Archiweedies - Grow III

Love th 5 gallon buckets . makes good use of floor space!

Thanks guys, I know it sounds bizarre, but part of my medicinal use is depression and you guys commenting means the world.

I'm determined to do hydro! I've been curious about it since I was a teen buying from dealers...."oh this is hydro,,," you know. I really am setting a goal of 3 zips per plant. I know that's lofty but I plan to add more light when I hit flower. I was averaging about 2.25 oz last run.

I feel you man, I use for depression as well :3 winter sucks .

Well it looks like your well on your way to that goal man! Super excited to see you work with the 5 gallon buckets, it's definitely something I'm intrigued by so I'll be watching closely!

Well discarding the idea of doing rdwc quite yet. Reason being, I need to get myself adjusted to dwc and fully grow a few plants before getting ahead of myself I think. But I can definitely see myself incorporating my res outside the tent when and if I do have a need for a control res.

Hey Archi, your grow is looking good!
Once you go RDWC you will never look back. And if you have a plant or two that needs to be isolated (for flush or hospital) you can always use test plugs to stopper the RDWC in those buckets and run those buckets as a DWC. RDWC is a win/win.

And I agree, depression sucks. The lack of sunshine in winter makes it worse. "Every thought is a battle, every breath a war, and I don't feel like I'm winning anymore." Growing gives my mind someplace to go to. I'd rather go to someplace fricking tropical and warm! I H8 WINTER! :)

Hey Archi, your grow is looking good!
Once you go RDWC you will never look back. And if you have a plant or two that needs to be isolated (for flush or hospital) you can always use test plugs to stopper the RDWC in those buckets and run those buckets as a DWC. RDWC is a win/win.

And I agree, depression sucks. The lack of sunshine in winter makes it worse. "Every thought is a battle, every breath a war, and I don't feel like I'm winning anymore." Growing gives my mind someplace to go to. I'd rather go to someplace fricking tropical and warm! I H8 WINTER! :)

I hear ya about the rdwc, I'm feeling a lot more confident about just having a central res to worry about. Feel like I owe it to myself to see the dwc buckets through. It's important I get the experience, good or bad haha, so that I can compared it to other grows down the road, you understand. I know you can appreciate my not so scientific process haha!

Nothing wrong with a not so scientific process. I could be accused of sciencing something to death on occasion.

No... really? You? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Even Spock has nothing on you. :)

Haha nah not you SD!!!!
I really like Rifleman's process. He records all the pertinent data in and out. PH, temp, EC, plant height. But he seems to do it in a efficient way that has become second nature. That is what is guiding me for my next adventure .

Plus I really want to try some new things like cloning, scrog, keeping mother(s). Just kinda ready to go and challenge myself in different ways.

Spockdawg

Archi, it can go both ways since all of your plants depend on everything working in an RDWC. At least with DWC the plants are isolated. Just playing the devil's advocate.

That's an interesting point. How are some ways to deal with especially hungry or not hungry plants in rdwc? That's a question I've often asked myself.

I'm not sure you can without plugging a tub off. I'll have three Thai strains in the system and they'd all better play well together because I'm not playing nursemaid to finicky plants.

Plus I really want to try some new things like cloning, scrog, keeping mother(s). Just kinda ready to go and challenge myself in different ways.

That’s exactly what motivated me to do it. You’re going to love it.

Hey archi did that blue dream make it?? Your dwc setup looks great man!

Naw it didn't make it man ...rip But I got a little something up out of ground .. I'll get that new journal going soon. Was hoping to have roots in water beforehand but that is taking a second.

Day 83 Toof Decay
420-magazine-mobile702812395.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2054947500.jpg

Introducing the next gals on deck:

A bit boring but I decided to try some known strains again but this time in hydro. We got some seedlings that almost all have roots in water in 5 gal dwc. Two Northern Cheese Haze and one Toof Decay from Mephisto.

Here's the plot twist: Last grow was inside my home, this time, I'm back in the garage. The temps in the garage this time a year are perfect nearly. I've had some low 60's but that night bring out some color. That brings me to the other variable in this grow, photoperiods and cloning! I dropped a strain that a fellow 420'er has been working on here. I will disclose more about this in a later post. I will be cloning in a Dewey mister aeroponics bucket and may keep the mother around after the fact.
420-magazine-mobile1735658415.jpg
420-magazine-mobile253918232.jpg
420-magazine-mobile978528254.jpg
420-magazine-mobile937341124.jpg

Cheers all!!!

If that doesn't put me on the edge of my seat nothing will :3

Babies are off to a good start! Can't wait to see some stupid fast hydro growth now! :D

If that doesn't put me on the edge of my seat nothing will :3

Babies are off to a good start! Can't wait to see some stupid fast hydro growth now! :D

Part of what took me so long to get a post going, was these guys are sloooow haha. Getting those roots in water is like watching paint dry haha!

Part of what took me so long to get a post going, was these guys are sloooow haha. Getting those roots in water is like watching paint dry haha!

Hahaha! Tell me about it! We should officially change that expression from, “like watching paint dry” to “like watching roots grow.”

Looks good, nice and green and healthy. I’m excited for this. Once those roots hit the water, sometimes I think I can actually see them growing. Going to be fun.

Back
Top Bottom