Anyone up for a challenge?

CF... thank you for the well wishes and positive outlook. It is becoming more difficult every day for me to maintain an attitude like that. I know I sound like I am whining, but I feel everyone has a right to know what the holdup is.
Here's hoping that light is not an oncoming freight train. LOL :circle-of-love:

DO NOT disrespect a dragon,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

CF... thank you for the well wishes and positive outlook. It is becoming more difficult every day for me to maintain an attitude like that. I know I sound like I am whining, but I feel everyone has a right to know what the holdup is.

Hi
I came aboard too.
I was reading all the pages and... after ALL that you and your wife has been through.. I think I would have lost my good attitude..probably way back..
All the contribution from the guys and gals here is really touching and you are soooo blessed :)
And I see you got the circle of love icon in the posts Good Job!!

I have never grown any ladies in my life only other type of gardening. If I see anywhere that I can help, I will post :)

It is all good, most of us have had times in our lives when shit just seems to happen, though I am sorry to hear about your rib, that is a real bugger since the only way for them to heal is time and no exertion. I am pretty sure I can safely say that everyone involved with this wants you to be successful and the best way for you to be successful is for you to be ready to take on this challenge, so if it takes a little more time, so be it, it is ALL GOOD my friend. Right now your main focus needs to be on taking care of yourself and Kelley, once thats taken care of we will have plenty of time to get you growing, remember, this is not a RACE.

So long as when you see that light at the end of tunnel you do NOT hear any train whistles, it is all good. But should you hear any train whistles, remember what they taught us in grade school "Duck and cover" :circle-of-love:

OG... that is also true! It doesn't, however, make it any less frustrating to wait that much longer. Thank you for those kind and understanding words. By the way, I sent you a p.m. When you have a moment, it is waiting for you.

Now... I am fortunate to already have some beans to start with, thanks to some very kind people and two or three that I actually found in the last one half oz. that we obtained from our dispensary.. LOL. Since I am stuck in a static position right now, I am wanting to be proactive and have been doing some research on Herbies Head Shop. I have found some strains that I would like to try. With the setup I have, it needs to be as lo odorw as possible can I have some advice on which strains meet that criteria? I know that N/L has a low odor profile in most cases... But I would also like to have more choices than that. Any choices that you would like to donate to this cause I would be much appreciated!

Also... Someone please post a link crop King seeds? Remember, it has to be ina post all by itself or an P.M.. Thank you in advance and may God bless everyone.

This marijuana growing is very interesting to me. I do have a challenge, however...

I am BLIND!

Additionally, I am a heart transplant Survivor. I hold the dubious distinction of being the only one in the United States ever blinded during the heart transplant procedure. Therefore, I old illegal MMJ card and am entitled to grow up to 3 plants and I need to do it indoors.
I know the challenges involved with someone like me, but I have my wife with me who has a good pair of eyes for the times and steps that eyes would be needed for the grow. I was wondering. Does anybody want to take up the challenge of teaching me how to grow?
I am on a very limited government disability income. Therefore, I do not have much money, if any, extra 2 invest in dispensary costs. Because of my limited income, I tend to run out of my meds before the end of the month when I get paid.
I am sure I can afford the initial expenses, albeit overtime. I certainly hope someone is willing to step up to the plate and teach and old, disabled man how to save money by growing his own meds.
Thank you and may God bless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using 420

Anything you need for your grow room? I might have some spare stuff....

W
ow,, ras! That is such a kind and generous offer! I do need a few things, like a fan as I have no idea where to go with one as I had such a small space in the tent. And just little incidental things. OG, CF and PJ have sent me quite a lot of things already. Not only with the materials needed, but also with so much advice my head is still swimming! lol
Even though using Mars Hydro LED lights, and a 2-foot x 2 foot x 7 foot 10 thanks to OG
I am sure a fan will be needed for at least a light amount of air to at least make the girls think they are in breezyconditions outside . Thinking about it... It might be a good idea to p.m. me, so that we do not clutter up the thread with this. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again, and God bless!

Wow, what a hectic past 2 weeks! First, our car breaks down... We think it is a starter, and the mechanic agreed, so we paid over $400 for a new starter to be installed. Then, we found out that there was another, more serious problem. That problem was a small 120 amp fuse that protects the entire electrical system of the car, that had fused together. So... After finding out that the part itself was $700 and installation labor had to be included, so the total was $2,000 and some change. Well... God was looking out for us, and he supplied us after a few tries, a brand new car! We needed no cosigner even though our credit is terrible. So, no more worries about the car breaking down and more repair bills. At least for quite a while. Thank you Father God!
Unfortunately, all of that has drained the budget. So we have no extra money to get the soil ingredients that are still needed. So, I am going to ask you all to be even more patient with me. I apologize... Really apologize... But there's nothing that I can do. It is what it is, and I have to deal with that. Just as my arm and my rib was to the point that I think I could have done the soil mixture and got everything started. Bummer! Thank you again for all of your patience, folks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You will start growing when the " time is right " It sure sounds like the Gods are telling you to wait a little. But it is nice to see your spirits are up and health is getting better.

