Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Looking good Al. Have fun with harvest.
Make a playlist up, have food and drink readily available, two buckets with bin bags, one is for fan leaves, other is for good trim for hash to go to freezer.
Good scissors are braid fishing scissors, they cut thru anything, not too small.
I prefer hand trimming, get good charas on the scissors which is a special treat for the trimmer. Charas and rosin are very similiar in sweet sweet taste.

It will be fun for a bit, then after awhile you drift a bit, thats why you prepare everything before you start, no excuses then.....hehe.

Trim well mate.

Not exactly 100% on all of these, unfortunately.

Looking good Al. Have fun with harvest.
Make a playlist up, have food and drink readily available, two buckets with bin bags, one is for fan leaves, other is for good trim for hash to go to freezer.
Good scissors are braid fishing scissors, they cut thru anything, not too small.
I prefer hand trimming, get good charas on the scissors which is a special treat for the trimmer. Charas and rosin are very similiar in sweet sweet taste.

It will be fun for a bit, then after awhile you drift a bit, thats why you prepare everything before you start, no excuses then.....hehe.

Trim well mate.

I have fiskars shears, a fiskars that is curved and a more heavy duty to cut through the branches, and a SunJoe grass shear cordless just to give it a try. I'll probably do a side by side of hand only, cordless only, and hybrid just for the hell of it.

I have to get the dry tent set up along with the table.

:thumb:

I think the OG Kush, the Northern Lights and Westley look the most ready so I’d be inclined to start with them and see how you go from there.

Wow that NL is super duper gorgeous! :love: :yummy:

For me the MH doesnt look ready yet and i say that because most of the amber looks like damage from contact rather than ripeneing as there’s still lots of clear. If you gotta you gotta tho and there’ll be other cannabinoids in there too (like CBC perhaps) so there is not a great deal of loss by taking it a bit early. I do see a lot of trichome head loss on MH tho - did it get knocked around a bit? For the future, everytime you make contact with a bud, or any ‘frost’, trichome heads (glands) will break off. And ones that don’t break off will go amber from the damage. These glands contain the main concentration of cannbinoids so ideally we’d like to loose as few as possible. It’s taken me a few rounds to develop a setup and practices where that damage doesn’t happen so much.

All that detail aside - everything looks fantastic and if you took it all down today it would be great! I suspect you won’t get through it all this weekend ... but wat do i know?

Awesome job from the get-go Al!

:bravo: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I think the OG Kush, the Northern Lights and Westley look the most ready so I’d be inclined to start with them and see how you go from there.

Wow that NL is super duper gorgeous! :love: :yummy:

For me the MH doesnt look ready yet and i say that because most of the amber looks like damage from contact rather than ripeneing as there’s still lots of clear. If you gotta you gotta tho and there’ll be other cannabinoids in there too (like CBC perhaps) so there is not a great deal of loss by taking it a bit early. I do see a lot of trichome head loss on MH tho - did it get knocked around a bit? For the future, everytime you make contact with a bud, or any ‘frost’, trichome heads (glands) will break off. And ones that don’t break off will go amber from the damage. These glands contain the main concentration of cannbinoids so ideally we’d like to loose as few as possible. It’s taken me a few rounds to develop a setup and practices where that damage doesn’t happen so much.

All that detail aside - everything looks fantastic and if you took it all down today it would be great! I suspect you won’t get through it all this weekend ... but wat do i know?

Awesome job from the get-go Al!

:bravo: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Agreed on the pics I have but I think a few got jumbled around. My impression looking at them was that OG Kush CBD and Northern Lights are pretty much ready now. Orange Sherbert could go either way. BB and MH1 could use a few more days. Westley is closer to ready than Nikita, but both the White Russians could use a little more time. I do think a few BB pics showed up as Nikita at the beginning of her pics, maybe, and maybe the same for a a few OS pics showing as Westley at the end of her pics.

In any case I'll be more regimented tomorrow taking a few pics on those I might harvest. Sorry I kinda screwed that up a little. Should have just waited and retook them. Not quite back 100% today.

Oh, and MH1 is at the entrance so two things happen:

1. The door occasionally flops down and

2. I occasionally rub past.

I have also, on occasion, touched the buds. Shame on me. :D

Seriously, thanks for letting me know. Didn't realize they were that fragile.

Wow! Some pics from the evening of the first:

First, the veg tent then the flower tent

MH1 - turning purple

OG Kush - fall colors

Blueberry getting heavy buds

The White Russians (mostly Nikita) - the huge cola on Nikita has gotten huger :) . These have really added a lot of bulk. Just wow wow wow.

The Perfect Pipe

Fecund with fun to come

:welldone:
Those macro shots are dazzlers :cool:

Fecund with fun to come

:welldone:
Those macro shots are dazzlers :cool:

It's amazing all the new words I learn pertaining to gardening by hanging out here.

You’ve got it well sorted. Yeah the orange does look great and nearly ready too.
Sorry I kinda screwed that up a little.
Nah -no need to be. It’s a shed-ton of plants you have to keep track of!

I have also, on occasion, touched the buds. Shame on me. :D

Seriously, thanks for letting me know. Didn't realize they were that fragile.
Of course - I always do! When i handle them, I try to come from underneath and use the leaves as bud protectors. Even if they get a bit squished from the gentle squeeze, they don’t get the oil from my fingers. ANd no worries, I could kind of tell that you didn’t know - everything I’ve found out on here (420) I didn’t know beforehand ;)
:high-five:

You’ve got it well sorted. Yeah the orange does look great and nearly ready too.

Nah -no need to be. It’s a shed-ton of plants you have to keep track of!

Of course - I always do! When i handle them, I try to come from underneath and use the leaves as bud protectors. Even if they get a bit squished from the gentle squeeze, they don’t get the oil from my fingers. ANd no worries, I could kind of tell that you didn’t know - everything I’ve found out on here (420) I didn’t know beforehand ;)
:high-five:

You’re about to actually experience a new one: “trim-jail” :laughtwo:

Yes. Yes, I am.

At least in trim jail you can smoke weed!
hahaha

That is true.

Back
Top Bottom