All Organic High Brix

that sounds amazing Doc!

Have you got a link for that soil kit. Sounds like it's working great for you.

Let's wait till we see how this thing turns out before I start endorsing the kit.

I will say this:

As of 2 hours ago, my plants are far and away the most healthy, perfect looking plants I've ever seen....anywhere.

The leaves shine like glass, the structure of the plants is perfect, pistils are forming, smell is divine.....growth is just stupid.

If the buds form properly, we have a winner. I'll shout it from the housetops when the time comes.

I'm taking notes as usual and these sprays you are using, is there any background on them being used on plants that are smoked? Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but I have always been carefull about anything I spray on my plants much preferring the uptake through the roots.

I'm taking notes as usual and these sprays you are using, is there any background on them being used on plants that are smoked? Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but I have always been carefull about anything I spray on my plants much preferring the uptake through the roots.

These sprays I'm using are 100% safe. End users actually spray their strawberries the day of harvest, in order to insure the highest brix readings upon harvest. It will turn a strawberry with a white center into a nice, red, juicy one. There is no problem AT ALL with smoking the product.

The whole point of the sprays is to feed the microbes at the root level. The calcium, phosphorus and minerals in the spray increase sugar content in the leaves, which is then sent down to the roots to feed the microbial crew. They're so damn happy with the good grub, they go out and crack rocks and mop up dead and decaying organic matter and bring the good stuff back to the plant.

Does it work? A little......:

IMG_23906.JPG

IMG_23894.JPG

IMG_23884.JPG

IMG_23872.JPG

IMG_23824.JPG

IMG_23794.JPG

These have almost all been topped.
IMG_23782.JPG

IMG_23775.JPG

Nug of OG from last harvest.
IMG_23854.JPG

It's hard to comprehend just what is happening with these plants based on my pictures. They grew faster and larger than the last time I grew them, and as I've been saying, the color of the leaves is just exquisite.

I'm nervous that this might be too good to be true and they won't flower correctly. This worry is based completely on emotion....you know, if something sounds too good to be true it probably isn't.....but damn! My buddy took a look and said they are the healthiest plants he's ever seen.

Even if it doesn't flower well, this mix is PERFECT for veg. If it delivers the same kind of results in the bloom phase.....look out! The bar just got set a few notches higher.

The whole point of the sprays is to feed the microbes at the root level. The calcium, phosphorus and minerals in the spray increase sugar content in the leaves, which is then sent down to the roots to feed the microbial crew. They're so damn happy with the good grub, they go out and crack rocks and mop up dead and decaying organic matter and bring the good stuff back to the plant.

Does it work? A little......:

IMG_23884.JPG

IMG_23872.JPG
Those are some amazingly happy plants Doc! :) I believe our plants tell us what they need if we are listening...yours appear to be singing for joy!
I'm nervous that this might be too good to be true and they won't flower correctly. This worry is based completely on emotion....you know, if something sounds too good to be true it probably isn't.....but damn! My buddy took a look and said they are the healthiest plants he's ever seen.

Even if it doesn't flower well, this mix is PERFECT for veg. If it delivers the same kind of results in the bloom phase.....look out! The bar just got set a few notches higher.

I hope it works, because it looks like I'm going to be right behind you...

I finally had a chance to do some reading on High Brix, and if I'm understanding what I'm reading, it would seem it's not as mysterious as I thought at first. I have much more to read, but fundamentally it's really just organic on steroids, focusing on the micorherd and techniques to coax those little buggers to give the plants everything necessary to reach their full potential...in food crops that equates to more nutritious, sweeter, better tasting fruit and vegetables, that are able to fight off many pests and diseases. Brix is just a way to measure how nutrient dense the vegetables are. Am I on track?

I still haven't come across specific recommendations for mineralization of the soil, in the proper ratios like you've posted. In fact, when googling the topic, your journal was coming up at the top of the results! :thumb:

If all goes well, I think I'll use this upcoming grow for my first journal. :) I'm planning a 49 plant SOG with .8 gallon Air-Pots. I have 60 cuttings hopefully rooting now, but I've never tried to root this many at one time, so my fingers are crossed! My soil has been mineralized and is waiting... But I won't lie, leaving my OC+ safety blanket has me a bit nervous, but I'm determined to make the switch!

I'm sold on the concept, and will be mineralizing my vegetable garden this year as well! I imagine working outdoors the soil test would be a must to see where you're starting from, but I was planning on putting in some raised beds this year anyway, and thought I might use the same mix for those... I'm really glad I bought that cement mixer!

:Namaste:

Those are some amazingly happy plants Doc! :) I believe our plants tell us what they need if we are listening...yours appear to be singing for joy!

