Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

Pretty decent trim Al, you both did well.
Plants did a treat. You lose a fair bit of weight in the dry, but I still see a good 3 oz plus so thats great.
The resin on the scissors blades is called charas put that on a cone or in a joint, its lovely, scrape off with razor blade mate. :passitleft:
We call it charas here. Well me anyway.

Thanks LR72. I got off all I could and put it in the trim tray, for better or worse. I put the popcorn buds in there, too.

Try this calculation and see how close it gets...
To figure dry weight from here I use the following formula:
(Wet Weight - 10% for the large stems) / 4 = Dry Weight
Typically the dry weight is about 1/4 of the wet weight.
Congrats on the harvest! It looks great!

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

478 x.1 is 47.8

478-47.8 is 430.2

430.2/4 is 107.55 or 3.8 oz for NL

OGK CBD is 255.9x0.1 is 25.6

255.9-25.6 is 230.3

230.3/4 is 57.6 grams or just over 2 oz for OGK CBD.

Forecasted total dry weight for both is 5.8 oz or 165.2 grams

It will be interesting to see how close it is.

Those look fantastic! You and Tangled are a great team.
Enjoy your basketball game. Go Alabama!

Thank you, Newfun! I enjoyed the game right up until our best player missed two free throws at the end that would have (maybe) won the game with only 2 seconds left. Heartbreaking loss, but this is a rebuilding effort and I'm happy with the progress over last year. Our new coach seems to be pretty good. We were lucky to steal him from Buffalo. Still excited for the season. And the football team takes on LSU Saturday in a battle of 1 vs 2. Roll Tide!

:woohoo:
congrats on your first harvest ever!:yahoo:

:thumb:Great job @Alafornia and @Tangled :cheer::cheer:

Thanks, BLS! 2/7 of the way there! lol

Woohoo! Harvest season! :cheer:

They’re looking great Al :yummy: All
The best for round 2. Food and sport for the win!
:welldone:

Woo hoo! Thanks!

Aloha Alafornia!

Congrats on the harvest! Beautiful plants and grow. Yup getting to smoke some yummy scissor hash is certainly a perk when you are trimming just as long as your eyelids don’t sit so low you start clippin nugs off the stem by accident :laugh: Sending positive thoughts and vibes and hope you feel better!

Aloha
:passitleft:

kl
Aloha Alafornia!

Congrats on the harvest! Beautiful plants and grow. Yup getting to smoke some yummy scissor hash is certainly a perk when you are trimming just as long as your eyelids don’t sit so low you start clippin nugs off the stem by accident :laugh: Sending positive thoughts and vibes and hope you feel better!

Aloha
:passitleft:

Thanks, Sunny, but I clipped nugs off the stem by accident without smoking any yummy scissor hash! True story! :D

:woohoo: Happy harvesting Al!!

aren’t you glad you have the week off to do this all? Greatjob trimming and washing btw!!:thumb:

Yes. I'm hoping the rest get just a little more ripe so I can go ahead and harvest them. BB, OS, and MH1 are so close. Just looking for a few more ambers. Thank you, BLS.

Looking great on the west coast. You are having a great season.

Thank you, Newfun.

Looking great Ala Nice work!

You could try cutting the lights-on time down by another hour. That can help move things along. :)

I've considered that. I'm likely to take those three tomorrow either way. Last night I watered and then thinned out a bunch of fan leaves to allow better airflow (prevent rot/mold/mildew) and light penetration in hopes the additional UV will promote more amber. They lost a little light a few nights ago when I reset the time on the timers and set them to come on and go off at 10 instead of 11.

For your viewing pleasure, Blueberry from last night.

They all look beautiful! If you can let them dry out before harvest that would be good - might be “bro-science” but most long time growers I’ve come across have recommended it, so it’s what I do.
Not a make or break thing at all so if tomorrow is the day it’s the day! Just sharing it to add to the information banks in ya brain :) (are they saturated yet!? :laughtwo: )

Massive week in the garden for you! How’s the stamina? Did you quick dry and test yet?

Just getting caught up Nice harvest.

Two down, five to go.

They all look beautiful! If you can let them dry out before harvest that would be good - might be “bro-science” but most long time growers I’ve come across have recommended it, so it’s what I do.
Not a make or break thing at all so if tomorrow is the day it’s the day! Just sharing it to add to the information banks in ya brain :) (are they saturated yet!? :laughtwo: )

Massive week in the garden for you! How’s the stamina? Did you quick dry and test yet?

Thanks! Stamina is good. I've been spacing it out. Took two plants the same day and haven't taken another. Went and picked up a used fridge. Did lots of little things. Have to do some work now (on my vacation week, no less) and then we'll see. I am just going to take about 0.5-1 oz out for Tangled to use. My try the quick dry tonight. Maybe. We'll see.

Phewf...I made it back in time for the start of harvest season! :yahoo:

Congratulations on the chopping, trimming, hanging, bagging, and pride in seeing all your hard work pay off.

:bravo: fornia. Most excellent!

If you can let them dry out before harvest that would be good - might be “bro-science” but most long time growers I’ve come across have recommended it, so it’s what I do.
I have been reading in Maritimer's thread about drought stressing plants about a week before harvest, with some professional growers recommending it. But they recommend watering the day before harvest. I would think it would help even out the drying process if nothing else.

Phewf...I made it back in time for the start of harvest season! :yahoo:

Congratulations on the chopping, trimming, hanging, bagging, and pride in seeing all your hard work pay off.

:bravo: fornia. Most excellent!

I have been reading in Maritimer's thread about drought stressing plants about a week before harvest, with some professional growers recommending it. But they recommend watering the day before harvest. I would think it would help even out the drying process if nothing else.

Thank you, Shed!

I might try that eventually. I do see the link there. lol

Going to give a little update here on Day 69 of 12/12.

Temps and RH have been within range. Outside temps have moderated and we are in a dry pattern at least until next week.

Harvest of the first two plants went well. The others aren't quite there. MH1 and BB are the closest to being done, IMHO, but I'm a newbie so what the hell do I know? Nikita likely has 2 more weeks with all those white pistils. Westley and OS may be a week away still but keeping a close watch for potential Sunday takedown.

The odor in the main fridge is not bad with NL and OGK CBD in there. I have four baking soda boxes in there so that helps some. I'm trying to get the temps right in the garage fridge I just picked up used yesterday for 50 bucks. Earlier it was below freezing in the fridge. Waiting for it to even out with the temp ballasts (AKA water bottles) in there.

Let's start off with MH1, shall we?

Nikita is a still-growing monster of a plant. Westley is also a White Russian, but Nikita is just unreal (although Westley is no slouch). The one huge cola is close to a foot long and several more aren't far behind that. Their diameter is also impressive. I'm a newbie so take this with a grain of salt, but if Northern Lights was slightly over a pound I don't doubt Nikita will end up being two pounds wet and trimmed (that sounds really dirty, doesn't it?). On to the pics!

Finally, Orange Sherbert. She's started kicking out more white pistils just when I thought she was about done.

Back
Top Bottom