Aloha Grown With Sunny

I fill my gallon jugs the night before watering my plants to give it time to come up to room temperature. Just so they don't get chilled when they're watered.

I used to do that too Beez I lived in desert for a little while and the municipal water out the tap was terrible. I would fill five gallon buckets and they them air out over night. The chlorine smell or whatever it was out of the tap was so strong.

Aloha All!

Good morning on this aloha Monday! Quick couple snaps of the Red Pure CBD Mutant today. I believe I may have a two headed bud going?

@beez0404 I trained down the plants again and will give them a few days or so to recover.

Some before and after pics so you can see what I was babbling about when tightening the pipe cleaner loops on the branches.

Kalishnakov Auto (AK-47)

Before

After

Nevilles Haze Auto

Before

After

Gets more light in to the lower bud sites and after they all recover again and really start to fill in after a couple weeks I’ll do another round of light defoliation.

Just a word of caution when training the branches down.. you can snap a branch off if you aren’t careful so go slow and kind of read the plant as you are doing it.

This is only my 3rd autoflower grow I’ve done so I’m still learning and tinkering. I’d be stoked if I helped anyone along the way. Havea blessed day everyone!!

:passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft:

Aloha! @beez0404 @Greenthumbs42019 !!

I’m topping at the 4th node and training the branches down (LST) so the lower growth shoots up and makes another top. I think it also depends on the strain and particular pheno you get of that strain too.

Some will veg longer and you can get more training in. I’ve been getting 4-6 tops this way but more is possible I’m sure. It still boggles my mind how quickly they grow and how much they yield.

Prolly why I’ve been addicted to growing them the variety I can get in a relatively short time.

Aloha! @beez0404 @Greenthumbs42019 !!

I’m topping at the 4th node and training the branches down (LST) so the lower growth shoots up and makes another top. I think it also depends on the strain and particular pheno you get of that strain too.

Some will veg longer and you can get more training in. I’ve been getting 4-6 tops this way but more is possible I’m sure. It still boggles my mind how quickly they grow and how much they yield.

Prolly why I’ve been addicted to growing them the variety I can get in a relatively short time.
Agree brother, some peeps like 5 or 6th node. Some say thats too low because of stunting the tap root growth.
But im a 4th node kinda guy, pull'em down and tie and let them go bro..lol..all good :roorrip:

I top between 4 & 5, remove node set 1. I let it veg... if #2 don't make it up, I clip em after stretch & stick with set 3&4. Generally set #2 makes it to the top & produces knots

Agree brother, some peeps like 5 or 6th node. Some say thats too low because of stunting the tap root growth.
But im a 4th node kinda guy, pull'em down and tie and let them go bro..lol..all good :roorrip:

Hell yeah braddah!! Clipp’um.. Stripp’um and Tie’ um down! Let them rip after that lol Hope you and ohana having a absolutely blessed day braddah sparkey!!

:passitleft:

I top between 4 & 5, remove node set 1. I let it veg... if #2 don't make it up, I clip em after stretch & stick with set 3&4. Generally set #2 makes it to the top & produces knots

Yeeeeeee!! Always stoked for you to stop in and share your knowledge braddah Preston! Plenty ways to skin a cat just as long as that cat gets skinned! Hope you and the ohana is blessed my Braddah!

Well I'm going to have to try my hand at topping and training next time I grow autos.

Rajah dat beez! I do the same thing with my photos too! I’d love to follow along when you run some autos again. I’m actually gearing up for a photo period run after this set of autos. I should have a decent amount of herb to get me through to next harvest lol

Aloha All!

As promised in your thread @Heavenly Hybrid @FelipeBlu I put together my recipe for the Kalua Pork I make for my family here at home :love: I figured instead of pm-ing it I would just share it here with everyone to try it out if they want!

Set your oven rack to the middle andPre-heat your oven to 300* degrees Fahrenheit.

Today I’m using a 5lbish boneless pork butt but a bone in one or a shoulder will work fine as long as it has some fat on it to hold the flavor.

E66231C3-C087-4DCA-AF12-D2F1822FEB5F.jpeg
608E8F53-59AE-4A97-A21D-B1C406A942DC.jpeg

This is all besides the pork itself. I like to use garlic in mine but for someone who may not like garlic (thats funny lol) you can omit it from the recipe. I use anywhere from 6-8 fresh cloves although you can always add more too.

