Archiweedies Is Back At It! 4x4 Tent, LED’s, Coco & Mephisto Genetics

Update Day 76 Harvest Day
Today was the first day I’ve had since Christmas to even hope to have time for harvesting. Every calyx I looked at had at least a couple ambers and no clears. I feel a lot more comfortable looking at trichomes now. I just needed to have patience with my hands shaking and stuff.
Here’s three final shots of the plants right before chop. Bubbly Livers began showing some purple in the fan leaves. I had let temps get down to 64f during the dark cycle this last week or so.

Mystery 1 came in at 158g wet
Mystery 2 190g wet
Bubbly Livers 207g wet.

I keep the stem on until they dry so the weight is somewhat inflated I suppose. The veg box is set up with the buds in brown bags and the box is 60F 60%RH.
Cheers!

awesome buds, Archie!

Thanks BG! They’re just about cured and I wanted to say thanks to Shed cause the rice balls thing seemed to do the trick for me today when I noticed one jar hanging in the 68-70%zone. It’s humid enough here right now that an extended burp wasn’t the answer.

Grow Conclusions
Well it’s been a crazy ride ,this journal. I’ve made good friends, learned some great stuff from a lot of you, and feel like I have made some steps towards becoming a better grower. I’m also happy to report that my health is getting better both mentally and physically. I am proof this plant heals.
I am in the middle of the veg period in my next endeavor, link in the sig, and would love to have you all check things out if you haven’t. I had a rocky start but things are just now really getting going good.

On to the details of the strains. I never did figure out the mystery ;) All I know is this herb put off a really funky smell when I chopped them. I say them because it’s certain they are the same, just not sure what it is. The smell was almost off putting at first but as the cure has gone on the smell has turned a little sweeter. The smoke is earthy with almost a coffee like taste. The high is uplifting and energetic.
Bubbly Livers has notes of blueberry and for some reason I can’t put it down. It’s one of those mouth watering strains. I’m happy I have a few more beans of it.

I dried in paper bags as it’s the most convenient way for me and I’m happy with the results. They were trimmed wet and I left them on the stems.

After five days of being in the 65F range fairly consistently and around 50-60%RH were clipped from the stems and jarred. Ambient humidity has been high here last couple weeks and it was a challenge but with the aid of Sheds rice ball tutorial I was able to remove the humidity below 62% and I stayed married to this cat and mouse game of getting that humidity right there.
I persevered and did not get a diminished harvest as a result!

Thanks everyone for hanging with me on this journal I look forward to reading all of your adventuresz for years to come.
:green_heart::420: :passitleft:

Pretty buds and nice summation. Well done on the grow and your health. I wish I had more to offer on the current grow but with all the Brixing going on I'm just there for moral support :).
:Namaste:
Well I’m just glad your with me buddy. I know it isn’t your deal. The brix crew won’t let me fail! It has been a challenge but we are off and running now I can tell by looking at the plants. Next update will be good as the plants have really started perking up almost overnight and they are getting darker green aLmost in front of my eyes.

Up-potting should be written into the HB manual after what you and Magoo have gone through.
Duggan does say upcanning works every time.
What is brix???
Brix is a measurement of the sugar content in the leaves. Grape growers use it make the most delicious wine and Doc Bud has been developing a kit that allows us to amend our inert soil like HP Pro Mix with lots of rock minerals and cultivate a healthy microbial life. A refractometer is used to test the brix level and it is said that at higher brix levels your plants build up a higher resistance to pests, even outdoors. The reason organic tastes better in food is because of brix. I’ve not had any hi brix cannabis but the potency and effects are said to be more pronounced the higher the brix level.
Hope I did that justice :)
Congrats on a successful harvest!
Thanks Penny! We made it through another one together! I think you’ve been present in all my journals to date! Thanks man! Hope your all settled in and prepping your own organic grow!

Duggan does say upcanning works every time.

Brix is a measurement of the sugar content in the leaves. Grape growers use it make the most delicious wine and Doc Bud has been developing a kit that allows us to amend our inert soil like HP Pro Mix with lots of rock minerals and cultivate a healthy microbial life. A refractometer is used to test the brix level and it is said that at higher brix levels your plants build up a higher resistance to pests, even outdoors. The reason organic tastes better in food is because of brix. I’ve not had any hi brix cannabis but the potency and effects are said to be more pronounced the higher the brix level.
Hope I did that justice :)

Thanks! I hadn't encountered that word before finding this forum. I'll try to find doc and read about it there, too

Careful, its a slippery slope ;) Thats how I got started with it, I ran across Amy Gardeners blue dream and noticed it had "fake plant" look as Ive learned hi brix cannabis plants often have. I had to know more.

When brix levels are high the leaves will look waxy and people use the term when plants don't have and signs of deficiency and leaves look perfect, kinda like a fake house plant.
does this look like a fake plant?
P_20190113_095111_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Back
Top Bottom