ANPF's 6 Strain Autoflower Outdoor Grow - Strawberry Banana, Godzilla Cookies, Purple Juice, Gorilla Glue, Gelato, Zkittlez

After I took pics and came in from discovering the bird bomb I was apparently quite noticably sad because wife type asked if I was depressed. I didnt have the heart (otherwise known as testicular fortitude) to tell her that it was a plant problem. Today after clipping and washing the poor flower victim and every coming off clean, she remarked on how much happier I was now an dtaht I should just harvest them all.

I loooove her soooo much!
:circle-of-love:

Thanks for your concern! Nice to know others care ;)
I put so much emotion into my girls! My partner knows how things are going normally by my general mood and she is my number 1 :cheer: leader. When I had to cut the three plants down in my current grow due to hermies I was down for a couple of days, I even said my apologies to them before composting them :rofl: It's not just the end product I find therapeutic it's the whole process, it's like a form of meditation for me :green_heart:

I put so much emotion into my girls! My partner knows how things are going normally by my general mood and she is my number 1 :cheer: leader. When I had to cut the three plants down in my current grow due to hermies I was down for a couple of days, I even said my apologies to them before composting them :rofl: It's not just the end product I find therapeutic it's the whole process, it's like a form of meditation for me :green_heart:
Yes! I was saying something very similar the other day somewheres around here. That growing these plants is its own medicine.

I talk to mine enough that I look certifiable but apparently Mrs Me thinks its way cute or something like that.
Yes we harvest them in the end but we all are in the end harvested too (mr reaper has a damn scythe!).
Also.. I mean I know this isn't scientifically possible but I swear I get a legit stoned super high out there being with them.
Everything gets greener and happier, sometimes to a point of absolute stillness and sometimes the world gets perfectly loud.

The whole process is the point. Not the joint.

Been a bit busy the last few days.
Heres an update.
Im happy to report that all bad things have stabilized. Theres bugs and stuff but dealable. Looks like we are past all the heatwaves (fingers crossed) and now just have to hope for light rain days and some clear skies.

Big questions this post are for harvesting. Ive included a trich shot of the most mature bud. Hoping for some insight if to harvest now or not. They seem to keep shooting out new hairs but not nearly like before. Trichs in some parts of plant that caught a lot of heat stress are amber but I really feel like this was brought on by high temp and direct sun (90s).

Below is the most mature looking top bud. Gorilla glue, she stunted from first heatwave right at beggining of bloom. Then recovered and put this up before seeming to finish flower during the last heatwave about a week ago. Her trichs had started going amber in the heat but then new clear ones appeared and new hairs shot out.
IMG_4448.JPG

Her trich pic. Sorry so crappy. This is as tippy top of bud as I could get.
IMG_4446.JPG

Also possible foxtails on the one plant? If they are foxtails should I just harvest early? Her trichs arent amber but do have a lot of cloudy heads. Foxtails are one of those conflicting stories things. Some like them most dont. Some say it only effects weight but potency is fine, others the opposite. Ideas? Help? Thank you!
IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

and a family pic :)
IMG_4498.JPG

We are on week 9 since above ground for most of the garden citizens. Week 5 for the younger set.

This is just an update showing not a ton of growth but most seem completely happy. Natural yellow fade finally happening for a few plants. It really has a different look/feel than a deficiency etc does.

So now Im just left guessing when to start taking some down. If I dont take any down in the next day or so than I cant until next Tuesday because I have to go away for a bit. No one staying behind Id trust to make a chop either. I figure its ok though if some of the tops go a little long and trichs go mainly amber, itll be nice to get a good grip first hand on the different effects.

Heeey buddy!
IMG_4525.jpeg

Variety
IMG_4521.jpeg

@Herbies Seeds Godzilla Cookies being all Rawwwrrrr like.
IMG_4519.jpeg

Gorilla Glue corner, one on left is 10 days behind the others and still stretching. If she fully fills in Ill have a +5 gorilla girl glue rapier fo impairment!
IMG_4517.jpeg

Family pic! :cheer: :kiss:
IMG_4509.jpeg

We are on week 9 since above ground for most of the garden citizens. Week 5 for the younger set.

