Advice please

@Pennywise yea dude that 1'8" each way was massive yea i got same exact brand tent just 2 sizes down 5x5x6.5 i love it got my 550 hooked up put my 4 in there put my can and my intake added 2 full sized oscillating fans in there only think forgot to put bottom water pan liner it comes with ill put in next water change. Im 6ft4 so works great. So penny never flush in hydroponic just remix new rez same way as you been doing or a lighter solution. Side note i read the grow nute i use and if im correct it contains cal n mag alrdy, so im kinda over doing it when adding calmag. Relized this after water change yesterday. But this question is for anyone that uses a 2ndary reservoir, im goin on vacation soon and gone 8 days but i would need someone to atleast add fresh water and check ph, can go a day long without a rez change. But i have your basic 5g bucket dwc system it has a rubber drain line thats it that i assume would be removed to make them all connect to rez. Does anyone have any experience with this "being gone so long" or buying a universal reservoir that would work with my system please let me know. @Backlipslide , @Kismet @Emilya @West Hippie and anyone else that can help with advice on that

@Pennywise i dont even have a rez i have the 2-3.5g rez in each bucket, the black 5g buckets take a lil over 3.5g to reach bottom of net. And the old airlyft buckets i used only 2g to bottom of the 2nd bucket that goes in thats the actual pot. Alot bigger then a 6 inch net pot. I think those square buckets are 4g then actual pot with drain holes for root and water is like they took a second bucket and just made it half as tall and it slides right into taller rez. Holds alot more hydroton then the lil 6 inch bucket tops. For some reason i get a much bigger root ball with those buckets even those get more water and air exposure in the bucket tops. So ya anyways i dont currently have a 2ndary rez. But heres my new set up. Plants looking a lil nute burt but i just did water change yesterday. 1st picture is old tent which i now use as veg has hlg 260 4000k in there irs a 4x2. Second is new 5x5 flower tent with hlg 550 3000k. Just moved exhaust and can and intake over to that one. Relized prolly dont need 6 inch for 4x2 so when i get some extra money and ready to start again i would now if i wasnt leaving. Just get 4inch intake and exhaust for the 4x2. 3rd pic is a peak thru the window i havent flipped them. Debating weather to soon or veg super long and wait until like end of nov or dec 1 bc of my trip take suggestion on that too figured 1st 2 weeks are import after flipping all your final training, defoliation, all that stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-210003_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-210003_Gallery.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20191111-210015_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-210015_Gallery.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20191111-210022_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-210022_Gallery.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20191111-210029_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-210029_Gallery.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 17
@Pennywise thanks that's what ill do then still another 2 weeks. So 2 more changes flip and just do a light nute mix and hopefully find someone that can check atleasg every other day if not daily. For future growths id like someone to show me something with a rez.

@Pennywise thanks that's what ill do then still another 2 weeks. So 2 more changes flip and just do a light nute mix and hopefully find someone that can check atleasg every other day if not daily. For future growths id like someone to show me something with a rez.
Here’s one for you @bluter , he has a thread of diy rdwc . Reservoir

@Pennywise that chart or maybe @Kismet you gave it to me the one that has water lvl ec amd ph falling static or rising. So i only know how to work with ppm and ph. So if my waters falling ph rising dunno ec but in ppm falling water falling and ph rising was good eatinf drinking and using full spectrum 5.8-6.3 and eating bc ppm is falling. Which i believe is what u want but i think im not giving enough nutes now i went back to tap water ill mix 1 g of 2 to 3.5g depending which bucket or just dechlorinated tap water thats sat out 48 plus hrs get average 210 ppm with nutes gettinf betwwwn 490s to 530s i tjink or close i have to go back and see started a journal like u said. So maybe i should step up nutes these last 2 weeks up maybe another 1-200ppm so id be at 6-780s 2-300 of that ia the tap water.

@bluter was told u have a link for a diy reservoir i can add to my stand alone site dwc system?
Click on @bluter and in his signature you’ll see the rdwc diy , check it out ! He’s pretty busy with the Mc nutrients and sponsors grow with the Mc.

@Pennywise yes thanks for your help wouldn't know what to do with our you. @Kismet i checked out bluters rdwc they make that system in an 8 site top feed airlyft system i whole system with rez was like 385 or something but i think rez was gravity fed and not pump fed. Only reason i didnt get it. And i love top feed combined with dwc but i didnt put enough hydroton when i transplanted to final sites so ended up removing them because was it was dripping on my leaves causeing nutes to dry and the salt burn the leaves. Only reason i dont think id be able to do that setup this run because i used only 2 of my new 5g dwc sites and my 2 old airlyft buckets. So water levels arent the same and doesnt seem to be any type of float valve so if i were to build that with 2 diff types of buckets one holds 2g rez then the bucket to bottom of net from bucket top net is like 3.5g so i build a rez im assuming as long as pump is running should be fine i dont even have to do a top feed can just have it pippes in next to where airline goes in which would give me an additional 5g plus the aprrox 11 g that the 4 sites hold. But if pump were to fail i would think the system would backflow and try to lvl out all the water in all the sites thus some water lvl dropping lower then normal and others over flowing. Would have to make a backflow stopper on the setup so even if pump fails water level doesnt drop airpumps continue to dwc. Im not sure how to do that.

Here’s how I did the chart !
So i see your nute lvls are high bc ur in flower right? And just like penny and kismet said when u flip they will slow down a bit until buds start really booming.

@Pennywise so ive gone back to tap water alot less issues i still mix with 1g of spring water when i can ill pick up 5 a week to do rez change 1g spring rest dechlorinated tap water to get average reading of 200 ppm then with nutes in final weeks before flip im at 480 to 580 and its doin great. My cola stems on my quads are the size of my main stem on my 1st grow almost 1/2 inch wide if not bigger. Still very green not woody at all so can do training no probs. But u continue ur same nutes into 1st or 2nd week after flipping ? And after that i know u said u use tap and u come in around 3-400ppm where u at when u switch nutes to flower?

Back
Top Bottom