DAF9D052-4325-4419-93DC-226E89862C6E.jpeg

I use a small knife and poke holes into the meatier parts of the pork butt and stuff said holes with whole garlic cloves that I just smash with the flat side of a knife to release its flavor.

F7D5B50C-A403-4BE1-AD1B-70216EB49B68.jpeg
3A3A49D8-80C3-4179-8D7C-192464E28814.jpeg
DE7B16DE-EC32-48A7-9584-4691F8B9D050.jpeg

Side note* I usually line the bottom of the pan first with ti leaf or banana leaf from the yard before putting the pork butt into the pan. It’s not necessary.. it’s just something I like to do but at the moment it’s rainy, cold and dark and I’m in here warm, dry and stoned so yeah. The leaf is a no go.

Once I get the pork butt stuffed with garlic it’s time to rub it down top and bottom with coarse Hawaiian sea salt but any coarse sea salt will do and liquid smoke. For this size pork butt (5lb) I’m using 3 Tablespoons of salt and 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of liquid smoke. I use disposable gloves to do this so I don’t get liquid

23CA1674-7F2A-463C-907C-692899AB4AD4.jpeg
43D39DBC-D3F4-441D-A66A-C0426ACF11C3.jpeg

Let the pork butt rest for about 20 minutes or so on the counter and add 1/2 cup of water to the pan.

Wrap it tightly around the edges of the pan with tin foil so it is completely sealed.

926F70AE-1653-4399-92C4-3C2C32C5EE59.jpeg
E6A94FDF-DD1D-409F-A97B-A6500CC9C040.jpeg

Place the pan on the middle rack in your oven and let it bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours without touching it or opening the oven. After 3 hours has passed turn down the oven to 200 degrees and allow it to bake for another 2 hours. After the two hours has passed turn the oven off and go to sleep. The key is to never open the oven until the oven has cooled on its own and the pan is warm enough to handle. This allows the pork butt to continue to cook in it sealed pan until it’s fall apart tender.

I’ll continue this post tomorrow when the pork butt comes out and it’s read to shred. Sending you all lots of love and positivity from Hawaii as always!

Aloha All!

Time to check our pork butt that has been chillin in its own personal Smokey hot tub for 11 hours. This is the first time I get a look at it since prepping it and putting it into the oven.

125852C0-34EF-42C2-8E9E-3B1A1DB54A35.jpeg
D5A9CE71-15A2-4BD7-921D-86A6EC26AE66.jpeg

It should shred with next to no effort at all. I take a soup ladle and scoop out half the volume of juices into a separate bowl for later if I want moisten it a bit more after shredding.

84CC1C31-7D04-4995-BB87-71610DD591AC.jpeg

All you need is two forks to shred it up. If you like it chunkier then work it less. Best part is to taste it!!! Check the salt and if you need a little more I recommend the juice you ladle out earlier into a separate bowl.

Congrats you made Kalua pork:party:

This stuff freezes well too so I usually put a bag or two in the freezer for later use. It can be a really quick meal for the family warmed up on the stove. Kalua pork sandwiches, tacos, plain. I usually will make kalua pig and cabbage to get the kids to eat veggies.

Damn bro, looking awesome.
Great Family, Great friends great food, great weed is all you need.
Going to swip your recipe there bro

Aloha Sparkey!! So true my Braddah! Best way to live with all those things right there. Stoked to hear about how it comes out for you my Braddah!

Is it just my observation or do people who enjoy cannabis consumption also enjoy making deliciously decadent foods as well? :) :) :) :woohoo:

Your observation is the truth my Braddah! It’s pretty simple but it sure scratches that munchies itch!

¡Gracias Sunny - bookmarked!
:thanks:

Aloha Felipe I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for the recipe, Sunny - I just added "big ol' butt" to my shopping list.... ;)

Thanks for the recipe, Sunny - I just added "big ol' butt" to my shopping list.... ;)

Lol.. I suppose the size of butt will get determined by how much butt you’ll need to fit your situation :rofl:

O.....M....G Sunny!!! Thank you, that looks so delicious, I’m going to make it tomorrow. :drool::drool::drool:

oooooooo it’s gonna be some good eats in the hybrid hale! (House) so you wonderful folks don’t have to google “hale” lol :love:

Back
Top Bottom