Archiweedies - Grow III

All trim no bud? I gotta try this. How long until it kicks in on you?

It kicks in after about an hour and really going good at 1 1/2 hours. I also put some sunflower lecithin in. Being very oily it mixed quite well. Really weird stuff it coats the glass jar with dark green oil.

Love me some tincture and some coconut capsules. Works really well for my ailments. The only difference is you kids are freaking lightweights. :circle-of-love: I need huge doses because my tolerance is astronomical. I really need to take a tolerance break, but I'm weak... LOL

Keep it up guys! This is important. :thumb:

4A3C4E99-1ED6-4054-969A-4BB24D663907.jpeg

Seem to have been at this a while, any recommendations for a good capsule brand that doesn't leak too bad

Seem to have been at this a while, any recommendations for a good capsule brand that doesn't leak too bad

Sorry for taking so long to answer...you know the deal. I have an excuse for everything. Just ask me.

I'm actually a newb at oils and tinctures. Take a read through my journal and you'll see some awesome posts with recipes from some experts like G2HM and Troy01. I've been using a Magical Butter machine 2 in the last 6 months or so. Before that I made tinctures by double boiler etc. I also used to make a very good shatter with Everclear. Anywho, I'm still experimenting a great deal. I'm going to try as many recipes as I can and tweak for me.

Lately I've been experimenting with rosin pressing. I made my own heated blocks–like a lot of people have–so my plan is to start experimenting with using rosin to make oils and tinctures. I'm just in the infant stages of that. I'm hoping it will be something worth the effort. What's holding me up? Flowering times!!! LOL!!! I crack myself up sometimes... Enjoy!

5C7AFE59-C947-44EC-8A81-B8AA547A6B7E.jpeg
A795C1AB-0A72-499D-808D-4DFE16BFF7F1.jpeg
78D12DA2-84D5-4830-B632-0FBD040D9CD1.jpeg

A132767D-DA06-4AC6-A4DA-CDE1E6BC3330.jpeg

DA4B8C55-4535-49F4-BA4E-B4136C46361C.jpeg

Sorry for taking so long to answer...you know the deal. I have an excuse for everything. Just ask me.

I'm actually a newb at oils and tinctures. Take a read through my journal and you'll see some awesome posts with recipes from some experts like G2HM and Troy01. I've been using a Magical Butter machine 2 in the last 6 months or so. Before that I made tinctures by double boiler etc. I also used to make a very good shatter with Everclear. Anywho, I'm still experimenting a great deal. I'm going to try as many recipes as I can and tweak for me.

Lately I've been experimenting with rosin pressing. I made my own heated blocks–like a lot of people have–so my plan is to start experimenting with using rosin to make oils and tinctures. I'm just in the infant stages of that. I'm hoping it will be something worth the effort. What's holding me up? Flowering times!!! LOL!!! I crack myself up sometimes... Enjoy!

5C7AFE59-C947-44EC-8A81-B8AA547A6B7E.jpeg
A795C1AB-0A72-499D-808D-4DFE16BFF7F1.jpeg
78D12DA2-84D5-4830-B632-0FBD040D9CD1.jpeg

A132767D-DA06-4AC6-A4DA-CDE1E6BC3330.jpeg

DA4B8C55-4535-49F4-BA4E-B4136C46361C.jpeg

Ugh yea...that rosin press hydraulic press deal looks awesome! I tried squeezing a mug between a hair flattener once. I now know, I didn't press hard enough lol.

That's really cool man, how do you get the one long strand of rosin like that? I need to learn more about this it seems.

After i scrape it up off the parchment I put the glob on a silicon pad and then on the warm press for a second. Just enough to allow me to manipulate it. After a few days it gets really stable and I can handle it with my fingers. It takes some experimenting with pressing temperatures and I’ve noticed every strain is different as well. I’m still learning.

For sure man.
So guys, any input on a system like this? I see the benefit in terms of res volume and ease of water changes. But you lose an entire spot in your tent.

I was considering running the pvc outside the tent where the res would sit.
Is there a better way I'm not seeing? I'd like to do 4 plants max

Edit: oh yea... I guess a link would help lol....
How to Build a Two-Bucket DWC System

That’s awesome. That’s just a little press from harbor freight?

Yup. Harbor Freight. I think it was about $140 US. I watched this video from Greenjeans and I was hooked. He has everything listed for what is needed. I have a full shop with a drill press, etc. Works really well.

For sure man.
So guys, any input on a system like this? I see the benefit in terms of res volume and ease of water changes. But you lose an entire spot in your tent.

I was considering running the pvc outside the tent where the res would sit.
Is there a better way I’m not seeing? I’d like to do 4 plants max

Edit: oh yea... I guess a link would help lol....
How to Build a Two-Bucket DWC System

That’s great for one plant. I made my own for two plants, following this diagram (I tweaked a little). It’s an undercurrent RDWC:

C274F7A3-732E-428D-B5EC-EA42C234FF09.jpeg

I like your idea of having the res outside the tent. Easy to do for sure. I like it!

Yup. Harbor Freight. I think it was about $140 US. I watched this video from Greenjeans and I was hooked. He has everything listed for what is needed. I have a full shop with a drill press, etc. Works really well.

I have a decent shop too, I'm a bit of a hobbyist woodworker. I've never had a use for a press....until now haha!

That's great for one plant. I made my own for two plants, following this diagram (I tweaked a little). It's an undercurrent RDWC:

C274F7A3-732E-428D-B5EC-EA42C234FF09.jpeg

I like your idea of having the res outside the tent. Easy to do for sure. I like it!

Wicked setup. Anything you'd do differently?

I run my reservoir outside the tent. It works fine out there and its easy to get at.
MG_9592.jpg

MG_9595.jpg

That's Right you do SD!!! Aww yea! I think I might have some ideas now....

Well discarding the idea of doing rdwc quite yet. Reason being, I need to get myself adjusted to dwc and fully grow a few plants before getting ahead of myself I think. But I can definitely see myself incorporating my res outside the tent when and if I do have a need for a control res.

Meanwhile I have a little sneak peek snap shot of what my garden is looking like. Toof Decay is Day 68 but she's not even close. She is a bushy gal! Gerbil goo is starting to build. She's not really a stinker. About average I'd say.

The DWC's are fairly self-explanatory. I dropped two NCH and another Toof Decay from Mephisto and a secret photoperiod strain that I will document once I start the new perpetual journal.

Hope everyone is having an amazing day!
420-magazine-mobile1400538746.jpg

Back
Top Bottom