Archiweedies - Grow III

Wait so you put your herb in and then fill the ever clear up to the min line. Is your herb dried, fresh? Decarbed?

My herb is dried. I will be decarbing first.

Please do. The lecithin was quite simply the key for me. Either that or I wasn’t shaking it up good before use.

So would you recommend that I add to my recipe and tell peeps to make sure they include the lecithin or it won't maximize absorbtion, or shall I just include it on my FAQ's to give to people? I just want to be as helpful to people making oil for meds as possible. I did include instructions for the lecithin, so I'm not sure if I'm being clear because of my broken brain.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your pro's & con's of my recipe so that I may improve along the way. ;)

Love me some tincture and some coconut capsules. Works really well for my ailments. The only difference is you kids are freaking lightweights. :circle-of-love: I need huge doses because my tolerance is astronomical. I really need to take a tolerance break, but I'm weak... LOL

Keep it up guys! This is important. :thumb:

4A3C4E99-1ED6-4054-969A-4BB24D663907.jpeg

Love me some tincture and some coconut capsules. Works really well for my ailments. The only difference is you kids are freaking lightweights. :circle-of-love: I need huge doses because my tolerance is astronomical. I really need to take a tolerance break, but I’m weak... LOL

Keep it up guys! This is important. :thumb:

I'm a total lightweight GrandpaT, almost fell off my rocker the first time I tried oil. Instead I did a couple laps around the apartment and I was ready to wrestle the next person who walked by...;)

So would you recommend that I add to my recipe and tell peeps to make sure they include the lecithin or it won't maximize absorbtion, or shall I just include it on my FAQ's to give to people? I just want to be as helpful to people making oil for meds as possible. I did include instructions for the lecithin, so I'm not sure if I'm being clear because of my broken brain.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your pro's & con's of my recipe so that I may improve along the way. ;)

Oh your recipe is fantastic and I don't think you missed a thing. It was me, totally. I had to order the sunflower lecithin so I just didn't add it. After adding it, holy cow. The oil come alive. I would think it's worth adding to like your FAQ's or something. It's also notable, that running the oil through multiple cycles did not appear to harm the oil or its potency. Also,I added the lecithin days after infusing the oil. The lecithin never touched the magical butter machine. So, you can either infuse it or not. Choice is yours.

My biggest complaint is not realizing that there is no small batch option with the MB machine. I mean your minimum line is a little more than two cups of oil.
Having said that, I like oil slicking now and more oil is good! I just need to get better yields! Haha thanks G2HM!

Thanks for holding my hand during the process, so to speak! Your write-up was on my counter the whole time.

One other thing, and this was more due to my individual situation, was I kept cross referencing SweetSues thread as well because I was using fresh frozen. That changes the amounts and she decarbs on the stovetop where as that's a step that we as MB owners gloss over.

I might give Sues process a shot as I can use smaller amounts of bud and make a small batch up. Plus, if I mess it up, only waste a half a zip rather than a whole plant.

I'm going to be starting my final grow thread here soon. It will be my perpetual place. I know I could have the title here changed but I like to start anew every once in a while. It's more inviting for new people if there isn't too much catch up and I don't post a lot so, yea.

Well, having said that, I'm excited for our next grow. I'm in the process of clearing some room to set the tent back up in the garage. I don't want to spoil the details but suffice it to say this next grow will be me trying my hand at several techniques that I've not done before.

Can't wait to see your perpetual Archi! I'll be there :3 .

I will b there Arch! Know i dont post much but m always around. Not sure what my plans are after my last two girls finish in the bloom tent. I need to pop more seeds hey maybe i will do that today!! Cant wait till u start the new thread shoot me a link if u remember.

Thanks for holding my hand during the process, so to speak! Your write-up was on my counter the whole time.

One other thing, and this was more due to my individual situation, was I kept cross referencing SweetSues thread as well because I was using fresh frozen. That changes the amounts and she decarbs on the stovetop where as that's a step that we as MB owners gloss over.

I might give Sues process a shot as I can use smaller amounts of bud and make a small batch up. Plus, if I mess it up, only waste a half a zip rather than a whole plant.

It's good to try several recipes. Good experience to have.

I am in the midst of writing up a stove top recipe.

Decarb first, half ounce after decarb, 1 cup oil, 1 spoon of lecithin, 200F for 6 hours (quick fix 2 hours). This is going to be the Caregivers recipe I'm working on when someone can't afford the MB2 or doesn't have the money. Cheap and cheerful. I tried it on Toasty and he loved it, he pushed the recipe to 6 hours and said it was way smoother. Either way, there are ways of achieving the same goal.

Also, with SweetSue's recipe, would love to hear how that goes too. I just love this place!

I made a batch of oil yesterday somewhat by accident. I brewed up about 4 ounces of a mix of Sugar and Fan leaves with 4 cups of EverClear. It gave me a really dark green tincture that gave me a decent buzz at about 2 ml. I evaporated it down to about 1/2 cup and the result was really oily and dank. Really has a strong chlorophyll taste and gives me a good buzz at 1/2 ml.

Probably won't do that again but will surely use it up.

I will b there Arch! Know i dont post much but m always around. Not sure what my plans are after my last two girls finish in the bloom tent. I need to pop more seeds hey maybe i will do that today!! Cant wait till u start the new thread shoot me a link if u remember.

Thanks Pino, I'm the same, always lurking lol! Look forward to growing with you for a long time !

It's good to try several recipes. Good experience to have.

I am in the midst of writing up a stove top recipe.

Decarb first, half ounce after decarb, 1 cup oil, 1 spoon of lecithin, 200F for 6 hours (quick fix 2 hours). This is going to be the Caregivers recipe I'm working on when someone can't afford the MB2 or doesn't have the money. Cheap and cheerful. I tried it on Toasty and he loved it, he pushed the recipe to 6 hours and said it was way smoother. Either way, there are ways of achieving the same goal.

Also, with SweetSue's recipe, would love to hear how that goes too. I just love this place!

Your so right, if growing this plant teaches us anything it's to try several methods until you find your own. Cheers! Looking forward to that new recipe.

Same her bud!! Hope we have a great growing adventure that ends when we want it to end which is far from the near future!! Keep up the great work!!

I made a batch of oil yesterday somewhat by accident. I brewed up about 4 ounces of a mix of Sugar and Fan leaves with 4 cups of EverClear. It gave me a really dark green tincture that gave me a decent buzz at about 2 ml. I evaporated it down to about 1/2 cup and the result was really oily and dank. Really has a strong chlorophyll taste and gives me a good buzz at 1/2 ml.

Probably won't do that again but will surely use it up.

All trim no bud? I gotta try this. How long until it kicks in on you?

Back
Top Bottom