Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Sweet..... Red Poison Auto. :high-five: Looking forward to watching you work your magic with that.

You made me get up off the floor (I work sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of the mirrors) and go look at my own Jack. I sure hope mine looks as good as yours does when she's ready to harvest. You got me excited arteekay.

Excited, and sitting cross-legged in front of the mirrors. Ok I'm guessing the reality differs from my mind's eye, but still. Right? I guess I just don't know what kind of work you do that is comfortable to do on the floor, and how the mirrors come into it. :)

I'm very happy with how this Jack turned out. I could have done a better job of arranging her, but got confused on the double topping. Stoner memory is likely to blame.

I've had some local JH, it did not look as good as yours but had a great day high, you can get stuff done, it just takes a bit longer. I'm sure your have some good stories coming out of that strain.

We are quite looking forward to trying her out. She's definitely the most sativa dominant we've grown, and likely smoked in many years.

Biz clipped a missed piece of popcorn well under the main canopy, even it was pretty solid and full. It's out for an open air dry with the intent of a sampler this weekend.

Wow a perpetual in every sense of the word. You guys make a great team and have it strapped down! CR scrog looking great, JH pumping trichs, new plants and...wait just a damn second the mailman delivered my seeds to you by accident. Send me on down to Shiggy and we can forget this ever happened. :slide:

Yeah, remember when we were all "yeah it's time for a break for a couple months". Didn't skip a beat discarding that ridiculous thought.

I want your light deliveries, I can get my own seeds!

U guys r doing so well, beautiful garden of lovely healing cannabis :love:
That Jack, what a nice structure first class herb
I hope mine will look half as good :)
Looking forward to seeing them along the rest of the way
If ur 83 days, how much longer do u estimate?
Happy growing guys!
:Namaste:

Thanks Squeektoi, I'm guessing she'll hit 90 days, give or take a couple.

Man things look incredible in here! :bravo:

:high-five:

Sure would love to sit and smoke a J with you two!

Agreed my friend. One of ours, then one of yours. Rinse and repeat as necessary!

:high-five:

Thanks Squeak, we do put a lot if TLC into these girls and they like to reward is for it. Our current plan is to harvest the JH this weekend but something we may push back based on the amount of water she's still going through etc. It's pretty typical for us (and I mean rtk lol) to change our minds daily.

If you think I only change my mind daily, you're welcome for not keeping you more immediately informed. :)

March 23 Update. JH and CR are 84 days old. R2 is 20, D2 is 9, and LS is 5 days old. CR is 34 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 78 and RH is 52% at the canopy, 77 and 54% at the top.

Temp for JH, LS, and R2/D2 peaked at 86 today with RH at 39% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and JH is 12-14 inches below her Mars II 900. R2 is off to the side and is about 24 inches from the light. D2 and LS are 28 inches away.

Since nearly everyone got watered yesterday, today was pretty easy going. We spent a few minutes leveling out some tops on Jaybiz's Crown Royale and tucking our second Revolver under herself. Another day and I'll start tying her up.

LS (6.4 lbs, down from 6.6 after watering yesterday):

D2 (6.4 lbs, down from 6.8 after watering yesterday):

R2 (7.6 lbs, down from 8.6 after watering yesterday):

After retucking:

JH (18.6 lbs, down from 25.6 after watering yesterday) enough to make it through the day, but still a good amount of water in a day:

CR (24.8 lbs, down from 27.0 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Bonus veggie pic:

Pretty color on JH under LED's. Nice lettuce too. I thought after harvesting the DD, a diet might be in order. Muchies are a must with strong meds. I see salad's in your future. Great job, I'm kidding about diet too.

Cheers

When you weigh your plants I'm guessing to help determine water usage, how much weight is figured for actual plant weight. Ive been kind of going by weight and a soil tester but I think I'm going too long between waterings. When I think she's dry enough I go 1 more day and she starts to wilt

Pretty color on JH under LED's. Nice lettuce too. I thought after harvesting the DD, a diet might be in order. Muchies are a must with strong meds. I see salad's in your future. Great job, I'm kidding about diet too.

Cheers
I was actually thinking a diet of nice fresh lettuce on some greasy cheeseburgers, or a nice bed of lettuce for a big plate of wings. Those are diets right?