I hope it works, because it looks like I'm going to be right behind you...

I finally had a chance to do some reading on High Brix, and if I'm understanding what I'm reading, it would seem it's not as mysterious as I thought at first. I have much more to read, but fundamentally it's really just organic on steroids, focusing on the micorherd and techniques to coax those little buggers to give the plants everything necessary to reach their full potential...in food crops that equates to more nutritious, sweeter, better tasting fruit and vegetables, that are able to fight off many pests and diseases. Brix is just a way to measure how nutrient dense the vegetables are. Am I on track?

I still haven't come across specific recommendations for mineralization of the soil, in the proper ratios like you've posted. In fact, when googling the topic, your journal was coming up at the top of the results! :thumb:

If all goes well, I think I'll use this upcoming grow for my first journal. :) I'm planning a 49 plant SOG with .8 gallon Air-Pots. I have 60 cuttings hopefully rooting now, but I've never tried to root this many at one time, so my fingers are crossed! My soil has been mineralized and is waiting... But I won't lie, leaving my OC+ safety blanket has me a bit nervous, but I'm determined to make the switch!

I'm sold on the concept, and will be mineralizing my vegetable garden this year as well! I imagine working outdoors the soil test would be a must to see where you're starting from, but I was planning on putting in some raised beds this year anyway, and thought I might use the same mix for those... I'm really glad I bought that cement mixer!

Sounds great bro! I hear ya on the OC+ safety blanket. I have that stuff on hand and always will. It grows fantastic product.

You've got the High Brix approach exactly right. Your explanation is spot on.

I'm even more excited about the vegetable garden this year than the herb garden....I'm tasting the 14 brix tomatoes and 16 brix strawberries.

IF....and I repeat IF these plants flower properly and get ridiculously frosty with charcoal briquette dense buds, then this kit will be as easy to use as brewing a weekly tea. Put dirt in pot.....brew tea......water dirt. Period.

Oh....and weekly foliar sprays. Super easy.

I'm doing my second application of tea on Sunday......Haven't splurged for the foliar sprays yet, just using the microbe tea. I second your observation on the bug's view of minerals. I had fungus gnats, mites and thrips (bunch of plants brought in for the winter). The gnats were almost all gone in a day, haven't seen any mites or thrips moving since.

I'm doing my second application of tea on Sunday......Haven't splurged for the foliar sprays yet, just using the microbe tea. I second your observation on the bug's view of minerals. I had fungus gnats, mites and thrips (bunch of plants brought in for the winter). The gnats were almost all gone in a day, haven't seen any mites or thrips moving since.
No bull....it really works! Glad to hear it!

Doc, first off, looking amazing!

Have you figured out the foliar sprays better? What concentration are you using?

I'm using 1 tsp Amaze and 1/2 tsp PGR per 30oz of water. I also add a bit of Yucca extract. Basically, this is half as strong as my first spraying.

I've sprayed many things on plants, foliar wise. Never have I seen anything remotely resembling the results I'm getting with these sprays. Everything else is a joke.

I'm going to try the one that is for seed development next time.

those plants do look amazingly healthy. I have no doubt they will flower well since you're turning those microbes into machines, the plant will have an army of workers when it tells them to produce budding nutrients. You said it best, take care of your soil and it will take care of your plant. This is demonstration of that very concept.

those plants do look amazingly healthy. I have no doubt they will flower well since you're turning those microbes into machines, the plant will have an army of workers when it tells them to produce budding nutrients. You said it best, take care of your soil and it will take care of your plant. This is demonstration of that very concept.

I hope you're right....everything I know tells me you're right....it's just that some things seem too good to be true.

There are some positive developments which I'll get pics of today.

Everything is just fantastic. In spite of my irrational fears, these plants are turning into a groundbreaking, legendary grow.

If things keep going this way, I'll be able to share a grow system that is SUPERIOR to anything out there right now.

If things keep going this way, I fully expect to be harvesting the best weed that most folks have ever seen. Yes, that sounds a bit over-the-top.....I know.

But if you could see and smell these plants and could see how fast they are growing and how perfect the leaves are.....you would agree with me.

No bugs either. High Brix is the only way to go. Seriously, it's nearly as easy as hempy.

