Spring's Obvious - Stealth Grow!

Hi Springa;)
How are ya mate?? Pity about your ballast :/ Least you kept em alive!! The budding girl looks funny - Short and bushy for sure!! Hoping that the little ones are scheduled for bigger things - like 6ft tall..
BIG BUDS BIG BUDS>>> FOR SPRINGA... So whats news from your side of the fence anyway??? And IMO for nutrients, if your going organic like me, a seaweed extract product is great - I have one for just normal feed and a Powerfeed version which has more nutes for flowering in it.. Simple food like this is fine for me, I have some --- stuff atm, But have found myself going back to some of my old nutes now and then. Im used to them, and know theyre ok. Anyways take care budddy - and will chat soon. Smokemupm8

Happy Tokesday Spring:)

im also going to have to try some other nutrients now, so im in the same boat, im pretty much out of the old sponsors products now so need to give something else a try,

i just hope i can find something that works as well, i never had any issues but a lot of growers use products by the sponsors so im sure their just as good and give as good results,
the new sponsor we just got has got some pretty good looking products, its 3 bags of nutrients, one you mix in during seedling stage, one you use throughout the veg stage then the other you use for flower stage, no need for mixing any nutrients, you just use the stage your at and change when you go from seedling to veg, then change to flower when you flip 12-12, seems a very easy option and takes a lot of the guess work out when your mixing up different doses of grow,micro,bloom and what ever bloom booster your using,

i should be getting the new product to try as i won motm so im able to try it first as postage for me as as much as the product if not more, so if it works then ill stick with it and let other growers know how well it works,

Well I cut down much of the Blue Mystic. She is drying as I type! I have had this issue for a bit now and I'm getting annoyed..Any thoughts would be helpful..At first I believed this to be an isolated incident of mixed soil but now its happening to all of my plants regardless of soil type. Could this be the result bad nutes? I did leave my nutes in a closet within my man cave but its also on top of my tent. The nutes are a bit old. 7 months give or take a month.. I let my water sit for 24 hours with the lids off before mixing nutes. I did see some floating mold in my bloom booster. I have not used it. Unfortunately I cannot name the old sponsor and maker of my nutes due to issues...?...I have not checked my PH but I usually refrain from that because I have never had any issues before growing in soil...What do you all think? Here are a few pics of the effected leaves.the third bud pic is of the remaining popcorn I left to swell on the stump from my Blue Mystic auto.

image108.jpeg
image_2_19.jpeg
image_3_9.jpeg

its difficult to say, i know it does go off after a while in storage and one grower stored his in his garage and when he lifted the tub up the tub split open and stunk the place out, so i guess it is possible plus if its not been kept cool then chances are as its organic then it could of created problems within the nutrients,

if its happening to all your plants and all have been fed the same nutes then id say it can really only be the nutrients unless the soil was to hot to start with, i used expensive soil and had similar problems but my leaves turned to claws before they died,

it could be time to flush and start again with something else, at least if its the nutes it will flush it out and if its the soil then flushing will wash out some of the nutrients in the soil, what soil are you using it dont have slow release nutes in it does it as these do cause problems, most mg soil is pretty hot and plants tend to suffer often when using mg branded soil,

how ever did i read you have also put the plant out in the sun, if the plants have been used to growing indoors then the sun will cause major problems like your getting, the sun is just to much for indoor plants and you need to harden them by only bringing them out for an hour at a time and upping the exposure time until the plants have hardened to the sun,

so it clould be nutes or the soil or even just the sun if you have been putting them out in direct sunlight,

i also see that some of the leaves are cupping up at the edges, this is telling us the plants are heat stressed and trying to cool down by losing more moisture, so check the temps and try and bring them down, could it just be that the temps are to high for the plants, the cupping is pointing towards high temps,

the edges of the leaves suggest nute burn but this could also be caused by the high temps or the sun, i cant remember if it was you that said you put them out in the sun, but if you do then they need to be hardened before going out for long periods in the sun,
so looks like nute burn and also high temps,

Thanks DP..They haven't been outside though that would be nice! I like where your advice has taken me...could very well be temps or a combo of both heat and nutes. I'm gonna try a flush. I'm using FFOF for the most part but have never had this issue before as I usually use nutes from the planet ( I know ) early with FFOF.

dont growers have problems with ffof, or maybe its another brand their having problems with, some say you need to mix it 50-50 with perlite so its not to harsh on the plants, but i might be wrong as ive not used that product so hopefully someone else can jump in and offer advice on the soil,

also how early have you started giving nutrients, in small pots the plants will easily go 2 to 3 weeks without nutrients and when you transplant they can easily go another week or 2.

so depending on how early you started feeding it might of been to much and salts have built up, when you flush the problem will still get worse for a few days but then should settle down and recover, after flushing use a very weak nute mix to feed the plants with after the flush,

its difficult to say what the problem is as it could be one or more, but the temps are on the high side so that can be sorted out to rule that out, as for the nutrients i guess you wont know until after the flush if its the nutrients or not. if the nutes are no good then it would be best to try something else or you could end up with the same problems,

hopefully you will find out what it is and it will be sorted, someone else will comment on the soil and let you know if its ok or not, i just think it was that brand that was a bit hot for the plants and needed mixing with perlite, but dont quote me on that as it could be a different brand with similar initials

Yeah! I actually had a few issues using FF with FFOF early! You walked me through that this time last year! When I switched to the Planet Nutes they reacted well early with FFOF. No problems at all. That said I may have just complicated my whole system and need to get back to the basics. I'm gonna flush tonight and raise the light. This is also the first time I have used A MH but I had this issue under CFL when my ballast blew last month. So ill know in a few days after the flush...Im feeling good about the Dr earth nutes but I do like what you recommended. That's why I went with The planets nutes because of ease of use for me. Seems you and Mc have had good results with your stuff!

Back
Top Bottom