When you weigh your plants I'm guessing to help determine water usage, how much weight is figured for actual plant weight. Ive been kind of going by weight and a soil tester but I think I'm going too long between waterings. When I think she's dry enough I go 1 more day and she starts to wilt

We weigh the pot with the medium before we plant/transplant into the pot. As the plant grows, you'll keep getting a feel for what kind of weight is being added up top and just estimate.
It sounds like you may be waiting too long some of the time, I wouldn't say all the time though.

Our rule of thumb is that if a plant is going through an average of 3 pounds of water and but has 2 pounds left, we water it because it doesn't have enough to get through the next 24 hours. While in veg we will make sure we do dry it out completely every second watering. In flower, if the plant doesn't have enough to go 24 hours, we water it every time. Again, that's our rule of thumb and may deviate for different reasons at different times of the grow. If a flowering plant hasn't been close to dry for a couple waterings we would likely go an extra day.. stuff like that.

I was actually thinking a diet of nice fresh lettuce on some greasy cheeseburgers, or a nice bed of lettuce for a big plate of wings. Those are diets right?

We weigh the pot with the medium before we plant/transplant into the pot. As the plant grows, you'll keep getting a feel for what kind of weight is being added up top and just estimate.
It sounds like you may be waiting too long some of the time, I wouldn't say all the time though.

Our rule of thumb is that if a plant is going through an average of 3 pounds of water and but has 2 pounds left, we water it because it doesn't have enough to get through the next 24 hours. While in veg we will make sure we do dry it out completely every second watering. In flower, if the plant doesn't have enough to go 24 hours, we water it every time. Again, that's our rule of thumb and may deviate for different reasons at different times of the grow. If a flowering plant hasn't been close to dry for a couple waterings we would likely go an extra day.. stuff like that.

Technically leafy greens and fats with moderate proteins fits into a ketogenic model of dieting. I've actually been eating with about 70% of my energy deriving from fats/lipids/cholesterol (the good kind) 25% proteins and 5% being carbs that cannot be avoided. No grains no sugars though. It's really hard at first to stick to but I feel great and lost over ten pounds (including love handles). My brain seems to operate smoother and my energy levels deplete much slower. This diet calls for SOOO many avocados though.

Anyway sorry about that tangent but I may need to try the dry out every other watering method for my grow.

Cheers

Thankfully I don't really get the munchies anymore, that's the last thing my ass size needs.

JH is really packing on the weight. She got what is likely her last watering tonight.

I think the goal we're trying to hit is to water about 5 minutes before she's about to wilt. :)

The fabric pots make a huge difference I believe, they just breath so well all around the medium that it's much harder to really drown the roots, IMHO. If they were in the standard round plastic nursery pots with far less exposure to the air, I'd guess we'd likely be having many more issues with watering.

I'm fascinated by the tucking technique you are doing on the Revolver.

Seems to be working well enough to get the six original branches more equal in length, before they're long enough to tie 'em down properly. Old fat fingers don't lend themselves well to tight work on a tiny sprout.

Technically leafy greens and fats with moderate proteins fits into a ketogenic model of dieting. I've actually been eating with about 70% of my energy deriving from fats/lipids/cholesterol (the good kind) 25% proteins and 5% being carbs that cannot be avoided. No grains no sugars though. It's really hard at first to stick to but I feel great and lost over ten pounds (including love handles). My brain seems to operate smoother and my energy levels deplete much slower. This diet calls for SOOO many avocados though.

Anyway sorry about that tangent but I may need to try the dry out every other watering method for my grow.

The grow has actually improved my overall health outside of the actual consumption. Climbing stairs, lugging 25 pound pots up and down every day, and generally just not time spent laid out on the couch.

I got into Making a Murderer over the last couple of days, it's eating into my available time more quickly than I expected. There's the actual series, then there's the hours of independent research I'm required to do. I've followed popehat, simple justice, etc. for years, but it's fascinating to put video to the story.

March 24 Update. JH and CR are 85 days old. R2 is 21, D2 is 10, and LS is 6 days old. CR is 35 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 79 and RH is 49% at the canopy, 78 and 52% at the top.

Temp for JH, LS, and R2/D2 peaked at 86 today with RH at 40% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and JH is 12-14 inches below her Mars II 900. R2 is off to the side and is about 24 inches from the light. D2 and LS are 28 inches away.

