R0ck

420 Member
1D9D78BA-2C9D-4526-A21B-5E58DF3CED8B.jpeg
6CD35A9C-3203-4FF8-9492-77B1F3FD1E9C.jpeg
C7620385-AB97-4B3A-8EA6-1BB22CA62AE6.jpeg
9A7F1D58-BE21-4787-8FB7-B1299123D4CA.jpeg
488505E1-BDA6-44BB-9778-A339ECD6BEC9.jpeg
356D7908-38D3-4BBE-B806-027757E5D2C5.jpeg

Have the white marks with some holes developing in the leaves... I’m planning on dousing them in Neem Oil tomorrow, but this is my first grow and I was curious if you guys have any suggestion as to what I am dealing with here. Not sure if it’s a pest issue, or disease/genetics at this point.

The plants pictured are feminizes BlueBerry Photoperiod.

I'm going to assume you know more than me about growing. I'm only on my second season. In other threads when people with more wisdom than me have chimed in, they typically ask for as many details about your grow to help diagnose the issue.

Any chance it is a nutrient abundance or deficiency? Like you said, maybe a weird mold or disease???

That’s a strange one. Blueberry is known to have crinkle leafed phenos.
Maybe look close under the leaf with a scope to see if there’s any pests. I think broad mites might cause symptoms similar to TMV.

Wait... is that several plants or just one?
Looks like broad mites to me also.
If it is then resistance is futile at this point.

So, I have six plants, three that look healthy compared to these two, one that might have some similar signs. Any chance the three that look healthy can survive, or are they screwed too? Hoping I am best off just pulling the ones that look infested from the tent immediately, and making my stand to try and save the healthy ones.

Removed 4 of 6 plants and disinfected what I could within the tent itself. I will not be able to get new seeds in the near future, so my plan right now is to try and get the 2 visibly unaffected plants through this. It may be a losing battle, but I need to learn how to combat something like this at some point, so I will give it a shot. Obviously, the tent and I’m sure the 2 healthy plants have bugs, but at least I can be certain to have removed the majority of them with the 4 infested plants.

I will treat the remaining two with Neem Oil in the morning after I can pick it up from the store. I am lucky to being doing this as a hobby and not out of necessity, so a major bummer but a learning experience for sure.

If it is broad mites you might need something stronger than neem.

Any recommendations? Did a Neem Oil treatment today, because I don’t know for sure what the hell is going on and figured this will at least be a good start in this battle. I have a microscope being delivered tomorrow, so hopefully I will know for sure and move forward. If this was caused by mites and they are on the healthy plants also I think I will discard everything, burn my house down, and then start anew.

I’ve never dealt with broad mites personally.
For spider mites I can recommend Mighty by NPK. Or for a home remedy foliar spray 1 cup hydrogen peroxide to 1 gallon water with dr bronners soap for a surfactant. The key is to soak the plants up and down with the spray and repeat every couple days.
if it really is broad mites I would think about starting over and totally disinfecting the grow areas. I would think somebody here could help you out with some fresh seed stock.
Also I use neem every couple days in veg regardless of pests. Super easy to mix and use. I’ve never had a bad effect from it.

I’ve never dealt with broad mites personally.
For spider mites I can recommend Mighty by NPK. Or for a home remedy foliar spray 1 cup hydrogen peroxide to 1 cup water with dr bronners soap for a surfactant. The key is to soak the plants up and down with the spray and repeat every couple days.
if it really is broad mites I would think about starting over and totally disinfecting the grow areas. I would think somebody here could help you out with some fresh seed stock.
Also I use neem every couple days in veg regardless of pests. Super easy to mix and use. I’ve never had a bad effect from it.

Hopefully, I will know for sure tomorrow with a microscope. Hoping to get lucky at this point and have it not be these nasty broad mites.

It has been a crappy few days since I realized something was wrong... thought it was nutrient issues at first like many do when a pest problem is present, and when it didn’t get better with nutrients I knew I was in trouble.

Will use Neem during veg in all future endeavors as well as some other natural concoctions I have come across to kill pests. An unpleasant lesson to learn.

@CannaFish @Nunyabiz

microscope delayed until tomorrow, but did a close inspection on healthy plants and see these:

D672E9A4-9703-437F-BFDE-DF04507BCD82.jpeg
80A18E27-39EC-43D3-B8E8-6593062D34E7.jpeg

Probably difficult to tell without the scope, but thought I’d share. Some are even longer almost worm like to the naked eye. Everything appears to be dead after Neem Oil treatment yesterday.
Any thoughts?

Initial treatment was Neem Oil...

today: 3% Peroxide 50/50 water
Tomorrow: 2nd Neem Oil Treatment
Wednesday: Azamax
Saturday: Captain Jack’s (Spinosad)

I think I will do the peroxide spray every day as well.

This is where I got the peroxide recipe from...

[/QUOTE]
Azamax has been found to have Talstar in it, as well as pyrethrins. Oregon just stopped all use in state after it popped positive for these non-allowed ingredients not listed on the label. Beware. You do NOT want Azamax with Talstar (active ingredient Bifenthrin) or Talstar on your plants or in you, and it is not rated for use on any types of food or smokable crops.

There is a far better solution for spider mites late in bloom. This works. Very effective. 1 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 cup granulated sugar in a gallon of water. Add an ag soap spreader to make it spread better and even more effective. Yes, that's it. Both H2O2 and sugar at that concentration are toxic to bugs, and the plants love it. I used it last year and it works. I have turned many people onto this recipe and they say it works and their plants love it. Non toxic. It is also organic, but I do not grow organic and that is not the reason that I use it. I use it because it is 1) super cheap 2) it works 3) it is non-toxic. If the sugar bothers you, you can rinse your buds when you harvest them. The plant will absorb the sugar and the brix will go up. Note: this spray will kill all stages of mites and crawlers on contact, but it will NOT kill mite eggs w/o the ag soap added. So you need to repeat the spray several times every 3-5 days to kill any emerging mites.

I also use refined Neem oil (70%) which is called different things by different companies for mites and mite eggs. Refied neem oil has all the azadirachtin removed. I spray it early in the bloom cycle and in the veg cycle to keep the mites away. It will kill all stages of mites and kill the eggs on contact. Neen is non-toxic as long as you do not drink the stuff straight. Even a guy that drank Neem oil straight thinking it was salad oil lived. Neem and the H2O2 + sugar spray are contact sprays, so you have to saturate the entire plant with them. Soak 'em good.

Good luck Mr Phelps. This email will self destruct in 30 seconds...

IMO , Azamax is the cause of this so called "Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome"
We have had strong weed and Honey oil, Hash etc for decades and not one trace of this alleged Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome, yet within a year of Azamax hitting the the market we get people blowing chunks uncontrollably.

Its Azamax Hyperemesis Syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom