Anyone up for a challenge?

I think we can get those ingredients without much trouble. If you don't mind my asking, what was the name of the garden shop? I remember hearing or reading about the need to let the soil mix "cook" for a amount of time? I don't know if I am remembering that accurately.
Of course, but idget will dictate how long it will take to get them all, but I will do it as quickly as I possibly can.

Do not mess with a dragon...
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm completely blind and I WILL bring up some girls, no matter how long it takes!

Wonderful.

I'll send you the contact info for the shop I chose in PM.

The theory behind letting the soil rest after mixing is simple. The grower wants the beneficial micro-organism population to multiply and become healthy before they introduce a plant into it.

That does not mean you must wait to get started. Baby plants do not need that much food, just like puppies, kittens, and human infants.

One of the things we will do if you can get the dirt ingredients together is mix up a baby food soil.

The main soil can cook for three weeks while the babies are growing in baby soil and getting ready to eat big girl food.

By the way, your legal state status and ability to shop locally is a big win.

I've helped a person in Manhattan, with little disposable income, living in a third floor walk-up, completely dependent on public transportation make good dirt... You're easy!

Sounds good to me. I will get those ingredients together just as soon as humanly possible. I did have a follow up on my surgery today, and everything looks great. Still hurts like hell... But getting their.

I'm completely blind and I WILL bring up some girls, no matter how long it takes!

I had a shoulder rebuilt 25 years ago before they used a scope. The scar from the incision is 6 inches long... It's much less invasive now but still takes a while to bounce back.

Have you considered the containers you will grow in? That might be another thing to pick up at the grow shop. It occurs to me that you may benefit from always using the same size pots.

1 quart pots for seedlings

7 gallon pots to grow the plants out.

If you choose to use the perlite reservoir under the pots to water the plants you will also need trays. The garden store should have sturdy 3 inch deep drip trays that will fit under the plants. These things are not expensive

Sounds good to me. I will get those ingredients together just as soon as humanly possible. I did have a follow up on my surgery today, and everything looks great. Still hurts like hell... But getting their.

So glad you got a good report on the progress. :) That means you're doing things right, and following Doc's orders. YEY!

You're going to be good as new soon and rocking out some home grown meds.

:circle-of-love:

Got it PJ. I understand about scars. I have one from the top of my chest to my belly button. Actually, it's three of them right on top the other. 3 chest cracks in 5 years.

CF, thank you for the well wishes and I am sure you are right. It just is very difficult to wait to get started.

It is also frustrating to not be able to use the emoticons on forums here. Each one of them says unlabeled button when my screen reader reads over it.

Got it PJ. I understand about scars. I have one from the top of my chest to my belly button. Actually, it's three of them right on top the other. 3 chest cracks in 5 years.

CF, thank you for the well wishes and I am sure you are right. It just is very difficult to wait to get started.

It is also frustrating to not be able to use the emoticons on forums here. Each one of them says unlabeled button when my screen reader reads over it.

Grandpa, when I post an emoticon how does it appear on your reader? I will put a couple of them on two separate lines here.

:circle-of-love:

:high-five:

Do you have text with characters?

I was thinking if I sent a post with some of the most used ones, you could tell your reader how to "spell" them if you memorized a couple of them. : High - Five :
all together would spell out the emoticon for a high five.

I hope this post makes sense on your reader. This is all new to me, so forgive if I'm not sure how to spell that out in a way the reader will see it proper.

Hey Eyesforgrandpa
I see Peejay and Cannafan have been getting you up to speed on your soil requirements,
:thanks: guys one less thing for me to 2 finger type:love:
So I have been told via PM/e-mail by a cute little Humming Bird that I need to get motivated and get my next care-package sent off, since the person doing the motivating is very persuasive I should have it in the mail to you by Monday. What can I say, I am a sucker for motivation :cheesygrinsmiley: I have been told that some Humming Birds that do not get their way will turn into Baldfaced Hornets and will sting the crap out of you if you do not do as your told

Hey Eyesforgrandpa
I see Peejay and Cannafan have been getting you up to speed on your soil requirements,
:thanks: guys one less thing for me to 2 finger type:love:
So I have been told via PM/e-mail by a cute little Humming Bird that I need to get motivated and get my next care-package sent off, since the person doing the motivating is very persuasive I should have it in the mail to you by Monday. What can I say, I am a sucker for motivation :cheesygrinsmiley: I have been told that some Humming Birds that do not get their way will turn into Baldfaced Hornets and will sting the crap out of you if you do not do as your told

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes...tthe circle of love and I-5 does show up with the screen reader. Only the text is red. If I knew how to spell some of them that would really help. Thank you. On some apps I can ask the screen reader to spell out what it last said. Unfortunately, this app doesn't work that way. All I get is the words in their entirety.
:Circle of love

Oh gee... LOL! I would not be surprised if hummingbirds can do that. It would sure motivate me as well. I know you have been busy with things going on in your life, so... No worries. It's all good! Thank you, once again. :Hi-5

Yes...tthe circle of love and I-5 does show up with the screen reader. Only the text is red. If I knew how to spell some of them that would really help. Thank you. On some apps I can ask the screen reader to spell out what it last said. Unfortunately, this app doesn't work that way. All I get is the words in their entirety.
:Circle of love

Okay this is very helpful. I'm going to work on something for you! Might take a little time to get it perfected. :)

Awesome! Take your time, I have done this long without them. I don't think I will die until then.::smiling face with smiling eyes
:Circle of Love

Okay, first let's try something. For your reader, spell out the following with no spaces. It will wind up to be all one word, so to speak. I will put in parenthesis if it's a word or a symbol/character. All of our emoticons here start and end with a colon symbol. There are generally no capital letters used in the majority of them.
So be careful that your reader doesn't do the caps. If you start with colon, and do not space, it shouldn't auto capitalize. I hope. The HTML code generated is very picky about being exact. LOL

So let's try the circle of love emoticon. Remember, no spaces and no caps. :)

colon (symbol)

circle (word)

dash (symbol)

of (word)

dash (symbol)

love (word)

colon (symbol)

This will be fun. From hereon I can do this via PM so we don't clog up the thread with it. :thumb:

colon (symbol)

thumb (word)

colon (symbol)

Edit: Just a note here, each word used in our emoticons is either connected with a dash (symbol) or run together. So our thank you emoticon starts and ends with a colon symbol and the words "thank" and "you" are all one word. No spaces.

Hi Grandpa, CCOiler here. I hope you don't mind me hanging out with you and the misses? You have the best of the best here to help you. Call out to OlderGrower, you are awesome dude. Cannafan, you are a sweet heart and bad to the bone. PeeJay, I hope you know that I believe you are one of the best growers on this site and beyond, and always ready to help your fellow grower.

Grandpa, there's not much that I can add to what these people here are telling you but, I'm a big guy and I can run blocker for you.

Something for your minds eye: in two to three months you will be smelling the fragrance of a green dragon farting in the wind. Dank!!!

:love::cco::love:

Oh gee... LOL! I would not be surprised if hummingbirds can do that. It would sure motivate me as well. I know you have been busy with things going on in your life, so... No worries. It's all good! Thank you, once again. :Hi-5

What can I say, I am a sucker for a Hummingbird, in my eyes they are the most beautiful of the birds, small and delicate but quick and stunning. I have 35 minutes to get to work, I better run, hope to get everything done today so I can keep that Hummingbird happy;)

Coiler... of course you are more than welcome. All I can say is that I have been brought to tears more often that I want to admit with all the wonderful help and people here. There are no words to describe it, so I'm not going to try.
OG... you describe a hummingbird very well. When I had my site, I love seeing them come to our house.

Back
Top Bottom