Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

I remember a few weeks ago or so you stated that it was time for a break due to having far too much meds. I'm now in that same boat. My wife is going crazy seeing all the jars in the cabinet. I did not have the heart to tell her that I still have another ~200g left to harvest.

Looking good, R2 looking a bit stressed but training hurts. I see you're next round is starting to take shape and it looks great.

Yeah, the plan to take a break has been put on indefinite hold. :)

It disappeared far faster than we expected and are already looking forward to getting this next harvest done and over with. We'll be starting more autos sooner this time, we'll have two or three weeks here where the auto tent is underutilized.

Basically, our impressions of what constitutes "a lot" has shifted several times. :)

Nice LST, beautiful healthy plants, amazing leveled branches, fully detailed updates, great pics and the list goes on....:adore:

Thanks Bill, always glad to have you on board. :high-five: :passitleft:

Beautiful buds! I'm looking at your pics and I have to wonder how you manage with your little ones under the same light as the ones that are almost done. Aren't your plants under only 12 hours of light? I've never seen anyone put small vegging plants in with mature budding plants ... unless your trying to get them to bud already?

The Jack Herer and all the small ones are autos and are under 18/6. The Crown Royale is the only photo we have and is alone under the Spider in it's own tent.

We set out originally with a veg and a flower tent, it's since become an auto tent and a photo tent. That's really one of the big advantages autos have, one tent can host them all under the same schedule, and during flowering they can receive a much higher percentage of their day under full lights. Our autos get an extra half a day worth of time to photosynthesize over the photo, every day.

Auto's can run under any light. Good question though. Enjoy the show, these two pull huge amounts from small plants.k

I've got enough auto seeds now to plant 3 every two months for a couple years. Hopefully we keep doing better each time, with the occasional stumble I'm sure.

Hey arteekay don't know if you know this but twilight groups is giving people that post to there sponsor page free grow lights for us Jason told me share with everyone that have been posting there in past .They have limited supply first come gets the best. I GOT THE 864 WATT ships out Monday .Might want go hit up Jason if you are interested.

Very interested!!! Huge :high-five: for sure. I've PM'd Jason, but will check it out again and make sure I didn't miss anything. Jaybiz has been talking about getting some new lights for more photos.

My 1000th post my friend, I've been here and there and everywhere. Now I'm back to the place where I started my forum friendships here, with a great big high five! :high-five: You have the best way of putting things on the lighter side and it makes me smile every time I read your posts. Lots of love and a heap of reps for you and your cohort jayBizzle...

KiG brother :green_heart:cheers

Shut up!!! You broke 1000 right here? :yahoo:

:circle-of-love: my friend. You've been a constant supporter since the day I first met ya.

:party:

March 26 Update. Jack Herer and Crown Royale are 87 days old. Revolver 2 is 23, Dark devil 2 is 12, and Lemon Skunk is 8 days old. CR is 37 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 80 and RH is 40% at the canopy, 78 and 42% at the top.

Temp for JH, LS, and R2/D2 peaked at 88 today with RH at 32% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and JH is 12-14 inches below her Mars II 900. R2 is off to the side and is about 24 inches from the light. D2 and LS are 28 inches away.

• LS got 540 ml of bubbled tap water at 167ppm and 5.7 PH
  • D2 got 660 ml of the same water.

Need to rethink my week 3 to 4 training techniques. Don't like disturbing the soil with stakes of any kind, and the fabric pots don't lend themselves well to small adjustments of bulky tie downs. I'll come up with something string based tomorrow I think.

CR (17.2 lbs, down from 19.8 yesterday):

JH (12 lbs, down from 18.6 yesterday) She dies tomorrow afternoon:

R2 (7.2 lbs, down from 8.6 after watering yesterday):

D2 (6.0 lbs down from 6.6 yesterday, 7.4 lbs after watering tonight):

LS (6.0 lbs down from 6.2 yesterday, 7.2 lbs after watering tonight):

Back in the tent:

R2 looks much better. All your plants are healthy. Great job. I'm now in my farewell tour. I might start growing flowers, like roses or something.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Shut up!!! You broke 1000 right here? :yahoo:

:circle-of-love: my friend. You've been a constant supporter since the day I first met ya.

:party:

Right here! Saved it for a special post. :thumb: figured I would come thank you for the support and laughs. I wanted to say, I wouldn't have stuck around this long without folks like you keeping it fresh and fun.
KiG :green_heart: all the best brother, cheers

R2 looks much better. All your plants are healthy. Great job. I'm now in my farewell tour. I might start growing flowers, like roses or something.

What? Roses? Never heard of this strain. Sativa or Indica dominant? :)

Hope ya stick around regardless bud.

Your going like that lemon skunk arteekay that one my favorite strains .Is that a auto lemon skunk ? If yes how has that out now I haven't tried auto one.

It is an auto, it came as a freebie from TNSB when I got my Dark Devil in. Doesn't seem very promising now that I look... normally grows one single cola with little side branching and produces 1-2 ounces per plant. May be starting a Sweet Seeds Red Poison sooner than I thought.

Right here! Saved it for a special post. :thumb: figured I would come thank you for the support and laughs. I wanted to say, I wouldn't have stuck around this long without folks like you keeping it fresh and fun.
KiG :green_heart: all the best brother, cheers

It's a truly remarkable community, without equal, made more so by your presence. :adore:

"Happy Easter eh!" to my bros in the Great White North! It is now whiter because of all the trichomes you are farming!

Nothing like the snowbanks you've been generating over there. We'll get there, baby steps! :)

Happy Easter to all of you.

:circle-of-love:

Hey arteekay don't know if you know this but twilight groups is giving people that post to there sponsor page free grow lights for us Jason told me share with everyone that have been posting there in past .They have limited supply first come gets the best. I GOT THE 864 WATT ships out Monday .Might want go hit up Jason if you are interested.

Thanks so much nuggs78, posted my 1000th post here and then by the time I was done reading to get up to date on the grow. I refreshed to see if Da man had responded and I read what you had posted... Amazing opportunity, I jumped all over it. :high-five::high-five: :goof:

Thanks for spreading the word. KiG :green_heart:cheers

RTK, hope you get on this offer... FREE LIGHTS.. Who would have thought.. I'm still baffled. Cheers buddy!

Every time I stop I'm compelled to go to the tent and check my own JH. :laughtwo: Enviable grows going here guys. You inspire me.

March 27 Update. Jack Herer and Crown Royale are 88 days old. Revolver 2 is 24, Dark devil 2 is 13, and Lemon Skunk is 9 days old. CR is 38 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 79 and RH is 50% at the canopy, 78 and 52% at the top.

Temp for LS and R2/D2 peaked at 87 today with RH at 37% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and R2 is about 23 inches from the light, D2 is 26, and LS is 27 inches away.

• R2 got 2 liters with 5 ml of DNF Gro A+B and 2.5 ml of GO CaMg+ at 665ppm and 5.7 PH
  • CR got soaked using 7 liters with 35 ml of DNF Bloom A+B, 9 ml of GO CaMg+ and 1.8 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier at 1010ppm and 5.7 PH

We knew we had a busy evening ahead of us with the Jack Herer harvest, so we took care of the rest of the girls fairly quickly so we could get down to the killin'.

At about 3am last night I took the Jack out of the auto tent and put her in with her Crown Royale photoperiod sister in the other tent. She got a little bit of oversprayed light from the spider for an hour, then sat in the dark for 12 hours until 4 this afternoon. Not the 24-48 hours darkness that some do, but something at least. She was beyond dry, just droopy and sad looking, ready to be transformed into her most beautiful state, hung and drying!

After I got Jack out of the tent, I had to rearrange the remaining autos, and came up with a combo device to do my 3-4 week training sessions.

IMG_100017.JPG

Soft wire on the top, velcro on the bottom to stick to the fabric pots.

LS (6.6 lbs, down from 7.2 after watering yesterday):

D2 (6.6 lbs, down from 7.4 after watering yesterday):

Lost her top:

Topless:

R2 (6.4 lbs down from 7.2 yesterday, 11 lbs after watering today):

Thought I was done:

Nope, needed all six:

CR (15.8 lbs down from 17.2 yesterday, 31.2 lbs after watering today):

Back in the tent (before R2's final adjustments):

Up next... Jack's Harvest!

Thanks so much nuggs78, posted my 1000th post here and then by the time I was done reading to get up to date on the grow. I refreshed to see if Da man had responded and I read what you had posted... Amazing opportunity, I jumped all over it. :high-five::high-five: :goof:

Thanks for spreading the word. KiG :green_heart:cheers

RTK, hope you get on this offer... FREE LIGHTS.. Who would have thought.. I'm still baffled. Cheers buddy!

Once again, this community right? Where else!

I think I'm in for a 450w, just working out the details. Jason and Twilight have been great to work with every time I have done so.

Every time I stop I'm compelled to go to the tent and check my own JH. :laughtwo: Enviable grows going here guys. You inspire me.

I gotta got see yours, been a few days! Ours ended the earthbound stage of her life tonight.

Our Jack Herer was our first ever double topping, I was worried about the potential growth of this strain taking over our tent, so we went for it. Next time we'll plan it a bit better.

She was also the first to get the Bloom Fortifier about halfway through her flower stage. She's the most frosty we've grown so far, but I'm not sure if that's usual for a Jack Herer auto or not.

Her life story:

One Week old:
Jan 06 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 7 days old.

The two autos, Jack Herer and New Early Miss both in 5 gallon fabric pots, were given 240ml of bubbled tap water and the top of their pots once again just to change the color and keep the dust down.

Two Weeks:
Jan 13 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 14 days old.

Both autos seems to have taken to their topping like champs. Overall I'm happy with how everyone is looking, but there are a few issues.

JH, has simliar discolorations that we saw on one or two in our first grow as well:

Three Weeks:
Jan 20 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 21 days old.

I did a little leaf tucking on JH and helped the tops on NEM spread a bit more than they planned themselves, just with my finger tip. We really need to get on their training before the weekend. Expect a big update that day, sorry.

JH (13.0 lbs, down from 14.4 yesterday):

She was topped for the second time the next day.

Four Weeks:
Jan 27 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 28 days old.

JH (17.4 lbs, down from 18.6 yesterday):

Before:

After:

Five Weeks:
Feb 3 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 35 days old.

All three autos are throwing pistils and will be into their flowering stretch I'm guessing. I've gotta train up DD a bit before that gets underway, and stop aggressively training the other two.

JH (18.2 lbs, down from 20.8 yesterday):

Six Weeks:
Feb 10 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 42 days old.

JH (7.6 lbs down from 11.4 yesterday, 20.8 lbs after watering):

Seven Weeks:
Feb 17 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 49 days old.

JH (7.8 lbs down from 11.2 yesterday, 21.6 after watering):

Eight Weeks:
Feb 24 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 56 days old.

Decided to do a bit of a partial flush on my Jack Herer autoflower. She's been getting full strength nutes every watering for a while and I don't want to overdo her too much. She'll go back to full strength when she's dry likely on Friday.

JH (11.4 lbs down from 17.8 yesterday, 23.4 lbs after watering today):

Nine Weeks:
March 2 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 63 days old.

JH (18 lbs, down from 23.8 after watering yesterday):

Ten Weeks:
March 9 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 70 days old.

JH (11.8 down from 17.4 yesterday, 24 lbs after watering today):

Eleven Weeks:
March 16 Update. JH and CR are 77 days old.

Another busy day, barely got to the girls and the journal before I pass out for the day. The Jack Herer Auto is about 10 days from the breeders scheduled time to finish, but we'll likely run her out a bit farther. She isn't getting the DNF Bloom Fortifier anymore, says to cut it for at least the last week.

JH (11 lbs down from 14 yesterday, 24.2 after watering tonight):

Twelve Weeks:
March 23 Update. JH and CR are 84 days old.

JH (18.6 lbs, down from 25.6 after watering yesterday) enough to make it through the day, but still a good amount of water in a day:

Next up... Tonight's before and after harvest pictures:

Lovely plant.

Cheers

Jack was just far too bushy to try to trim like we usually do, with the before and after fan leaf pics. Tonight we have before pics, then pics of her hanging only.

This afternoon's pics:

What's left:

Hanging to dry:

Looking up at her sister in all her glory:

We finally got our Dark Devil and New Early Miss harvests down to a humidity I feel comfortable getting "final" weights on.

In our previous grow we were hanging to dry for about 6 days with the hope we'd be around 70% and getting the weights as that time. For these two we jarred them with much higher humidity, with the goal of extending the drying to 70% out for two full weeks rather than 6 days. Today we were finally stable at 70% for a full day, so we grabbed new weights.

Sadly I didn't grab pics of the Dark Devil out in the bowl, but Jaybiz remembered for New Early Miss at least.

Dark Devil final dry weight was 81.2 grams, or 2.86 ounces.

New Early Miss final dry weight was 166 grams, or 5.85 ounces.

So we did about a half ounce less on our second Early Miss, but she was 23 days younger than Britney and Britney was very airy compared to NEM.

Very nice pull, lovely buds. Great shimmering tricombs.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom