 1200 and are just waiting for the GDP to finish. Then we clean the tent (Powdery Mildew), yank the old HID light along with the ducting and fan. Then in goes my TopLED Mars.

Maui

Great idea Maui kick those snake oil salesman to the curb we dont want anymore of your poison tonics.

The plants look great!

I just ordered 2 new top leds. and this thread help with that so thanks!!

Keep up the great work!That BB is looking tasty :high-five:

Re: Advanced LED vs TopLED side by side comparison Hawaiian Snow and Brainstorm

Well I trashed the plants, checked them for mites and still living mites on them, to late to spray and I so disappointed with grow as it is, was last straw, plants are in the trash, tent is being cleaned and moved.

I have a good plan for new setup, will consist of 1 clone of Hawaiian Snow on each side that are now about 18" tall and not topped sharing a common res. I will probably top once, not sure on this yet, and veg for a while to see if much difference in veg between lights, then flower.

anyhow here are the final pics. top LED on left..

DSCN21884.JPG
DSCN21897.JPG
DSCN21905.JPG
DSCN21915.JPG
DSCN21924.JPG
DSCN21934.JPG
DSCN21942.JPG
DSCN21953.JPG
DSCN21966.JPG
DSCN21972.JPG

Sorry to all for blowing this so far.

My inconclusive results are that the two lights are about equal in performance, but as I said still inconclusive as I blew it too much on this grow. Hopefully I will not disappoint with next two plants. Once it is setup I will post pics, be either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Sorry it all went south, CD...looking forward to version 2.0 :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom