ANPF's 6 Strain Autoflower Outdoor Grow - Strawberry Banana, Godzilla Cookies, Purple Juice, Gorilla Glue, Gelato, Zkittlez

Still August 5.

Got to play around with some trichome pics today :)
This was one of the things Ive been really looking forward to.

IMG_3946.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

IMG_3952.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG
Oops so I mis spoke in last post... So I wouldn't start checking trichomes until later down the road... Unless just for funsies.. I normally don't check until I see 70-90% red and crinkled pistils....depends on plant.

But those digi scopes are neat... Check out a wound ;) you'll be pleased 😂 :headbanger:

Oops so I mis spoke in last post... So I wouldn't start checking trichomes until later down the road... Unless just for funsies.. I normally don't check until I see 70-90% red and crinkled pistils....depends on plant.

But those digi scopes are neat... Check out a wound ;) you'll be pleased 😂 :headbanger:
Exactly what happened! got the scope yesterday and working today, after trying to make a loupe work for my old man eyes and trembling hands and the damn breeze. So yeah was just a test drive and for the funs. Ive already stuck it in my ear into fruit and bread and cheese and lots of bark on trees.

I might actually spend more than 30 bucks on one of these next year. Go goofing on mycelium networks and moss bed communications.

Oh and I have all the space because I'm outdoors and hidden but just outside etc. I just wanted to try my first tie downs and those Zkittlez were asking so nicely. Ill keep running the ties as long as they keep stretching. Also gonna go check out your grows.
Appreciate ya!

August 8,

Family pic. They all seem mostly happy at the moment. Very much all doing their own things. They all act as indivudals now and get treated as such. There is no perfect repeatable trick. Exact same strains, germ'd, potted, grown exactly the same are all asking for different things.. mostly in small ways. I really love them for this. At this time Im enjoying them just pretty much expresing themselves how they want to. Next grow (most likely a whole new set up for an indoor garden, have a beautiful 3x4 space with 7 and Half foot ceiling... Ill be needing ideas on this soon if theres any input, Im here for it! :) ), Ill be training them, trying to push it and not be afraid of losing some.

This whole grow has been about learning but also something deeper that is difficult to find the word for. A bouquet of education, friend making, focus, tolerance (on myriad levels) it gets spiritual or maybe it can just be an endless source of inspiration. Anyway... feeling all gratitudey to be able to grow anything at all in this space and time. :)

Family pic.
The background there is a kind of grass pit created by an area that was dug into a little hillside for an above ground pool. Its been a great wildflower nursery. Also big grasses. Theres always a few deer that avail themselves of it every night. Yes.. its close but its also about a 4 1/2 foot drop and a further few feet away from the edge. But still... this whole grow Ive just been asking for it from Momma Nature. I know that if a deer or raccoon or whatever decides it wants my girls it will have them. Meantime I will be installing a couple lines to back the deer from trying to sniff it out from their bedroom lol.
IMG_4011.jpeg

It gets the best light but naw, next year if I grow outside here Im setting up a well flattened mostly gravel area with much better potential protections from the elements and critters. Lol... Im such a dork.

IMG_4012.jpeg

This Gorilla Glue is getting very spear like, keeping an eye out for nanners and foxtailing on her. She got really weird with the heat stress bothe a few weeks ago and this one we are going through since last last Thursday I think (90+ F and high humidity).

IMG_4018.jpeg

This is her sister. Shorter and buds are definitely stockier.

IMG_4019.jpeg

and her trichomes.. is this about done?

IMG_4025.JPG

Strawberry Banana putting some more frost on but all trichs are still glass-cloudy. However neither plant seems to be bulking up or growing much. Though it is supposed to take a wee bit longer than the normal auto. Sooo maybe she's got a few more weeks left at very least.
IMG_4041.jpeg

Godzilla Cookies starting to really fill in! Im really digging these two and would like to grow again indoors under more optimum conditions.

IMG_4063.jpeg

This Gorilla Glue is my tallest and shes running about 10-13 days behind the others. Shes standing at 36 inches now and still stretching while putting out about twice as many hairs as her sisters did. Closer stacking on the nodes too. She was a helmet headed stunter but look at her now!

IMG_4070.jpeg

Considering everything that the girls have gone through both at my own and in the environment's hands I am super impressed with the resilience. Multiple long 90+ days, thrip invasion, high humidity constantly, so much rain that I could only water and feed a few times... I feel like Id have to try and purposefully mess these girls up in order for them to not give at least a little decent bud.
@Herbies Seeds kinda kicks ass in my small but growing book.

Wow! Looking awesome my friend :woohoo: I think you will definitely get your 4oz plus much more! Great work growmie and those GG look very very similar to mine! :green_heart: :passitleft:
Im hoping for the extra week or so from being outdoors. We are at 8 weeks from seed right now. Sooo hopefuly a bit more time will be given for more density and trichomes etc. One of them is looking kinda ready though. She took teh worst hits from the sun and the thrips.

If all goes well for another 5-7 days... I think, yes! I will have my 4! If things go extra well maybe Ill average an oz a plant! 1200 dollars total (rock bottom pricing for an oz) in savings for 400 bucks, some time, effort and a little worry. Ohhhhh that'd be glorious!

By coming at a first grow with low expectations I feel like Ive left a lot of room to just enjoy the grow and learn more because of it.

Thanks for the compliments! Ill tell them all you thought they looked awesome :green_heart::thanks::cheer::yummy:

Im hoping for the extra week or so from being outdoors. We are at 8 weeks from seed right now. Sooo hopefuly a bit more time will be given for more density and trichomes etc. One of them is looking kinda ready though. She took teh worst hits from the sun and the thrips.

If all goes well for another 5-7 days... I think, yes! I will have my 4! If things go extra well maybe Ill average an oz a plant! 1200 dollars total (rock bottom pricing for an oz) in savings for 400 bucks, some time, effort and a little worry. Ohhhhh that'd be glorious!

By coming at a first grow with low expectations I feel like Ive left a lot of room to just enjoy the grow and learn more because of it.

Thanks for the compliments! Ill tell them all you thought they looked awesome :green_heart::thanks::cheer::yummy:
First grow in 25 years mate I think your smashing it! I always go by the rule of if I think they are done give them another week 😄 If only I could be let loose outside ..here in the UK there are still people who would call the police if they saw plants in my garden and it's still not even semi legal to have any bud, unless your one of the 6000 people with a prescription which are not easy to get. Please tell your ladies that I do think they are all very pretty even the ones with a little stress 😜 sounds like my mrs :laugh:

First grow in 25 years mate I think your smashing it! I always go by the rule of if I think they are done give them another week 😄 If only I could be let loose outside ..here in the UK there are still people who would call the police if they saw plants in my garden and it's still not even semi legal to have any bud, unless your one of the 6000 people with a prescription which are not easy to get. Please tell your ladies that I do think they are all very pretty even the ones with a little stress 😜 sounds like my mrs :laugh:
Mine too!

Im doing the grass is greener thing with going indoor this Autumn and Winter. Figure Ill run some autos and learn about LST manifolding etc. Get a grip on the different set of issues to be dealt with inside.

Im gonna be bugging everyone for help with it too lol

Everyone should be allowed to grow. Especially outdoors. Thats a damn shame but I also have all the empathy for you and yours. Im still giddyand grateful with getting to do this at all. Hopefully that wall comes down soon for you growmie!

Really nice start to the journal. It looks like you're adjusting well to what your plants are telling you. I always worry about outdoor flowers getting budrot or mildew due to excessive moisture. It looks like you're keeping a good eye on them, though. I'll stick around and watch them finish off, tag me if you have any specific questions. Good luck and happy growing!

Really nice start to the journal. It looks like you're adjusting well to what your plants are telling you. I always worry about outdoor flowers getting budrot or mildew due to excessive moisture. It looks like you're keeping a good eye on them, though. I'll stick around and watch them finish off, tag me if you have any specific questions. Good luck and happy growing!
Heya Budman! Glad you popped in and grateful for any extra eyes and knowledge.

Im very super duper extra nervous about budrot and mildew right now. We've had about 6 days in a row with 90+ and high humidity, lots of rain. Im keeping a close watch and praying that we are finally headed into a mostly dry spell with 55ish-85ish temps for the rest of this week and into next.

The bags are 7 gallons and the bottom has about 2 inches of gravel plus multiple drainer holes I cut into the sides and bottoms. They still seem to take a good 3 days to completely dry. I shouldve spent the money for drain trays. Missing all the info from the run off because of it. Its a bummer because I can really feel that theyd prefer some nice sips now and then rather than giant gulps all at once.

My wife person wont let me put a fan outside to help speed up drying... too many little storms keep popping lol.

Im terrified of DWC! But sooooooo into watching others do it! lol

Greetings!

8 weeks into grow for the older ones and 4 for the younger ones... And honestly I dont even know if these are doing good. I think they are but then I look at them and think that I shorted them some how.

Anyways what do you all think?

Let me know if you're noticing things that Im likely missing etc! All help always appreciated!

First up is this bud in particular. She seems to be the fastest to the finish line last 3 weeks in trichome development and bulking. Below the bud pic is a trich pic of her. Its the tippiest top part next to the newest leaf. I need suggestions on yes, no or almost? I like a headier sedative high. The in between inspiration and sleeping. Shes a gorilla glue.
IMG_4205.jpeg

Her trichs on top... yes.. not even close?
IMG_4202.JPG

Next question is for her gorilla sister but of a lankier pheno. Is her tippy top foxtailing or just gonna fill in some more?
IMG_4206.jpeg

This is the Purple Juice at about a month. This one seed I bought from them becuase I thought she just looked so damn charming and beautiful. I wanted to see if I could get her to purple up some and put her on the second half of the grow when temps would start heading (hopefully!) back into the 50s for most of her flower.. @Herbies Seeds You all have some really hearty lines going over there. Shes just all.. "leave me alone I got this". I love her.
IMG_4207.jpeg

Top of lil Miss Purple Juice and looks like maybe into pre flower ?
IMG_4208.jpeg

More of @Herbies Seeds genetics.. Godzilla cookies being super resilient and damn me if they dont look kind of like Godzilla as a plant! Seriously both of them have just been like tanks. Sturdy and not much to worry over. Super easy fun and quite possibly near a 27 percent thc are why I bought the seeds and they have lived up to the sell.

IMG_4163.jpeg

and then theres this.. is it birdshit/batshit? Is it mold? Budrot?
It really looks like a flying critter crapped on it but hey what do I know?
I really need to know what it is and if I should kill this branch? Theres nothing else like it anywhere else in my garden.
IMG_4218.jpeg

and lastly family pic :)

IMG_4212.jpeg

Gonna go chop it I guess... if anyone sees this and knows what it is please let me know.
Not mildew or powdery, theres no rot or webby stuff around or inside the bud. I just want to know what it is. Thank you!

Gonna go chop it I guess... if anyone sees this and knows what it is please let me know.
Not mildew or powdery, theres no rot or webby stuff around or inside the bud. I just want to know what it is. Thank you!
Did you look at it through a loupe?

yeah and digi scope too.
I snipped it off.. its weird looking stuff. It looks like it fell from above and splatted on it. Theres the dark (burnt looking) stuff near top of bud and then this weird gray splotch splatter effect on leaves below.

Bird poop ;)

Try washing it off...

Cheers
Winner... washed right off. I snipped the stem off, ah well guess this will be a sneak peak of the Banana Strawberry... Im so sad about that (bwahahahhahahaha)

:yummy: :thanks:

Bird poop ;)

Try washing it off...

Cheers
Literally was gonna say the same thing.
Winner... washed right off. I snipped the stem off, ah well guess this will be a sneak peak of the Banana Strawberry... Im so sad about that (bwahahahhahahaha)

:yummy: :thanks:
What a terrible day to have to try out your own grow lol .

Literally was gonna say the same thing.

What a terrible day to have to try out your own grow lol .
I know right? It's just horrible! ;) lol
(im so excited!)

Well a little pre-harvest test never hurt anyone :laugh: I was so pleased it was just bird poop and nothing more after all your hard work enjoy the taster mate!
After I took pics and came in from discovering the bird bomb I was apparently quite noticably sad because wife type asked if I was depressed. I didnt have the heart (otherwise known as testicular fortitude) to tell her that it was a plant problem. Today after clipping and washing the poor flower victim and every coming off clean, she remarked on how much happier I was now an dtaht I should just harvest them all.

I loooove her soooo much!
:circle-of-love:

Thanks for your concern! Nice to know others care ;)

Back
Top Bottom