Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Friends have told me about a few. One i heard of is to use the microwave on lowest setting and 10 seconds at a time only - bud goes in n some kitchen paper and it helps to pull it apart a little bit between goes, or so I’ve heard ;). Usually takes between 4and 6 times, depending on the bud :)

Some folks will put a bud or 2 on top of their light ballast for some hours that works too.

My favourite is to put them on top of the stereo for a day or 2, or a computer that’s a little warm. That works well.

Tent looks good - are you planning to lay them down for drying?
:Namaste:

No. Plan to hang them.

For a quick dry on test buds, I wrap the bud in foil and poke a few holes in it so air can flow through and then I attach that foil pack to the grill rack in my convection oven. 5-10 minutes at 230 degrees will dry out my bud enough to smoke it, and the temperature helps to start carbolizing it. The "green" pot is still pretty nasty... but this process will allow it to have quite a kick in that test pipe.

Haha! Thanks, ladies. I knew what was meant. :D

Hey folks. Thanks for the tips on the quick dries. That is going to be handy for me over the next few weeks.
Harvest time again in our house this coming weekend.
A recommendation: if you read @Hyena Merica ’s hilarious Trim Jail Tale you are almost guaranteed a stress free trim.

We knew this week would come, Al.
You can be proud of what you’ve done.

Hey folks. Thanks for the tips on the quick dries. That is going to be handy for me over the next few weeks.
Harvest time again in our house this coming weekend.
A recommendation: if you read @Hyena Merica ’s hilarious Trim Jail Tale you are almost guaranteed a stress free trim.

We knew this week would come, Al.
You can be proud of what you’ve done.

Thanks, Double D. Good story from @Hyena Merica .

Hey, Garden Master. You have got an awesome set up. Love the drying tent.
I was advised by Pennywise to use the cable box. It works great.
Hope you are feeling better.
Prayers to all Californians.

Remember to take every effort not to bump the colas against anything during wash and hanging etc. Those little trich heads break off easy!

I knew what was meant. :D
I don’t doubt it :D I will always clarify stuff like that. Lots of people read these forums, not just the membership ;) It’s good to clarify important stuff when it comes up... plus, it’s a compulsion :laughtwo:

Hey, Garden Master. You have got an awesome set up. Love the drying tent.
I was advised by Pennywise to use the cable box. It works great.
Hope you are feeling better.
Prayers to all Californians.

Feeling better. I think Tangled has it now. She's running a slight fever. Dammit! She helped as long as she could. I'm in jail by myself now.

Remember to take every effort not to bump the colas against anything during wash and hanging etc. Those little trich heads break off easy!

I don’t doubt it :D I will always clarify stuff like that. Lots of people read these forums, not just the membership ;) It’s good to clarify important stuff when it comes up... plus, it’s a compulsion :laughtwo:

Doing my best, but it's my first.

Took down OG Kush CBD. A few pics to start it off. I have more but this will have to do for now. I included the first bud I ever trimmed and weighed lol

Wet weight after trim and before the wash:

255.9 grams or roughly 9 oz wet.

Tangled trimmed some. We mostly hand trimmed but I did try out the cordless grass shears and usually went back and hand trimmed behind it. Some are trimmed better than others. I have to take a break now to run to the store and eat and then set up the TV and Chromecast so I can watch the first Alabama basketball game of the season while I move on to the next plant. I might be able to get one more done this evening.

Pretty decent trim Al, you both did well.
Plants did a treat. You lose a fair bit of weight in the dry, but I still see a good 3 oz plus so thats great.
The resin on the scissors blades is called charas put that on a cone or in a joint, its lovely, scrape off with razor blade mate. :passitleft:
We call it charas here. Well me anyway.

Try this calculation and see how close it gets...
To figure dry weight from here I use the following formula:
(Wet Weight - 10% for the large stems) / 4 = Dry Weight
Typically the dry weight is about 1/4 of the wet weight.
Congrats on the harvest! It looks great!

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Thanks everyone. I’ll have time to read more carefully and respond later.

As it is I’m about halfway through Northern Lights.

Wet weight so far:

259.5 grams

of course i got some pics. Haha!

soundtrack for OG Kush CBD was Van Halen. Current soundtrack includes Jeff Healey, the Allman Brothers, SRV, and some dude doing purple rain now. For now I’m flying solo as Tangled has a fever. Probably has what I had this past weekend. Gonna try to find the energy to finish NL before I quit but first a snack break.

I managed to finish Northern Lights. I’ll update once I get changed and settled.

As I said, I finished Northern Lights.

Add to the wet trimmed weight:

70.9 grams plus

70.2 grams plus

91.5 grams to the earlier

259.5 grams or

232.6 plus
259.5 or

a grand total for Northern Lights of

492.1 grams or 17.36 oz for just over 1 lb 1 oz

If we add the 255.9 from OG Kush CBD we get the total for the first two plants (out of seven) of

748 grams even or 1.65 lbs or just under 26.4 oz total from two plants.

I have hygrometers in the tent - one each level with each plant where it now (mostly) hangs. The loose bits I just placed on a paper bag to dry. Best I could do tonight.

I'm going to have a fridge in the morning. Found one cheap. Now I just have to get it here. Hahaha! Should fit in the vehicle.

I'm beat. How about some pics?

Back
Top Bottom