IMG_23913.JPG

IMG_23924.JPG

IMG_23933.JPG

IMG_23944.JPG

IMG_23954.JPG

These leaves aren't yellow. They are very shiny, and reflect the flash. I looked at this pic, then got worried and went back to look at the plant....dark green
IMG_23963.JPG

Ten minutes after lights-on
IMG_24006.JPG

IMG_24016.JPG

IMG_24044.JPG

Below is an example of how and when to top a plant to get 4 main colas. All these plants were grown from seed on a 12/12 cycle. topping delays flowering a bit, so it not only gets you 4 main colas, it also buys you some veg time without paying for electricity.
IMG_23976.JPG

Doc, when you finalize the formula for your SUPERIOR soil, will you tweak it a bit for the small growers that might not have the ability to mix large batches of soil, or access to all the products used?

Every time I try something you are using, or something even close to it, my grow seems to get better. :thanks: I am really looking forward to the results of my grow with organics.

Doc, when you finalize the formula for your SUPERIOR soil, will you tweak it a bit for the small growers that might not have the ability to mix large batches of soil, or access to all the products used?

Every time I try something you are using, or something even close to it, my grow seems to get better. :thanks: I am really looking forward to the results of my grow with organics.

I mix one bag at a time....1.5 cubic feet. My recipe's will be based on that.

What I'm excited about is this kit I'm using. I could have done all this making my own fertilizers and using a custom blend of minerals and nutrients professionally blended for my soil.

However, here is this kit, designed to be used with potting soil and it is purposely designed to grow high brix produce. Minerals, tea, innoculant, fertilizer, yucca extract, air stone, pump, strainer, hose end sprayer.....everything.

As long as your soil is fairly well balanced, the kit will deliver superb results in veg......bloom test is under way. Bloom appears to be excellent, but it's early. Will they foxtail and get larpy? Or, will they swell up and get dense? That remains to be seen. We'll know in 8 or 9 weeks.

If everything goes as well as it's been going, this kit will deliver the best organic weed possible if grown in a decent potting soil, like FFOF, Vermicrop, Roots, Black Gold, etc. Add about 20% humus and you've got ideal soil for growing high brix. The minerals and organic ferts, combined with the tea and yucca extract bring soil pH to 6.4 and deliver the proper ratios of rock powders and micro's, soil energy and biology. The plants get everything they could possibly need....most oils, most complex smell and taste, highest sugar content....and hopefully a potent complement of psychoactive terpenes in ratios that result in a bright, living , connected to the universe high.

That's all.

However, here is this kit, designed to be used with potting soil and it is purposely designed to grow high brix produce. Minerals, tea, innoculant, fertilizer, yucca extract, air stone, pump, strainer, hose end sprayer.....everything.
It would be amazing if it were that easy! If it does work that well, how long will it be before someone markets the same kit to Cannabis growers at a 5 or 10 times the price. :)
...most oils, most complex smell and taste, highest sugar content....and hopefully a potent complement of psychoactive terpenes in ratios that result in a bright, living , connected to the universe high.

That's all.

Glad to see you're not expecting too much! :rofl:

Doc, I might have missed it... but what ºBrix will you consider excellent, good, etc...? It just dawned on me that I don't remember seeing cannabis on any of the charts... :)

Doc,

I was at a hardware across town last weekend and they carry DR Earth Pot of Gold soil with these ingredients from the web site. Its the only soil I have come across that says contains Yucca. I'm planning on picking up a couple bags next time when I have enough cash on me.

Ingredients:
Formulated from a fine selection of composted organic materials. Our blend is packed full of the organic materials that help plants become established. We only use: Forest Humus, Fir Bark, Peat Moss, Pumice, Earthworm Casting, Kelp Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Meal, MicroActive Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera, Yucca Extract, Oyster Shell & Dolomite Limes. We have also included ProBiotic® beneficial soil Microbes plus both Ecto and Endo Mycorrhizae.

Dr Earth also makes a POTting soil in a black and white bag specific for MMJ, but I doubt I will ever find that in my area.

It would be amazing if it were that easy! If it does work that well, how long will it be before someone markets the same kit to Cannabis growers at a 5 or 10 times the price. :)

Glad to see you're not expecting too much! :rofl:

Doc, I might have missed it... but what ºBrix will you consider excellent, good, etc...? It just dawned on me that I don't remember seeing cannabis on any of the charts... :)

What Brix is good for cannabis? I don't know, exactly.

However, Alfalfa is excellent at 22% and most grains are excellent at 18. I haven't looked, but I suspect I can find a brix reading for hops out there. Tobacco and other folks who farm leafy plants know that a brix level 12 or above means zero insect pressure.

I know what good weed is, so in time I'll be able to get an idea what brix readings are good for our plants.

I tell ya what, I've grown plants that I'm proud of before now. But I've never had plants like these. They're the most vibrant and alive plants I've seen....they have an electric, glossy color and an amazing aroma that I've never smelled before.

Back
Top Bottom