Spring's Obvious - Stealth Grow!

it gives good results but im out of it now, totally out of bloom, just got a small amount of grow left but lots of micro and bloom booster, so depending on what i get i might be able to use the bloom booster.

i think once you have flushed you will be ok, just go easy when you start feeding again and see how the plants look, im tempted to go with the same product but only because ive not had any problems at all, the only time ive had problems was when i tried using off the shelf fruit and veg feed,
ive not tried any other products though so cant say how well it compares, but im out of bloom so need to get something sorted before i get into the next round of flowering, hopefully the prizes will be here by then so ill be able to try some of them new products, hopefully if i get good results then i may change to it for good, but i just need to see how these other products do before i go spending money on them as postage is to much to end up with poor products, but others seem to do ok with the sponsors products so i cant see their been any problems, but im a bit biased to what i was using as it just done what it said it would and ive not had any problems

Happy Weednesday Spring:circle-of-love:

Nutrient/ph issue for sure. ive noticed that after a nutrient issue, the plants are more susceptible to stressors like heat.

Thanks for the knowledge guys! I am going to ditch all my current nutes. I feel good that they have gone bad. My local grow shop offered me General Hydroponics performance pack half price. After some research I may try it out. I am going to let the girls and potential girls take a few days off to recover from the flush. I am also going to use RO water form my local store as well. Should be that concerned with PH if I am using soil? I was in the past but I caught a rack of crap from some members for checking PH of my nutes and runoff....Alas it was the excuse I needed to be lazy! But I have also had sucess with other grows and never once checked my PH...Better to be safe?

when i first stated out i rarely checked my pH and had problems. I believe one of the greatest factors a grower must get a hold of is proper pH adjustment.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

its a tough one, you would need a soil testing kit fo the ph as testing run off can give false readings, ive not had to check the ph of my soil but i have checked the ph of my tap water and checked it once nutrients was added and the nutrient mixture was in the correct range,

i think salt build up is major problem with soil grows and can and does cause major problems, now you have flushed see how the plants do, how much did you flush them with did you flush with 3 times the pot size with water, a 3 gallon pots needs 9 gallons of water, it sounds a lot to me but thats what im told is the correct amount,

after the flush the soil will be very low on nutrient so just go with a very light feed, go with an earlier feed schedule so the plants are gradually fed more and more,

i know soil acts as a buffer and it can change the ph or what your putting in, the only issue i have had with soil is when i tried using off the shelf fruit and veg nutrients and it caused a cal/mag lockout, but that was my fault for giving a to high dose of nutrients, so go easy and work your way up, what id do is check the ph of the water your using then check the ph after you have mixed the nutrients in, if its then in the right range then you will be ok,

keep an eye on the temps and that will also help,

let us know how it goes and how you are finding the new nutes as i need to change to something else, hopefully the prizes from the contest will be hear within the next month so i might not have to go out and buy nutes i can use what i get sent and if it works well then ill use it from then on, ive not had problems with the nutes i was using but as things changed then id prefer to go with the sponsors as they put a lot of time and effort in and they put the prizes up month after month so i should at least stick with the sponsors to give them something back, plus i can try products that i wouldnt of tried

Thanks DP and KJC....I flushed close to 3x. They seem to be doing OK. The mazar has started to show all new growth on her flowers. Based on what I am seeing so far I had nute lockout or bad nutes!! Checking the PH pre and post nutes seems to be the way to go....KJC thanks for the chart! Helps!

Happy Friedday Spring:)
Glad you got your problem sorted out:thumb:

Glad things are back on track spring, hope all recovers and there's no major impact in the long run.

That nutrient availability chart's great, should be every growers bible, particularly hydro. It can be a massive help in solving deficiencies caused by pH lockouts.

Thanks guys...I picked up GH's general organics go box. Half price...Comes with...hell Ill take a pic today..I'm gonna wait a few more days before feeding again. I may have to flush my Afghan Kush fem one more time. She still looks a bit rough. Must be releasing all those trapped nutes and using whats left in the leaves. I will say the rest of the family is snapping back well. The mazar is still flowering and looking better everyday. This nute issue really hurt her. I still cant believe this happened the way it did. The root causes were laziness, mixing incompatible soil types that already had time released nutes, and improperly stored nutes. I will definitely keep my nutes in a cool dark are as suggested.

I'm still waiting for sex sign from my 7 other babies. The two bag weed plants are looking extremely healthy. Lots of new growth over the past two days. This could be attributed to the strain as they both were hardly phased by the bad nutes and snapped back within a day. Honestly I have no idea what strain they are. I picked up an oz of Mexican brick weed and used a few seeds. I know that some of the Mexican plants are hardy and can take a bit of a beating from nature.

Here are some pics that show all this! The first girl is the Afghan Kush that needs another flush. She took this all the hardest. Second pic is the Mexican bag weed, third is the auto mazar that has bounced back and finally the popcorn from the Blue Mystic still baking a bit....

image_3_10.jpeg
image_5_7.jpeg
image_4_8.jpeg
image_2_20.jpeg
image109.jpeg

The last pic is cute and little, but it looks like its some dank ass shit too.

BTW I think I am getting high off smelling my finger, I been trimming all night. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Happy Skunkday Spring:)

Ive noticed that a drop or two more of nutrients really changes the tint/shade of the mix. Try basing the feeding off of not only measurements, but also visual inferences like the color of the mix! When theyre little, they want a very light mix, an opaque to almost clear solution. This method has helped me a lot, especially since I grow small plants

Looks like youll have some dank smoke while you wait for those other beauties to bloom :thumb:

the other problem with soil is this, lets say you mix the nutrients and water then add the ph up or down to adjust, then when you water the soil acts like a buffer and this can and does change the ph of the soil, if the ph in the soil is high and you mix your nutes to the correct range then when you add it to the soil the ph can still be to high,

i dont measure or test ph myself, i run my 2lt dwc's and dont check ph for that either, i got a ph pen and guess i should use it more often, i used it once to check my tap water which was ph 7, then when i added nutes it lowered the ph to the correct range, ive not used it since to check anything, soil acts like a buffer so if the ph is slightly off then you will usually find you will be ok, if things go drastically wrong then flush but only flush as a last resort, i tried using a new nutrient a while back and it gave me a nute lockout and leaves had brown spots on them, so i flushed the soil with 3 times the pot size of water and let the plant dry out before starting again with the nutes.

soil does have its good sides and low sides though, with hydro if you balls up you notice pretty much strait away that you have got a problem, in soil you only find out you got a problem when its much to late, by the time the soil plant shows something is wrong then chances are the problem has been their for a week or more and the plant has got to the stage where it cant cope and now its showing problems, so even flushing might not solve the problem and it can still get worse for a few days after the flush, so when i flush i flush and then wait until i can see the plant needs nutrients again, if you start feeding to early you could make the problem worse again

Back
Top Bottom