Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

I can see that would become an issue. :laughtwo: One of the advantages of being on the top floor of an apartment building is I'm isolated from everyone. There's only one other apartment up here and I sometimes wonder what she thinks when I decarb without an oven bag. My kitchen backs up to her bedroom. I try not to do that very often. Lol!

You'll be pleased with the end results. I look forward to watching the transformation.

You could rough up those pots with some sandpaper.

Thanks sue. Yeah I gave them a bit of a rubbing with some scratchy stuff and it improved quite a bit.

It's the random pop-overs that worry me. The place always has a, let's say flavor from our smoke, but when it's heavy in the air from the plants and open jars, and some random knock on the door occurs, I panic a little bit. :)

I have to ask, do you wear the glasses when you go into the tent? In the interest of transparency, I'll admit I don't. I also don't spend more than a couple moments in there at any time, but I turn around and spot the unused glassed Budmaster was nice enough to send me and do a mental face palm.

I think I spent almost 300 on the glasses, I couldn't find any LED ones in Canada, only HPS. So I had to order from the States and pay import, figured I may as well only spend once.

We've got one cohort that uses them all the time, but neither of us do often at all. We've both found that our eyes/brains compensate nearly immediately now to the color shift, and just try not to look directly at anything too shiny.

We really don't spend much time in the tents, the girls all come out still every single day.

June 3 (Friday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 52, Red Poison is 38, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 22, and Early Miss 3 is 8 days old. Temp was 83 today with RH at 54% during lights on, 70 and 67% overnight. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 59 days old. Temp is 79 and RH is 50% at the canopy, 78 and 54% at the top, 70 and 64% overnight. She is 13 inches from her light.

• EM3 got 2 liters of bubbled tap water (600 ml down the stem, 400 around the edge, the rest in the tray) at 142ppm and 5.8 PH @ 73 f

Family pics:

EM3 at 8 days (8.69 lbs down from 9.34 yesterday, 13.22 lbs after watering tonight):

Cheryl at 22 days (15.40 lbs, down from 18.54 yesterday):

RP at 38 days (17.74 lbs, down from 25.12 after watering yesterday):

C3 at 52 days (16.73 lbs, down from 24.18 yesterday after watering):

PK at 59 days (21.47 lbs, down from 23.41 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Great looking update rtk!!! Keep up the good work! Sweet looking scrog you have there. How did you attach it?

It's not actually attached, the scrog frame contains the pot completely.

May 5 (Thursday) Update.

Jaybiz's v2.0 scrog for her, no longer just strapped to the side of the pot, and using much better string.

Yes, he made it so it comes apart enough to get a plant in and out.

I am quietly taking notes and mental pictures. I'm so excited to try this method but in a smaller version. Your PK's are stunning! Very enlightening journal.:thanks:

I'm always a little surprised with how long (read slow) the photos are, compared to the autos. It makes me incredibly happy to hear you've found some value in it.

:adore:

:popcorn::surf:Trying to catch up on some journals today! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Looking good in there Artee :yahoo: Loving the frost :slide:

Great to see ya Hozona, I'm doing the same thing today, got my list of unread threads under 60 for the first time in weeks!

June 4 (Saturday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 53, Red Poison is 39, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 23, and Early Miss 3 is 9 days old. Temp was 83 today with RH at 52% during lights on, 70 and 64% overnight. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 60 days old. Temp is 79 and RH is 50% at the canopy, 79 and 53% at the top, 70 and 65% overnight. She is 13 inches from her light.

• RP and C3 got soaked with full strength bloom nutes and half strength fortifier (6 liters each, with 30 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and .75 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 947ppm and 5.8 PH @ 70 f

Our third Candy Cane auto lost most of her ties to her pot today, she just needed a few readjustments of her branches, easy enough to do with some wire. She and our first Red Poison are scheduled to end in 17 days, but both look like they'll go longer, particularly the Red Poison. We've been hitting breeder schedules pretty accurately for a while now, so it'll kinda be nice to let one go long.

Our first Amnesia Haze auto, Cheryl, continues to taco a bit, but is otherwise healthy and vigorous. I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Our first Purple Kush continues her painfully slow march towards filling her scrog. We really need to get another light and do a couple photos at a time. I'm starting to understand the benefit of selecting a superior mother, when we're investing so much time into one.

Family pics:

EM3 at 9 days (11.74 lbs, down from 13.22 after watering yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 23 days (12.57 lbs, down from 15.40 yesterday):

RP at 39 days (11.60 lbs down from 17.74 yesterday, 24.74 lbs after watering tonight):

C3 at 53 days (11.36 lbs down from 16.73 yesterday, 23.93 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 60 days (19.83 lbs, down from 21.47 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

First off, Cheryl actually shocked me so much with her beauty I gasped right out loud. When did she turn into such a raging beauty? What gorgeous leaves.

Secondly, that Purple Kush may be taking her own sweet time, but she's a stunner in her own right, so stop complaining about her and just enjoy the ride. From a distance she shows potential to blow your socks off once she gets herself set. You guys are just spoiled by the quick turnaround you're getting with your rediculously successful autos.

The dosing thread is up and running. I'd appreciate your looking it over. Your perfectionist nature would make you a good proofreader, I'd think. The link's in my signature. Geez I wish I could celebrate by getting wasted and being cute for hours, but alas, I still have 10 hours to go, so instead I'm taking my tired body, sensitive fingertips and bleery eyes and heading for the sheets. If you look the thread over and find any issues, send me a PM and I'll tend to it first thing tomorrow. Thanks.

Goodnight. :love:

I had to stop and see your update first arteekay. Now my day's complete. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

First off, Cheryl actually shocked me so much with her beauty I gasped right out loud. When did she turn into such a raging beauty? What gorgeous leaves.

I'm pretty happy with her so far for sure, might be a good contestant for an auto scrog. Still need to try one of 'em.

Secondly, that Purple Kush may be taking her own sweet time, but she's a stunner in her own right, so stop complaining about her and just enjoy the ride. From a distance she shows potential to blow your socks off once she gets herself set. You guys are just spoiled by the quick turnaround you're getting with your ridiculously successful autos.

Fine! You're right (of course), I just have to get out of the funk I have going for her. We tucked her again tonight, might be ready to flip in two or three weeks.

The dosing thread is up and running. I'd appreciate your looking it over. Your perfectionist nature would make you a good proofreader, I'd think. The link's in my signature. Geez I wish I could celebrate by getting wasted and being cute for hours, but alas, I still have 10 hours to go, so instead I'm taking my tired body, sensitive fingertips and bleary eyes and heading for the sheets. If you look the thread over and find any issues, send me a PM and I'll tend to it first thing tomorrow. Thanks.

It'll be my next stop right after my journal update for the day. I tapped out pretty early these weekend nights, very odd for me. Someone's putting me to sleep, so I better start paying a little closer attention to who I'm smoking.

I had to stop and see your update first arteekay. Now my day's complete. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

You are too kind Sue, well beyond simple sweetness. :)

:hug: :circle-of-love: :hug:

June 5 (Sunday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 54, Red Poison is 40, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 24, and Early Miss 3 is 10 days old. Temp was 83 today with RH at 49% during lights on, 69 and 62% overnight. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 61 days old. Temp is 79 and RH is 43% at the canopy, 79 and 46% at the top, 69 and 63% overnight. She is 13 inches from her light.

• Chery (AH) got soaked with half strength grow nutes (6 liters with 15 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 5 ml of calmag+) at 602 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 68 f

Our first Red Poison is out of control. I didn't plan for her to get this big, so leveling her canopy is becoming a real challenge. She's gotta quit stretching soon though, by the breeder schedule she finishes in 16 days. That's not gonna happen.

Our first Purple Kush had her four main tops tucked again, and a good number of her side branches as well. I'm guessing we won't flip by 70 days, but maybe by 77.

EM3 at 10 days (10.54 lbs, down from 11.74 yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 24 days (10.17 lbs down from 12.57 yesterday, 23.51 lbs after watering tonight):

RP at 40 days (forgot to weigh her today, but I'll guess ~17 lbs, down from 24.74 lbs after watering yesterday):

C3 at 54 days (17.03 lbs, down from 23.93 after watering yesterday):

PK at 61 days (18.26 lbs, down from 19.83 yesterday):

Bck in the tent:

Those underneath photos are teaching me so much! :allgood:
Thank you for sharing your technique. I hope my PK works out like yours. Such a valuable journal...:nicethread:

Thanks so much growto, it's always nice to know someone other than us is getting something out of this journal.

:high-five: and :passitleft:

We're very much still learning. Our last photo in a scrog (a CKS Crown Royale) wasn't done this way. I've made some definite mistakes here, but in the end she'll produce and we'll be set to do better on our third.

Thanks so much growto, it's always nice to know someone other than us is getting something out of this journal.

:high-five: and :passitleft:

We're very much still learning. Our last photo in a scrog (a CKS Crown Royale) wasn't done this way. I've made some definite mistakes here, but in the end she'll produce and we'll be set to do better on our third.

I have to say, it's still more than I have ever produced. It was a job well done in my eyes. But we are always seeking to improve as a grower. If you don't mind me asking, what is the best way, weave it or let it grow underneath? I have been doing it the way you did with your Crown Royale. Which technique do you prefer or recommend? Thanks for the link, the chronology is giving me the answers before I know what to ask...lol
:thanks:

I have to say, it's still more than I have ever produced. It was a job well done in my eyes. But we are always seeking to improve as a grower. If you don't mind me asking, what is the best way, weave it or let it grow underneath? I have been doing it the way you did with your Crown Royale. Which technique do you prefer or recommend? Thanks for the link, the chronology is giving me the answers before I know what to ask...lol
:thanks:

I think it's somewhat strain dependent. We're really not locked into anything on the scrog right now. We really need to get more light for our photos, and get more than one going at a time.

I think the most important thing is to not beat up the new growth nodes while training, regardless of methods. Most of the plant can take a lot of abuse, but those delicate new nodes need to be protected from being destroyed, which is incredibly easy to do.

June 6 (Monday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 55, Red Poison is 41, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 25, and Early Miss 3 is 11 days old. Temp was 83 today with RH at 45%. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 11-24 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 62 days old. Temp is 79 and RH is 39% at the canopy, 79 and 41% at the top. She is 13 inches from her light.

• EM3 got 4 liters of bubbled tap water at 158ppm and 5.8 PH at 71 f
  • RP and C3 both got soaked with full strength bloom nutes and around 80% strength bloom fortifier (6 liters with 30 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1.2 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 956ppm and 5.8 PH at 70 f
  • PK got soaked with full strength grow nutes (7 liters with 35 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 8 ml of calmag+) and we missed the recording the ppm and temp.

Busy night for Jaybiz, there was only one that didn't need watering tonight.

I'm enthralled with our first CKS Amnesia Haze auto. Beyond the topping we did at day 12, she's barely needed any training. We pinned the lowest set of branches upward again like we did with our first Red Poison, but this time I'll keep it place much longer. It really seems to help with early development, but it'd be nice if we can keep some of the shape for later into life. With our Red poison it's no longer discernible that it was ever done.

EM3 at 11 days (9.55 lbs down from 10.54 yesterday, 18.52 lbs after watering tonight):

Cheryl (AH) at 25 days (18.29 lbs, down from 23.51 after watering yesterday):

RP at 41 days (11.08 lbs down from 24.74 two days ago, 23.46 lbs after watering tonight):

C3 at 55 days (11.36 lbs down from 17.03 yesterday, 24.26 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 62 days (16.86 lbs down from 18.26 yesterday, 31.94 lbs after watering tonight):

Back in the tent:

June 7 (Tuesday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 56, Red Poison is 42, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 26, and Early Miss 3 is 12 days old. Temp was 84 today with RH at 44%. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 11-24 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 63 days old. Temp is 78 and RH is 35% at the canopy, 77 and 37% at the top. She is 13 inches from her light.

• RP was soaked for the second day in a row with 75% strength bloom nutes (5 liters with 18.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 4.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and .9 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 807ppm and 5.8 PH @ 69 f

Our first Red Poison continues to increase her daily water usage, 8 lbs in the last 24 hours. Like her sister, our third Candy Cane, we'll continue to dump all the water through her that she'll take. In the past we still maintained a solid dry cycle well into flower, these two will never be bone dry again, until harvest.

Our third Early Miss was topped today, a day earlier than the last and a day later than I should have done it. Or at least I feel, based on how big it was tonight, that she could have been done yesterday. Oh well, hardly a concern. I expect her water usage to drop tomorrow as she spends the day figuring out where her top is.

Family pics:

EM3 at 12 days (16.30 lbs, down from 18.52 after watering yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 26 days (13.91, down from 18.29 yesterday) She'll be bone dry tomorrow, likely for the last time):

RP at 42 days (15.07 lbs down from 23.46 after watering yesterday, 25.97 lbs after watering tonight):

C3 at 56 days (17.16 lbs, down from 24.26 yesterday after watering):

PK at 63 days (29.36 lbs, down from 31.94 after watering yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Edit: forgot about this pic. We're popping our first CKS Train Wreck Auto a couple days later than the usual 14 days. They're a little tight at the end still. :)

Harvest Update

Previous dry weight posts:

I'm three plants behind on my dry weight posts, so this post is a catch up for our Crown Royale, our second Revolver and Dark Devil, and our first Lemon Skunk auto.

I've only got pics of Lemon skunk though, sorry. Scale says 147.9-148, but we gave away at least half an ounce so I've added 10 grams to the total to account for that.

Running totals:

PlantWeight (grams)
DD​
NEM​
JH​
CR​
R2​
D2​
LS​
Total1010.7

35.6 ounces, or 2.2 pounds. I'll take that! :)

That's what I'm talkin' about! :high-five: I'll be right over to help you sample. :laughtwo:

Reps for that. Wow! Excellent work.

Back
Top Bottom