• LS got 420 ml of bubbled tap water at 167ppm and 5.7 PH
  • D2 got 540 ml of the same water
  • JH was soaked, likely for the last time, with 6 liters of quarter strength DNF Bloom A+B at 383ppm and 5.7 PH

Our second CKS Revolver can take one more day of just tucking before she gets tied down. Other than that and some watering, there wasn't much to do. We've become a pretty well oiled machine when it comes to "processing" time. Half of it is for the journal and not the grow, but both have incredible value to me.

CR (21.8 lbs, down from 24.8 yesterday):

JH (12 lbs down from 18.6 yesterday, 25.4 after watering tonight):

R2 (7.0 lbs, down from 7.6 yesterday):

D2 (6.0 lbs down from 6.4 yesterday, 7.4 after watering tonight):

LS (6.0 lbs down from 6.4 yesterday, 6.6 after watering tonight):

Back in the tent:

I have some tomatoes and jalapenos to go with the lettuce growing in composted chicken manure! :cheesygrinsmiley: Your grow is looking great! :goodjob:
HOZ

logo8.gif

RTK brother you have one of the top journals on :420: I give it to you man, you really put it a lot of time, energy, and love! Oh and you grow some ok plants too haha Who am I shitting!?! You grow some beauties :adore: Mad reps brother, keep it up!

I have some tomatoes and jalapenos to go with the lettuce growing in composted chicken manure! :cheesygrinsmiley: Your grow is looking great! :goodjob:
HOZ

Thinking I'd like to build some kinda potato boxes as well. That's a veggie we'll use a lot of. :)

looking very nice man cant wait to see what the bud's look like when you trim....

Betting on Sunday still. I'm looking foward to getting her hung up and out of the way of the new three.

RTK brother you have one of the top journals on :420: I give it to you man, you really put it a lot of time, energy, and love! Oh and you grow some ok plants too haha Who am I shitting!?! You grow some beauties :adore: Mad reps brother, keep it up!

Thanks so much Tarheel, you made my Good Friday with this one!

:passitleft:

I remember a few weeks ago or so you stated that it was time for a break due to having far too much meds. I'm now in that same boat. My wife is going crazy seeing all the jars in the cabinet. I did not have the heart to tell her that I still have another ~200g left to harvest.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

March 25 Update. JH and CR are 86 days old. R2 is 22, D2 is 11, and LS is 7 days old. CR is 36 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 79 and RH is 44% at the canopy, 79 and 47% at the top.

Temp for JH, LS, and R2/D2 peaked at 87 today with RH at 37% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and JH is 12-14 inches below her Mars II 900. R2 is off to the side and is about 24 inches from the light. D2 and LS are 28 inches away.

• R2 got a liter of bubbled tap water with quarter strength nutes at 262ppm and 5.7 PH.

Leaf tucking is no longer strong enough to hold our second Revolver down for more than a couple hours, so I tied her split tops down. I'll let the six branches grow another inch or two before I start pulling them into the rectangular shape that I liked so well on New Early Miss and Jack Herer.

Family pic:

LS (6.2 lbs, down from 6.6 after watering yesterday):

D2 (6.6 lbs, down from 7.4 after watering yesterday):

R2 (6.4 lbs down from 7.0 yesterday, 8.6 lbs after watering tonight):

After tying her down:

JH (18.6 lbs, down from 25.4 after watering yesterday):

CR (19.8 lbs, down from 21.8 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Looking good, R2 looking a bit stressed but training hurts. I see you're next round is starting to take shape and it looks great.

Cheers

Beautiful buds! I'm looking at your pics and I have to wonder how you manage with your little ones under the same light as the ones that are almost done. Aren't your plants under only 12 hours of light? I've never seen anyone put small vegging plants in with mature budding plants ... unless your trying to get them to bud already?

Beautiful buds! I'm looking at your pics and I have to wonder how you manage with your little ones under the same light as the ones that are almost done. Aren't your plants under only 12 hours of light? I've never seen anyone put small vegging plants in with mature budding plants ... unless your trying to get them to bud already?
Auto's can run under any light. Good question though. Enjoy the show, these two pull huge amounts from small plants.

Cheers

My 1000th post my friend, I've been here and there and everywhere. Now I'm back to the place where I started my forum friendships here, with a great big high five! :high-five: You have the best way of putting things on the lighter side and it makes me smile every time I read your posts. Lots of love and a heap of reps for you and your cohort jayBizzle...

KiG brother :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom