Aero cloner grow question: is it possible?

HigherTheHigh

Hello all!

So iv stopped growing in big tents as it takes to much room and my time, plus my health isnt the best to tackle big plants, so im planning on trying to cross breed some strains, ill be growing in a 90x60x90cm tent so only small plants.

I have an aero cloner like this pictured, im wanting to know if i could grow 2 small plants in it, i can change the top to a new sheet of plastic for only 2 holes, the plants will only be at most 12" high, topped at 6-7th node, i could also place an air stone in too.

1542819711978.png

T
It holds around 8L total, 30-35cm width, 50cm length, 30cm deep, rough sizes of it, yeah i can control ph daily if i need to, doesnt hydro take less time to grow?

It should work fine with a small plant but would be high maintenance as I suspect that once the solution level is set to below the 3" net pot there would not be 8 liters. It's 12" deep minus 4" for pot and airspace leaving 8" of water depth for the plants which is OK, I run 4-5" deep and works just great. You could build your top using 2" thick foam gaining 2" of water depth so you could get up to 10" water depth that way and increase your solution volume.

So like this is all reinventing wheels and such.

I am with AP on this.

It sounds like you are trying to use what you have to make what you can.

There are lots to consider for many various hydro styles. DWC may not be what you want to do. But if you do. Why not use a res gallons per plant ratio that makes reasonable sense? For very small plants like you want maybe you can do 2 gallons a plant effectively.

Or specifically your issue is you don't want big plants to deal with...I dont know exactly how hydro helps that. DWC is a lot more leg work unless you spend money on automation. That is something you need to consider for low work hydro.

If small plants is your big then why not grow clones and bloom them right away in 3 gallon pots?

The point of hydro is faster bigger plants.

Back
Top Bottom