This is just an update showing not a ton of growth but most seem completely happy. Natural yellow fade finally happening for a few plants. It really has a different look/feel than a deficiency etc does.

So now Im just left guessing when to start taking some down. If I dont take any down in the next day or so than I cant until next Tuesday because I have to go away for a bit. No one staying behind Id trust to make a chop either. I figure its ok though if some of the tops go a little long and trichs go mainly amber, itll be nice to get a good grip first hand on the different effects.

Heeey buddy!
IMG_4525.jpeg

Variety
IMG_4521.jpeg

@Herbies Seeds Godzilla Cookies being all Rawwwrrrr like.
IMG_4519.jpeg

Gorilla Glue corner, one on left is 10 days behind the others and still stretching. If she fully fills in Ill have a +5 gorilla girl glue rapier fo impairment!
IMG_4517.jpeg

Family pic! :cheer: :kiss:
IMG_4509.jpeg
Amazing! They are all looking awesome, that tall Godzilla is living up to its name! She will fill out nicely. The 2 tallest GGs looks they same as mine and I'm at week 10.5 so if that's anything to go by you have plenty of time. The smaller one is almost done but I think 1 more week would be perfect a bit more swelling and as you said a bit more amber won't hurt, except your productivity :rofl: also I wouldn't trust anyone else cropping mine either, although my partner has watched several times she is a procrastinator and I would probably get several face times messages asking if she should cut this leaf and that leaf :rofl: keep up the great work mate :cheer:

They look fantastic, but I think they could pack on some more weight. Trics in the sunlight can be misleading. Give them time for most of the pistils (hairs) to turn color and crinkle in. They will swell up and put on weight right at the end if you let them. Are they all still eating and drinking?

Amazing! They are all looking awesome, that tall Godzilla is living up to its name! She will fill out nicely. The 2 tallest GGs looks they same as mine and I'm at week 10.5 so if that's anything to go by you have plenty of time. The smaller one is almost done but I think 1 more week would be perfect a bit more swelling and as you said a bit more amber won't hurt, except your productivity :rofl: also I wouldn't trust anyone else cropping mine either, although my partner has watched several times she is a procrastinator and I would probably get several face times messages asking if she should cut this leaf and that leaf :rofl: keep up the great work mate :cheer:

Im really falling in love with the Godzilla Cookies, their colour, smell and just over all dankness. The way her leaves drape, yeah Godzilla is a good name lol.
Yeah I do feel better about my GGs knowing that! Thanks ! that samller one is really the only one thats showing amber patches at all and teh bulk of those happened during high heat for 5ish days. Im definitely ok with letting her push out a few new hairs and do some more things. I just dont want to overripen... though even that would be a good learning experience. My productivity could not posssibly get any less. lol!!

No one even wants to touch these girls because of how protective Ive been. I wouldnt let them anyway though lol.
Im going to do trimming, drying and curing with my partner so she can get in on it but thats it. if anything goes wrong it has to be my fault lol. cant risk it any other way!

Thank you kindly Gandalf! Always good to see ya!

They look fantastic, but I think they could pack on some more weight. Trics in the sunlight can be misleading. Give them time for most of the pistils (hairs) to turn color and crinkle in. They will swell up and put on weight right at the end if you let them. Are they all still eating and drinking?
I really feel like they want to bulk again. The way the foxtails have gone up seems symmetrical and they are getting fatter. Whats really giving me pause is the trich colour in combination with relatively small amounts of hairs left.

Yeah they are definitly still taking nutes and water. Not at all sure how much. Ive been baby feeding them nutes for a month averaging once a week. FF trio following their soil schedule at 1/4 strength and then 1/2 strength. Im not sure if Im actually using it correctly lol... So I make a gallon of ph balanced water, add the appropriate nutrients. The trick is that mother nature has been doing about 70 percent of the watering. So Im not ever really able to give them a full water without risking overwater. Anyway.. 6 of them wind up sharing one gallon of nutes between them about every 5-7 days.
It really felt like it had an impact on them. But now Im wondering if that isnt nearly enough to do much of anything lol.

I was just trying to be gentle, not being cheap! lmao

Thought Id share some more pics today. Nothing new to really update about as they are all chugging right away.

Oh! Well I do have one update, we have a long lost little sister. She got stuck in windowsill as wee seedling with no direct sunlight. Was supposed to be an alternate if any of them didnt make it. Got leggy as hell too!

Anyway Im going to name her Easter after a cat I heard about a long time ago. Easter apparently said "youre just an empty cage, girl, if you kill the bird." So yeah, at least I have that going for me.

Say Hi Easter.

IMG_4530.jpeg

Everything's so GREEN!
IMG_4534.jpeg

I haven't shown much of the Strawberry Banana girls. They really took a beating from sun and also some N defiency that they never quite recovered from. They still decided to stack up a few dense sugary nugs though.
The bird poop bud came from them and I got to do a wee tiny taste test with some barely dry no cure stuff last night. and OH MY SMURFFIN PAPA DADDY!!!! Yes Dorothy we will land this house directly on that witch ...takin the slippers and everything.
IMG_4548.jpeg

The bird poop strawnana
IMG_4550.jpeg

Buddage
IMG_4547.jpeg
IMG_4551.jpeg

Gelatos waking up at last
IMG_4542.jpeg

My first attempt at LST, I just wanted to get a feel for it and it was off the cuff to do it. Not going any further with it but loved the feeling of training. I wish Id gotten about 10 days more solid veg off these Zkittlez to do more with but flower power and being outdoors an dnot knowing what Im doing... Im satisfied with them as is for this grow.
IMG_4540.jpeg

Purple Juice bought from @Herbies Seeds is still just going up like a rocket and giving a stretch. Her budlets are the cutest in the garden but do NOT say a word of that to anyone else! Im excited by Judy here, I only bought the one seed of this strain in hopes of landing a good purple pheno (like a lottery ticket lol). We shall see as temps are lining up perfectly to help purple things up.
IMG_4539.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

Times of goodness! sending those vibes out to all of you!
:peace::green_heart::peacetwo::circle-of-love::thanks:

Thought Id share some more pics today. Nothing new to really update about as they are all chugging right away.

Oh! Well I do have one update, we have a long lost little sister. She got stuck in windowsill as wee seedling with no direct sunlight. Was supposed to be an alternate if any of them didnt make it. Got leggy as hell too!

Anyway Im going to name her Easter after a cat I heard about a long time ago. Easter apparently said "youre just an empty cage, girl, if you kill the bird." So yeah, at least I have that going for me.

Say Hi Easter.

IMG_4530.jpeg

Everything's so GREEN!
IMG_4534.jpeg

I haven't shown much of the Strawberry Banana girls. They really took a beating from sun and also some N defiency that they never quite recovered from. They still decided to stack up a few dense sugary nugs though.
The bird poop bud came from them and I got to do a wee tiny taste test with some barely dry no cure stuff last night. and OH MY SMURFFIN PAPA DADDY!!!! Yes Dorothy we will land this house directly on that witch ...takin the slippers and everything.
IMG_4548.jpeg

The bird poop strawnana
IMG_4550.jpeg

Buddage
IMG_4547.jpeg
IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4542.jpeg

My first attempt at LST, I just wanted to get a feel for it and it was off the cuff to do it. Not going any further with it but loved the feeling of training. I wish Id gotten about 10 days more solid veg off these Zkittlez to do more with but flower power and being outdoors an dnot knowing what Im doing... Im satisfied with them as is for this grow.
IMG_4540.jpeg

Purple Juice bought from @Herbies Seeds is still just going up like a rocket and giving a stretch. Her budlets are the cutest in the garden but do NOT say a word of that to anyone else! Im excited by Judy here, I only bought the one seed of this strain in hopes of landing a good purple pheno (like a lottery ticket lol). We shall see as temps are lining up perfectly to help purple things up.
IMG_4539.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

Brotha you keep referencing the one as bird poop strawnana..... 😂 😂 😂 You got a good sense of humor on ya lol 🤙

But they're looking great... Nice green and all...I get a bit of N issue sometimes... I usually let them just rock it out unless it's bad. Keep up the good work.

