Archiweedies - Grow III

Yea so either I have an astronomical tolerance or the oil isn’t potent enough. I dosed 1 mil, slight effect. 2 mil little more. In frustration I tried a full tsp. I’m not super stoney, but my back pain is a distant memory and I’m not feeling any stress! Not bad. I think the oil could be more potent. Just have to decide how much more bud to add.

Surprising to hear that you were not getting any effect from your batch oil. I've not tried making oil yet. I make tincture with everclear at least monthly and really happy with the results. What I like about Alcohol Tincture is that it can be evaporated down to the strength you desire. Only warning will all edibles is to wait before increasing dose it often takes up to 1 hour to start kicking in.

I determined my tolerance level by buying some 5 mg gummies and then tried two. For me it was a little week so the next night I had 3 and found my sweet spot at 15 mg.

Each batch of Tincture I make I have to play around with to determine dosing. The last couple batches I have evaporated down to about 30 mg / ml and dose at 1/2 ml.

Surprising to hear that you were not getting any effect from your batch oil. I've not tried making oil yet. I make tincture with everclear at least monthly and really happy with the results. What I like about Alcohol Tincture is that it can be evaporated down to the strength you desire. Only warning will all edibles is to wait before increasing dose it often takes up to 1 hour to start kicking in.

I determined my tolerance level by buying some 5 mg gummies and then tried two. For me it was a little week so the next night I had 3 and found my sweet spot at 15 mg.

Each batch of Tincture I make I have to play around with to determine dosing. The last couple batches I have evaporated down to about 30 mg / ml and dose at 1/2 ml.

Totally agree on all fronts. I am learning, as we speak, what my dosing should be. I must have put in too much oil/not enough bud cause I put 6ml in my coffee two hours ago and I'm feeling it mucho now haha. I was expecting 5ml to be the upper limit. I have a gut feeling I added too much oil and not enough bud. I'll fix it Wednesday. I have some more herb I can decarb and throw in there and infuse it again. I got some nice wand hash that's already decarbed from my silver surfer vaporizer too! That could be nice .

I'm going to also try some oil later this week and should be interesting as I have never tried oil yet. Trying to find the right combination of oil to material to give me a dose of about 10 mg/ml I've been working on an excel calculator to help with the estimating. My avoidance of oil up until now is that you can't concentrate it down if it is too weak.

Good luck on your next run of oil. Post your results and I will use it as a guide. I have about 1 1/2 ounces of sugar leaf so would expect it to be weak compared to bud.

Au contraire Troy!

Sugar leaf has all of those amazing Amber trichs and can make some narcotic oil! Shit will knock you in your ass if you use 25%more in weight compared to bud

Au contraire Troy!

Sugar leaf has all of those amazing Amber trichs and can make some narcotic oil! Shit will knock you in your ass if you use 25%more in weight compared to bud

Hot dang. I love it here at 420Magazine. I've learned something new today and as I often say a day with learning something new is like a day without sunshine.

:thanks:

I'm going to also try some oil later this week and should be interesting as I have never tried oil yet. Trying to find the right combination of oil to material to give me a dose of about 10 mg/ml I've been working on an excel calculator to help with the estimating. My avoidance of oil up until now is that you can't concentrate it down if it is too weak.

Good luck on your next run of oil. Post your results and I will use it as a guide. I have about 1 1/2 ounces of sugar leaf so would expect it to be weak compared to bud.

You want to use 10ml of VG to every gram of smoke i believe I kinda do it by eyes

Here we g(row) again .
420-magazine-mobile1470758793.jpg

Aaaawwww yeaa! You know I'm in ! Woo! :blunt: . .

Yea so either I have an astronomical tolerance or the oil isn't potent enough. I dosed 1 mil, slight effect. 2 mil little more. In frustration I tried a full tsp. I'm not super stoney, but my back pain is a distant memory and I'm not feeling any stress! Not bad. I think the oil could be more potent. Just have to decide how much more bud to add.

Would love to help figure this out for you, do you have pics of your plant material before or after decarb by chance so that I may advise on your ratio of bud to trim?

I do appreciate the feedback I like troubleshooting. ✌️.

Would love to help figure this out for you, do you have pics of your plant material before or after decarb by chance so that I may advise on your ratio of bud to trim?

I do appreciate the feedback I like troubleshooting. ✌️.

Thanks G2HM, I did not take any pics but I did get up to 10ml and only a mild effect. Yesterday I took my oil and 220g fresh frozen. Only bud and sugar leaves, mind you. And decarbed that at 230 for 70 minutes. Then into the butter machine. I've tried 2ml with only a slight effect again. Should I be eating it with something? I'm just taking shots of oil here. I get my sunflower lecithin today.

Well we got three very aggressive seedlings this morning. Sadly, no movement from the Blue Dream. The other three went into jiffy pellets

Thanks G2HM, I did not take any pics but I did get up to 10ml and only a mild effect. Yesterday I took my oil and 220g fresh frozen. Only bud and sugar leaves, mind you. And decarbed that at 230 for 70 minutes. Then into the butter machine. I’ve tried 2ml with only a slight effect again. Should I be eating it with something? I’m just taking shots of oil here. I get my sunflower lecithin today.

Generally taking oil or tincture on a full stomach take longer to get into you system. I'm surprised your not getting any affect at a 2 ml dose. All I can suggest try 3 ml and then 4 ml and see when you find your dosage for the current run. They say that sunflower lecithin helps with absorption in oil.

I make mine in Everclear and then evaporate down to desired strength. Current batch I have couch locks me if I take more than 1/2 ml.

Generally taking oil or tincture on a full stomach take longer to get into you system. I'm surprised your not getting any affect at a 2 ml dose. All I can suggest try 3 ml and then 4 ml and see when you find your dosage for the current run. They say that sunflower lecithin helps with absorption in oil.

I make mine in Everclear and then evaporate down to desired strength. Current batch I have couch locks me if I take more than 1/2 ml.

So with the magic butter machine I quickly learned that the minimum line is not optional... my first run was my bud and oil sitting in the bottom of the container not getting stirred or anything for 8 hours. 2nd run I decided I need to add more oil. So I add oil to the minimum line and put in 120g of sugar leaves/tiny buds. After decarb it weighs 29g. Put it in with the original oil and 160 for 8 hours again. That's when I started playing with doses. Getting up to 10ml. That's two teaspoons of oil guys! I love olive oil, don't get me wrong, but I can only stomach so much haha!

So now, I've added 220g of fresh frozen Tyrone. It's all bud and sugar leaves. Whole plant.
2 cups of oil in, I get 1.5 cups out. This should be some super oil man!
I took 5 ml and have yet to feel anything....

The weird thing is, I sampled 1g of decarbed Tyrone before putting her in the butter machine. I got really high...like more in line with what I'm looking for. So I don't think the decarb is the problem.

A good buddy of mine mentioned my lack of a gallbladder making it difficult to break down fats could be a problem. Haven't really considered that but it could explain things.

So with the magic butter machine I quickly learned that the minimum line is not optional... my first run was my bud and oil sitting in the bottom of the container not getting stirred or anything for 8 hours. 2nd run I decided I need to add more oil. So I add oil to the minimum line and put in 120g of sugar leaves/tiny buds. After decarb it weighs 29g. Put it in with the original oil and 160 for 8 hours again. That’s when I started playing with doses. Getting up to 10ml. That’s two teaspoons of oil guys! I love olive oil, don’t get me wrong, but I can only stomach so much haha!

So now, I’ve added 220g of fresh frozen Tyrone. It’s all bud and sugar leaves. Whole plant.

The weird thing is, I sampled 1g of decarbed Tyrone before putting her in the butter machine. I got really high...like more in line with what I’m looking for. So I don’t think the decarb is the problem.

A good buddy of mine mentioned my lack of a gallbladder making it difficult to break down fats could be a problem. Haven’t really considered that but it could explain things.

PHEW...what great news. If you have a look at my pics again you will see my oil line is just over the minimum so the blade can blend.

Is there a way to improve my instructions to mention that, or was it just a little reading booboo...lol.

YOU'RE OIL SLICKIN' baby!!! And don't forget olive oil is omega 3 enriched, your heart, your brain is ready to benefit from your meds. The only problem is that your ambition is super strong, so there is no improving on that. wink wink

Thank you so much for troubleshooting as I always like to make sure everyone gets what they need out of my recipe for their medical conditions.

Would love updates my fellow Oil Slicker...:thanks:

PHEW...what great news. If you have a look at my pics again you will see my oil line is just over the minimum so the blade can blend.

Is there a way to improve my instructions to mention that, or was it just a little reading booboo...lol.

YOU'RE OIL SLICKIN' baby!!! And don't forget olive oil is omega 3 enriched, your heart, your brain is ready to benefit from your meds. The only problem is that your ambition is super strong, so there is no improving on that. wink wink

Thank you so much for troubleshooting as I always like to make sure everyone gets what they need out of my recipe for their medical conditions.

Would love updates my fellow Oil Slicker...:thanks:

Okay we have the missing part of the puzzle haha the lecithin. I added it at 1tsp per cup and it increased absorption rate noticeably and the potency has completely come alive!!

I'm a fan! Must make more!

Okay we have the missing part of the puzzle haha the lecithin. I added it at 1tsp per cup and it increased absorption rate noticeably and the potency has completely come alive!!

I’m a fan! Must make more!

TELL ME MORE please you've got my undivided attention. hahahahahaha

Gosh, I do appreciate you troubleshooting until you get it. I'm writing all these instances down as FAQ's for when I coach people. Is it okay to adopt your troubleshooting efforts? Your experience is valuable learning to me.

So with the magic butter machine I quickly learned that the minimum line is not optional... my first run was my bud and oil sitting in the bottom of the container not getting stirred or anything for 8 hours. 2nd run I decided I need to add more oil. So I add oil to the minimum line and put in 120g of sugar leaves/tiny buds. After decarb it weighs 29g. Put it in with the original oil and 160 for 8 hours again. That's when I started playing with doses. Getting up to 10ml. That's two teaspoons of oil guys! I love olive oil, don't get me wrong, but I can only stomach so much haha!

So now, I've added 220g of fresh frozen Tyrone. It's all bud and sugar leaves. Whole plant.

The weird thing is, I sampled 1g of decarbed Tyrone before putting her in the butter machine. I got really high...like more in line with what I'm looking for. So I don't think the decarb is the problem.

A good buddy of mine mentioned my lack of a gallbladder making it difficult to break down fats could be a problem. Haven't really considered that but it could explain things.

I agree with you the minimum line is more than I would like. To me it wastes my Everclear as I have to boil of at least 50% unless I were to make a really large batch. At least now that I have a decent supply of material I may try again with a larger dose.

TELL ME MORE please you've got my undivided attention. hahahahahaha

Gosh, I do appreciate you troubleshooting until you get it. I'm writing all these instances down as FAQ's for when I coach people. Is it okay to adopt your troubleshooting efforts? Your experience is valuable learning to me.

Please do. The lecithin was quite simply the key for me. Either that or I wasn't shaking it up good before use.

I agree with you the minimum line is more than I would like. To me it wastes my Everclear as I have to boil of at least 50% unless I were to make a really large batch. At least now that I have a decent supply of material I may try again with a larger dose.

Wait so you put your herb in and then fill the ever clear up to the min line. Is your herb dried, fresh? Decarbed?

Back
Top Bottom