Spring's Obvious - Stealth Grow!

Good weed Spring:)

Hey Springa; How are you??
Just thought Id better drop in and say HI:) Wow - Looks like we have a girl roughly the same stage as each other!!
My next girl is moving fairly quick now and will soon be the start of my next journal!
Are both them girls Auto's?? Be good if one wasnt, then we could do a " comparable " grow!! Anyways, Hoping that they all grow well for you, Take it easy mate, and will chat soon ok.. Have a good one!! Smokemup:goodjob:

Well DonPaul, apparently the Sunmaster is a good Dual Spec globe and was actually one I was thinking of buying and trying a grow with??
But I was going for a 600w tho...
See the plants need certain spectrums, the sun gives both spectrums plus more so its my rationale that having BOTH spectrums available to the plant from Veg to Flower should give overall better results than switching from a MH to HPS..
In saying that , I CAN ONLY SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT VEGGING WITH 6500K CFL's!! They seem to respond well to that light during Veg Ive noticed in my soil grows. I usually raise my sprouts with them until their branch pattern is too wide for CFL's.. Then goes the 400w:)
Anyways what you rekn??? Have a good one! Smokemup

i agree, cfls make a real good start for these plants, node spacing is very tight, i still use cfls often, if my grow room is in flower then i start plants and clones under cfls for a few weeks and dont even need many cfls, they seem to work well with just a few,

a lot of growers say cfls just make the plants stretch, maybe 10 years ago they did but the cfls i use dont cause any stretch at all, maybe they had the lights to far away from the plants, mine are about an inch from the tops of the plants when using cfls.

thanks for the info on the bulb im using, i guess having both spectrums does help, i know a lot of growers say the red spectrum is for flower, but what about all the growers that flower in the middle of summer and not the autumn, a lot of growers on the net get amazing results by flowering in the middle of summer and using covers to stop the light getting in to keep plants in flower, these growers where getting huge buds, the plants where getting maximum light, clearly not as much red light as autumn but their results where amazing and some said its better to flower in the middle of summer when sun is at its highest,

i might just need a bigger light, but this grow now seems to be doing a whole lot better, im pretty sure 20-4 and 24-0 is just stressing the plants, my autos grown under 20-4 ended up small with yields of 1/8th to 1/2oz, i grew 5 kc45 and got poor results, then i grew one under 12-12 and ended up with a 3ft plant with 5 buds 1ft long, the buds are now dry and hardly shrunk at all, still 1ft long and still fat, the plant took longer to grow under 12-12 by about 3 to 4 weeks, under 20-4 they started flowering at week 2, under 12-12 they started to flower around week 4,

ill see how this grow goes i got going now, ive got my lights on 17-7 as i got 1 auto growing and i need to veg my other plants so cant go 12-12, but since dropping the light from 20-4 to 17-7 i have noticed my plants look a darker shade of green, the growth has been a lot better and the plants seem to be growing much quicker compared with others grows, everything else is the same, nutes, distance from light, soil,temps etc etc, everything is the same apart from the light schedule,

when my autos done ill use glr or use it for the next grow, but it looks like these plants really do much better when they get more dark hours,

i got my small cfl cupboard set up all the time so use that for clones, but as my grow room is on veg i got nothing under cfls but all the plants in veg and the clones was started under the cfls, my first grow was pure cfls, 6400k for veg and 2700k for flower, well a mixture of the 2. i got great results just off the cfls, but the more i grew the more lights i needed, when i checked the watts i was using around 400watts with the cfls so bought a digital ballast, it came with the dual spec bulb so used that ever since,

how often would we change bulbs for new ones,

17/7 sounds cool for an auto :)

You are right. Plants need darkness as much as light.

And CFLs kick ass for veg. :high-five:

Stretch not, young seedling, light is at hand.

Good weed Spring, hope you are well :)

There are different schools of thought on whether plants need darkness during veg, I'm still not sure what I think, but I've never given a plant in veg any darkness.....they run 24/7 til they go in the flower room.

Good weed Spring and a Fine Sativaday too:circle-of-love:

Fish...Good weed!! Sorry folks I have been working so much..so tired...But thanks for keeping the conversation going and excellent content. Dp always gets deep thought going! The girls are doing well and I'll have a few pics up later today along with a pic of new local bud I picked up. Called Mango Kush but hell I can't tell...smells good and is high in THC.

The girls are still under the MH but I'm itching to switch...I just miss that golden glow of my HPS.Since I started the BPN schedule they are both showing significant growth. Damn I almost tempted to pull a few leaves..I'm a student of Bassman's method but I like to balance it a bit instead of an aggressive approach. I feel as if its my first grow...last few all blended in together.This grow started off fresh. That said the growth seems slower to me.

Thanks again everyone for showing up here!

Well Ive done 24/0 lighting during Veg, and Ive also done 17/7.. Now while there are thoughts on no difference between 24/0 and say 18/6, But Im here to DISAGREE..
If you research weed, it produces certain hormones and repairs and such while in dark periods. Dark periods occur naturally outdoors and the plants manage to achieve heights of 16ft tall and Theyre not under 24 hr light.
The plants I run on my 17/7 schedule show good growth, healthy size and I try to mimick nature and be as organic as possible - So thats why I include a dark period.
And yeah agree DonPaul - The CFL's we use now 6500k's are wikid good for starting a plant and possibly achieving a big plant during veg - If I had enough sockets or access to socket extensions Id try a multi CFL grow as Ive seen it first hand on other journals,, youll see the CFL plant as said has tight node spaces, lush coloring and also large fan leaves they tend to look shorter and really bushy - Thats why Ive raised my CFL's atm about 2inches so I can get some stretch for her LST, But as she got burnt I wiont start training until it grows out some more..
Anyways, Im not here to tell someone on what to use in there grow but I can say from my experience that Value for money wise, and ease of use ( no fans ) the household 6500k CFL X 2 will grow the starts of a great plant!!
OK well I best go turn the lights on for my gal Teresa, I give her 4 hrs dark atm, hope she can heal herself and will keep up her stellar work.
Nice job Springa, sorry for the Hijak:/ Hope its ok, what I wrote prob dont make sense - Ive only bin awake for a litttle while and Im baked too.. not a good combo! But yeah cheers guys and will chat soon.. Smokemup

Mango Kush eh! that sounds tasty:)
A fine Skunkday to you Spring!

Smokem your opinion is always welcome!! Thanks guys for swinging through. Pics as promised!

image_2_16.jpeg
image_1_21.jpeg
photo485.JPG
image89.jpeg

Fish!!!Good weed my friend! The mango Kush is going quickly...My wife will freak if I buy another qt in less than a week! I do too many bong hits when I manage to be home..Having to shut completely down for a few weeks really hurt my private stash.

photo_1_101.JPG

hey spring, thought id drop in if you dont mind! those are some good genetics..i love when babies exhibit sativa leaves..means my smoke will be really potent.

of course you need a dark period! if you noticed as seedlings the plants will "reach for the sky". this is them laying down roots. if you noticed during the night hours the seedlings really reach towards the sky. this is becuase theyre building roots! 18/6 is the best.

hard to tell but looks like some haze or skunk? itll be easier to tell after the stretch. most plants grow into their uniform look and smell after puberty.

Thanks b.real....18/6 is usually what I have done in the past and I basically follow that now. with autos I have a ton of flexibility with regard to lighting. They also allow me to start regs whenever I want while changing the light cycle. So far I have been able to get nice yields with autos but I know that regs will give me more!

no problem! i didnt even realize you knew the genetics. reading your whole journal now.

looks almost like diesel! SWEET

GENETICS :Swiss sativa x Super Skunk x Northern Lights

diesel: chemdawg (mexican sativa heavy hybrid) x super skunk x n.l.

Fish!!!Good weed my friend! The mango Kush is going quickly...My wife will freak if I buy another qt in less than a week! I do too many bong hits when I manage to be home..Having to shut completely down for a few weeks really hurt my private stash.

photo_1_101.JPG
Why is it that sometimes the better the smoke is you end up smoking more of it?
He He my ole lady would freak too! at the prices we have here I would be a $50 a day addict:)

Back
Top Bottom