Crap! I forgot to ask you all.

Ive been feeding them via one Ph'd gallon of mixed nutes (FF trio), for 6 of them.
at about half strength. Every 5 days or so.

Is this being stupid with my nutes?

Brotha you keep referencing the one as bird poop strawnana..... 😂 😂 😂 You got a good sense of humor on ya lol 🤙
Its intentional lol. I like visuals :hippy: Thanks Happy! I kinda noticed you do too lol:high-five:
But they're looking great... Nice green and all...I get a bit of N issue sometimes... I usually let them just rock it out unless it's bad. Keep up the good work.
Thanks very much! Ill tell them you said so ;)
Yeah These two and the gelatos. Both sets came up looking a little too 7 uppy (lemon lime-yellow green). Just going to let them rock it out and keep an eye out for extra bad looking stuff. Like bird poop. :) :yummy:

thanks for stopping in man!:green_heart:

Say Hi Easter.

IMG_4530.jpeg

Everything's so GREEN!
IMG_4534.jpeg

IMG_4548.jpeg

The bird poop strawnana
IMG_4550.jpeg

Buddage
IMG_4547.jpeg
IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4542.jpeg

IMG_4540.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

Looking super healthy and that bird 💩 strawnana is looking super sparkly in the sun.
There is nothing like trying your first little bit of hard work and the final result will be even better, so you had better get your flight suit on mate cos your going to be flying to the moon 😄
I think you doing a great job with the training, wait until you get some girls inside where you have them at your finger tips, you'll be forever bending tucking and securing.

I won't tell anyone that the purple juice is your favourite, your bunch might get upset and stage a coup, uprising of the little green ladies :rofl:

As for the feed I think I remember you saying you were finding it difficult with the rain fall keeping your pots wet which could have an effect on growth and nutrient uptake of the newer girls. I would probably try and find a way of letting them dry out and give them all a good 1/2 strength feed, I use 1 gallon of feed/ water in a 4.5gallon pot Ph of 6-6.5.

I always have a good laugh and a smile on my face reading here mate keep it up :green_heart:

Crap! I forgot to ask you all.

Ive been feeding them via one Ph'd gallon of mixed nutes (FF trio), for 6 of them.
at about half strength. Every 5 days or so.

Is this being stupid with my nutes?
They look good but you're underfeeding. That's less than a liter of 1/2 strength nutes. You'll get best results working them up to full-strength feedings. And feed to runoff at least once per week. For a 7g cloth pot that's at least 2g each.

Looking super healthy and that bird 💩 strawnana is looking super sparkly in the sun.
There is nothing like trying your first little bit of hard work and the final result will be even better, so you had better get your flight suit on mate cos your going to be flying to the moon 😄
I think you doing a great job with the training, wait until you get some girls inside where you have them at your finger tips, you'll be forever bending tucking and securing.
The potency on that tiny bird pooper popcorn is craaazy! I get super goofy AF, then some munchification and then finally a melty couch lock with great mind movies.
Tucking is still an awkward thing for me. Im probably going to need hands on instruction for it lol.
I won't tell anyone that the purple juice is your favourite, your bunch might get upset and stage a coup, uprising of the little green ladies :rofl:
Its a matter of interpersonal security!:laughtwo:
As for the feed I think I remember you saying you were finding it difficult with the rain fall keeping your pots wet which could have an effect on growth and nutrient uptake of the newer girls. I would probably try and find a way of letting them dry out and give them all a good 1/2 strength feed, I use 1 gallon of feed/ water in a 4.5gallon pot Ph of 6-6.5.
Yeah, I cant even fathom the girls taking a gallon or two of water. Whats crazy is that this has been kind of a drought season and theyve all been pretty close to completey happy water wise. Its like wow, if this had been a normal summer here they may have been overwatered by Momma Natura. Next summer for outdoors Im definitely going with an easy dry into the soil nutes set. Like Grand Daddy Black with those Dots. I just cant see how to maintain a consistent schedule with liquid nutes outdoors, rains too much.

Still even with the small amount of nutes theyve gotten it was a pretty stark difference. It took about a week for it to really start to show (as I didnt start feeding them until they switched and I finally recognized the N deficiency... lolling at how I thought the soil was extra hot and abundant enough to last 2 months ahahahahahhahahah)!!. So even that small amount spread over 6-7 plants did some building stuff. Very easy to see how someone could absolutely murder their girls with nutes.:thedoubletake:😵

I always have a good laugh and a smile on my face reading here mate keep it up :green_heart:

Thats what its about my friend! Good laughs, smiles, comaradery and maybe a weee bit of knowledge floating around!
I feel the same about your posts too :green_heart::high-five::peacetwo::thanks:

They look good but you're underfeeding. That's less than a liter of 1/2 strength nutes. You'll get best results working them up to full-strength feedings. And feed to runoff at least once per week. For a 7g cloth pot that's at least 2g each.

The bigger girls might be too late. Im looking at possible harvest in about a week. Im going to slowly up the other 5 if they make it that far. Late season IR spectrum outdoors might have triggered my two tiny ass gelatos lol.

Lots of possible rain days in future though... gonna have to play hopscotch with nature some more.

Im having serious issues visualing that much water being fed to them in one go. I swear it really feels like they want a pint or two twice a day at most. Could that be an auto thing?

Oh and when you say full strength, you mean like full strength according to the FF soil chart?

Thanks so much for looking in! Need all the advice I can snaggle off you all lol.

The bigger girls might be too late. Im looking at possible harvest in about a week. Im going to slowly up the other 5 if they make it that far. Late season IR spectrum outdoors might have triggered my two tiny ass gelatos lol.

Lots of possible rain days in future though... gonna have to play hopscotch with nature some more.

Im having serious issues visualing that much water being fed to them in one go. I swear it really feels like they want a pint or two twice a day at most. Could that be an auto thing?

Oh and when you say full strength, you mean like full strength according to the FF soil chart?

Thanks so much for looking in! Need all the advice I can snaggle off you all lol.
Full strength according to the nute mfr. You should be able to find an auto schedule for FF soil. I would try to stick to that, and let the plants tell you if they need more or less.

For watering, it can be hard outdoors with the rain. You want to do a FULL watering with your nutes if you can. In a 7g pot, those plants should be able to drink close to 2 gallons when they're really dry. And you want them to dry out between waterings, especially in veg. You should NOT be watering twice a day, that's too often. In 7g pots you may only need to water every 3-7 days. See the link in my signature about how to water a potted plant. As @Emilya says, make them work for their water ;) It really helped me when I was growing in soil.

Full strength according to the nute mfr. You should be able to find an auto schedule for FF soil. I would try to stick to that, and let the plants tell you if they need more or less.
I looked for an auto one and didnt find but did find lots of people saying half strength for autos. They were also saying when called to just take off a week of your choosing in the pre flower zone or something similar. Ill go deep dive that info a bit again.
For watering, it can be hard outdoors with the rain. You want to do a FULL watering with your nutes if you can. In a 7g pot, those plants should be able to drink close to 2 gallons when they're really dry. And you want them to dry out between waterings, especially in veg. You should NOT be watering twice a day, that's too often. In 7g pots you may only need to water every 3-7 days. See the link in my signature about how to water a potted plant. As @Emilya says, make them work for their water ;) It really helped me when I was growing in soil.

Yes, super hard. They only got mostly dried out yesterday but its rainy again today. Ive only seen them ask for water twice this whole grow.

Yeah lol, I study that thread of @Emilya everyday. My biggest problem is that I didnt by drain trays for them. Thats really hurt my knowledge on the girls. But! Thats what this first grow back is supposed to be about. Make a bunch of mistakes, learn and apply next time. Do it super cheaply and make 4 oz of decent flower. lol

When I go indoors for next grow I plan on applying all the things Ive learned here. Then I can run into a host of new problems and make mistakes etc all over again! Yay! lol :yahoo: :thanks::yummy:

Needed to do an update today.

This is a zkittlez from Herbies. shes had some tie down. Went just a bit early into flower.
Her sister is not having this problem with holes and mottling of the leaves. In fact shes the only one that has really had this problem.
Any guesses?
IMG_4558.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg

All help appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom