Anyone up for a challenge?

CF...as soon as she goes into the soil, I will be starting a journal in the proper Forum board. Be happy you are a little chilly... We have had one hundred plus degree weather for the past four or five days and the next few don't seem too much cooler. Lol

Do not mess with a dragon...
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm completely blind and I WILL bring up some girls, no matter how long it takes!

CF...as soon as she goes into the soil, I will be starting a journal in the proper Forum board. Be happy you are a little chilly... We have had one hundred plus degree weather for the past four or five days and the next few don't seem too much cooler. Lol

I'm completely blind and I WILL bring up some girls, no matter how long it takes!

Good deal Grandpa, we'll be looking forward to that.

I would love to take some of that heat off your hands, I have to repair my lawn mower today and had to put on a winter sweater and gloves! Just crazy.

Talk to you later, and have a right fine day to you and Kelley!

:circle-of-love:

Sare... cool deal! Are you visually impaired as well? :thumb:

CF... thank you for that thoughtful post! The beginning of every month is very busy for us. We get paid once a month through Social Security disability, and we have to get all of our bills paid before we spend any extra money, lol.
once that is done, we can go grocery shopping and we can go and get our paper goods and dog stuff for the month. After that happens, then the money that is left over is spent on other things that we may need for the house or our selves. For example, this month some of it was spent on a couple of the soil ingredients. Kelley also picked up a few things for herself to help her feel prettier. (Not that she needs anything)
We have a couple of errands to do today, and then everything is done except appointments and such. And... We will be broke again. lmao
Take care you too, and may God bless.:circle-of-love:

I am legally blind and soon having a eye surgery. Its corrected with glasses for the most part.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using 420

We will pray that your surgery comes out as well as any ever have. I myself, have had eye surgery as well. It worked so well that I had 20/20 vision returned. Then came the heart transplant. And, my total blindness. God has something for me to do that I will do much better without my sight. He blessed me with a new hard, otherwise I would be dead by knowing this... I simply cannot complain. now.

do not mess with a dragon, as you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Another stupid question...
Doing some research on some strains to try in the seed companies... The ones that are our sponsors here.. I came across a term under the yield line of information. It refers to a certain amount of gr/m2. I assume the gr. refers to grams but the M2 has me a little baffled. Does it stand for square meters? If so, is there a way to convert that into GR. / plant?

Another stupid question...
Doing some research on some strains to try in the seed companies... The ones that are our sponsors here.. I came across a term under the yield line of information. It refers to a certain amount of gr/m2. I assume the gr. refers to grams but the M2 has me a little baffled. Does it stand for square meters? If so, is there a way to convert that into GR. / plant?

I would not concern yourself with this right now, that information is for experienced growers and is merely there so they can get an idea of what to expect from each strain as far as yield is concerned. Because there are so many variables that need to be considered, that is not very accurate, consider this, take the same strain and put both plants in veg for the exact same amount of time, feed both the exact same nutrients, but have one in a 4x4 tent and flip her using a 1000 watts of light and the other plant in a 4x4 tent flipped using only 150 watts of light. Obviously the tent with 1000 watts will produce a larger yield then the 150 watts. Or take the exact same plants and use the exact same light for both, but veg one for 30 days and veg the other for 60 days, the one vegged for 60 days will produce more yield then the one that only vegged for 30 days.
I could see where that information may be useful if you were deciding on 2 separate strains of which you knew helped your condition, then I would say if one had a higher Gr/M2 then it would produce more yield then the other for you but if they are unknown strains is it really better to get a bigger yield? Example say you grow 1 plant and it yields 2 ounces of meds that work great for you, is it better or worse then a plant that grown exactly the same way yielded 3 ounces but did not give you as good of results as far as how it relieves your condition.
Personally I would rather have 1 pound of good quality meds that work wonders for me, then 10 pounds of crap that get me high but do nothing for my medical condition. Does that make any sense?
Now that being said, with all the potential strains available now days, while one strain may work good for you, there could be many strains which work even better. Hence the reason I keep saying, "So many strains, so little time" If only this was legal back in the 70s when I had more time to work with.

Point made. I understand completely, OG. It is a great analogy that you used. I will ignore that from now on except maybe to compare between two similar strains. I am probably already overstepping Myself by looking at them but curiosity rules the Kingdom right now. It's a bear when you cannot get out of your chair to do anything. Thank you for being so clear, oh gee. :thumb: :thanks:

I meant to leave an update yesterday for those of you who are following this challenge. Only 3 or 4 more things to budget for and then we will get started. I will start a grow Journal in the proper Forum then...up, up and away! Hope all of you are doing alright. God bless. :thumb:

I meant to leave an update yesterday for those of you who are following this challenge. Only 3 or 4 more things to budget for and then we will get started. I will start a grow Journal in the proper Forum then...up, up and away! Hope all of you are doing alright. God bless. :thumb:

Please be sure to tell us when you start a grow journal. I want to have a front row seat! Have a Great day!!

You bet, CM. Good to hear from you! Hopefully, this thread will continue to have posts after I start the journal. I will probably use this thread to ask my usually stupid questions... LOL

Fabulous! Have you heard from PJ? I need to get in touch with him myself.

And silly man! There are no silly questions for a new grower. :)

Take care Grandpa!

CF... I'm sorry, but I haven't seen nor heard hide nor hair of PJ. He and OG must be busy in RL. I haven't seen him either. I'm sure they are both around, and I know at least OG is very busy right now.
I'm willing to bet that as soon as things start moving, we will see them. Until then... Take care and God bless. :circle-of-love:

Hi again everybody! I just wanted to post and let you all know that things are still progressing, albeit frustratingly slowly. Between getting all the rest of the ingredients for the soil, I have to wait on God to repair this shoulder. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to check on its progress. I will report here if you want me to.
My wife, Kelley, had what I think is a great epiphony. She came to me yesterday, and asked me if I thought a better place to do the grow would be in the extra bathroom shower that we seldom if ever have used. I think it is a great idea, as we will have a drain in case of over doing the watering in any given cycle , a good way to increase humidity when necessary, and out of the way with no concerns of odors due to the bathroom fan in the ceiling. We will still be using fans to vent the heat from the tent, it will also be air-conditioned in there. In my opinion that will make for easy temperature control. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself! What do you guys think of this idea?

Do NOT disrespect a dragon,

Hi again everybody! I just wanted to post and let you all know that things are still progressing, albeit frustratingly slowly. Between getting all the rest of the ingredients for the soil, I have to wait on God to repair this shoulder. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to check on its progress. I will report here if you want me to.
My wife, Kelley, had what I think is a great epiphony. She came to me yesterday, and asked me if I thought a better place to do the grow would be in the extra bathroom shower that we seldom if ever have used. I think it is a great idea, as we will have a drain in case of over doing the watering in any given cycle , a good way to increase humidity when necessary, and out of the way with no concerns of odors due to the bathroom fan in the ceiling. We will still be using fans to vent the heat from the tent, it will also be air-conditioned in there. In my opinion that will make for easy temperature control. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself! What do you guys think of this idea?

I know quiet a few growers grow in spare bathrooms, Give Kelley a big hug:hug: for me and tell her I said thanks for thinking outside the box! That is a great idea!
Yes RL has kept me incredibly busy lately and I wish I could say it was going to slow down but unfortunately it is only going to get worse I will be dropping off a little care package to you in the mail today. I know it has taken me forever to get it done but thats life unfortunately. I have to go over to the lumber yard to pick up some siding and will drop the package off at the post office when I go.

Hope all goes well with your doctors follow up and you are on track with your recovery. Looking forward to getting you started on your adventure.

Your friend in Oregon
OG

Wow, OG! There is no reason to be apologizing. After all that you have already done, don't you dare! I delivered your message to Kelley and she laughed so hard... she said she almost peed. lol
I'm sorry to hear you're so busy. Hopefully, you can find some time to at least relax and medicate. Please try not to work TOO hard.

As far as my shoulder... Am no longer in the sling. Yeah! Now I have some physical therapy to get done, and while I am doing that, when it is feeling strong enough, away we will go. I am so excited to get started. You take care, and God bless.

C & K

Hey Grandpa! First of all, yes please do give us a report from the Doctor when you're ready. :) So glad to hear the sling is gone, but be careful and don't overdo things. Okay? Okay!

On the bathroom spare shower idea, perfect. I have used my own spare shower several times and it worked out nice. I was able to get 4 plants in there pretty comfy. The only concern I came across was plants getting too tall because the light was hanging from a board across the top of the shower fixture. I couldn't raise the light, so I had to keep the plants trained down pretty steady.
Yours is hopefully taller that mine was.

Looking forward to things getting started our friend! Tell Kelley Hi for us.

Yes ma'am... I'll do my best. Thanks to OG I now have a tent and an LED light fixture. We just have to put it up in the bathroom. There will be plenty of room to adjust the lights as necessary. So... No worries, I believe. Kelly will be glad to know that her idea was a good one. You take care and may God bless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm sorry it has been so long since I posted. We had a little hick up here. My shoulder is doing okay but I broke a rib a few days ago. It is just now becoming tolerable when I move around. Additionally our car has broken down. So far, it has cost us over $400 to get fixed what needed to be fixed. Now, it is doing a few things it has never done before that are just not good. So we are waiting to find out what the verdict will be. I hate to say it but we may have to get a different car and handle all the headaches that come with that process. In the meantime, I will try to get the rest of the soil ingredients together, however I can. Also, the tent and lights still have to go up as I couldn't do anything with that because of my ribs. I'll tell you... If it ain't one thing, it's another... And another and another

DO NOT disrespect a dragon,

I'm sorry it has been so long since I posted. We had a little hick up here. My shoulder is doing okay but I broke a rib a few days ago. It is just now becoming tolerable when I move around. Additionally our car has broken down. So far, it has cost us over $400 to get fixed what needed to be fixed. Now, it is doing a few things it has never done before that are just not good. So we are waiting to find out what the verdict will be. I hate to say it but we may have to get a different car and handle all the headaches that come with that process. In the meantime, I will try to get the rest of the soil ingredients together, however I can. Also, the tent and lights still have to go up as I couldn't do anything with that because of my ribs. I'll tell you... If it ain't one thing, it's another... And another and another

DO NOT disrespect a dragon,

Wow dude, I am so sorry to hear of all that's happening to you and the things around you. I hope the car doesn't cost too much, I'll be sending some good Karma your way for sure. Heal that rib up, don't overdo things. Give it time to fuse and heal. :)

We'll be here, there is no rush on anyone's end here. I just hope you can start growing some meds soon. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I see it...so I'm letting you know.

Love and hugs to you and Kelley.

Back
Top Bottom