Bird... Thank you for the encouraging words. I had the same kind of thought. I guess God is not wanting me to start just yet. I am trying to be patient... But I am so tempted to go get some soil out of my yard, and start with one seed. I know, I know... Don't worry I won't do that. However, I must admit it's more than a little frustrating. With all included, it was about $1,000 out-of-pocket. Frankly, $1,000 that we just didn't have. So, we had to borrow some from our church. It will take a couple of months to pay them back, but it was very kind of them to help us. We have a wonderful church family here! We all help each other. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! Once again, thanks for the encouragement, Bird. God bless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

HI Grandpa,

I'm just checking on you. Hope things are moving at a less stressful pace for you. Did you get the link to Crop King Seeds?

I prefer Herbies Head Shop myself, but everyone has their favorites.

I'll check back soon. I don't know where Older Grower is the last few weeks, he must be really busy at work. I'm sure he will check in soon too.

Take care and hugs to you and the Mrs.

:circle-of-love:

Hiyas CF!
I wish things were less hectic... We have been busy trying to fix a car that turned out to be way too much money for us to afford. We racked our brains for 2 or 3 weeks, surviving without a car. On a whim, we went to a car dealership here in town that deals in three different makes of cars. They told us that they could not help us with any used cars... Then invited us outside because they had something to show us. It was a brand new Hyundai Accent that actually fit into our budget, and was already approved by the lender. Of course, we were stoked to get a brand new car and not have to worry about repair bills and car payments. After that, Kelley has had two hands that were basically useless to her. We are waiting for them to come around as the doctor says he hopes they will. She has also had to have a lot of dental work done, and that killed our budget as well. But things are starting to clear up, and there are less things on our calendar then were there the past month and a half or with any kind of luck, and God's blessings... We will probably be able to actually start getting the rest of the sorrel ingredients into the budget next month.
That's the basic synopsis. I should have updated a lot sooner, but frankly, with everything going on... It simply slipped my mind. Enough about me. How are things in your world? I certainly hope you are not in an area where all of these storms are heading. I hope your life is calm and Serene, and full of love, peace and blessings. Talk to you all soon, I hope. I will really try to keep you all up to date more often. May God bless :circle-of-love:

do not disrespect a dragon,
as you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup

AB... thank you so much for those kind words, and right back at ya! It is definitely a relief to have the new car. It already has about 400 miles on it... LOL. Hanging in there for sure, albeit impatiently. Take care and God bless. .

I only just joined this forum and read this thread, and i must say the community here seems
like a very nice and generous one at that. Hopefully with the new car comes some new good
energy and your health picks up and you can a start a new hobby that a lot of us love so much.
And grow your own medicine to boot.

I was hoping i could get in here before you started the grow and just make a suggestion. Instead
of a soil mix i use coco, which is essentially shredded coconut shells. Like a fiber. It has no nutrients
in it so you would need to buy hydroponic or coco specific nutrients but it is a simple way
of growing once you have it set up and has a great yeild, almost to that of hydroponics.

I use and empty 20 litre beer fermenter to mix up my nutrients in. I mix the ones i need, if the
plants are in the growing or blooming phase,i set the ph. then i just use a container to hand water
the plants,filling the container from the fermenter.

I have used soil in the past and had good results but the bugs could be a problem at times.
For me anyway.

You have stumbled on a great community here by the looks of it and everyone is more than willing
to help. If you where near me i would have had a look at your car for you and saved you a bunch
of money but i'm on the other side of the world.

All the best, and i hope your health is on it's way back up.

I only just joined this forum and read this thread, and i must say the community here seems
like a very nice and generous one at that. Hopefully with the new car comes some new good
energy and your health picks up and you can a start a new hobby that a lot of us love so much.
And grow your own medicine to boot.

I was hoping i could get in here before you started the grow and just make a suggestion. Instead
of a soil mix i use coco, which is essentially shredded coconut shells. Like a fiber. It has no nutrients
in it so you would need to buy hydroponic or coco specific nutrients but it is a simple way
of growing once you have it set up and has a great yeild, almost to that of hydroponics.

I use and empty 20 litre beer fermenter to mix up my nutrients in. I mix the ones i need, if the
plants are in the growing or blooming phase,i set the ph. then i just use a container to hand water
the plants,filling the container from the fermenter.

I have used soil in the past and had good results but the bugs could be a problem at times.
For me anyway.

You have stumbled on a great community here by the looks of it and everyone is more than willing
to help. If you where near me i would have had a look at your car for you and saved you a bunch
of money but i'm on the other side of the world.

All the best, and i hope your health is on it's way back up.

Welcome to :420:
You got the spirit of the forum so I slapped you with some ++reps :) for being so kind

Cro... Thanks for that statement. I have always heard that those vehicles are very solid and reliable. Time will tell with this one.

Grn... you are one hundred and 10% correct about this forum and the people who populate it. Awesome people all the way around! As far as the cocoa growing... I am so unfamiliar with it, that I don't want to mess up anything trying to learn that particular style. I don't think bugs will be a problem since I will be growing indoors in an area that does not open to anything on the exterior of the house. Believe it or not, the 10th will be in our extra bathroom. That way, we have a ceiling fan in the bathroom to help them to the odor and the Heat, and the heat will be kept to a minimum because the lights are LED. Once I get a few grows in soil under my belt, then maybe I will delve into other ways and methods. Also, the soil I will be using is a water only soil, so nothing but water is necessary as all the nutrients the plant needs in any stage of growth is contained within the soil itself. All that has to be maintained is the pH, humidity and temperature. Once I decide to delve into Coco, if I decide to, if you don't mind I will contact you as part of my education in that style of growing.
I hope all of you here in the United States had a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend.

Back
Top Bottom