Aloha Grown With Sunny

With the Protkt aren't you supposed to mix it with the water good before adding anything else? I used that for awhile with my younger plants and seem to recall doing that.
Yup, the rule is when mixing always add the Protekt(Silica) first or it may not mix correctly. You'll see little floatie things in it if you mix a calmag first then add the silica.

My routine would be:
Protekt
Calmag
Supplements
Final Product

So in my case I mix Protekt first then calmag then the SC and BE and finally the Megacrop. I use MC v1 from 2018 so I add the supplements to make up for the lack of nutrients v1 has compared to the other versions.

Thanks for bringing that up Beez.

Aloha All!

I hope everyone is having a blessed Aloha Tuesday! Some bud shots from this morning :yummy:

He'll normally add calmag with his Protekt at the same amount, so 5mL of Protekt and 5mL of calmag. He does this to keep his ratios(N:K) in check. Since you are well into flower there is no need to add the calmag.
I'll be running my next plants without calmag, only MC and Protekt to see what difference if any when not keeping the ratios in check. The idea is to try and maintain an NPK ratio of 2:blushsmile:3 and by adding the calmag he's able to add more N to balance the extra K out.

Well I'm glad to help Sunny and thank you for your kind words... not just to me but thoughout the forums you keep a positive attitude and share that love with many. :Namaste:

Mahalo MrSauga! That makes a lot of sense and explains the explosive growth he gets while they are vegging (autos)with the added N while maintaining a balanced NPK value. That plus his concentration of ligh to space.

I’m already thinking out my next grow of photo periods and this gives me ideas.. good or bad I’m not sure yet lol..

Sending you all lots of love and positivity from Hawaii as always!!

:passitleft: :passitleft:

Just a quick question.. I just mixed up a batch of food for the plants with the proteckt for the first time.. does this turn the water milky AF?

Looks like lemonade :laugh:

3 minutes to 4:20 hawaii time

:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Damn.. I wonder what’s the deal? I mixed the proteckt into the water first and then mixed in the mega crop and it went milky white-ish.

prior to having the proteckt the mega crop would just give the water a brown tinge but it was still relatively clear lol..

The plants already ate it so I guess we will see what eventuates by morning.

Mahalos for the quick response Penny! I hope all is well!!

6B4C1BA5-80D7-4807-B0FD-7F370DEAA213.jpeg

Nope, never seen the Protekt go milky. Make sure you shake the Protekt container thoroughly before using. After adding the PT and before adding the MC the water should still be clear. If after adding the MC and it turned milky then I'm not sure what is going on. When did you buy the MC Sunny? It could be the version type and the new MC may have that reaction but I wouldn't think so.

Good morning MrSauga! I got the mega crop sample this year so I’m thinking it’s the V2. I’ll mix another batch today just for giggles and shits so I can take a pic. The cherry tomatoes outside need a feed anyway. I do use rain water but I would be surprised that contributed to a reaction. Hope you are a wonderful day so far MrSauga!

:passitleft:

Good morning MrSauga! I got the mega crop sample this year so I’m thinking it’s the V2. I’ll mix another batch today just for giggles and shits so I can take a pic. The cherry tomatoes outside need a feed anyway. I do use rain water but I would be surprised that contributed to a reaction. Hope you are a wonderful day so far MrSauga!

I got the new mc May 15 no suffocating smell from it . The Protekt stayed clear for me in hydro, mixed over night by itself and had globs of slime from it . I normally mixed for 30 minutes then put the bubbles to it over night then mix mc with no problems. OldSalt contacted mc and they told him he could mix a batch a week early with no problem.
Beautiful bunch of girls you have , have a great day . Douglas appears to becoming a hurricane stay safe .

Oh man, that’s a good lookin garden Sunny! :cool:

Mahalo HH!! I hope and the ohana have wonderful and blessed day!! Love the black shades.. every cool mom gots a pair.. a pair of what you might ask? ( I feel others here may elaborate in a different direction) a pair of eyes like a hawk!

I got the new mc May 15 no suffocating smell from it . The Protekt stayed clear for me in hydro, mixed over night by itself and had globs of slime from it . I normally mixed for 30 minutes then put the bubbles to it over night then mix mc with no problems. OldSalt contacted mc and they told him he could mix a batch a week early with no problem.
Beautiful bunch of girls you have , have a great day . Gonzalo appears to becoming a hurricane stay safe .

Aloha WH! Mahalos for the compliment! I checked the girls before lights out.. nothing out of the ordinary yet. Right now we got hurricane Doug rolling up on us. I’ll be selling a ton of tarps and batteries at the store this week lol Have a blessed day WH!! How was that 7.8 earthquake in Alaska? No tsunami threat for us thankfully

I do use rain water but I would be surprised that contributed to a reaction.
Ya the rain water as you said won't make a difference. I use it all the time and it's clear after adding the Protekt. Check the PT as well to make sure it's clear. It should not be cloudy.

Your plants are lookin' Sweeeet, Sunny!
My mosquito dunk treated water bucket will occasionally get cloudy...I'll usually dump it out and start it over when that happens...But, unless you use dunks, this wouldn't apply to your situation....
I use Silica Blast with MCv2, and the water just gets brownish- looks like clear poop water ;)

Awe man when I poured the proteckt Into the measuring spoons it was clear. Weird. Aloha Carcass!! I think the standard is brown poop water for all of us! If it ain’t brown it ain’t gettin pored down! It’s just this last batch had this milky look to it.

I’ll mix a batch and take a pic when I get home. Everyone is getting supplied up early for the potential hurricane Doug!

I’ll mix a batch and take a pic when I get home. Everyone is getting supplied up early for the potential hurricane Doug!
Just to clarify Sunny(pardon the pun) is the Protekt cloudy right after mixing with the water or after you have added everything? If it's clear when you have just added the Protekt only then that's good. If it goes cloudy after you add the MC to the Protekt then I'm guessing it's the MC. Maybe from the moisture built up in the dry MC and when mixed with the Protekt it's noticeable now. Just guessing really at this point.

Just to clarify Sunny(pardon the pun)

Aloha All!!

I love puns! That and dad jokes.. I would exclusively speak in puns but I’m positive my lady would hit me with a shovel.

Yes to “clarify” my problem(Sunny).. the liquid became “cloudy” the moment I began mixing the “solution” so I’m still stumped as to what the “problem” is.. :laugh:

I also made homemade pesto tonight for our gnocchi dinner(really I did).. you could say it was my “besto” yet... I added shrimp and “tossed” it all together and portioned it out in bowls. You could say the portions “fit” like a “glove” perfectly. My lady requested extra shrimp and with a smirk I said “Don’t be so “shellfish honey” :cheesygrinsmiley:

I literally drive my lady nuts with that shit lol.. thanks for reading anyway. I’ll mix the stuff tomorrow for the plants next feeding. Oh the irony it won’t go milky.

My MC has drawn some moisture but is still a light brown color.

Hi penny! Mine MC is dark brown on the top. The balls are no longer white and are coated in brown powder. There some light brown powder in the bag though. I think it’s just the humidity but I’m staying at 6 gm a gallon anyway.

Some Head Shots tonight of the ones that came out ok.

Gelat-OG Auto

Alaskan Purple Auto

Cream Mandarine XL Auto

Cream Caramel Auto

Nevilles Haze Auto

Red Pure CBD mutant This one has 3 totally different looking buds on the same plant. Still trippy to think it doesn’t have THC

Sending you all lots of love and positivity from Hawaii as always!! I hope you are all getting restful sleep. Going to have my bedtime Spliff

:passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft:

I also made homemade pesto tonight for our gnocchi dinner(really I did).. you could say it was my “besto” yet... I added shrimp and “tossed” it all together and portioned it out in bowls. You could say the portions “fit” like a “glove” perfectly. My lady requested extra shrimp and with a smirk I said “Don’t be so “shellfish honey” :cheesygrinsmiley:
LOLOL! Well done! Seriously I have no idea why she stays :)

Back
Top Bottom