Yes, I’ve been watering every 4-5 days depending on how lite they feel and how dry the top is. I also have a moisture meter if I feel they may not need any water.
They are in veg, they need to dry COMPLETELY out, not just the top portion.

Hello again everyone!!
I’ve been trying to compare this look to those in my weed bible and have my thoughts on phosphorus due to the “blotchy” look.. possibly even iron because I see dark marks but I also have no idea. What do you guys think?
Only 2 out of 5 look like this and have all been given the same treatment—-( FFOF) pH’d water at 6.5

8B7274F5-6B3A-4A8B-B563-43C316C7CE4A.jpeg
B15A6516-056A-4BCF-B495-53C23F7A18CF.jpeg

I’ve sprayed them all with neem oil about 2 weeks ago as a preventative so I don’t believe pests are an issue.
Any ideas?
Are you feeding any nutrients? or just water?

Hello there phiggy. My 1st question is how old is the plant. It appears as a fairly new plant?

Spraying Neem 2 weeks ago does not mean your babies are safe. I use Neem and my Neem regimen is a weekly thing. If you had mites (just for example), a single spraying will not stop them. What you spray is affecting adult mites. As the spray wears off and a new round of eggs hatch, you need to respray them weekly AFTER lights off.
Toss the Neem as a regimen, unless you want to use it on the soil.
That stuff is nasty and oily.

Are you trying to prevent getting mites, or had them before, and now you are going as a preventative?

It looks like the beginning of a Magnesium Deficiency.
If you're looking for a "regimen" to prevent pest, I recommend using a "food grade" product, not Neem. I personally use a product called AgroMagen.
If you're not feeding yet, I recommend starting. If so, you might need to bump your nutes, and/or find some Cal/Mag+, and start out using 3mL/gal. I use Botanicare Cal/Mag+. With FFOF, I typically come in a bit lower at 6.2 pH. (After mix)

Always spray at lights off. :)

If using cold pressed neem, be sure it is mixed properly (1 tsp/1 ltr water+few drops plant based dish soap no dyes or perfumes)
Yes this is my routine! I use Einstein oil. Was I formed they were the best . Sounds like I could have be bamboozled lol

Howdy doo. This might be totally unrelated but I had a similar reaction to neem oil on my lettuce last year. I had over sprayed a few of the leaves and a similar curl and colour occurred. I don't know if it is relavant, but once I rinsed the lettuce with clean water the problem resolved itself. I've had quite a few problems in my proper "Veg" garden but I'm still learning if they correspond to these plants we love and care for on here.
Ignore me if I'm wrong. Im only wrong 99.9% of the time. So the odds are I will be correct one day..
Squiggz
Thank you for this! I will keep this in mind! Sucks that occurred to your lettuce though! Glad you were able to correct it

It looks like the beginning of a Magnesium Deficiency.
If you're looking for a "regimen" to prevent pest, I recommend using a "food grade" product, not Neem. I personally use a product called AgroMagen. In
If you're not feeding yet, I recommend starting. If so, you might need to bump your nutes, and/or find some Cal/Mag+, and start out using 3mL/gal. I use Botanicare Cal/Mag+. With FFOF, I typically come in a bit lower at 6.2 pH. (After mix)
I’ve been feeding 2.5 ml of calmag with 6.5 pH. This was my confusion because I’ve heard that you don’t need nutes if growing in FFOF for at least 4 weeks. I started seeing issues within 2 weeks of growing

I’ve been feeding 2.5 ml of calmag with 6.5 pH. This was my confusion because I’ve heard that you don’t need nutes if growing in FFOF for at least 4 weeks. I started seeing issues within 2 weeks of growing
I had these exact spots last grow, FFOF. I thought pests and did the neem (mistake) and even hung the Hot Shot, wouldn't recommend that as it's not pest. Another grower had a similar issue with his grow and added Cal mag and it went away.

Fast forward to my current grow, FFOF, week 3 same thing happened. I wast feeding nutes because I thought the same with FFOF. I added my MegA Crop right away and it stopped. The affected leaves won't change. I'd say give that girl some nutes and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom